Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The Gambia

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Who's visited this place and seen Charlie the Crocadiddily.

Stayed at Kombo Beach was lovely.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *mberWoman
over a year ago

Preston

Me. My first holiday without parents.

I was 17 or 18.

One guy a photo of me touching Charlie the crocodile.

By *mberWoman
over a year ago

Preston

"Me. My first holiday without parents.

I was 17 or 18.

One guy a photo of me touching Charlie the crocodile."

I've got

Where one guy came from...I've no clue!

over a year ago

"Me. My first holiday without parents.

I was 17 or 18.

One guy a photo of me touching Charlie the crocodile."

I actually believe Charlie still alive today

What resort did you stay in.

I still write to one of the staff I met there nearly 16 years ago. Muchtar Bello his name.

Think I gave him all my clothes, toiletries and spare dallasi b4 I came home.

By *mberWoman
over a year ago

Preston

We left all our first aid kit stuff and stayed in touch with a guy we met.

He lives over here now.

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Wow that takes me back, in 1988 I enjoyed two weeks staying at Kombo Beach, a really great hotel.

A friend of mine had been earlier and suggested bringing back wooden carvings and not to worry about excess baggage costs as there were no scales at the airport, I scooped up so many carvings I had to buy a larger suitcase in Banjul. The day of my departure arrived and got to the airport only to find they had installed a set of scales 2 days earlier.

The staff at Kombo Beach were fantastic and like most visitors I left clothing and toiletries for them along with a few pounds to buy a sack of rice.

For years I have been meaning to go back to The Gambia but other things kept cropping up.

over a year ago

"Wow that takes me back, in 1988 I enjoyed two weeks staying at Kombo Beach, a really great hotel.

A friend of mine had been earlier and suggested bringing back wooden carvings and not to worry about excess baggage costs as there were no scales at the airport, I scooped up so many carvings I had to buy a larger suitcase in Banjul. The day of my departure arrived and got to the airport only to find they had installed a set of scales 2 days earlier.

The staff at Kombo Beach were fantastic and like most visitors I left clothing and toiletries for them along with a few pounds to buy a sack of rice.

For years I have been meaning to go back to The Gambia but other things kept cropping up."

I've been back 3 times. Love kombo beach.

Miss my fix of Julbrew

By *mberWoman
over a year ago

Preston

My holiday was a bit bonkers really. It was £200 half board for 10 days in summer

My friend knocked herself out slipping on the bathroom floor, she also got hit by a car. We were told not to use local taxis, go in and local houses or touch the crocodile (we did all three)

We went on a smugglers trip to Senegal where a woman got attacked by a pelican and a boat trip to an island in a storm where everyone but me was sick, we almost sank and the captain got arrested when we got back to port because he'd been told not to take us.

We had a blast!

over a year ago

"My holiday was a bit bonkers really. It was £200 half board for 10 days in summer

My friend knocked herself out slipping on the bathroom floor, she also got hit by a car. We were told not to use local taxis, go in and local houses or touch the crocodile (we did all three)

We went on a smugglers trip to Senegal where a woman got attacked by a pelican and a boat trip to an island in a storm where everyone but me was sick, we almost sank and the captain got arrested when we got back to port because he'd been told not to take us.

We had a blast!"

Wow sounds wild

I need holiday companions like you

By *jonesMan
over a year ago

london

I went to primary school in the Gambia..Lovely people, very friendly and back then very safe..could go anywhere on my bike...not sure if same know..

over a year ago

"I went to primary school in the Gambia..Lovely people, very friendly and back then very safe..could go anywhere on my bike...not sure if same know.."

What decade are you talking about.

I'd love to do a self build holiday home sometime in the future.

By *jonesMan
over a year ago

london

"I went to primary school in the Gambia..Lovely people, very friendly and back then very safe..could go anywhere on my bike...not sure if same know..

I'd love to do a self build holiday home sometime in the future. "

Early seventies..well be careful...I know someone that tried that....and everything got pinched as soon as they bought it .. get a local fixer that you can trust

over a year ago

"I went to primary school in the Gambia..Lovely people, very friendly and back then very safe..could go anywhere on my bike...not sure if same know..

I'd love to do a self build holiday home sometime in the future.

Early seventies..well be careful...I know someone that tried that....and everything got pinched as soon as they bought it .. get a local fixer that you can trust"

I'll do my research 1st

By *mberWoman
over a year ago

Preston

Isn't Gambia now a bit of a haven for English white women to move and get a young male "friend"? I know someone who's mum did it.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Did you get close to any rhinos?

over a year ago

"Isn't Gambia now a bit of a haven for English white women to move and get a young male "friend"? I know someone who's mum did it."

Think Turkey the big I place for this. There a program on together TV about this behaviour

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

"Isn't Gambia now a bit of a haven for English white women to move and get a young male "friend"? I know someone who's mum did it."

I saw a documentary about it. Lol.

By *mberWoman
over a year ago

Preston

"Isn't Gambia now a bit of a haven for English white women to move and get a young male "friend"? I know someone who's mum did it.

I saw a documentary about it. Lol. "

In gambia? This woman definitely went to gambia. She retired. Bought a house in a gated compound and hires a young bloke to drive her car and have sex with her

Men have been doing it for years so good on her. It wouldn't be my choice of retirements. But I might think differently in 20 years

By *jonesMan
over a year ago

london

Our neighbor was a Scandinavian lady who had "retired" to the Gambia

Post new Message to Thread