Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Random acts of kindness

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Have you experienced any in the last few weeks?

Have you extended kindness to others?

Please share whilst I am off to get some tissues!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I have been a listening post on here to some people I have never spoken to before that just needed to vent so they can step back, breathe and move forward

Physically I stick to my vulnerable people shopping, as I get sad because I can't hug people to comfort them

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

My hairdresser posted on social media asking for help. She lives in a block of flats with her son, a young boy. Unhappy about lack of outdoors time. So I've invited them to come make use of my garden and let him play to his heart content. He's ever so excited about the tyre swing bless him. We (adults) are going to have a glass of wine too. Her on the decking and me iside the patio doors. We are all really looking forward to it.

over a year ago

"I have been a listening post on here to some people I have never spoken to before that just needed to vent so they can step back, breathe and move forward

Physically I stick to my vulnerable people shopping, as I get sad because I can't hug people to comfort them "

I hope goodness of your heart comes back to you in many positive ways. I still am fond of memory of you at that group social. You were a great and supportive listener. Xx

over a year ago

"My hairdresser posted on social media asking for help. She lives in a block of flats with her son, a young boy. Unhappy about lack of outdoors time. So I've invited them to come make use of my garden and let him play to his heart content. He's ever so excited about the tyre swing bless him. We (adults) are going to have a glass of wine too. Her on the decking and me iside the patio doors. We are all really looking forward to it. "

When there is a will there is a way isnt it..

I have been on a receiving end too. My whole family actually.. after some incredibly awful time over last few months and with a family bday celebration happening last week.. we have been spoilt with cards and little homemade gifts on our doorstep. There are some good people out there.. and I am very touched. Now thinking of paying it forward.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm not going into specifics but I've tried to do my bit, and others have helped me do so.

over a year ago

"I'm not going into specifics but I've tried to do my bit, and others have helped me do so."

It all goes around.. no need for details. Glad you have been on both receiving and giving ends.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Just general stuff, getting stuff from the shop for one of my neighbours that doesn’t drive. Taking a cooked dinner to my grandfather which I do anyway but now I’ve had to leave it ok the door step and wave to him from the car!

over a year ago

"Just general stuff, getting stuff from the shop for one of my neighbours that doesn’t drive. Taking a cooked dinner to my grandfather which I do anyway but now I’ve had to leave it ok the door step and wave to him from the car!"

Every little gesture counts hope your grandfather is ok.

over a year ago

A random act of kindness should be a selfless one too

No grandstanding

No need to video it

Broadcast it

over a year ago

There was a really nice women giving water out to people in the queue at my local Lidl when there was no shade.

Inspired me to do something far less useful but I left a box of free fancy little trolley tokens out for everyone that I usually give to business customers......

Have also been having a daily chat with an elderly man I see on his balcony every time I go for my daily walk

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

"Have you experienced any in the last few weeks?

"

You mean like when you're at Tesco using the self service checkout and it says please take your change and you say thank you even though you know it can't hear you cos it's a robot but you say thank you anyway because it's a nice thing to do?

over a year ago

You mean like when you're at Tesco using the self service checkout and it says please take your change and you say thank you even though you know it can't hear you cos it's a robot but you say thank you anyway because it's a nice thing to do?"

Yeah I do that.

Or apologise to a mannequin when you bump into them

I also say please and thank you to my Alexa

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

You mean like when you're at Tesco using the self service checkout and it says please take your change and you say thank you even though you know it can't hear you cos it's a robot but you say thank you anyway because it's a nice thing to do?

Yeah I do that.

I also say please and thank you to my Alexa"

What a polite young lady

over a year ago

Try to help whenever I can.

Yes did shopping for two of my work colleagues who are on 12 week isolation.

Washed my neighbour's (92 year old lady) car and mowed her lawn when I did mine.

over a year ago

Yeah I do that.

What a polite young lady"

Just a lonely idiot tbh

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

Yeah I do that.

What a polite young lady

Just a lonely idiot tbh "

You could talk to your cat? They make great listeners.

over a year ago

We had some plant left on the door step the other day from the people who run the local garden centre he did the whole of the village xx

over a year ago

Yeah I do that.

What a polite young lady

Just a lonely idiot tbh

You could talk to your cat? They make great listeners."

We’re in a fight.

Alexa is great company though

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

Yeah I do that.

What a polite young lady

Just a lonely idiot tbh

You could talk to your cat? They make great listeners.

We’re in a fight.

Alexa is great company though "

Who started it?

over a year ago

"A random act of kindness should be a selfless one too

No grandstanding

No need to video it

Broadcast it

"

Unless its inspiring others to do the same or similar

over a year ago

"

Have also been having a daily chat with an elderly man I see on his balcony every time I go for my daily walk"

Loneliness is harder than ever now. I'm sure he needed that.

over a year ago

Human interaction is always a positive thing. So I start conversations wherever I go. Always have done, I'm wonderfully weird like that .

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Yeah, I batch cook then freeze most of it, but I gave one of ma neighbours a portion of shepherd's pie and beef stew the other day for him and his wife

By *mberWoman
over a year ago

Preston

I've sent a few surprise gifts to people to cheer them up.

I made cakes for people on Sunday

I'm shopping for a few vulnerable people.

I've been out litter picking a couple of times in my local lanes.

And I hid Easter eggs in the gardens on my lane and left floury footprints on the path.

I like making people smile

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I’m shopping and collecting prescriptions for my 82 year old neighbour.

I’ve seen no act of kindness towards me from anyone though.....and I have a medical condition. I’ve got very selfish family and equally selfish neighbours.

over a year ago

"I’m shopping and collecting prescriptions for my 82 year old neighbour.

I’ve seen no act of kindness towards me from anyone though.....and I have a medical condition. I’ve got very selfish family and equally selfish neighbours. "

Perhaps they think you're doing okay since you're helping others

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

It wasn't done as an act of kindness, just happened naturally, child and I got talking to an older lady in the park (at a distance on our daily exercise before the social distancing police jump in), just general chit chat,

and afterwards she said we had made her day .

Really brought home how lonely some people must feel, more so now but generally also.

over a year ago

"Human interaction is always a positive thing. So I start conversations wherever I go. Always have done, I'm wonderfully weird like that . "

That is not 'weird'. I do like chatting up people randomly too

over a year ago

"Yeah, I batch cook then freeze most of it, but I gave one of ma neighbours a portion of shepherd's pie and beef stew the other day for him and his wife "

Hope they enjoyed it there is some great pleasure in feeding people isnt it..

over a year ago

"I've sent a few surprise gifts to people to cheer them up.

And I hid Easter eggs in the gardens on my lane and left floury footprints on the path.

I like making people smile "

I'm thinking of those kids who found these eggs. Wish you could see their smiles. Best thing ever. Making little ones happy.

We like litter picking too. In fact my kids kept asking when are we going to do it again as our last visit to woods resulted in some awful messy finds..

over a year ago

I’ve seen no act of kindness towards me from anyone though.....and I have a medical condition. I’ve got very selfish family and equally selfish neighbours. "

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope this kindness returns to you at some point.. even if you cant see immediate results now. It sounds disheartening

over a year ago

use to do a lot of kind things.

they found people took advantage and kindness is jumped upon as a weakness

over a year ago

"It wasn't done as an act of kindness, just happened naturally, child and I got talking to an older lady in the park (at a distance on our daily exercise before the social distancing police jump in), just general chit chat,

and afterwards she said we had made her day .

Really brought home how lonely some people must feel, more so now but generally also.

"

we never do know what might make others day.. and it didn't cost a thing.. smile and kind words..

What a great example for the child too. They learn by watching us so much x

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I’ve seen no act of kindness towards me from anyone though.....and I have a medical condition. I’ve got very selfish family and equally selfish neighbours.

Perhaps they think you're doing okay since you're helping others "

Yes that exactly.

over a year ago

"use to do a lot of kind things.

they found people took advantage and kindness is jumped upon as a weakness"

I'm sorry you got let down. But maybe it's just about drawing some boundaries. Or not expecting people will show gratitude and just doing it because it's right thing to do? Easy to say I guess..

I hope you find in time that true strength comes from not allowing few disappointing people affect your desire to help

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

I'm thinking of those kids who found these eggs. Wish you could see their smiles. Best thing ever. Making little ones happy.

We like litter picking too. In fact my kids kept asking when are we going to do it again as our last visit to woods resulted in some awful messy finds.. "

I make the kids smile (and adults too apparently) by taking my exercise/walk to the local shops dressed in cartoon character costumes.

over a year ago

"

I make the kids smile (and adults too apparently) by taking my exercise/walk to the local shops dressed in cartoon character costumes. "

Tell us more!

over a year ago

Well unfortunately I was very very unwell with suspected virus and even ended up in hospital. Unfortunately I live alone with my daughter and had not prepared at all shopping wise. A Neighbor I have only smiled at in passing, saw me hanging out the window a few days after I returned from hospital, as I was watching little one play but not well enough to go outside. She said she had noticed an ambulance had been for me and we got talking. She kindly went and got some basic stuff for me as she works in a shop. So lovely. As soon as I was able I popped a card through her letterbox and have now become an NHS volunteer responder to help all I can.

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"Well unfortunately I was very very unwell with suspected virus and even ended up in hospital. Unfortunately I live alone with my daughter and had not prepared at all shopping wise. A Neighbor I have only smiled at in passing, saw me hanging out the window a few days after I returned from hospital, as I was watching little one play but not well enough to go outside. She said she had noticed an ambulance had been for me and we got talking. She kindly went and got some basic stuff for me as she works in a shop. So lovely. As soon as I was able I popped a card through her letterbox and have now become an NHS volunteer responder to help all I can. "

That's fantastic. Xx

By *rank speakerMan
over a year ago

Worcester

A friend of mine was telling me a whole lot of people gathered(at a safe distance) outside an old lady's house and sang happy birthday. It was her 90th. It was instigated by her neighbour's children who leafleted the street as she couldn't receive visitors

By *urls and DressesWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere near here

I’ve been shopping for some people in my village, checking in on some on my Boris walk.

Someone in the village kindly left some gardening stuff for us and someone else left an Easter egg for me when I dropped off their shopping. My village is filled with kindness at the moment

over a year ago

My neighbours kids six doors down , have made lots of posters for the windows of there house , saying stay safe etc , every time I walk past they make me smile , they also write positive messages on the pavement with chalk , I got some Easter eggs and left them on there door step , saying thank you , your positive messages and posters have made me smile every day ,

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I can imagine they'll be a few street parties after this.

over a year ago

Perhaps they think you're doing okay since you're helping others

Yes that exactly. "

What would you like people to be doing for you?

By *mberWoman
over a year ago

Preston

We like litter picking too. In fact my kids kept asking when are we going to do it again as our last visit to woods resulted in some awful messy finds.. "

I got lots of thank you messages from neighbours (adults too )

Yes, litter picking is disgusting there are lots of dogging areas near me which result in interesting discoveries. Today's highlight was a body stocking and a 45 year old Pepsi can!

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

We like litter picking too. In fact my kids kept asking when are we going to do it again as our last visit to woods resulted in some awful messy finds..

Yes, litter picking is disgusting there are lots of dogging areas near me which result in interesting discoveries. Today's highlight was a body stocking and a 45 year old Pepsi can!"

How much do you want for the Pepsi Can?

By *arciocialWoman
over a year ago

Leicester

I have several friends with birthdays this month (many of them alone/with kids) and have sent them gifts via amazon. I've sent them as a gift and have no intention of them knowing I sent it, just a little something to brighten their day when they'd usually be doing something.

over a year ago

I tried to do do something kind about a month ago, for whatever reason they are no longer speaking to me, no fucking idea why.

Miserable fuckers

By *mberWoman
over a year ago

Preston

Yes, litter picking is disgusting there are lots of dogging areas near me which result in interesting discoveries. Today's highlight was a body stocking and a 45 year old Pepsi can!

How much do you want for the Pepsi Can?"

It's in a bin liner waiting to be picked up by the council! Along with a scuzzy body stocking!

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

It's in a bin liner waiting to be picked up by the council! Along with a scuzzy body stocking! "

I'll give you double whatever they're paying

By *mberWoman
over a year ago

Preston

"

Today's highlight was a body stocking and a 45 year old Pepsi can!

It's in a bin liner waiting to be picked up by the council! Along with a scuzzy body stocking!

I'll give you double whatever they're paying"

Please don't tell me I should have kept it and taken it to the Antiques Roadshow!

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

"

Please don't tell me I should have kept it and taken it to the Antiques Roadshow!"

I won't lie, It's a good vintage. Fiona Bruce would be impressed.

By *mberWoman
over a year ago

Preston

"

Please don't tell me I should have kept it and taken it to the Antiques Roadshow!

I won't lie, It's a good vintage. Fiona Bruce would be impressed."

It had been in a bush for 45 years. It was a bit rusty!

Post new Message to Thread