Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Been here before...

Jump to newest

By *abon OP   Woman
over a year ago

L’boro/Ashby & Cheltenham

So what percentage of people who “have been here before/know the score/took a break” actually have?

Seems there’s a huge number of very new profiles with this splashed all over them.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

You forgot the classic add on "Was well verified if you remember me get in touch" for that added attempt at "authenticity"

I tend to take claims like that with a pinch of salt to be honest - I want to meet people because of the person not because they've been here before.

By *awk90Man
over a year ago

Amsterdam

I certainly take breaks, but I don't remove my profile in-between. I don't see why you'd delete it, really, as it's not doing any harm just lying around

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I generally assume they're lying or they got banned - either way, into the bin they go

By *abon OP   Woman
over a year ago

"You forgot the classic add on "Was well verified if you remember me get in touch" for that added attempt at "authenticity"

I tend to take claims like that with a pinch of salt to be honest - I want to meet people because of the person not because they've been here before."

So I’m not being a cynical bitch then...just checking

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

We took a break of about 5 years.

Didn't delete the profile. Just hid it.

Why go through the ballache of starting again when the site gives you all the tools you need to take a temporary break at no cost and come back whenever you want?

A

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"You forgot the classic add on "Was well verified if you remember me get in touch" for that added attempt at "authenticity"

I tend to take claims like that with a pinch of salt to be honest - I want to meet people because of the person not because they've been here before."

Or occasionally people who paste "old verifications" into their profile text

By *abon OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I generally assume they're lying or they got banned - either way, into the bin they go "

Hadn’t really thought about them getting banned...that adds another level of ick to it all.

By *abon OP   Woman
over a year ago

"We took a break of about 5 years.

Didn't delete the profile. Just hid it.

Why go through the ballache of starting again when the site gives you all the tools you need to take a temporary break at no cost and come back whenever you want?

A"

And the history/longevity factor too!

over a year ago

I genuinely have been here before, many times! I delete my profile and start again when it gets to almost a year old although I did have a proper 10 month break last year.

By *arksxMan
over a year ago

Leicester / London

Lots of new profiles after

Everyone stuck indoors with their husbands and wife for the first time in years...

Are realising the intimacy in their relationships died years ago

A few people I have met before have popped up with new profiles

By *abon OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I genuinely have been here before, many times! I delete my profile and start again when it gets to almost a year old although I did have a proper 10 month break last year. "

Can I ask why you delete it instead of just hiding it?

By *abon OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Lots of new profiles after

Everyone stuck indoors with their husbands and wife for the first time in years...

A few people I have met before have popped up with new profiles"

But are they using the ‘been here before’ line...or just contacting you to say hi?

over a year ago

I had to check my profile as it's long since I read it, but yes I've got that written down( must update now).

I guess it's a rather mute point? Everyone you speak to is a stranger at first regardless of verification or how long you've been here?

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Nope this is my one and only profile. Well bar the one I deleted about 3 hours after opening it as I got a bit freaked out will all the messages. A friend explained filters which I did when I opened this one and it was a lot easier

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

This is the only profile I have had as a single.

I have one with hubby as well that has been running continuously... if we want a break we just have one and leave the profile on.

By *arksxMan
over a year ago

Leicester / London

"Lots of new profiles after

A few people I have met before have popped up with new profiles

But are they using the ‘been here before’ line...or just contacting you to say hi?"

That line is in their profile

But if I have met them and enjoyed my time with them. I'm happy to verify their new profile.

As soon as few other people do the same for them, they usually drop the "been here before" line

By *abon OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Nope this is my one and only profile. Well bar the one I deleted about 3 hours after opening it as I got a bit freaked out will all the messages. A friend explained filters which I did when I opened this one and it was a lot easier "

wish I’d had a friend at the start! I got a lots of offers to guide me through tho

over a year ago

It’s a huge number, I guess

over a year ago

I've been off and on fab since I separated from wife in 2008....find myself fed up with it then falling into vanilla relationships, they break down and i'm on again.....and repeat....just because a profile says joined 3 months ago there's probably more to the person than that statistic

By *adMerWoman
over a year ago

Sandwich

"I certainly take breaks, but I don't remove my profile in-between. I don't see why you'd delete it, really, as it's not doing any harm just lying around"

Exactly this

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple
over a year ago

Planet Ork

We’ve just been here ages and still haven’t got a clue!

over a year ago

I've deleted profiles a few times as I've got to the "I've had enough of this" stage...or I've seen someone who I didnt want to see me on here...

But always came back...lol

By *issminxymooWoman
over a year ago

Button Moon

Got it written on my profile ... But it's true, I was...honest guvnor!

over a year ago

Lol. Such a rocky error..surely the default should be single men only from age 98-99. Then your safe - lol

By *arksxMan
over a year ago

Leicester / London

"Nope this is my one and only profile. Well bar the one I deleted about 3 hours after opening it as I got a bit freaked out will all the messages. A friend explained filters which I did when I opened this one and it was a lot easier

wish I’d had a friend at the start! I got a lots of offers to guide me through tho "

A lot of profiles write lines like that after advice from "friends" when they start

Most people find this site through an introduction.

Whatever well meaning guidance others offer.

Everyone is after something individual on here.

I give new profiles the benefit of the doubt...it ain't easy working it all out immediately

By *abon OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I've been off and on fab since I separated from wife in 2008....find myself fed up with it then falling into vanilla relationships, they break down and i'm on again.....and repeat....just because a profile says joined 3 months ago there's probably more to the person than that statistic"

I agree...always more to a person than just a number. Maybe it’s more the way it’s written in the post that makes my spidey sense twitch...and wanted a bit of validation that others see it as a ‘line’ in profiles too!

over a year ago

Yes ....... been here a while, can nearly be carbon dated

over a year ago

I left when I got into a relationship.

returned a year after it ended

over a year ago

"I've been off and on fab since I separated from wife in 2008....find myself fed up with it then falling into vanilla relationships, they break down and i'm on again.....and repeat....just because a profile says joined 3 months ago there's probably more to the person than that statistic

I agree...always more to a person than just a number. Maybe it’s more the way it’s written in the post that makes my spidey sense twitch...and wanted a bit of validation that others see it as a ‘line’ in profiles too!"

All comes in any following conversations between allies in filth lol

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"I've been off and on fab since I separated from wife in 2008....find myself fed up with it then falling into vanilla relationships, they break down and i'm on again.....and repeat....just because a profile says joined 3 months ago there's probably more to the person than that statistic

I agree...always more to a person than just a number. Maybe it’s more the way it’s written in the post that makes my spidey sense twitch...and wanted a bit of validation that others see it as a ‘line’ in profiles too!"

I think that "way" is the key...

...simply saying "been here before" is fine (*winks at Minxymoo*) ...it's the added "so know how it works/was veri'd before" etc that brings out the cynic in me

Post new Message to Thread