Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

HRT advice

Jump to newest

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

Hi ladies, was hoping for a bit of advice on HRT meds.

I have been using the patches, thing is they are proving very difficult to source.

The doctor has just prescribed the gel and a progesterone pill.

Has anyone tried this?

Did it work for you?

I had asked for the pills but the doctor thought that this was better.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Can I ask what HRT you are on? I’ve had the same problem obtaining Tridestra due to shortages. This is a three monthly course. My GP has now put me on Estradol tablets for two and a half months and then two weeks of Provera tablets. Works just as well.

Why did your GP prefer you to have the gel rather than the tablets?

V x

over a year ago

Sadly due to c19 GPS are working on best they can do approach.many

Drugs not available

No coils being fitted

No implants no injections.

So if.. At this moment it's a temporary fix to hrt/b12/ contraception.. Infact alot out there. Try what's been prescribed as might work OK for you n not others..

If not gp is on the phone.. So your not alone x

Hope it helps a little xx

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Can I ask what HRT you are on? I’ve had the same problem obtaining Tridestra due to shortages. This is a three monthly course. My GP has now put me on Estradol tablets for two and a half months and then two weeks of Provera tablets. Works just as well.

V x"

I am.on the patches Everil conti, or will be until they run out shortly..They suited me, I am a bit nervous about having to change to the gel.

GP said the gel was safer, cutting edge even. I have high blood presuure

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Sadly due to c19 GPS are working on best they can do approach.many

Drugs not available

No coils being fitted

No implants no injections.

So if.. At this moment it's a temporary fix to hrt/b12/ contraception.. Infact alot out there. Try what's been prescribed as might work OK for you n not others..

If not gp is on the phone.. So your not alone x

Hope it helps a little xx"

I appreciate that things are difficult at the moment. I will definately give them a go...and thanks x

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Can I ask what HRT you are on? I’ve had the same problem obtaining Tridestra due to shortages. This is a three monthly course. My GP has now put me on Estradol tablets for two and a half months and then two weeks of Provera tablets. Works just as well.

V x"

Thanks V..I appreciate the reply x

By *vcarolTV/TS
over a year ago

kilmarnockish

I know this might sound daft coming from a tv, but any self meddling tv will be on the same pills / patches/ creams.

There are a few on line resources that you can look up to see what is required. What suits one may not suit another. It may take a few trials to see what suits best as some have side effects or not as powerful

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

The shortage is nothing to do with the current pandemic.

Progesterone has been an issue since August last year. UK pharma companies haven't been able to import it. So everyone relying on it has been unable to get their prescriptions as no one has any supplies. Those who normally rely on injections have been reccomended to use the hormone coil. Stocks for all progesterone products are drying up. They were expected to be back up for production by January the problem is still ongoing with no estimate on when they will be available again so anyone relying on progesterone will and have been going without any.

over a year ago

Hi I am still getting my progesterone pill ok I just got a 6 month supply from superdrug doctor online 75mg of cerelle if that helps

over a year ago

For over a year now I've been unable to get the HRT my GP prefers me to have so I'm using whatever us available at the time. Some of them havn't worked as well as others but are better than none at all.

My GP had wanted me to try patches but they are impossible to get locally at the moment.

over a year ago

"For over a year now I've been unable to get the HRT my GP prefers me to have so I'm using whatever us available at the time. Some of them havn't worked as well as others but are better than none at all.

My GP had wanted me to try patches but they are impossible to get locally at the moment."

*is not us

over a year ago

"The shortage is nothing to do with the current pandemic.

Progesterone has been an issue since August last year. UK pharma companies haven't been able to import it. So everyone relying on it has been unable to get their prescriptions as no one has any supplies. Those who normally rely on injections have been reccomended to use the hormone coil. Stocks for all progesterone products are drying up. They were expected to be back up for production by January the problem is still ongoing with no estimate on when they will be available again so anyone relying on progesterone will and have been going without any.

"

I’ve had no problem getting Progesterone. It was my combined pill that was the issue. Each month I get a repeat PX for Provera (Progesterone) with no problem.

As you say, there have been shortages since last year, including contraceptives I believe.

I had to try a couple of different brands of HRT until my GP came up with the idea of combining the tablets that made up Tridestra. A tailor made HRT which has always suited me.

over a year ago

"I know this might sound daft coming from a tv, but any self meddling tv will be on the same pills / patches/ creams.

There are a few on line resources that you can look up to see what is required. What suits one may not suit another. It may take a few trials to see what suits best as some have side effects or not as powerful

"

The wonders of HRT! I couldn’t bear to be without it

V x

over a year ago

"Hi I am still getting my progesterone pill ok I just got a 6 month supply from superdrug doctor online 75mg of cerelle if that helps"

Same here. No problems getting mine.

V x

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

Lot of ladies on FB menopause pages are asking chemists what they have in stock then giving list to GP to prescribed as close to what you are already having. I’m on a tablet form & luckily no problems with stock (yet) xx

J x

over a year ago

"Lot of ladies on FB menopause pages are asking chemists what they have in stock then giving list to GP to prescribed as close to what you are already having. I’m on a tablet form & luckily no problems with stock (yet) xx

J x"

I tried that as my GP sugested it however my local chemist refused to help. Instead my GP now phones the chemist to ask what they have and then writes the prescription for me.

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"Lot of ladies on FB menopause pages are asking chemists what they have in stock then giving list to GP to prescribed as close to what you are already having. I’m on a tablet form & luckily no problems with stock (yet) xx

J x

I tried that as my GP sugested it however my local chemist refused to help. Instead my GP now phones the chemist to ask what they have and then writes the prescription for me. "

That’s a sensible option too - better than having to make another appt because it’s not in stock xx

over a year ago

I tried the gel did nothing for me, but may be needed a higher strength I decided to go natural using menopase and stuff from holland and barrett has helped but I know it's not for everyone

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

Thanks everyone for your advice and for the personal messages. It's very much appreciated x

By *ickygirl41Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Hi ladies, was hoping for a bit of advice on HRT meds.

I have been using the patches, thing is they are proving very difficult to source.

Has anyone tried this?

Did it work for you?

"

I'm on evorel 50, they've been hard to source since the factory fire last year but it's improving now, I was put on pessary/cream and a tablet. Did not go well. Got thrush from pessary/cream and the tablet did little, felt low, libido was nonexistent, achy joints/muscles etc.

Brain like a sloth on Ketamine and hair got thin fast.

Very glad my local pharmacy managed to stock evorel again!

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Hi ladies, was hoping for a bit of advice on HRT meds.

Has anyone tried this?

Did it work for you?

I'm on evorel 50, they've been hard to source since the factory fire last year but it's improving now, I was put on pessary/cream and a tablet. Did not go well. Got thrush from pessary/cream and the tablet did little, felt low, libido was nonexistent, achy joints/muscles etc.

Brain like a sloth on Ketamine and hair got thin fast.

Very glad my local pharmacy managed to stock evorel again! "

I'm glad you mamaged to get some. That sounds bloody awful x

Post new Message to Thread