Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Not meeting at the moment

Jump to newest

By *reatformeat OP   Woman
over a year ago

my own bubble

Noticed a lot of profiles been on over a year with no veris have put "not meeting at the moment" as there status . ??? Like they were meeting anyway

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *avhonaWoman
over a year ago

Away with the faeries

Why does a lack of veri have to mean that they haven't been meeting?

over a year ago

my own bubble

"Why does a lack of veri have to mean that they haven't been meeting? "
. Ahhhhh so these people meet but just never get verified ?? Now i get it

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

In case they suddenly got an offer

over a year ago

Would say it’s just them being socially responsible at the moment and not considering meets regardless if met before or not ?

over a year ago

Verifications are something fake people use to try and trick people into thinking they're not fake.

Only people without verifications are genuine

over a year ago

my own bubble

"Verifications are something fake people use to try and trick people into thinking they're not fake.

Only people without verifications are genuine "

Im learning more and more everyday i use the forums

over a year ago

"Verifications are something fake people use to try and trick people into thinking they're not fake.

Im learning more and more everyday i use the forums "

Glad I could help

over a year ago

my own bubble

Im learning more and more everyday i use the forums

Glad I could help "

Well help is better than being attacked by regular forum police for daring to have an opinion

By *urvySub87Woman
over a year ago

Near Wellingborough

Not everyone I've met has verified me. I think a few just to prove I'm genuine is plenty

over a year ago

It might apply to people like yourself if you feel each and every meet requires a verification. You have only one yourself does this mean you have only ever met one other person?

I've met quite a few people but only socially and I've never felt like I am required to leave a veri nor have I demanded one.

People can speak for themselves! I don't meet or not meet people depending on how many/if they have feedback and I don't imagine most on here pay too much attention to that either

By *avhonaWoman
over a year ago

Away with the faeries

"Why does a lack of veri have to mean that they haven't been meeting? . Ahhhhh so these people meet but just never get verified ?? Now i get it "

There are people out there who don't necessarily need to be verified by fellow fabbers.

And what is the harm really in making sure people know that you are being socially responsible?

over a year ago

I hide my verification summary and my veries as Im very private. I think a lot on here are the same lovely xx

By *riveroneMan
over a year ago

Hyde

My bigger point of notice is people just signed up saying it (well obviously)

over a year ago

I stopped meeting.

reason for that is im a workaholic and also I got sick and tired of the chase.

all im looking for now is one playmate/partner and if that takes time to find and get right so be it.

and I don't have to answer to anyone for my choices OP

over a year ago

my own bubble

"I hide my verification summary and my veries as Im very private. I think a lot on here are the same lovely xx"
hide mine to but still have a green tick to say im verified

over a year ago

my own bubble

[Removed by poster at 18/04/20 11:36:23]

over a year ago

my own bubble

"I stopped meeting.

all im looking for now is one playmate/partner and if that takes time to find and get right so be it.

and I don't have to answer to anyone for my choices OP"

Think you have missed the point of the thread hun x

over a year ago

And even if they have not had a meet yet I still don’t see the problem in advertising that they are being responsible.

They may just not have met the right people here. They may have been here a year but not really used the site properly until now.

over a year ago

What?!!!

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Maybe they're getting messages asking them to meet, so they've put that up to try and prevent that.

over a year ago

What?!!! "

You read that right

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Why does a lack of veri have to mean that they haven't been meeting? . Ahhhhh so these people meet but just never get verified ?? Now i get it "

Or meeting regulars do no need to have 50 messages from the same person?!

Or the not meeting message was there (assuming it's in their profile text) before the lockdown.

Why do judgy?

over a year ago

The more people that advertise social responsibility the better

By *ncemoreroundthesunCouple
over a year ago

A town and place not in the UK

"The more people that advertise social responsibility the better "

This, anything to keep the arrogant and dangerously stupid reminded to stay home.

By *jl1972Man
over a year ago

Bournemouth

I don't understand this.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Like most things on here - how other people choose to run and manage their profile causes me not the slightest moment of concern if it doesn't impact me, which it doesn't 99.9999% of the time

By *erdyWoman
over a year ago

wiltshire

"Noticed a lot of profiles been on over a year with no veris have put "not meeting at the moment" as there status . ??? Like they were meeting anyway "
yes seen that on many and thought the same!

By *erdyWoman
over a year ago

wiltshire

"Why does a lack of veri have to mean that they haven't been meeting? "
Why would you not? After all no green tick is not going to help you with getting meets.

By *erdyWoman
over a year ago

wiltshire

over a year ago

I wish I didn’t have any verifications. I delete my account every year to shake them off but some people still re-verify me when they see me back on here.

I like looking fresh like a virgin.

over a year ago

"I stopped meeting.

and I don't have to answer to anyone for my choices OP

Think you have missed the point of the thread hun x "

hope I haven't caused any offence x

over a year ago

"I hide my verification summary and my veries as Im very private. I think a lot on here are the same lovely xx hide mine to but still have a green tick to say im verified "

Ah yes I forgot about the green tick xx

By *erdyWoman
over a year ago

wiltshire

Pretty sure OP is talking about the green tick, not the whole veri summary

over a year ago

I don't understand this."

('tis a little 'levity', Dear.....!!)

Eva X

By *avhonaWoman
over a year ago

Away with the faeries

"Why does a lack of veri have to mean that they haven't been meeting? Why would you not? After all no green tick is not going to help you with getting meets. "

And I could argue the opposite. Why should I need a verification posted here? If I'm approached less then that is personally fine for me. There are really effective ways, outside of fab, to verify someone as an authentic human being.

over a year ago

"Why does a lack of veri have to mean that they haven't been meeting? Why would you not? After all no green tick is not going to help you with getting meets.

And I could argue the opposite. Why should I need a verification posted here? If I'm approached less then that is personally fine for me. There are really effective ways, outside of fab, to verify someone as an authentic human being. "

This is so true. And from past experience a verification really makes no difference when it comes to meeting the people you spark a connection with.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

"Why does a lack of veri have to mean that they haven't been meeting? Why would you not? After all no green tick is not going to help you with getting meets.

And I could argue the opposite. Why should I need a verification posted here? If I'm approached less then that is personally fine for me. There are really effective ways, outside of fab, to verify someone as an authentic human being. "

Agree with you totally, a lot more is made of veris by some than it really ought to be - yes they're an indication that somebody is who they say they are but they're (a) not foolproof and (b) are only one person's take on it (or more than one if multiple veris) and as such of little relevance in the overall scheme of things - as you say there are many other effective ways to be sure someone is who they say they are.

over a year ago

And I could argue the opposite. Why should I need a verification posted here? If I'm approached less then that is personally fine for me. There are really effective ways, outside of fab, to verify someone as an authentic human being.

Agree with you totally, a lot more is made of veris by some than it really ought to be - yes they're an indication that somebody is who they say they are but they're (a) not foolproof and (b) are only one person's take on it (or more than one if multiple veris) and as such of little relevance in the overall scheme of things - as you say there are many other effective ways to be sure someone is who they say they are."

And is it really a true reflection? Or do people sometimes feel they have to be nice? I know from past friends on here that they have felt the need to say things they don’t necessarily think.

That would be my worst nightmare

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Noticed a lot of profiles been on over a year with no veris have put "not meeting at the moment" as there status . ??? Like they were meeting anyway "

You have no idea if they are meeting or not.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

The last man we met didn't verify us nor we him. He was really nice and we're still in touch but I don't think either of us felt it was necessary to verify the other.

over a year ago

"Noticed a lot of profiles been on over a year with no veris have put "not meeting at the moment" as there status . ??? Like they were meeting anyway

I have no idea if you have no idea if they have an idea if they are meeting or not. But I know you have a nice ass

"

What that woman says

over a year ago

"The last man we met didn't verify us nor we him. He was really nice and we're still in touch but I don't think either of us felt it was necessary to verify the other. "

I have actually preferred it when I have met someone here and verifications have never even been discussed or left.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"The last man we met didn't verify us nor we him. He was really nice and we're still in touch but I don't think either of us felt it was necessary to verify the other.

I have actually preferred it when I have met someone here and verifications have never even been discussed or left."

In a good or bad way?

I think there comes a point where its obvious if people are genuine in their intent and verifications become a bit superfluous

over a year ago

"The last man we met didn't verify us nor we him. He was really nice and we're still in touch but I don't think either of us felt it was necessary to verify the other.

I have actually preferred it when I have met someone here and verifications have never even been discussed or left.

In a good or bad way?

I think there comes a point where its obvious if people are genuine in their intent and verifications become a bit superfluous "

Yes I could not agree more. In a good way

over a year ago

You can completely hide all your veris, you do know this?

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

"Why does a lack of veri have to mean that they haven't been meeting? . Ahhhhh so these people meet but just never get verified ?? Now i get it

You can completely hide all your veris, you do know this? "

But you can still tell if someone has one or not from the green tick on their profile which is what I think the OP was referring to

By *erdyWoman
over a year ago

wiltshire

kinda think you are missing the point. But hey ho

over a year ago

my own bubble

"Why does a lack of veri have to mean that they haven't been meeting? . Ahhhhh so these people meet but just never get verified ?? Now i get it

You can completely hide all your veris, you do know this? "

cant hide your green tick though

Post new Message to Thread