Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Disappearing verifications

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Disappearing verifications are so annoying i have been on fan alittle while now and had a few meets some have verified me others havnt but I had 3 really good and nice verifications and since then two of the people have logged off fab and ni longer members so although it still says I have had meets the lovely write up these people left me have gone.

I dont get why the write up needs to go as they where nice to show and now it looks like I'm only showing 1 grrrr ok rant over.

Has anyone else experienced this

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes. When someone leaves the site, any verifications they have left disappear, though it doesn't affect your meet summary. That's how the site works

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/04/20 10:17:31]

over a year ago

"Yes. When someone leaves the site, any verifications they have left disappear, though it doesn't affect your meet summary. That's how the site works"

Yer I just think it's a shame that you lose a write up about you that could appeal to other users that maybe wanna hear what others say about you

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"Yes. When someone leaves the site, any verifications they have left disappear, though it doesn't affect your meet summary. That's how the site works

Yer I just think it's a shame that you lose a write up about you that could appeal to other users that maybe wanna hear what others say about you"

I've seen profiles that quote old veris on them, maybe do that if you want to keep them

By *kblokenorthMan
over a year ago

Any

"Yes. When someone leaves the site, any verifications they have left disappear, though it doesn't affect your meet summary. That's how the site works

Yer I just think it's a shame that you lose a write up about you that could appeal to other users that maybe wanna hear what others say about you"

I’ve seen some folk cut and paste the veri into their profile text at the bottom to preserve old ones.

Can’t see the harm in that apart from if the users have left I guess you could have just invented them!

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I think most people will have experienced this yes, I wonder if they could make it show as a verification from UNLOS, like they do with forum posts?

over a year ago

The verification system is not a performance review feature. It's there to show that you are who you say you are and that you turn up.

Personally, I never read them

over a year ago

Yer I just think it's a shame that you lose a write up about you that could appeal to other users that maybe wanna hear what others say about you

The verification system is not a performance review feature. It's there to show that you are who you say you are and that you turn up.

Personally, I never read them"

The verifications wernt realy performance related just pleasant and saying I'm a nice genuine guy 2 or the I've lost where just social meets I just think it's a shame they cant be seen that's all

By * Lexi xWoman
over a year ago

stockport

It happens if you block the person too.

over a year ago

"It happens if you block the person too. "

I know the 2 people that have left them have both left not blocked me and one of which I know why they left but I'm just gutted that I lost their veri

over a year ago

Ive had a few lovely ones of men ive met over the years and they have all left sadly so ive lost the varies. Its gutting as they were lovely. Its not fair they have to vanished just because these men leave the site x

over a year ago

"Ive had a few lovely ones of men ive met over the years and they have all left sadly so ive lost the varies. Its gutting as they were lovely. Its not fair they have to vanished just because these men leave the site x"

This is what I mean xx

If you want a new one will can meet after lock down lol

By * Lexi xWoman
over a year ago

stockport

"It happens if you block the person too.

I know the 2 people that have left them have both left not blocked me and one of which I know why they left but I'm just gutted that I lost their veri "

I’m not saying they have blocked you.

I’m saying that if you block someone and they have veried you the veri goes.

over a year ago

"It happens if you block the person too.

I know the 2 people that have left them have both left not blocked me and one of which I know why they left but I'm just gutted that I lost their veri

I’m not saying they have blocked you.

I’m saying that if you block someone and they have veried you the veri goes. "

Oh I see lol x

over a year ago

"Disappearing verifications are so annoying i have been on fan alittle while now and had a few meets some have verified me others havnt but I had 3 really good and nice verifications and since then two of the people have logged off fab and ni longer members so although it still says I have had meets the lovely write up these people left me have gone.

I dont get why the write up needs to go as they where nice to show and now it looks like I'm only showing 1 grrrr ok rant over.

Has anyone else experienced this"

Yes! I lost some veris and I agree it’s super annoying but the game is the game I guess

over a year ago

Just screen shot them in the future if you feel you want to keep memory of them

over a year ago

"

Can’t see the harm in that apart from if the users have left I guess you could have just invented them!"

This leaving veris from accounts that no longer exist would be very open to abuse. You would have people open fake accounts with fake veris (yes it happens alot) and then verify themselves and other multiple accounts so they can leave themselves a verification tree before deleting the accounts.

When the accounts are live you can look at who verified that person and soon figure out if its fake or not.

By *kblokenorthMan
over a year ago

Any

"

Can’t see the harm in that apart from if the users have left I guess you could have just invented them!

This leaving veris from accounts that no longer exist would be very open to abuse. You would have people open fake accounts with fake veris (yes it happens alot) and then verify themselves and other multiple accounts so they can leave themselves a verification tree before deleting the accounts.

When the accounts are live you can look at who verified that person and soon figure out if its fake or not."

Agreed!

Though as a single guy I can see both sides.

Someone above said ‘it’s not a performance review’ .....you’d be amazed at how many couples treat it as one and contact you on the basis of what previous meets say about you!!

over a year ago

One of mine has disappeared too. I still speak to the girl regular but she refuses to come back on just so I can get my veri back!

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"

When the accounts are live you can look at who verified that person and soon figure out if its fake or not.

Agreed!

Though as a single guy I can see both sides.

Someone above said ‘it’s not a performance review’ .....you’d be amazed at how many couples treat it as one and contact you on the basis of what previous meets say about you!!"

I doubt many make a decision based on veri content. It's good to have positive, generic feedback but anything too detailed about play often comes across as more cringeworthy than anything.

The purpose is to confirm you're real, turned up and weren't a twat.

It's a basic system for that one purpose. Not a star rating like uber/amazon/ebay.

Otherwise it would be endless variances of "4/5 - would shag again" or 1* - turned up smelling of old cheese and wiped his knob on the curtains.

A

By *ee04Man
over a year ago

Thurrock

I reckon I have only got verifications off 1 in 15 of the folks I’ve met. I always leave them what annoys me more though is when a person displays your veri but can’t bearded leaving you one.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

[Removed by poster at 15/04/20 16:33:40]

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I used to have a couple of phone veris, but then again I'm an old fart

over a year ago

"I reckon I have only got verifications off 1 in 15 of the folks I’ve met. I always leave them what annoys me more though is when a person displays your veri but can’t bearded leaving you one. "

Maybe you were shite in bed?

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"I think most people will have experienced this yes, I wonder if they could make it show as a verification from UNLOS, like they do with forum posts? "

Its been suggested before.

I think it's a good idea personally.

By *uicy jonesMan
over a year ago

near a big hill in s/ shropshire NOT in

"I think most people will have experienced this yes, I wonder if they could make it show as a verification from UNLOS, like they do with forum posts?

I think it's a good idea personally."

I have and what a great idea

over a year ago

I dont agree, I like the fact that it's not permanently set in stone.

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

Just about everyone I've met have left ( not sure what that says about me) anyhow I do agree why cant the verifications stay on our profiles with using name as "no longer a member."

Having said that I dont show them anyhow so makes no difference to me

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I think most people will have experienced this yes, I wonder if they could make it show as a verification from UNLOS, like they do with forum posts?

I think it's a good idea personally."

Would be a ball ache for the site though.

They'd have to have several versions of 'Unlos', such as 'single female unlos', 'couple unlos' and 'single male unlos' - otherwise straight guys would worry about showing an unlos veri saying "loved sucking his cock and felt great in my arse" in case people thought they might only be 'fab straight'. Although could work in favour for some.....

A

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

They'd have to have several versions of 'Unlos', such as 'single female unlos', 'couple unlos' and 'single male unlos' - otherwise straight guys would worry about showing an unlos veri saying "loved sucking his cock and felt great in my arse" in case people thought they might only be 'fab straight'. Although could work in favour for some.....

A"

Good point.

By *uicy jonesMan
over a year ago

near a big hill in s/ shropshire NOT in

A"

now your just over thinking it lol

By *rNaughtyNickMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

is annoying but guess if a user leave the site its part of their privacy too x

By *kblokenorthMan
over a year ago

Any

A"

Actually it’s probably not that complex, the site verifications already have gender etc, eg ‘couple’ ‘man’ ‘woman’.

It should be simple enough for them to add a symbol such as green dot for live membership, red dot for expired etc, just like they have recently done with the rainbow

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

Actually it’s probably not that complex, the site verifications already have gender etc, eg ‘couple’ ‘man’ ‘woman’.

It should be simple enough for them to add a symbol such as green dot for live membership, red dot for expired etc, just like they have recently done with the rainbow "

Yes.

But the purpose of a verification is to evidence that someone is who they say they are (male, female, couple, tv etc.). If you cant see who left it then how can you have any faith in what is written?

The system is already abused by those creating fake profiles to get verified.

It would be so much easier for them to do so if they could leave a veri from a bullshit profile and then delete said profile, hiding their actions.

The system doesn't need changing and losing a few words on a screen isn't the end of the world even if people think it is.

And I also suspect there's an element of GDPR in there too. If someone wants to delete their history on Fab then that will include veris too. I've always been surprised forum posts didn't go 'poof' in the same manner.

A

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"I think most people will have experienced this yes, I wonder if they could make it show as a verification from UNLOS, like they do with forum posts? "

This would be the best way, I agree. Will also show the veri came from someone else, rather than the cut and paste method which does appear homemade

Would also be amazing if the site could write this feature in, then all of a sudden, all the veris we ‘lost’ reappeared, but from ‘Unlos’

By *kblokenorthMan
over a year ago

Any

A

It should be simple enough for them to add a symbol such as green dot for live membership, red dot for expired etc, just like they have recently done with the rainbow

Yes.

But the purpose of a verification is to evidence that someone is who they say they are (male, female, couple, tv etc.). If you cant see who left it then how can you have any faith in what is written?

It would be so much easier for them to do so if they could leave a veri from a bullshit profile and then delete said profile, hiding their actions.

The system doesn't need changing and losing a few words on a screen isn't the end of the world even if people think it is.

And I also suspect there's an element of GDPR in there too. If someone wants to delete their history on Fab then that will include veris too. I've always been surprised forum posts didn't go 'poof' in the same manner.

A"

To get a veri in the first place, it has to be from someone already verified. The site can also therefore spot self- verifications, especially multiple ones.

Plus, why should the majority of ‘glass half full’ folks with a positive approach suffer due to a small minority who may abuse the system?

They can be ed out by admin for sure and would soon get reported anyway, but at the end of the day, with or without veri’s , you still have to make a judgement call on that person and would most likely expect a few current examples in addition to the UNLOS ones.....

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

The majority of people who have verified me have eventually left the site. I call it the Lacey curse .

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Yes. I've had some amazing veris that have vanished into the ether as the people who wrote them went UNLOS. I display only a couple of them, and have moved beyond the need to have them all on show to prove some kind of point. I do enjoy reading them in private as they bring back happy memories. Fortunately i've taken screeshots of the best anticipating this

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Ye I've had a few veris dissppear worse tho is when they come back re veri you without you asking cos they want another veri then go again then come back again. My actual veri numbers are higher than the people I've met because of this happening .With one guy it happened 4 times.

But ye losing nice veris is a pain.

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"Ye I've had a few veris dissppear worse tho is when they come back re veri you without you asking cos they want another veri then go again then come back again. My actual veri numbers are higher than the people I've met because of this happening .With one guy it happened 4 times.

But ye losing nice veris is a pain."

Screenshot them for posterity

By *carlett AllureWoman
over a year ago

Cardiff

My favourite ones have vanished as people come and go, really do think it would be lovely if they could stay just without the linked profile

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

Yes.

A

To get a veri in the first place, it has to be from someone already verified. The site can also therefore spot self- verifications, especially multiple ones.

Plus, why should the majority of ‘glass half full’ folks with a positive approach suffer due to a small minority who may abuse the system?

They can be ed out by admin for sure and would soon get reported anyway, but at the end of the day, with or without veri’s , you still have to make a judgement call on that person and would most likely expect a few current examples in addition to the UNLOS ones....."

Does anyone really 'suffer' when losing a veri though?

I guess we're not as hung up on them as many. Some seem to crave them. Some get frustrated if not left one. Some assume that without published, visible words on a profile that it will prevent them ever meeting. It won't.

With all the angst they often cause maybe it would be a benefit if they were turned off or all anonymous? There'd be no veri stalking. No bitching about who's met who and why they won't meet you. No worries about what a veri should contain, how graphic they should be and what potentially puts people off. No adverse effects on your chances of meeting someone because someone you previously met once met someone who many months ago had a two minute chat with another user in a club who four years previously had safe sex with someone who's subsequently had a social meet with a bi male who once met a couple who went to a club with (but didn't play with) someone who once went bare back with a tv admirer?

Ok. Maybe over the top (I'm bored!). But trust me. Veris can cause as many problems being visible as they do by disappearing.

Losing them isn't the end of the world.

A

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"Ye I've had a few veris dissppear worse tho is when they come back re veri you without you asking cos they want another veri then go again then come back again. My actual veri numbers are higher than the people I've met because of this happening .With one guy it happened 4 times.

Screenshot them for posterity "

good plan

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

A

Yes.

A

They can be ed out by admin for sure and would soon get reported anyway, but at the end of the day, with or without veri’s , you still have to make a judgement call on that person and would most likely expect a few current examples in addition to the UNLOS ones.....

Does anyone really 'suffer' when losing a veri though?

I guess we're not as hung up on them as many. Some seem to crave them. Some get frustrated if not left one. Some assume that without published, visible words on a profile that it will prevent them ever meeting. It won't.

With all the angst they often cause maybe it would be a benefit if they were turned off or all anonymous? There'd be no veri stalking. No bitching about who's met who and why they won't meet you. No worries about what a veri should contain, how graphic they should be and what potentially puts people off. No adverse effects on your chances of meeting someone because someone you previously met once met someone who many months ago had a two minute chat with another user in a club who four years previously had safe sex with someone who's subsequently had a social meet with a bi male who once met a couple who went to a club with (but didn't play with) someone who once went bare back with a tv admirer?

Ok. Maybe over the top (I'm bored!). But trust me. Veris can cause as many problems being visible as they do by disappearing.

Losing them isn't the end of the world.

A"

Honestly half of that I welcome as a good filter. If someone gets their knickers in a twist over who I've met then I can't be arsed. I'd rather a verification put them off from the get go than have issues further down the line.

By *kblokenorthMan
over a year ago

Any

"If someone gets their knickers in a twist over who I've met then I can't be arsed. I'd rather a verification put them off from the get go than have issues further down the line. "

^^^ This ^^^

By *astyfella999Man
over a year ago

newcastle

Iv never had Any meets and iv been on here yrs ?

By *ee04Man
over a year ago

Thurrock

"I reckon I have only got verifications off 1 in 15 of the folks I’ve met. I always leave them what annoys me more though is when a person displays your veri but can’t bearded leaving you one.

Maybe you were shite in bed? "

Maybe they could have left a ceros though and nothing wrong with constructive criticism

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

But ye losing nice veris is a pain."

This .

over a year ago

This . "

Did you get my veri?

over a year ago

"

1* - turned up smelling of old cheese and wiped his knob on the curtains.

"

You promised you wouldn't tell anyone about me doing that...

over a year ago

Yeah. Every time I throw my toys out of my pram and leave I lose my lovely veris

over a year ago

"Yeah. Every time I throw my toys out of my pram and leave I lose my lovely veris "
I'd verify you nora but I'm still you to feel your cock snapping ridding powers xxxx

over a year ago

"Yeah. Every time I throw my toys out of my pram and leave I lose my lovely veris "

Nora, I will definitely leave you a veri after I explore you!

over a year ago

"Yeah. Every time I throw my toys out of my pram and leave I lose my lovely veris I'd verify you nora but I'm still you to feel your cock snapping ridding powers xxxx"

Hahaha

over a year ago

"Yeah. Every time I throw my toys out of my pram and leave I lose my lovely veris

Nora, I will definitely leave you a veri after I explore you! "

You again! You’re scaring me now!

over a year ago

"Yeah. Every time I throw my toys out of my pram and leave I lose my lovely veris I'd verify you nora but I'm still you to feel your cock snapping ridding powers xxxx

Hahaha "

I've not forgot that xxx

over a year ago

"Yeah. Every time I throw my toys out of my pram and leave I lose my lovely veris

Nora, I will definitely leave you a veri after I explore you!

You again! You’re scaring me now!

"

You got to stop thinking about me all the time. I feel the vibe, from you!

Post new Message to Thread