Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Self employed people of FAB

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Out of interest what do you do for a living?

I work for myself providing Engineering design services, construction management and operations consultancy/support to the power industry. All focussed around steam turbines powered by Nuclear, Gas, waste to energy.

Certification of pressure vessels, high pressure piping, weld inspection services and radiography examination.

I genuinely love my job and wouldn't change it for anything.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I make latex clothing. I have a 1 day a week healthcare job on top of that but I'm currently doing full time overtime because of the current situation and half my work being signed off.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Landscape and woodland management..absolutely love my work...especially swinging on ropes high in canopy

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

I hate threads like this.

Only because I'm in one of those very niche jobs where giving even basic details would make me easy to find in the real world.

But hope all you fellow self employed folk are surviving the current climate and don't have to resort to going back to working for someone else. I may be much poorer doing what I do - but there's no better feeling than being your own boss and controlling your own life and success.

Good luck to the lot of you.

A

Post new Message to Thread