Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Online shopping vs normal shopping

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I don't like to shop online.. it seems to cost me more, and I cant pick my own fruit and veg ( to be honest I tend to use the small grocers shop or the market for that)

Also I have noticed that there seems to be more offers on IN store..

Yes there are advantages to shopping online but do they outweigh the cons..

For me I use it as some time to get out the house, I tend to not take the kids, I will go have a cup of tea in the cafe.. and wander around the clothes stores too.. or maybe buy myself a dvd etc.

I prefer the human interaction of actually going shopping..

cali

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Depends, anything but food/grocery shopping i buy online as its 25 mile to the nearest city. But food products i will go to the supermarket

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I prefer going out to the shops and getting out the house, but I actually end up spending more when I do that... I'm a sucker for the right packaging

If I shop online I can just search for exactly what I need and not be tempted whilst walking passed shelves of colourful pretty product

over a year ago

Walking back and fore to the post office sending stuff back, your as well walking round the shops

over a year ago

I lived in Hong Kong 24 yrs ago where I could pick up phone and get everything delivered and they never sent stuff nearly out of date. 1 shop we had an account with the others we paid on delivery was fantastic for food shopping meant I could spend so much more time lazing round pool. Over here I don't shop for food on line but do wish amazon didn't have one click shopping

over a year ago

I shop on line when I have fun arranged as one day off work I would rather waste in bed with him than in ASDA or Tesco

over a year ago

I don't like online shopping, I like to see the items and actually hand over cash or a card to pay for them.

I don't like to buy clothes online. There is nothing quite like being weighted down with bags containing dresses and shoes.

The only thing I do buy constantly on line is books from Amazon

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHCCouple
over a year ago

horwich

To be fair on my other post on the child parking space thread, I don't order food online but as all my shops are within a 5 minute walk I don't need to. Plus Rhett does all our food shopping

I do order stuff on line but I do like to wander round the shops, preferably at 9.00 when no one else is out yet. Other shoppers do my head in

Scarlett x

over a year ago

i only buy food shopping in store, everything else i buy off line, i hate shopping, i hate it when its busy, i hate standing in queues, id sooner buy my shoes, clothes and underwear etc from a on line shop than walk round a shopping centre full of screaming kids and pissed off parents

i think im getting old

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

I hate online food shopping. It seems to cost more and looks rubbish when it arrives.Plus there are the inevitable substitutions (didn't have your fruity porridge so here's some plain )

I know someone who ordered disposable nappies - they didn't have the size she wanted so instead of sending another brand in that size, they sent the brand she asked for in a DIFFERENT size! What good was that??

I can appreciate online grocery shopping has its place but I'd rather pound the aisles and actually SHOP

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I hate shopping.

I've recently refurbished my house, all three floors without carrying a single item, everything was bought on-line. The only item I was slightly disappointed with was one of the duvet sets for my bed, it's "slippery" but looks beautiful.

I can't recall the last time I actually went clothes or shoe shopping...all done online.

As for pushing a trolley around Sainsbury's...don't do that either. Use the shopping list feature for small shops or click on my usuals, shopping delivered at s time of my choosing right to my worktops. If I go shopping it cost £5 for a cab and the cabbie might help with the shopping to the door, I still have to lug them to the kitchen.

If my daughter drives me she reverts to 10 and asks "mum, mum, can we have...?' and my shopping triples!

People's unruly kids, design of shopping centres, my impatience and downright laziness makes shopping a nightmare. Thank God for on-line shopping!

over a year ago

"If my daughter drives me she reverts to 10 and asks "mum, mum, can we have...?' and my shopping triples!"

Though it was just my kids that did that lol

They was easier shopping with them when they was 10 caue at that age if i told them to shut up they did

over a year ago

I shop as much as I can on-line, where else can you browse the aisles at 4am in your onesie eating ben&jerries ..... oh I forgot they already do that in the ASDA 24hrs near here.

I still prefer to bargain hunt online though because I know I will get whatever I'm looking for eventually.

My bed is a wrought iron one bought online and delivered from France and it is EXACTLY what I was looking for, no shop in this country could supply it.

over a year ago

40 years ago in Scotland one could phone the local grocers and do exactly the same. Oh dear I really am showing my age lol

over a year ago

"40 years ago in Scotland one could phone the local grocers and do exactly the same. Oh dear I really am showing my age lol"

.... that's why online shopping is so popular, they just took an old idea and repackaged it for the masses!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"If my daughter drives me she reverts to 10 and asks "mum, mum, can we have...?' and my shopping triples!

They was easier shopping with them when they was 10 caue at that age if i told them to shut up they did "

Tell me about it!

Spiced chai, scented candles, pot pouri, pistachios, nut milk...items I wouldn't dream of buying are among the items that end up in my shopping trolley when my daughter takes me shopping. Only human being I can't say "no" to.

over a year ago

"If my daughter drives me she reverts to 10 and asks "mum, mum, can we have...?' and my shopping triples!

They was easier shopping with them when they was 10 caue at that age if i told them to shut up they did

Tell me about it!

Spiced chai, scented candles, pot pouri, pistachios, nut milk...items I wouldn't dream of buying are among the items that end up in my shopping trolley when my daughter takes me shopping. Only human being I can't say "no" to. "

I remember when I lived near Swindon, I used to shop in a store called Carrefour ...... my ex used to find all sorts of car and house maintenance stuff to put in my trolley .... I'd be standing there at the checkout watching sparkplugs and gallons of oil going along the conveyor belt thinking WTF?

over a year ago

"i only buy food shopping in store, everything else i buy off line, i hate shopping, i hate it when its busy, i hate standing in queues, id sooner buy my shoes, clothes and underwear etc from a on line shop than walk round a shopping centre full of screaming kids and pissed off parents

i think im getting old "

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Why do shelf stackers have B.O. ?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I shop as much as I can on-line, where else can you browse the aisles at 4am in your onesie eating ben&jerries ..... oh I forgot they already do that in the ASDA 24hrs near here.

I still prefer to bargain hunt online though because I know I will get whatever I'm looking for eventually.

My bed is a wrought iron one bought online and delivered from France and it is EXACTLY what I was looking for, no shop in this country could supply it."

Scusting to be in your jammies in ASDA.

A Scouse woman never goes out in her jammies n curlers.....

over a year ago

"I don't like to shop online.. it seems to cost me more, and I cant pick my own fruit and veg ( to be honest I tend to use the small grocers shop or the market for that)

Also I have noticed that there seems to be more offers on IN store..

Yes there are advantages to shopping online but do they outweigh the cons..

For me I use it as some time to get out the house, I tend to not take the kids, I will go have a cup of tea in the cafe.. and wander around the clothes stores too.. or maybe buy myself a dvd etc.

I prefer the human interaction of actually going shopping..

cali"

Same offers on line as in stores but no out of code stuff. I prefer to shop on line then i dont get some scroat letting their trolley bang into my car.

over a year ago

I prefer to shop in-store, I can buy reduced goods, pick and choose fruit and vegetables etc, also prefer to shop around to find all the bargains, far too expensive buying from the same place. So I would never buy online, too expensive, harder for refunds so I hear and I would never get any reduced goods. As to clothes, much prefer to try it on over the hassle of paying for it, finding it doesn't fit then having to send it back.

Post new Message to Thread