Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Man on the moon

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Who thinks humans definitely went to the moon and who thinks they didn't.

I love all things space and we definitely went to the moon and we will go back very soon, maybe further to Mars

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I came here thinking of Jim Carrey movie.. quietly backing out

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"I came here thinking of Jim Carrey movie.. quietly backing out "

Me too, I was thinking "oh good shout, I might rewatch that"

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Who thinks humans definitely went to the moon and who thinks they didn't.

I love all things space and we definitely went to the moon and we will go back very soon, maybe further to Mars"

Well I always used to until I heard how much insulation the landing ship and the astronauts would have needed to shield them from the radiation.

over a year ago

I question it.

over a year ago

"I came here thinking of Jim Carrey movie.. quietly backing out

Me too, I was thinking "oh good shout, I might rewatch that" "

Well. It's on the watch list now. when I'm feeling more reflective than giddy.

By *viatrixWoman
over a year ago

Redhill

"I question it. "

Me too... though most people I interact with believe in it vehemently so I tend to go with the flow...

over a year ago

Well now I'm singing REM in my head

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What movie are you on about?

By *hloevtTV/TS
over a year ago

norwich

It was fake !! They would have sunk into the cheese and the moon is the same size as a 10p coin, I know as I have seen it!!!

over a year ago

Speaking of Andy Kaufman, me and Sparkles are having a big fight later this evening. Im going to kick her arse. And all her sissy supporters

By *iaisonseekerMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Well now I'm singing REM in my head "

Same here

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

What movie are you on about?"

Man on the moon.

over a year ago

I believe it happened x

By *uxinteriorMan
over a year ago

south west , continental

I love all things space and we definitely went to the moon and we will go back very soon, maybe further to Mars"

Crikey this is a big one, you realise all the conspiracy theory crackpots will love this one!

Its one of those subjects that has been analysed to death.

Personally I have my concerns, such a significant event and what are the excuses now. They don't have the technology, they don't have the information, it has been lost or destroyed, even the video footage is gone. They can't figure out how to get past the radiation belts. Not forgetting the whole expedition to the moon was conducted using computers with the memory power of your smart phone, how the hell did that work!?

I like to think it happened, but was it just a big scam to piss of the Russians and gain an advantage. If its a Hoax, NASA is still pulling it off today!

Excellent film set though, and wasn't Stanley Kubrik involved somewhere! I'm sure Elon Musk could do it though, even if NASA can't.

over a year ago

If you think of the number of personnel involved from cleaners right up to the astronauts and the logistics of training etc, if this had been a set up the something would have surfaced by now. Have a look for a short clip on the internet where Buzz Aldrin decks a guy who calls him a cheat

over a year ago

This happened at the height of the Cold War. If the Russians could have disproved America it would have done. It happened.

over a year ago

don't start this shit in here.

all the conspiracy fools are in the virus section.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/04/20 20:32:11]

over a year ago

Speaking of Andy Kaufman, me and Sparkles are having a big fight later this evening. Im going to kick her arse. And all her sissy supporters "

Hissing at the use of sissy word;-)

Sorry OP

over a year ago

Speaking of Andy Kaufman, me and Sparkles are having a big fight later this evening. Im going to kick her arse. And all her sissy supporters

Hissing at the use of sissy word;-)

Sorry OP "

Bunch of sissies

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

They didn't bring back moon cheese so I don't care either way, the selfishness of it

Cool film though. Tony Clifton reminded me of my real dad. A right shit.

over a year ago

"They didn't bring back moon cheese so I don't care either way, the selfishness of it

Cool film though. Tony Clifton reminded me of my real dad. A right shit. "

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

We went. What we left there is what we can use to measure the exact distance to it from here, at any moment in time. That's simple and easy enough evidence for me

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

Moon base Alpha...where are you? 21 years later and still no sign!

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Yes they definitely went to the moon. If anyone has any doubt, just ask yourself... did Russia have a telescope? Because it would have been quite easy for them to watch with a big telescope.

Cal

over a year ago

"They didn't bring back moon cheese so I don't care either way, the selfishness of it

Check out Kauffmans first ever appearance as Clifton at the Comedy Store on youtube. Its fucking amazing

By *orfolkmark70Man
over a year ago

Suffolk/Norfolk

I'm guessing all those who don't believe it also don't believe that the international space station exists and that their satellite navigation system works by magic.

By *abrielle247Couple (FF)
over a year ago

PDI Gran Canaria

I met Neil Armstrong and he seemed a genuine guy and I'd hate to think it was all a hoax.

By *DW1983Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen, Leeds, Sheffield

Ohhh I do love a good conspiracy theory. Not sure there is such a thing as a good one, but hey...

Of course the biggest problem with debunking any conspiracy is that if you disagree with the crackpot theory, you are automatically one of the conspirators...

over a year ago

What movie are you on about?"

That is the funniest post ever. Thank you OP

over a year ago

Moon dust for sale...

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

"Well now I'm singing REM in my head "

Me too

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan
over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

I totally believe they went to the moon. But (with all the powerful telescopes, seeing far into the galaxy) why hasn’t anyone - to my knowledge - shown pics of the stuff which was left on the moon’s surface?

Or has it all drifted off into space, so it’s not there any more?

over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

The complete base of the lunar landing module should surely be visible from a satellite telescope, if it’s still sitting there.

over a year ago

What movie are you on about?

Man on the moon. "

That's a great movie

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"I met Neil Armstrong and he seemed a genuine guy and I'd hate to think it was all a hoax. "

Lucky you! Not like the bloke who Buzz Aldrin punched. He doesn't suffer lunar conspiracy theorists, very much.

Patrick (Sky at night/Games Master) said he was one of the last people alive to meet one of the Wright brothers, Neil Armstrong and a third aviation pioneer. That has to be bloody amazing when it comes to name dropping.

over a year ago

"I totally believe they went to the moon. But (with all the powerful telescopes, seeing far into the galaxy) why hasn’t anyone - to my knowledge - shown pics of the stuff which was left on the moon’s surface?

Or has it all drifted off into space, so it’s not there any more? "

the Antares module from Apollo 14 is visible on the surface.

to see the objects left on the moon by the US and Russia you need to be in elliptical low orbit within 14 miles.

to do this you would need a craft circling the moon at an altitude of 31 miles then approach the surface to within the 14 miles.

the flags would have gone because the moons hot, cold and ultraviolent environment.

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"I'm guessing all those who don't believe it also don't believe that the international space station exists and that their satellite navigation system works by magic. "

Arthur C Clarke...the man who helped turn science fiction (2001) into fact. I knew this anyway, but heres what Thickopedia has to say about what was later to become to become Sky/BSB and Sat Nav/GPS /Magellan.

"Clarke contributed to the popularity of the idea that geostationary satellites would be ideal telecommunications relays. He first described this in a letter to the editor of Wireless World in February 1945[93] and elaborated on the concept in a paper titled Extra-Terrestrial Relays – Can Rocket Stations Give Worldwide Radio Coverage?, published in Wireless World in October 1945.

The geostationary orbit is now sometimes known as the Clarke Orbit or the Clarke Belt in his honour.

The moral of this story is this...don't waste time on story tellers who udo science, as that is backwards thinking. Instead rely on story tellers to describe the future. Then watch scientists, engineers and the greatest thinkers to do the impossible and deliver those dreams.

Fact into fantasy=stupid

Fantasy into fact=stupedous

over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

"I totally believe they went to the moon. But (with all the powerful telescopes, seeing far into the galaxy) why hasn’t anyone - to my knowledge - shown pics of the stuff which was left on the moon’s surface?

Or has it all drifted off into space, so it’s not there any more?

the Antares module from Apollo 14 is visible on the surface.

to see the objects left on the moon by the US and Russia you need to be in elliptical low orbit within 14 miles.

to do this you would need a craft circling the moon at an altitude of 31 miles then approach the surface to within the 14 miles.

the flags would have gone because the moons hot, cold and ultraviolent environment."

Well I didn’t know that. Thanks, I’ll look into it.

I can’t understand why there’s any doubt then.

over a year ago

I think it was a hoax

over a year ago

I had to go off and find that performance on yt!

over a year ago

No reason for the us to fake it. Theyd have been easily found out waaaay before the modern debunkers. I think they went there. But they arnt as open as to how and what was involved.

S

over a year ago

They're not going back to the moon until at least 2024 because they can't figure out how to build a lunar lander in 2020

and we are supposed to believe they could build one in the 60's to go to the moon

By *DW1983Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen, Leeds, Sheffield

"They're not going back to the moon until at least 2024 because they can't figure out how to build a lunar lander in 2020

and we are supposed to believe they could build one in the 60's to go to the moon "

Without going away and researching it, (and assuming that they did really go, of course) my initial thought in regards to that would be that there is probably a much higher degree of safety required in 2020 than 1960, and that lots of the things that were done then might not be acceptable now, in terms of risk and in terms of reliability. I suspect that would be one factor, though as I say, that's just an initial reaction so could be completely wrong!

By *abrielle247Couple (FF)
over a year ago

PDI Gran Canaria

In the 60s there was the funding, the desire, the will of the government and the people not to mention the competition with Russia. The testing and safety issues are far more rigorous now.

over a year ago

The Chinese have taken pictures of the moon landing site and the US went their.

Elon Musk will transform the space race through his approach to develop the SN range of rockets.

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

We definitely went. The moon landing was tracked by multiple nations, including Russia

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"We definitely went. The moon landing was tracked by multiple nations, including Russia"

They would love to steal that thunder from NASA/US.

The race to get the first humans, on the red planet is not a two horse race.

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

Did you believe they put s man on the moon

Post new Message to Thread