Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What phobias do you have

Jump to newest

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

Good morning all,

Curious to know what phobias you forum users have??

Mine is bee’s/wasps and it really gets my heart racing in the “not so good way”

I don’t even need to see them, the buzzing sets me off.

Unfortunately i’m one those friends that you would probably be embarrassed to have lol

I run around like I’ve lost my head and screaming like the worlds ended.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *nvisible_beardMan
over a year ago

near newbridge, wales

Sorry to hear

Flying annoyances

Running makes them chase you though and you lose track of where they are until you hear that buzz ugh

I have a social anxiety/phobia so dont do well in big groups and will separate myself very obviously

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Maggots

Hard even saying or writing that word

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Sorry to hear

Flying annoyances

Running makes them chase you though and you lose track of where they are until you hear that buzz ugh

I have a social anxiety/phobia so dont do well in big groups and will separate myself very obviously "

Awww bless you Hun, I can only imagine how hard that must be.

Do you feel the same even if it’s a large group of people who you know quite well or just a new group??

Lol I know it’s better to stay still but when I hear them, all common sense flies out of the window.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Nuns. Sorry if this offends anyone but i find them creepy

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Maggots

Hard even saying or writing that word "

Ewww yes I do hate Maggots too

over a year ago

Flying ants and maggots make me cringe.

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Nuns. Sorry if this offends anyone but i find them creepy"

Nothing to get offended over. It’s something you fear.

Has anything triggered it off for you? Or has it always been there?

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Flying ants and maggots make me cringe. "

Just flying ants? Or flys in general?

By *lumber53Man
over a year ago

brean

Frogs always jump.at u.lol

By *hy_bangor_bi-girlWoman
over a year ago

Bangor

Clowns & spiders.

Cried through most of "it" still vent brought myself to watch part 2

Domestic spiders just seem to be getting bigger every year! Dunno if that's because of global warming or that bitch Carole fuckin Baskin!

By *ulahlollipopWoman
over a year ago

Reading/London

Claustrophobia- big time, break into a cold sweat in small spaces. Never use lifts for this reason even when it’s many many flights of stairs. It’s an awful phobia because it seems to creep up so often

By *nvisible_beardMan
over a year ago

near newbridge, wales

"Sorry to hear

Flying annoyances

I have a social anxiety/phobia so dont do well in big groups and will separate myself very obviously

Do you feel the same even if it’s a large group of people who you know quite well or just a new group??

Lol I know it’s better to stay still but when I hear them, all common sense flies out of the window. "

Doesnt matter if I know them or not unfortunately I will naturally separate no matter what... even happens in work environments

So it looks like I'm being rude or a dick to others or think im better than them but its just me actually protecting myself

If I push myself and it fails then I can spiral a bit but learnt to manage it and separate myself when I feel it starting

Shame the bee/wasp doesn't go out the window instead ha

Hate it when they zoom past your ear with no warning

By *omino51Man
over a year ago

loughborough

Mice.... i know im a whimp but you have to be afraid of something to understand.

over a year ago

I have needlephobia. I get panic attacks everytime I take injections. So the first thing I do after taking injection is to lie down for five minutes. Sounds childish I know.

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Clowns & spiders.

Domestic spiders just seem to be getting bigger every year! Dunno if that's because of global warming or that bitch Carole fuckin Baskin! "

Oh I really enjoyed watching part two....so much better than part one.

I’ve become a lot braver in tackling spiders in the last few years.

over a year ago

Never really had one but lately flying has made me really nervous.

over a year ago

Failurephobia, my biggest fear is that I won't achieve my goals.

over a year ago

Women.

Scare the shit out of me

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Claustrophobia- big time, break into a cold sweat in small spaces. Never use lifts for this reason even when it’s many many flights of stairs. It’s an awful phobia because it seems to creep up so often "

Awww bless you Hun, that must feel so horrible. The best you can do is try and avoid things that set you off like the lifts but what happens when it’s situation you have no control over??

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

Spiders and daddy longlegs, oh and a fear of cars waiting for me to cross the road- not sure there's an official name for that

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"Nuns. Sorry if this offends anyone but i find them creepy

Has anything triggered it off for you? Or has it always been there?"

I worked in a hospital run by nuns when i left school and they were mean. Later met a girl who had been to a school run by nuns and she said they were cruel. Also seen several films based on true life stories to back this up

By *ickedwillyCouple
over a year ago

Bangor

Rats four legged ones

Will run a mile from one.

over a year ago

Heights which is not something I always feared.

Up until around 2004 they never bothered me.

I would regularly help out friends needing their roof fixed or run up ladders cleaning my windows etc.

Now I can't even see someone on TV looking over a ledge without feeling dizzy

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Sorry to hear

Flying annoyances

Lol I know it’s better to stay still but when I hear them, all common sense flies out of the window.

Doesnt matter if I know them or not unfortunately I will naturally separate no matter what... even happens in work environments

So it looks like I'm being rude or a dick to others or think im better than them but its just me actually protecting myself

If I push myself and it fails then I can spiral a bit but learnt to manage it and separate myself when I feel it starting

Hate it when they zoom past your ear with no warning "

Awwww I’m sure those who know you will understand when a situation gets too hard for you to handle.

I think it’s hard to keep having to explain yourself when it’s outside of the “norm”

I totally get and totally understand as I’ve got an autistic child who doesn’t deal with all crowds, but we take it in his pace. Encourage him into these situations but let him escape when it gets too much.

Lol the bees are lovely as long as they’re not near me.

It’s like they go for those that are scared lol

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Coffee

Jaffa cakes

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Mice.... i know im a whimp but you have to be afraid of something to understand.

"

Totally get this and it’s doesn’t matter if they don’t understand. You know how you feel and don’t need to validate it

By *lint-EverhardMan
over a year ago

Perpignan and cap

I have a genuine fear of being boring. I don't think that it's a phobia though.

over a year ago

I have this huge fear that I will never get to motorboat you and it keeps me up at night in a cold sweat

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"I have needlephobia. I get panic attacks everytime I take injections. So the first thing I do after taking injection is to lie down for five minutes. Sounds childish I know."

I used to shake and be close to crying when I had to give blood. I deal with it better now thankfully.

You do what makes it better for you. Not childish at all. We all have different coping mechanisms

By *ltrMan
over a year ago

sheffield

"Rats four legged ones

Will run a mile from one. "

same here as a kid I was

out and disturbed a rats home it jumped past my face scared the bejusus out of me

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Never really had one but lately flying has made me really nervous. "

Has something set it off?

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Failurephobia, my biggest fear is that I won't achieve my goals."

If you fail once, there’s nothing to stop you trying again until you succeed

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Women.

Scare the shit out of me"

Lol are you being serious

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Spiders and daddy longlegs, oh and a fear of cars waiting for me to cross the road- not sure there's an official name for that"

Oh I’ve never heard about the car waiting phobia.

over a year ago

I dont believe I have any genuine phobias. Some things might scare me more or less but it's not an actual phobia.

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Nuns. Sorry if this offends anyone but i find them creepy

Has anything triggered it off for you? Or has it always been there?

I worked in a hospital run by nuns when i left school and they were mean. Later met a girl who had been to a school run by nuns and she said they were cruel. Also seen several films based on true life stories to back this up "

Oh that makes sense as it triggers off horrible memories for you

over a year ago

Rats, mice and guinea pigs. I could be reduced to tears honestly

over a year ago

The dark

over a year ago

"The dark"

Very ironic considering your name

By *ensual mMan
over a year ago

conwy

My fear of heights is a major problem for me. I cant watch the tv if someones on top of a building or aerial shot going over a cliff edge i grip the chair. I often close my eyes to go to sleep and my mind gives me 3 or 4 scenatios where im about to fall or someone else near me is in danger of falling. It jolts my body. Hate it

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I have a fear of falling from a height, it's not the height part as I adore rollercoasters it's the free falling part, which is essentially lack of control, I used to fidget whilst trampolining at heights in school searching for some thing to hold on to

over a year ago

"I have needlephobia. I get panic attacks everytime I take injections. So the first thing I do after taking injection is to lie down for five minutes. Sounds childish I know.

I used to shake and be close to crying when I had to give blood. I deal with it better now thankfully.

You do what makes it better for you. Not childish at all. We all have different coping mechanisms "

Thanks for the kind words. It took many years for me to realise that I actually have a phobia. As I mostly took injections when I was sick, I attributed the dizziness to my underlying sickness. Only when I took an injection for numbing my gums during a dental visit and I almost blacked out, I realised that it was a phobia. Good to know that. I can take the necessary precautions now. But when I do blood tests, I always inform the person administering the needle that I have the problem and I need a place to lie down after taking the needle.

over a year ago

"Never really had one but lately flying has made me really nervous.

Has something set it off?"

Had a close call landing at Newcastle. I think that started it. Its only when it starts to descend

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Heights which is not something I always feared.

I would regularly help out friends needing their roof fixed or run up ladders cleaning my windows etc.

Now I can't even see someone on TV looking over a ledge without feeling dizzy "

I definitely know the feeling but it’s weird how it triggered off for you.

Something must have happened to set it off??

over a year ago

"The dark

Very ironic considering your name "

In fairness i have added vexatious + discombulating to my profile

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"I have this huge fear that I will never get to motorboat you and it keeps me up at night in a cold sweat "

Haha Now this is a fear that can be easily resolved....Donny isn’t that far away

By *ussypicker69Man
over a year ago

south essex

"Clowns & spiders.

Domestic spiders just seem to be getting bigger every year! Dunno if that's because of global warming or that bitch Carole fuckin Baskin! "

Hahaha!

+1 for spiders, imagine Homer Simpson’s high pitched shriek when I see one! Hate them!

over a year ago

Spiders for me not small ones so much

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Rats four legged ones

Will run a mile from one.

same here as a kid I was

out and disturbed a rats home it jumped past my face scared the bejusus out of me "

I’m not a fan of rats either. Some of those sewage ones are hugeeeee!!

over a year ago

"I have this huge fear that I will never get to motorboat you and it keeps me up at night in a cold sweat

Haha Now this is a fear that can be easily resolved....Donny isn’t that far away "

I feel better already

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

Used to have a fear of moths! but only if I was topless as soon as I seen one banging about at the light I would quickly go grab a top

D.

By *nvisible_beardMan
over a year ago

near newbridge, wales

"Sorry to hear

Flying annoyances

Awwww I’m sure those who know you will understand when a situation gets too hard for you to handle.

I think it’s hard to keep having to explain yourself when it’s outside of the “norm”

I totally get and totally understand as I’ve got an autistic child who doesn’t deal with all crowds, but we take it in his pace. Encourage him into these situations but let him escape when it gets too much.

It’s like they go for those that are scared lol"

Unfortunately not. Was told at work I was an ignorant fuck in their words ha as I dont join in with everyone else.

But the jobs gone now so doesnt really matter but I still dwell on it as it makes you think if I was like everyone else then would I still be there ? Would someone have fought for me to stay like they did others ? But cant then trigger my overthinking so cant go down the rabbit hole and just say fuck it their loss.

When I explain my situation to people I get funny looks. Used to be alot worse as it also involved phone calls that was worse to explain especially going for jobs and having to explain it every time to every agent that I'd go in face to face and not over phone as I needed to see their reactions/body language and cant do that over phones

Yes showing encouragement and support will give him a baseline for coping in the situation. Escape is a good plan too as then he knows he has an out and can go to his safe place.

All power to you for instilling this into him as this will be a great coping mechanism for him throughout life

Maybe they sense your pheromones like they do a flower

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"The dark"

Do you need to sleep with the lights on??

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"My fear of heights is a major problem for me. I cant watch the tv if someones on top of a building or aerial shot going over a cliff edge i grip the chair. I often close my eyes to go to sleep and my mind gives me 3 or 4 scenatios where im about to fall or someone else near me is in danger of falling. It jolts my body. Hate it "

Awwww bless hun. I know what you mean as I don’t like watching bees on tv, it just triggers it all off

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/04/20 09:02:31]

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Not a phobia per se, but the huge flying cockroaches you find in tropical countries are revolting

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Canals. I had a bad accident when I was a child and since then I can't stand being remotely close to one or watching a programme featuring them.

Spiders but not quite in the same way as canals.

over a year ago

I hate flying soon as I get into the airport I’m shaking and sweating then when I get on my heart beats so fast I just can’t wait until it’s over and it’s always on my mind flying back so kind of ruins the holiday

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"I have a fear of falling from a height, it's not the height part as I adore rollercoasters it's the free falling part, which is essentially lack of control, I used to fidget whilst trampolining at heights in school searching for some thing to hold on to "

I’d like to think that it’s quite common to have the fear of not having control over your body falling.

Even tho you’re falling on a rollercoaster, you know you’re safely strapped on.

over a year ago

The Moomins have been a life long fear of mine

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"I have this huge fear that I will never get to motorboat you and it keeps me up at night in a cold sweat

Haha Now this is a fear that can be easily resolved....Donny isn’t that far away

I feel better already "

Awwww always happy to help you POF

over a year ago

"Heights which is not something I always feared.

Now I can't even see someone on TV looking over a ledge without feeling dizzy

I definitely know the feeling but it’s weird how it triggered off for you.

Something must have happened to set it off??

"

No, absolutely nothing.

I was renovating an old mill outbuilding that we had bought to convert to a sports bar and I had been painting ceilings on scaffolding all week, one day I couldn't get down. Just froze with fear.

Never went back up and been the same since

over a year ago

"The dark

Do you need to sleep with the lights on??

"

It depends where i am, and if there is a door... Sometimes yes - always when i am away. Hmmm maybe that's why I find travelling so exhausting

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Used to have a fear of moths! but only if I was topless as soon as I seen one banging about at the light I would quickly go grab a top

D."

Oh I get the moth part but only whilst topless isn’t something I’ve heard.

Is it because you’re scared they’ll sit there and perv on your topless body D

over a year ago

All quite normal fears here, mine are buttons.. how strange is that

By *edoriartyCouple
over a year ago

Peterborough

Impotence and Bin Water.

M

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Sorry to hear

Flying annoyances

Unfortunately not. Was told at work I was an ignorant fuck in their words ha as I dont join in with everyone else.

But the jobs gone now so doesnt really matter but I still dwell on it as it makes you think if I was like everyone else then would I still be there ? Would someone have fought for me to stay like they did others ? But cant then trigger my overthinking so cant go down the rabbit hole and just say fuck it their loss.

When I explain my situation to people I get funny looks. Used to be alot worse as it also involved phone calls that was worse to explain especially going for jobs and having to explain it every time to every agent that I'd go in face to face and not over phone as I needed to see their reactions/body language and cant do that over phones

Yes showing encouragement and support will give him a baseline for coping in the situation. Escape is a good plan too as then he knows he has an out and can go to his safe place.

All power to you for instilling this into him as this will be a great coping mechanism for him throughout life

Maybe they sense your pheromones like they do a flower "

Oh I’m really sorry to hear that you’ve had to go through all of that.

My only hope is that those who are ignorant to others social distancing needs, take the time to educate themselves.

The hope for a brighter future for us all

Yes here’s me hoping i can try to make things a little easier for him. It’s only normal to have days where someone won’t understand but i also know that we have many days where people will accommodate to meet his needs

over a year ago

Autism is interesting as I am high up the scale in certain areas. I hate being around lots of people I don't know and like being on my own. But my biggest fear is actually being alone. ?????

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Not a phobia per se, but the huge flying cockroaches you find in tropical countries are revolting "

I hear you

over a year ago

The usual, spiders lol

over a year ago

I’m terrified of birds... the feathered kind before anyone makes a joke

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

"I have a fear of falling from a height, it's not the height part as I adore rollercoasters it's the free falling part, which is essentially lack of control, I used to fidget whilst trampolining at heights in school searching for some thing to hold on to

I’d like to think that it’s quite common to have the fear of not having control over your body falling.

Even tho you’re falling on a rollercoaster, you know you’re safely strapped on.

"

I agree. Falling off a shed roof as a child and splitting my knee open started it, blood absolutely everywhere

over a year ago

Cats and mice

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Canals. I had a bad accident when I was a child and since then I can't stand being remotely close to one or watching a programme featuring them.

Spiders but not quite in the same way as canals."

Awwww sorry to hear that Hun, do you think it’s something you’ll ever be able to overcome??

Someone recommended h ypnotherapy but I’m reluctant to try.

over a year ago

Guys with massive dicks lol x

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"I hate flying soon as I get into the airport I’m shaking and sweating then when I get on my heart beats so fast I just can’t wait until it’s over and it’s always on my mind flying back so kind of ruins the holiday "

Awww that must be horrible.

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

Merton

"Good morning all,

Unfortunately i’m one those friends that you would probably be embarrassed to have lol

I run around like I’ve lost my head and screaming like the worlds ended. "

Is it a phobia, when is common sense such as bee, wasp, snake, high

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"The Moomins have been a life long fear of mine"

Oh I loved the moonmins.

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"All quite normal fears here, mine are buttons.. how strange is that"

I’ve heard about this before. What exactly do you fear about it?? The look? The feel? The shape??

over a year ago

Was just chatting to a colleague about this the other night. He was telling me about his fear of needles and he asked me what my phobia was. I didnt think I had one till he asked. Turns out I'm afraid of heights but only under certain circumstances. Handrails, back scratchers on ladders or being enclosed makes me feel perfectly safe. Take them away and I'll panic.

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Impotence and Bin Water.

M"

Eww to bin water... yes

Would impotence be because it’s something you can’t control?

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Motorway driving....

I used to drive on them fine until the menopause kicked in!

over a year ago

"All quite normal fears here, mine are buttons.. how strange is that

I’ve heard about this before. What exactly do you fear about it?? The look? The feel? The shape??"

the look the feel and that i think they are completley pointless yet happen to be on most clothes, like they are so uneccercery it annoys me lol

over a year ago

"I hate flying soon as I get into the airport I’m shaking and sweating then when I get on my heart beats so fast I just can’t wait until it’s over and it’s always on my mind flying back so kind of ruins the holiday

Awww that must be horrible. "

Yeah I tend to only fly 4 hours away maximum

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Autism is interesting as I am high up the scale in certain areas. I hate being around lots of people I don't know and like being on my own. But my biggest fear is actually being alone. ?????"

Since the spectrum is so big, it’s always different for each individual. I think autistic people like to chose a select few who they can turn to when they need to but enjoy that alone time.

It’s finding that balance and also knowing that you have someone to turn to when you need them (you’d be surprised at how many people actually understand this need)

over a year ago

Used to work with a guy who had a genuine fear of bananas! Lads used to leave them in his locker and in his room or on under his duvet covers. He seen the funny side to it but a very bizarre fear to have.

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"I’m terrified of birds... the feathered kind before anyone makes a joke "

Don’t they all have feathers??

I don’t think we would make a joke out of your phobias tho hun

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Used to have a fear of moths! but only if I was topless as soon as I seen one banging about at the light I would quickly go grab a top

D.

Oh I get the moth part but only whilst topless isn’t something I’ve heard.

Is it because you’re scared they’ll sit there and perv on your topless body D "

they can perve all they like! It’s because they are dumb! They just fly anywhere and the thought of them touching my nakedness used to send me mad!

D.

By *ick270Man
over a year ago

Here

Heights ,get a real horrible feeling ,and hands sweat

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Cats and mice "

That’s quite a common phobia

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Good morning all,

I run around like I’ve lost my head and screaming like the worlds ended.

Is it a phobia, when is common sense such as bee, wasp, snake, high"

I’m not too sure what you’re asking here

over a year ago

"Used to work with a guy who had a genuine fear of bananas! Lads used to leave them in his locker and in his room or on under his duvet covers. He seen the funny side to it but a very bizarre fear to have."
i remember watching a documentary about a guy afriad of beans and the word beans

By *nvisible_beardMan
over a year ago

near newbridge, wales

"Sorry to hear

Flying annoyances

My only hope is that those who are ignorant to others social distancing needs, take the time to educate themselves.

Yes here’s me hoping i can try to make things a little easier for him. It’s only normal to have days where someone won’t understand but i also know that we have many days where people will accommodate to meet his needs "

Thank you but it's ok.... it's why I can sometimes come across as needed but it's the overthinking that kicks in... did I say something wrong... did I piss them off... should I check on them and apologise and so on for online / non direct interactions. So it can spill into other areas.

But on the flip side if I'm laid back and relax I get told I'm not trying and not taking things seriously so cant win. Used to get told by family that I was so laid back I was horizontal ha. But that can give you a complex about things and make you more introvert.

Often people are too ignorant to educate themselves unless its put in front of them which is why it's a positive step to see more of these types of (dis)abilities put into mainstream programmes so its subliminally educating those.

Sending big a d positive vibes for you and your son's future and thanks for giving me an outlet here

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Was just chatting to a colleague about this the other night. He was telling me about his fear of needles and he asked me what my phobia was. I didnt think I had one till he asked. Turns out I'm afraid of heights but only under certain circumstances. Handrails, back scratchers on ladders or being enclosed makes me feel perfectly safe. Take them away and I'll panic."

We learn something new about ourselves everyday

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

The stupid.

It seems they're taking over the world and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

I fear for the kids of today.....

A

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Motorway driving....

I used to drive on them fine until the menopause kicked in! "

Ohhhh I get this too....I’ve never liked them and avoid at any cost.

It’s weird how menopause triggered it off for you.

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"All quite normal fears here, mine are buttons.. how strange is that

I’ve heard about this before. What exactly do you fear about it?? The look? The feel? The shape?? the look the feel and that i think they are completley pointless yet happen to be on most clothes, like they are so uneccercery it annoys me lol "

It must be hard for you to shop

over a year ago

Polystyrene, slugs, dolls and rocking chairs.

over a year ago

Bees and wasps. I hate the noise too, I have learnt to compose myself a little istead of running away from them. Though all I want to do is run and scream

And the dark and deep water. If I can't touch the bottom in a pool I panic. But deep water and the dark together, that is my worst nightmare.

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Used to work with a guy who had a genuine fear of bananas! Lads used to leave them in his locker and in his room or on under his duvet covers. He seen the funny side to it but a very bizarre fear to have."

There always seems to be an underlying trigger for phobias. Some are more obvious and some aren’t

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"Canals. I had a bad accident when I was a child and since then I can't stand being remotely close to one or watching a programme featuring them.

Awwww sorry to hear that Hun, do you think it’s something you’ll ever be able to overcome??

Someone recommended h ypnotherapy but I’m reluctant to try."

Oh it's not that big a thing.

I hope your son is coping okay with the lockdown, x

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Sorry to hear

Flying annoyances

Yes here’s me hoping i can try to make things a little easier for him. It’s only normal to have days where someone won’t understand but i also know that we have many days where people will accommodate to meet his needs

Thank you but it's ok.... it's why I can sometimes come across as needed but it's the overthinking that kicks in... did I say something wrong... did I piss them off... should I check on them and apologise and so on for online / non direct interactions. So it can spill into other areas.

But on the flip side if I'm laid back and relax I get told I'm not trying and not taking things seriously so cant win. Used to get told by family that I was so laid back I was horizontal ha. But that can give you a complex about things and make you more introvert.

Often people are too ignorant to educate themselves unless its put in front of them which is why it's a positive step to see more of these types of (dis)abilities put into mainstream programmes so its subliminally educating those.

Sending big a d positive vibes for you and your son's future and thanks for giving me an outlet here "

Awww big hugs back and you’re always welcome

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Bees and wasps. I hate the noise too, I have learnt to compose myself a little istead of running away from them. Though all I want to do is run and scream

And the dark and deep water. If I can't touch the bottom in a pool I panic. But deep water and the dark together, that is my worst nightmare. "

Could the water thing be a fear of the unknown?? You’re not sure what’s there so it freak you out.

Lol here’s hoping I learn to be more composed like you one day

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

Someone recommended h ypnotherapy but I’m reluctant to try.

Oh it's not that big a thing.

I hope your son is coping okay with the lockdown, x"

Awwww thanks for asking hun

He’s a little trooper and is dealing with it so far.

Having the garden and trampoline really helps

over a year ago

Good morning Gobbychick and everyone.

I’m Sam and I am actually scared of balloons.

I get really uncomfortable around them.

It’s the unpredictability of the things, like those people that rub them on their head and stick them to the wall and the noise they make when someone runs their fingers across them.

Shit like that drives me crazy.

Otherwise I’m scared of fuck all.

Balloons to me are like snakes to Indiana Jones.

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

"Good morning Gobbychick and everyone.

It’s the unpredictability of the things, like those people that rub them on their head and stick them to the wall and the noise they make when someone runs their fingers across them.

Balloons to me are like snakes to Indiana Jones."

Morning Sam

I’ve got a family member who is scared of balloon too. They are unpredictable little f**kers aren’t they.

Does the noise of a chalk board get to you??

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Needles

over a year ago

"The Moomins have been a life long fear of mine

Oh I loved the moonmins.

"

I did and then one day it all changed and I still have Nightmares about them now

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"Motorway driving....

I used to drive on them fine until the menopause kicked in!

Ohhhh I get this too....I’ve never liked them and avoid at any cost.

It’s weird how menopause triggered it off for you."

Menopause takes away confidence from some women.

over a year ago

Snakes.

Swimming in deep waters.

over a year ago

Novel virus’

over a year ago

"Bees and wasps. I hate the noise too, I have learnt to compose myself a little istead of running away from them. Though all I want to do is run and scream

And the dark and deep water. If I can't touch the bottom in a pool I panic. But deep water and the dark together, that is my worst nightmare.

Could the water thing be a fear of the unknown?? You’re not sure what’s there so it freak you out.

Lol here’s hoping I learn to be more composed like you one day "

The composer had to come because of working with children, when standing with 30 or more children in the sunshine with wasps flying around I have to hold it together. Could you imagine MAYHEM!

The water bit is probably as I am not a strong swimmer, although I don't like the unknown. I always want to know what's going on but not in a nosey way. Just so I can be prepared, if I can't my anxiety goes through the roof.

over a year ago

Morning Sam

I’ve got a family member who is scared of balloon too. They are unpredictable little f**kers aren’t they.

Does the noise of a chalk board get to you??"

Not particularly.

It’s annoying to me as to anyone but it doesn’t make me recoil in horror.

It’s just balloons really, it’s not really the noises it’s the fact that it could go pop at anytime.

The squeak sends alarm bells off in my head that it’s gonna pop!

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

Lol here’s hoping I learn to be more composed like you one day

The composer had to come because of working with children, when standing with 30 or more children in the sunshine with wasps flying around I have to hold it together. Could you imagine MAYHEM!

The water bit is probably as I am not a strong swimmer, although I don't like the unknown. I always want to know what's going on but not in a nosey way. Just so I can be prepared, if I can't my anxiety goes through the roof. "

Again something that I can totally relate too.

I hate the unknown and like yourself it’s not the nosey way. it is the being prepared mentally part. Damn anxiety hey

By *obbychick OP   Woman
over a year ago

Essex

Morning Sam

Not particularly.

It’s just balloons really, it’s not really the noises it’s the fact that it could go pop at anytime.

The squeak sends alarm bells off in my head that it’s gonna pop!"

So if you’re in a large room but the balloon is on the other end and it pops. Would that effect you or is it only when it’s close by??

over a year ago

Fears:

Fire

Flying

China dolls/wax figures

Phobia:

Spiders

over a year ago

Earwigs ,balloons and footballs Being kicked or thrown near me

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Sharks ! Evil buggers they are

over a year ago

Morning Sam

Not particularly.

The squeak sends alarm bells off in my head that it’s gonna pop!

So if you’re in a large room but the balloon is on the other end and it pops. Would that effect you or is it only when it’s close by??"

It’s mainly just having them in my immediate vicinity.

If it’s a very quiet large room then it might effect me.

over a year ago

None, I don't think

By *shtimer05Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Trypophobia most would have this !

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"None, I don't think "

I genuinely cant think of any phobias

over a year ago

"Needles"

Me too! Had issues as a student nurse when first giving them as I was so anxious. The nurse trainer was amazing though and helped me though it. Can have tattoos for hours, which some people don’t understand.

Also tiger moths, but that’s a psychological issue from a traumatic time as a teenager xx

By *ensualbicockMan
over a year ago

liverpool wavertree picton clock

Work

over a year ago

Moths

over a year ago

"None, I don't think

I genuinely cant think of any phobias "

Oohh I thought of one.... Being in deep, open wate... Never really likely to affect me though

over a year ago

I don’t have any.

over a year ago

"None, I don't think

I genuinely cant think of any phobias

Oohh I thought of one.... Being in deep, open wate... Never really likely to affect me though "

*water... Twat!

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

"Coffee

Jaffa cakes "

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

Birds flapping round me

over a year ago

Spiders, as i watched Arachnophobia at the age of about 5 or 6 i guess.

Deep water, nearly drowned in a swimming pool at about 3 or 4.

Social anxiety with large groups of people bit like a poster above. First timke going out to Pink Punters was extremely difficult. Mainly ends up me coming across as extremely shy as i continually feel im being judged and or laughed at.

over a year ago

"Birds flapping round me "

Sorry... Won't do it again!

over a year ago

My only fear is letting my children down

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Spiders.

over a year ago

"My only fear is letting my children down "

I think that’s one thing you don’t have to fear hon xx

over a year ago

"My only fear is letting my children down

I think that’s one thing you don’t have to fear hon xx"

I think that's my only fear I'd die for them but I worry all the time about it

over a year ago

I think that’s one thing you don’t have to fear hon xx

I think that's my only fear I'd die for them but I worry all the time about it"

You will, you’re their dad. I can’t go to bonfires anymore or handle fireworks, but their dad can so he takes the youngest, as I don’t want my fear to deny her fun- she knows why. We worry about our children, and very second of the day xx

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"My only fear is letting my children down "

I feel parents who fear that they'll let their children are much less likely to do so than those who don't.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I feel parents who fear that they'll let their children are much less likely to do so than those who don't."

* Let their children down

Or, worrying about being good enough means you're probably one of the better ones

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

My two worst ones are flying ( have to medicate to fly) and needles x

over a year ago

"My two worst ones are flying ( have to medicate to fly) and needles x "

Damn! I’ve got more phobias than I think of, haha, I have to medicate too. Put off flying until last year, and had a panic attack when we started moving. Sister helped calm me xx

By *aigeoneCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

"Trypophobia most would have this !"

Yes - this! Can make me feel quite sick sometimes

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

I am terrified of heights. Luke

over a year ago

Not particularly fond of heights or spiders, but getting much better with both as the years go on.

Not strictly related, but I don’t like arguments either; I can’t get my words out and just clam up.

By *layfull pairingCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Always been petrified of wasps but after a weekend of fighting for possession of my workshop with a newly establishing colony of the buzzy fuckers I reckon I’ve decimated most of them and cured my fear a little ....

over a year ago

I feel parents who fear that they'll let their children are much less likely to do so than those who don't.

* Let their children down

Or, worrying about being good enough means you're probably one of the better ones"

Well.ill take that

By *appytrailmanMan
over a year ago

Manchester

A little one I have is when you're stacking a dishwasher and youre putting cutlery in I have the phobia of it touching my fingers I don't know why but it makes me heave if they do!

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Polystyrene that things come packaged in I hate it. I avoid touching or having anything to do with it.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Flying ants and any kind of bird flapping around indoors

over a year ago

This place at the moment

over a year ago

In reality

Escalators

over a year ago

Rats, even photos of them

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

"Good morning all,

I've a phobia of boobs....if some of the ladies on here could help me to overcome this....

over a year ago

Polystyrene... urgh

over a year ago

"Women.

Scare the shit out of me

Lol are you being serious "

Yes. I jump every time I see you

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

Honestly....I hate conflict....I normally just laugh and walk away

over a year ago

Spiders cant even see a pic of them at all

By *esireXposedMan
over a year ago

East sussex

Vaginas!

I've adpoted the kill or cure approach.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

When sailing, falling into the water. I know I have a life jacket on, but I am not a good swimmer.

over a year ago

No way. I meant to start a thread this morning (& forgot) to list phobia names and their meaning. My thought process was that a few people are going to come out of this lock down a little agorophobic.

To answer the question, just spiders for me.

over a year ago

Im not great in confined spaces.

By *esireXposedMan
over a year ago

East sussex

"Im not great in confined spaces. "

Phoneboxes?

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"Im not great in confined spaces.

Phoneboxes?"

over a year ago

I dont like confined spaces, lifts, cellars.

over a year ago

Oh I’ve just thought of one - ears unintentionally sticking out of long hair - makes me shudder

By *uyforfun88869Man
over a year ago

Leigh

Heights for me

By *ensualbicockMan
over a year ago

liverpool wavertree picton clock

"Im not great in confined spaces.

Phoneboxes?"

over a year ago

I'm nor good with spiders, like at all... Little ones not so bad.

I'm okay with othet creepy crawlys, just not them

over a year ago

"Good morning all,

Not a phobia but I'm allergic to bee stings, mad dash to hospital if I get stung

over a year ago

Dogs. The after effects of a dog attack as a child - absolutely hate dogs approaching me off there leads, I'm sorry but there are a lot of dog owners who don't seem to understand some people don't want your dog running loose coming up to me.

Mark

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

None

Post new Message to Thread