Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Numb today

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

My past came and bit me in the ass last night leaving me coiled up in a fkd up mind numbing state...think confused head will negate my working in the tree canopy today..bugger..so dance it is then..once I can unlock my numbness n motivate my tight ass. So those of you with issues how do you break out of the ass biting numbness when it hits?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *nvisible_beardMan
over a year ago

near newbridge, wales

Sending to you not that it helps

I look for the smaller achievements in day to day life

Find those that make you smile in life and will support you or have a laugh with

Laughing is a good way of changing mood but a smile is a good start as long as it's not a fake one hiding pain

By *irewolffMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Been there multiple times.

Have a woe is me day. Then go to bed, reailse your health is your wealth & put one foot in front of the other.

It passes...that heavy wtf feeling. It gets lighter.

Hope you are ok.

MsD

By *llaboutthewifeCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

Change what you are doing when that spiral starts, bake a cake, go for a run, play music, snap the mind in another direction, hope you feel better soon.

Current situation only adds to it

Jo xx

over a year ago

"Sending to you not that it helps

Find those that make you smile in life and will support you or have a laugh with

Laughing is a good way of changing mood but a smile is a good start as long as it's not a fake one hiding pain

"

I like that and thank you for your best wishes..being solitary most of my time that is a difficult one for me..not lockdown solitary. I see my gf one day a week and in the evenings the rest of the time I see no one at all..rarely if ever do I see her in the mornings. I guess for every 24 hrs period I see one person for around 7 hours a day, if that..so I have one foot in my solitary world and one foot in my relationship...but thenI have the love for nature that surrounds my solitary hours which is as much my passion as my gf is my home.

By *nvisible_beardMan
over a year ago

near newbridge, wales

I like that and thank you for your best wishes..being solitary most of my time that is a difficult one for me..not lockdown solitary. I see my gf one day a week and in the evenings the rest of the time I see no one at all..rarely if ever do I see her in the mornings. I guess for every 24 hrs period I see one person for around 7 hours a day, if that..so I have one foot in my solitary world and one foot in my relationship...but thenI have the love for nature that surrounds my solitary hours which is as much my passion as my gf is my home. "

Then your gf/routine is your grounding for you.

Do you find if you break your routine your mood changes to the worst?

That's what happens for me. Especially when I lost my job. So you fall into a giant hole and have to climb your way out.

I have lots of solidarity myself sometimes I prefer it sometimes I want to sit in a room with company but not really talk or I mean talk about depressive things like the pandemic etc but it's always what happens and causes arguments which doesnt help either.

Nature is a very good distraction

over a year ago

This goes beyond woe is me am sorry to say..complicated trauma from abusive childhood so I wake up screaming after sleep paralysis which then turns into a mindsetc that is on partial shut down as it locks away the flashbacks eto and daytime is not a real problem..it's bloody early hours it grabs me and rips me apart..can't function much for a few hours after as head needs time to process it..too dizzy and the like..I can see gf loving me baking a cake at 3 am. .lolol.I was just asking how others deal with it as opposed to woe on my part as I ve been dealing with this shit all my life but it's left me with a mind for psychology and understanding and curiousity of how others deal and feel. You would not believe the research I ve read

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

"My past came and bit me in the ass last night leaving me coiled up in a fkd up mind numbing state...think confused head will negate my working in the tree canopy today..bugger..so dance it is then..once I can unlock my numbness n motivate my tight ass. So those of you with issues how do you break out of the ass biting numbness when it hits? "

First off, sending you virtual hugs.

When my head goes into thst state my only real options are long long walks with music blasting through my headphones, preferably to the coast and watch waves.

Or gym workout sometimes helps. Sadly neither of those are an option in current situation so really not sure how I will handle if my anxiety does sink its teeth in hard.

over a year ago

I like that and thank you for your best wishes..being solitary most of my time that is a difficult one for me..not lockdown solitary. I see my gf one day a week and in the evenings the rest of the time I see no one at all..rarely if ever do I see her in the mornings. I guess for every 24 hrs period I see one person for around 7 hours a day, if that..so I have one foot in my solitary world and one foot in my relationship...but thenI have the love for nature that surrounds my solitary hours which is as much my passion as my gf is my home.

That's what happens for me. Especially when I lost my job. So you fall into a giant hole and have to climb your way out.

I have lots of solidarity myself sometimes I prefer it sometimes I want to sit in a room with company but not really talk or I mean talk about depressive things like the pandemic etc but it's always what happens and causes arguments which doesnt help either.

Nature is a very good distraction "

I never thought routine was my way and it's not as such but I ve noticed certain things that are routine and many have passed from living homeless into living in a house..soon as I wake for instance..could be 6 am or 2 am. .I ll drive down, buy my mocha from all nighters and park up where I used to sleep before my gf and just sit, freezing my nuts off til work. Only now can I be in the house when gf is not there or is asleep. She is my grounding force..a house means nothing as my heart is wrapped around nature, part of it like few others..she saved my ass as I lived with only nature and no one or nothing else for 2 years. My gf and I have this thing that we try to sleep with feet or something touching so that if my night goes wrong I can find my way back ..I know that sounds crazy but I need that anchor to draw me out of it.

over a year ago

"My past came and bit me in the ass last night leaving me coiled up in a fkd up mind numbing state...think confused head will negate my working in the tree canopy today..bugger..so dance it is then..once I can unlock my numbness n motivate my tight ass. So those of you with issues how do you break out of the ass biting numbness when it hits?

When my head goes into thst state my only real options are long long walks with music blasting through my headphones, preferably to the coast and watch waves.

Or gym workout sometimes helps. Sadly neither of those are an option in current situation so really not sure how I will handle if my anxiety does sink its teeth in hard.

"

Hey am rooting for you during this time. I used to drive from Cornwall to Scotland. .or anywhere and back just playing my music loud..it's funny how the brain works..it has a scaletrix mode as I call it whereby the minute I drive and hit the tarmac my mind is fully focused on driving and the open road..it is an immediate take over of my mind..the ignition fires the engine which fires the stereo which fires the mind which fires the smiles and away I d go. I took up ultra mountain running during my harshest of times because physical pain over rides mental

over a year ago

"My past came and bit me in the ass last night leaving me coiled up in a fkd up mind numbing state...think confused head will negate my working in the tree canopy today..bugger..so dance it is then..once I can unlock my numbness n motivate my tight ass. So those of you with issues how do you break out of the ass biting numbness when it hits?

"

BIG HUGS X

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

Hey am rooting for you during this time. I used to drive from Cornwall to Scotland. .or anywhere and back just playing my music loud..it's funny how the brain works..it has a scaletrix mode as I call it whereby the minute I drive and hit the tarmac my mind is fully focused on driving and the open road..it is an immediate take over of my mind..the ignition fires the engine which fires the stereo which fires the mind which fires the smiles and away I d go. I took up ultra mountain running during my harshest of times because physical pain over rides mental "

I like the description of scalectrix mode. Pretty much describes it except for the car part.

Physically I've switched my attention to the garden. Nothing like the same sort of work out but at least it's in the open air.

On a plus side my sleep pattern seems to be doing well. Better than it's been in a long time actually, which o believe is because I've ditched the meds. Do you find things easier when you've slept properly too?

By *nvisible_beardMan
over a year ago

near newbridge, wales

Nature is a very good distraction

I never thought routine was my way and it's not as such but I ve noticed certain things that are routine and many have passed from living homeless into living in a house..soon as I wake for instance..could be 6 am or 2 am. .I ll drive down, buy my mocha from all nighters and park up where I used to sleep before my gf and just sit, freezing my nuts off til work. Only now can I be in the house when gf is not there or is asleep. She is my grounding force..a house means nothing as my heart is wrapped around nature, part of it like few others..she saved my ass as I lived with only nature and no one or nothing else for 2 years. My gf and I have this thing that we try to sleep with feet or something touching so that if my night goes wrong I can find my way back ..I know that sounds crazy but I need that anchor to draw me out of it. "

I'm missing my old routine as it did me well for 9+ months but now that's gone I'm relying on food to fill that gap but doesnt work and just provokes the negative.

Routine or things we go back to by default we forget about as we naturally do them so they are easily overlooked.

I fully understand the feet touching etc as that physically and psychologically works on a subconscious level which can act as a balance and a reassurance even if it's not needed it is there.

over a year ago

Hey am rooting for you during this time. I used to drive from Cornwall to Scotland. .or anywhere and back just playing my music loud..it's funny how the brain works..it has a scaletrix mode as I call it whereby the minute I drive and hit the tarmac my mind is fully focused on driving and the open road..it is an immediate take over of my mind..the ignition fires the engine which fires the stereo which fires the mind which fires the smiles and away I d go. I took up ultra mountain running during my harshest of times because physical pain over rides mental

I like the description of scalectrix mode. Pretty much describes it except for the car part.

Physically I've switched my attention to the garden. Nothing like the same sort of work out but at least it's in the open air.

On a plus side my sleep pattern seems to be doing well. Better than it's been in a long time actually, which o believe is because I've ditched the meds. Do you find things easier when you've slept properly too?"

I ve been fighting this for years without meds by researching.3 monitoring and assessing myself..understanding as best I can who the Base root of myself actually is because one of the hardest and tiring these are my changes from one person to another..they re not daily, sometimes not weekly but when they come they can be quite extreme..so I could go to bed enjoying a touch of nylon or lace upon my body and wake up completely opposite. I'm like a bloody chameleon at times..mind your that's an upside in a sense because I am able to adapt to situations very very quickly..but my victory is staying off meds and therapy..I found the little therapy I had was like having someone nosey into my darkness opening it up then the hours up and I had to go and hope I got through the next few days or weeks to next appointment dealing with what they d opened. So we'll done you. .alas me and sleep are not amicable bed partners.I found when I lived in the woods I was good because I was busy all day, no time for my mind to wander..it had shelter to improve or build, firewood to collect, laundry and cooking and food to be foraged..my life went back to default mode of what the human was designed for. I find society harder than the wilderness.

over a year ago

So invisible beard..how do you mean you ve turned to food? Eating it, preparing it? For me foods an odd one..doesn't interest me my food is words..I have to read, have to write..without books eugh..but food? Well tbh so long as I know I'm in taking enough to stay healthy then I don't care what it is or how it tastes..I d eat bloody hardboard if it gave me what I needed to be healthy. Living homeless solitary I would eat every other day or when I felt hungry and the body felt good although it also created it's own issues. Can remember I d lived a year like that then one day decided to enjoy an offer of a roast..yeah go for it I thought. In 10 minutes my stomach was in meltdown..really struggling..but my very good friend who suffers B12 said I needed to eat as I was showing signs of it...took me nearay 2 hours to get through it and it was not what I would consider enjoyable. My stomach had shrunk massively...on the upside my tongue sorted itself out as I ate some form of iron at least once a week..prior to that my tongue felt sore as did my upper palate..almost like it was cut in many places. How are you getting on with current situation? Are you alone or with someone? If alone do you struggle with the potential silence?

By *nvisible_beardMan
over a year ago

near newbridge, wales

"So invisible beard..how do you mean you ve turned to food? Eating it, preparing it? For me foods an odd one..doesn't interest me my food is words..I have to read, have to write..without books eugh..but food? Well tbh so long as I know I'm in taking enough to stay healthy then I don't care what it is or how it tastes..I d eat bloody hardboard if it gave me what I needed to be healthy. Living homeless solitary I would eat every other day or when I felt hungry and the body felt good although it also created it's own issues. Can remember I d lived a year like that then one day decided to enjoy an offer of a roast..yeah go for it I thought. In 10 minutes my stomach was in meltdown..really struggling..but my very good friend who suffers B12 said I needed to eat as I was showing signs of it...took me nearay 2 hours to get through it and it was not what I would consider enjoyable. My stomach had shrunk massively...on the upside my tongue sorted itself out as I ate some form of iron at least once a week..prior to that my tongue felt sore as did my upper palate..almost like it was cut in many places. How are you getting on with current situation? Are you alone or with someone? If alone do you struggle with the potential silence? "

Sorry I meant comfort eating it's a huge tell when I'm not in a good place and that's up alot lately. When you're doing a physical job and eating you're ok you burn it off.

When you eat the same and no job and no motivation to exercise then all I'm doing is putting on weight. Current circumstances aside I would be like this anyway without a job or routine as it's a way of self sabotage but you don't feel like you're really hurting yourself but physically and mentally you are but without a set forced routine I cant get out of I'll always revert back to this unfortunately.

I hate silence now and always need background noise since getting tinnitus. I used to be fine in silence but my ex changed all that and now I'm not as comfortable with it and have to have TV or music.

I'm not on my own so to speak but it's not someone to be around 24/7 as we disagree on things.

Our past dictates how we deal with our future but we can change our now to create a new past to reflect on and use.

Everything takes time and work.

You have to focus on yourself and not everyone else.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I get you. I've had my numb/ paralysis. All this shit threw me back to my childhood trauma.

I think you need to work out what you need once you've identified the problem. For me it'll be wallowing/rest, distraction, or recovery. Ultimately steps towards recovery are where you need to be, but only when you're ready to chip away at that. Wallowing and distraction come before you have the energy to tackle it.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

On a plus side my sleep pattern seems to be doing well. Better than it's been in a long time actually, which o believe is because I've ditched the meds. Do you find things easier when you've slept properly too?

I ve been fighting this for years without meds by researching.3 monitoring and assessing myself..understanding as best I can who the Base root of myself actually is because one of the hardest and tiring these are my changes from one person to another..they re not daily, sometimes not weekly but when they come they can be quite extreme..so I could go to bed enjoying a touch of nylon or lace upon my body and wake up completely opposite. I'm like a bloody chameleon at times..mind your that's an upside in a sense because I am able to adapt to situations very very quickly..but my victory is staying off meds and therapy..I found the little therapy I had was like having someone nosey into my darkness opening it up then the hours up and I had to go and hope I got through the next few days or weeks to next appointment dealing with what they d opened. So we'll done you. .alas me and sleep are not amicable bed partners.I found when I lived in the woods I was good because I was busy all day, no time for my mind to wander..it had shelter to improve or build, firewood to collect, laundry and cooking and food to be foraged..my life went back to default mode of what the human was designed for. I find society harder than the wilderness. "

My totally non medical instinct is

Stay away from the meds stay away from alcohol be careful with high concentration refined carbohydrates

You seem pretty grounded with an understanding of yourself

Stick with the trees and the wilderness

Breath walk and climb your trees

Ground yourself , smell the forest scents , listen to those birds stand directly in the sun feel it find some running water

Oh do a headstand

Time for you should allow it to fall back into place

over a year ago

I ve been fighting this for years without meds by researching.3 monitoring and assessing myself..understanding as best I can who the Base root of myself actually is because one of the hardest and tiring these are my changes from one person to another..they re not daily, sometimes not weekly but when they come they can be quite extreme..so I could go to bed enjoying a touch of nylon or lace upon my body and wake up completely opposite. I'm like a bloody chameleon at times..mind your that's an upside in a sense because I am able to adapt to situations very very quickly..but my victory is staying off meds and therapy..I found the little therapy I had was like having someone nosey into my darkness opening it up then the hours up and I had to go and hope I got through the next few days or weeks to next appointment dealing with what they d opened. So we'll done you. .alas me and sleep are not amicable bed partners.I found when I lived in the woods I was good because I was busy all day, no time for my mind to wander..it had shelter to improve or build, firewood to collect, laundry and cooking and food to be foraged..my life went back to default mode of what the human was designed for. I find society harder than the wilderness.

My totally non medical instinct is

Stay away from the meds stay away from alcohol be careful with high concentration refined carbohydrates

You seem pretty grounded with an understanding of yourself

Stick with the trees and the wilderness

Breath walk and climb your trees

Ground yourself , smell the forest scents , listen to those birds stand directly in the sun feel it find some running water

Oh do a headstand

Time for you should allow it to fall back into place

"

Never do meds..not even a headache tablet..don't trust meds..yeah I have researched myself extensively..I ve always lived the natural way and the natural places, the wilder the better..it's my true home..I know it instinctively..am working the woods in a couple of days so will dangle upside down..today will do some barre pilates..the dizziness passes after a couple of waking from it..it's a patience game..

over a year ago

"I get you. I've had my numb/ paralysis. All this shit threw me back to my childhood trauma.

I think you need to work out what you need once you've identified the problem. For me it'll be wallowing/rest, distraction, or recovery. Ultimately steps towards recovery are where you need to be, but only when you're ready to chip away at that. Wallowing and distraction come before you have the energy to tackle it."

So can I ask..do you get real dizzy and confused..I mean I can barely move after for an hour cos I ll fall over, my balance goes. Equally in that time period I know where I am but am often confused by it all..like I know but don't know it at same time. ? Only lasts about an hour, then, like you I just need to sit listening to nature then I ll start to climb out and the change will be dramatic after about 3 hours. Wish you all the best with your issues..big hugs..am almost out the other side now and am filling with dynamic energy..always the same..one extreme to the other..sheesh it's a reet pain eh x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/04/20 11:57:49]

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sorry to hear that mate.

I am a solution finder. So suggest watching Amy Cuddy videos on YouTube. Especially one called ' Your body language may shape who you are'.

Essentially Amy's research shows that you can trick your mind with your body. Try it. Good luck

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I get you. I've had my numb/ paralysis. All this shit threw me back to my childhood trauma.

I think you need to work out what you need once you've identified the problem. For me it'll be wallowing/rest, distraction, or recovery. Ultimately steps towards recovery are where you need to be, but only when you're ready to chip away at that. Wallowing and distraction come before you have the energy to tackle it.

So can I ask..do you get real dizzy and confused..I mean I can barely move after for an hour cos I ll fall over, my balance goes. Equally in that time period I know where I am but am often confused by it all..like I know but don't know it at same time. ? Only lasts about an hour, then, like you I just need to sit listening to nature then I ll start to climb out and the change will be dramatic after about 3 hours. Wish you all the best with your issues..big hugs..am almost out the other side now and am filling with dynamic energy..always the same..one extreme to the other..sheesh it's a reet pain eh x"

No, I don't get dizzy, but I do get exhausted. I haven't been confused for a long time. Do you dissociate? My non medical opinion is that's what that sounds like if it's psychosomatic.

Sounds like you need to find grounding techniques. Different things work for different people, but in an episode, try to connect with your physical senses and the outside world. Things you can hear, taste, hear, see, smell. Observe them, really pay attention to them. To break dissociation you need to reconnect to reality.

over a year ago

"So invisible beard..how do you mean you ve turned to food? Eating it, preparing it? For me foods an odd one..doesn't interest me my food is words..I have to read, have to write..without books eugh..but food? Well tbh so long as I know I'm in taking enough to stay healthy then I don't care what it is or how it tastes..I d eat bloody hardboard if it gave me what I needed to be healthy. Living homeless solitary I would eat every other day or when I felt hungry and the body felt good although it also created it's own issues. Can remember I d lived a year like that then one day decided to enjoy an offer of a roast..yeah go for it I thought. In 10 minutes my stomach was in meltdown..really struggling..but my very good friend who suffers B12 said I needed to eat as I was showing signs of it...took me nearay 2 hours to get through it and it was not what I would consider enjoyable. My stomach had shrunk massively...on the upside my tongue sorted itself out as I ate some form of iron at least once a week..prior to that my tongue felt sore as did my upper palate..almost like it was cut in many places. How are you getting on with current situation? Are you alone or with someone? If alone do you struggle with the potential silence?

Sorry I meant comfort eating it's a huge tell when I'm not in a good place and that's up alot lately. When you're doing a physical job and eating you're ok you burn it off.

When you eat the same and no job and no motivation to exercise then all I'm doing is putting on weight. Current circumstances aside I would be like this anyway without a job or routine as it's a way of self sabotage but you don't feel like you're really hurting yourself but physically and mentally you are but without a set forced routine I cant get out of I'll always revert back to this unfortunately.

I hate silence now and always need background noise since getting tinnitus. I used to be fine in silence but my ex changed all that and now I'm not as comfortable with it and have to have TV or music.

I'm not on my own so to speak but it's not someone to be around 24/7 as we disagree on things.

Our past dictates how we deal with our future but we can change our now to create a new past to reflect on and use.

Everything takes time and work.

You have to focus on yourself and not everyone else."

Silence is a funny one for me in that true silence is not good or silence in a house particularly but working out in the wilds am fine because though peogle say it's silent, it isnt. There's always the birds, the streams, the trees..there's always gorgeous sounds to embrace and heal..but in a house I need music or a book about wilderness..can't do TV. ..don't like TV particularly. The last line is interesting as it's something I have been told I need to do so many times..I invest a lot of my time rescuing people from their personal issues and have been told I do it very well..I guess because I know the signs, the feelings etc and how to get out of them but I don't seem able to do the same on me..or I do but not as much. You stay well..am always here if you want distraction or chat for anyone on here actu ally. Being with someone especially in current situation can be difficult, I'm so very lucky with my gf..only person that actually gets me and understands and knows how to deal with it..she doesn't over react or in public doesn't t draw attention..if I'm reduced to tears she carries on as normal and draws me out of my mindset. Many live alone because life is easier..they re able to focus on oneself and have no need to explain their actions or moods.

over a year ago

So can I ask..do you get real dizzy and confused..I mean I can barely move after for an hour cos I ll fall over, my balance goes. Equally in that time period I know where I am but am often confused by it all..like I know but don't know it at same time. ? Only lasts about an hour, then, like you I just need to sit listening to nature then I ll start to climb out and the change will be dramatic after about 3 hours. Wish you all the best with your issues..big hugs..am almost out the other side now and am filling with dynamic energy..always the same..one extreme to the other..sheesh it's a reet pain eh x

No, I don't get dizzy, but I do get exhausted. I haven't been confused for a long time. Do you dissociate? My non medical opinion is that's what that sounds like if it's psychosomatic.

Sounds like you need to find grounding techniques. Different things work for different people, but in an episode, try to connect with your physical senses and the outside world. Things you can hear, taste, hear, see, smell. Observe them, really pay attention to them. To break dissociation you need to reconnect to reality."

Yes I do dissociate..nature or my gf is what draws me from it..one time she said when she spoke to me there was a time delay before I acknowledged what she had said or how she touched me..like slow motion. Interestingly though if I focus on something to draw me out its like I can see and feel and hear far more..actually amusingly it's almost similar to opiate effeXT. .I seem to notice the finer details rather than the bigger picture. The bigger picture is too much. Thanks for this..what you have said is something I know but equally it's interesting to hear someone that understands point of view.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The sharper focus on details I think is part of dissociation. Be careful, but I'm sure you know this.

over a year ago

"Sorry to hear that mate.

I am a solution finder. So suggest watching Amy Cuddy videos on YouTube. Especially one called ' Your body language may shape who you are'.

Essentially Amy's research shows that you can trick your mind with your body. Try it. Good luck "

Hey thanks..this is more what the thread is about..others ideas and feelings and own experiences as in so doing we may come up with something for everyone

over a year ago

"The sharper focus on details I think is part of dissociation. Be careful, but I'm sure you know this."

Yes thank you very much...you take care eh x

Post new Message to Thread