Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Watching people on Telly flog

Jump to newest

By *ussinflipflops OP   Woman
over a year ago

Doncaster

their gold 'cos the price is high and greed has set in and they want a holiday ro something else equally banal.

Not for me. I'm hanging on to my gold 'cos it will be rare one day when the rest of it has been melted down.

Anyone else agree ??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ourbonKissMan
over a year ago

a land up north..... of leicester

I love the colour of my indian gold too much to sell it. X

By *am sampsonMan
over a year ago

cwmbran

"their gold 'cos the price is high and greed has set in and they want a holiday ro something else equally banal.

Not for me. I'm hanging on to my gold 'cos it will be rare one day when the rest of it has been melted down.

Anyone else agree ?? "

It doesnt disappear when it's melted down so how will that make it rare - it's being mined all the time

over a year ago

Doncaster

When I say rare..not for the actual gold value as the gold will always exist but for the beautiful designs and style which will be lost forever. The same applies to Silver.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

keeping mine firmly attached to my neck and wrists

over a year ago

i dont think it will be rare enough to be worth hanging onto in our life time

By *am sampsonMan
over a year ago

cwmbran

"When I say rare..not for the actual gold value as the gold will always exist but for the beautiful designs and style which will be lost forever. The same applies to Silver.

"

Yeh there is that but most dealers won't melt down itmes which have more value as an antique piece

over a year ago

People buy and sell things all the time so its sentimental reasons for keeping in many situations. It won't disappear though or drop in price I think so keeping it won't be detrimental.

By *nJ_NW_cplCouple
over a year ago

wirral

The majority of gold that I have was given to me by my grandparents so no amount of money would be enough to buy it from me (Mr) xxx

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"their gold 'cos the price is high and greed has set in and they want a holiday ro something else equally banal.

Anyone else agree ?? "

I must be greedy as I sold most of mine a few months back.

It had been sitting in my jewellery box for a few years untouched as I no longer liked most of it and I very rarely wear gold now. (Prefer silver)

Kept some special pieces that I had been brought for special birthdays or been left etc but all the rest went.

over a year ago

Doncaster

"

Yeh there is that but most dealers won't melt down itmes which have more value as an antique piece"

Items crafted in the past 40 odd years will get melted down... I predict a shortage of them in the future as they are not being recognised for their future value. Some Dealers don't get that.

I still think if someone has unusual pieces or good watches then they should keep them as a true investment.

over a year ago

A lot of people I know haven't flogged their gold because they are greedy ...... it's because they are trying to survive and pay bills, they need the cash else they wouldn't be parting with it. I know I've been tempted to sell as I have to have four new tyres which cost me £540 out of an already stretched budget.

Post new Message to Thread