Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Struggling today!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Finding this lockdown really shit today, just everything pissing me off, I walked the dog but that was it, so did get out the house!

I know this won’t last forever but today has been bard x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *arksxMan
over a year ago

Leicester / London

I reckon it's only an another week of total lockdown.

From next week onwards,services will slowly open up. Just don't expect to be getting a pint at the local or dirty big mac anytime soon.

By *uxomBoobs195Woman
over a year ago

Rotherham

The not being able to leave the house except go to the shops is starting to take its toll.

Iv found I'm struggling to nod off at bed time, I have a 3 year old who's up at 6.30 each morning aswell.

Think we are both getting abit fed up of being in the house!

We are normally out all morning doing things and busy, or I'm at work an hes at nursery. So it's a big change for us, not sure how much he understand, he knows McDonlads and nursery are closed because of the germs but that's about it.

It wont last forever! I'm only a message away if you (or anyone) fancys a natter xx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ah big hugs op.

It’s been shit for me as well. X

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I walked the dogs 3x. At least we have dogs to walk.

over a year ago

"Finding this lockdown really shit today, just everything pissing me off, I walked the dog but that was it, so did get out the house!

I know this won’t last forever but today has been bard x"

Me too lovely... I walked my dog too, but didn’t cheer me up. Don’t be hard on yourself, some people are finding it tough, it’s ok to be pissed off. Some lazy arses are loving it, but we don’t all have to join in with the faux joviality of some people. Trying times my love. Sending hugs xx

over a year ago

Sorry to hear that pal.

I had a bad day yesterday with it all but today I’m feeling quite chipper.

Think it’s a bit of an up down cycle for everyone.

I’ve found that blue wkd helps a lot.

over a year ago

Here to talk to anyone, my mental health is struggling after finally coming out of 18 months of depression and anxiety. Feel like im slipping again

over a year ago

"Ah big hugs op.

It’s been shit for me as well. X"

Thank

You x

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

I had a shakeup one on Friday and the last cpl of hours have pissed me off .. but just had my dinner and feel chilled agin .. but I’m happy

over a year ago

Thank you all.

over a year ago

Sending positive vibes!

I had a bad day on Friday. I kept welling up at work for no particular reason. It will hit us all at different times in different ways. Call a friend that you can have a laugh with x

over a year ago

"Sending positive vibes!

I had a bad day on Friday. I kept welling up at work for no particular reason. It will hit us all at different times in different ways. Call a friend that you can have a laugh with x "

Yeah will do but know everyone is struggling x

over a year ago

"Here to talk to anyone, my mental health is struggling after finally coming out of 18 months of depression and anxiety. Feel like im slipping again "

Stick with the coping mechanisms you have worked so hard with and be sure to replace anything that’s not possible with some kind of substitute.

I know all too well how hard it can be but maintaining a routine is crucial at the moment.

My worst days all happen when I don’t go to bed properly and then miss my morning run and workout and then everything goes to shit.

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

"Finding this lockdown really shit today, just everything pissing me off, I walked the dog but that was it, so did get out the house!

Yeah... the trying days are really a struggle right now.

Today's almost over though, eh. New day tomorrow and all that.

Stay cool, friend.

over a year ago

"Here to talk to anyone, my mental health is struggling after finally coming out of 18 months of depression and anxiety. Feel like im slipping again

Stick with the coping mechanisms you have worked so hard with and be sure to replace anything that’s not possible with some kind of substitute.

I know all too well how hard it can be but maintaining a routine is crucial at the moment.

My worst days all happen when I don’t go to bed properly and then miss my morning run and workout and then everything goes to shit.

"

Thanks, trying to keep some focus on runs, bike rides, home workouts , yoga and meditation. Trying to mix it up daily

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I have to say my thoughts are with all those having difficult moments .

Hugs

over a year ago

Thank you x

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Just take it one day at a time. Thinking too far ahead can get a bit overwhelming x

over a year ago

Look for small pleasures in every day things, live each day and be present... Manage expectations x

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

A lot of people ( myself included ) are struggling today as while we really knew that the lockdown wouldn't end today... there will be a part of us that had a little hope. Now its not and we dont have a date for the end.. and so much uncertainty... it's understandable that people are feeling caged

over a year ago

Sending you strength OP!

There’ll be better days, pal

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

We have to keep our morale high.

Think nice thoughts, chat to friends.

Spread love in the world.

By *ungscotsman26Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

I had a couple of bad days the other week. Just need to try keep the chin up mate. A facetime with a friend or family if you can for a chat or a quiz is good fun and definitely cheered me up. Stick in it won't be forever

over a year ago

"I reckon it's only an another week of total lockdown.

From next week onwards,services will slowly open up. Just don't expect to be getting a pint at the local or dirty big mac anytime soon. "

They've extended the lockdown here for another 3 weeks till early May

By *arksxMan
over a year ago

Leicester / London

Your right they have

But I'd suggest the economic shit storm that is incoming for Europe and the US will force the governments hand to relax some sectors

It will all be done in stages so don't expect schools or your local pub to open their doors for weeks

The point I was getting across to the op was...change is coming.

over a year ago

"Look for small pleasures in every day things, live each day and be present... Manage expectations x"

I would say the same.

And it's ok to be angry. And upset. Get it out of the system and turn the page. X

By *aveman11Man
over a year ago

all over the uk with work

I feel for some people I'm still working, training and going out to walk or bike so pretty much normal for me but I know its devastating a lot of people, not enough projects hobbies or interests to keep people going for months on end

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

OP, if you can get out for the daily exercise each day, do it. I feel so much better having been out for a wheelchair push, up hill and down dale. Much happier tonight as a result

over a year ago

Thanks for everyone response,

Another day today and I feel better x

By *edHeadedFunWoman
over a year ago

Didsbury

"Thanks for everyone response,

Another day today and I feel better x"

Glad you are feeling better today xx

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

"Thanks for everyone response,

Another day today and I feel better x"

Hang in there and glad you are feeling better

If you have coping methods you can use stick to them. I'm searching for new ones currently as I'm off my meds now and my previous methods are no longer viable options during lockdown. Although I am still having counselling over the phone, it's far to easy to not open up about things. She's gonna kick my ass when we finally do sit down and talk

over a year ago

Thanks all. X

over a year ago

Hugs OP

I have been fine because I'm still working - but I had my birthday last week and Easter weekend alone and I have to confess to feeling a bit lonely and fed up with it all.

But like others have said its not forever and it will make going out into the world feel so much better

I NEED TO GO OUT DANCING!

By *hy_bangor_bi-girlWoman
over a year ago

Bangor

"I reckon it's only an another week of total lockdown.

From next week onwards,services will slowly open up. Just don't expect to be getting a pint at the local or dirty big mac anytime soon. "

I hate to busy your bubble but it will be extended here by at least another three weeks here by Thursday.

The contingency plan is for 8 weeks but obviously can't announce that on day one.

They expected the peak 7 to 10 days and it wasn't happened yet.

over a year ago

Hang on in there Op. I think most of us will admit to bad days. I've not been sleeping well and seem to have developed insomnia now. Just before lock down, I lost 2 uncles, an Aunt and my dog so I was already a little low. Now another uncle has died and my father in law has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and we can't visit. It's hard to deal with all this, I just have to try and stay positive as I know this will end one day.

Sending Monday huggles xx

over a year ago

"Hang on in there Op. I think most of us will admit to bad days. I've not been sleeping well and seem to have developed insomnia now. Just before lock down, I lost 2 uncles, an Aunt and my dog so I was already a little low. Now another uncle has died and my father in law has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and we can't visit. It's hard to deal with all this, I just have to try and stay positive as I know this will end one day.

Sending Monday huggles xx"

Oh I’m sorry babe, I just tried to inbox but wouldnt let me x

By *hy_bangor_bi-girlWoman
over a year ago

Bangor

"Your right they have

But I'd suggest the economic shit storm that is incoming for Europe and the US will force the governments hand to relax some sectors

It will all be done in stages so don't expect schools or your local pub to open their doors for weeks

The point I was getting across to the op was...change is coming.

"

Hopefully cafes, restaurants and bars will stay to open up again in early June so the summer isn't a write off for businesses. Areas will be staggered back to work slowly. Economy is rock bottom now and this could take years to recover from unfortunately. Taxes here will go up 5 to 10 % to recoup furlough

Schools here are closed till September, gcse's based on class predictions, a levels possibly in Sept with late start in October.

The US is worse off than we are now, no sign of covid-19 peaking there yet.

Post new Message to Thread