Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Men wearing nail varnish

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ive discussed this many times with my partner and she , like myself like men wearing make up ( a hang over from our goth days perhaps ) I have very strong finger nails which are in good condition , and she suggested that i should paint my nails more often , indeed for everyday wear .I have in the past wore varnish on one little pinky nail and its gone relatively unoticed or at least uncommented on . However i was wondering what folks views or preference would be to a man presenting as male to all extent and purpose , if you were to encounter him with painted fingernails ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think it's awesome. Rock on.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

His body is his business. Mr A had his nails painted all sorts of colours over Christmas as the kids were playing. Went out for Christmas lunch and no one batted an eyelid. If it's something you like then why not. It's hardly offensive

over a year ago

Black nail varnish looks cool as fuck. I’d get ripped to shreds if I did it though haha

over a year ago

Black is a turn out tbh

By *ecky and justCouple
over a year ago

Godalming

Keep sniggering to myself everytime I see my currently painted toenails..

Lockdown boredom..!

over a year ago

One of our main clinical leads for the service I work in, wore nail varnish on all his fingers one week. I thought they looked really bright and cheerful. No one commented on it negatively. Working in Psychology, we of course discussed it in regards to social perceptions of what makes someone a man. I think we’re living in a time where tolerance is rather high as people are beginning to realise their “tolerance” isn’t required, people are free to dress/make up as they please and to be quite honest it’s no one else's business

over a year ago

"Black nail varnish looks cool as fuck. I’d get ripped to shreds if I did it though haha"

Yeah i get that , and black is cool i agree , its at work that i would encounter some micky taking , ok i could deal with it to an extent . But its such a chore to put on and take off daily

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"One of our main clinical leads for the service I work in, wore nail varnish on all his fingers one week. I thought they looked really bright and cheerful. No one commented on it negatively. Working in Psychology, we of course discussed it in regards to social perceptions of what makes someone a man. I think we’re living in a time where tolerance is rather high as people are beginning to realise their “tolerance” isn’t required, people are free to dress/make up as they please and to be quite honest it’s no one else's business "

over a year ago

"One of our main clinical leads for the service I work in, wore nail varnish on all his fingers one week. I thought they looked really bright and cheerful. No one commented on it negatively. Working in Psychology, we of course discussed it in regards to social perceptions of what makes someone a man. I think we’re living in a time where tolerance is rather high as people are beginning to realise their “tolerance” isn’t required, people are free to dress/make up as they please and to be quite honest it’s no one else's business "

Interesting . I think for me it would be the constant explaining that i perceive one would encounter .

over a year ago

"Keep sniggering to myself everytime I see my currently painted toenails..

Lockdown boredom..! "

My toe nails i have painted many many times . And thats ok cause no one really sees day to day

over a year ago

On men, no.....just NO.

over a year ago

Not for me. But to each their own as they say

over a year ago

It wouldnt bother me. Equally it wouldnt turn me on. Your thing. Own it, rock it, be happy.

over a year ago

"Not for me. But to each their own as they say "

over a year ago

"It wouldnt bother me. Equally it wouldnt turn me on. Your thing. Own it, rock it, be happy. "

over a year ago

Yes love it !

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

I used to paint them a lot to play gigs when I was younger. It made bass playing seem mildly interesting

Can't say anyone held any preference towards or against me for it in regards to the question though.

Mind you: everyone was hammered back then.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I think it's awesome. Rock on."

It's a yes from me

I remember being caught out half way through a skiing holiday it was very divisive

Luckily I tend to like those who like and not like those who do not

win win

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

If you want to paint your nails, go for it.

I rather like the Alternative goth look so you can add eyeliner too for me.

over a year ago

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest..

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Guilty as charged...

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Go for it, they're your fingernails! We have male friends who are/were goths and painted nails, used eyeliner etc. It's normal for us to see

over a year ago

I use black nail varnish black or dark purple lippy as have gone back to my goth look

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Looks cool on some guys.

But then I like guyliner too

over a year ago

Thanks guys i appreciate all the comments and views .. Perhaps its an age thing as well , back in my yoof , during the 80s goth days and gender bending times with Boy Goerge etc ,i did wear painted nails and lots of make up .

One becomes slighty more conscious as one gets older ,especially publicly ..

When all this lockdowm is over i maybe will break out again

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

Nowt wrong with that

Probably looks better on some guys than women

over a year ago

"Thanks guys i appreciate all the comments and views .. Perhaps its an age thing as well , back in my yoof , during the 80s goth days and gender bending times with Boy Goerge etc ,i did wear painted nails and lots of make up .

When all this lockdowm is over i maybe will break out again "

There's no maybe about it, pick your favourite colour and hop to it

over a year ago

I’m gonna paint my toenails like a rainbow tomorrow.

Then I’m going to Aldi in flip flops and my flower garland

over a year ago

"I’m gonna paint my toenails like a rainbow tomorrow.

Then I’m going to Aldi in flip flops and my flower garland "

Oh please do!

Photos or it didn't happen!

OP If it pleases you, go for it!

It would gain my interest.

over a year ago

"Thanks guys i appreciate all the comments and views .. Perhaps its an age thing as well , back in my yoof , during the 80s goth days and gender bending times with Boy Goerge etc ,i did wear painted nails and lots of make up .

When all this lockdowm is over i maybe will break out again

There's no maybe about it, pick your favourite colour and hop to it "

over a year ago

"I’m gonna paint my toenails like a rainbow tomorrow.

Then I’m going to Aldi in flip flops and my flower garland "

Aldi yes Tesco im not so sure

over a year ago

Does clear nail varnish count? I often get that when I go for a manicure and I also get butchered for it at work by both men and women but I like it.

over a year ago

"Does clear nail varnish count? I often get that when I go for a manicure and I also get butchered for it at work by both men and women but I like it. "

Erm ..i suppose it does if its obvious ... although i was thinking more in the way of colour ..but well done ..

By *vilgasamWoman
over a year ago

The dot in the i

I’ve seen a few guys with painted nails at work and it’s never bothered me nor any other customers who happened to be around but that can depend on area I suppose, here it’s pretty open minded, unfortunately not everywhere is

Here it’s kinda like your socks, no one is fussed what colour your socks are and no one is fussed how you dress the rest of your body either, it’s your body to do with as you please

over a year ago

"Does clear nail varnish count? I often get that when I go for a manicure and I also get butchered for it at work by both men and women but I like it. "

By the way " Steve and pickle ploughmans is just the most awesome of names made me LOL

over a year ago

I think it looks cool, I like it.

over a year ago

Love a man with a bit of black polish... Ooo and liner

over a year ago

"Does clear nail varnish count? I often get that when I go for a manicure and I also get butchered for it at work by both men and women but I like it.

Erm ..i suppose it does if its obvious ... although i was thinking more in the way of colour ..but well done .."

I want to try pink but my gf isn’t a fan. But this thread has inspired me to just go for it.

over a year ago

"Does clear nail varnish count? I often get that when I go for a manicure and I also get butchered for it at work by both men and women but I like it.

By the way " Steve and pickle ploughmans is just the most awesome of names made me LOL "

Haha thanks! I thought of it myself too!

over a year ago

"Love a man with a bit of black polish... Ooo and liner "

Ooft yes. Dave Navarro on Ink Master for example

over a year ago

"Love a man with a bit of black polish... Ooo and liner "

Since a young age i was teased about my long eyelashes , peeps say i must be wearing mascara even when im not . I am far less conscious wearing eyeliner or mascara than painting nails , probably cause i cant see it once on , however nails i can

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

I've loved being able to have mine painted for weeks at a time during lockdown and wish I could have them done all the time although I would get slaughtered for it at work.

They already know I'm irregular because of the lack of any body hair, piercings and the things I get up to let alone the times I've still had the remains of make up left on from the night before

One guy already takes the piss calling me a crossdresser...if only they all knew!

My toes are always done though.

If you can get away with it OP then go for it

By *eliciousladyWoman
over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

Yes, do it.

Shows your individuality.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/04/20 21:26:57]

over a year ago

But I like it is a clue phrase there

over a year ago

"I've loved being able to have mine painted for weeks at a time during lockdown and wish I could have them done all the time although I would get slaughtered for it at work.

They already know I'm irregular because of the lack of any body hair, piercings and the things I get up to let alone the times I've still had the remains of make up left on from the night before

One guy already takes the piss calling me a crossdresser...if only they all knew!

If you can get away with it OP then go for it"

As is common thease days to have a cause like " Movembèr " perhaps a month where we males all wore nail varnish, eyeliner or lipstick for charity and donated the money to female causes Or is that to cheesy ?

over a year ago

"I've loved being able to have mine painted for weeks at a time during lockdown and wish I could have them done all the time although I would get slaughtered for it at work.

As is common thease days to have a cause like " Movembèr " perhaps a month where we males all wore nail varnish, eyeliner or lipstick for charity and donated the money to female causes Or is that to cheesy ? "

It's certainly one way of desensitising and opening minds

over a year ago

As is common thease days to have a cause like " Movembèr " perhaps a month where we males all wore nail varnish, eyeliner or lipstick for charity and donated the money to female causes Or is that to cheesy ?

It's certainly one way of desensitising and opening minds "

Any ideas of what we could call it ?

By *edoriartyCouple
over a year ago

Peterborough

I have thought that if I had decent nails I would give it a go

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

i like people to like as individual as they like, I like guys in nail polish, eyeliner even when fully presenting as male. I wouldn't say it was particularly feminine and less there were other things as well that linked or hinted at a femme side

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

I paint my left little finger nail black 3 times a year, in memory of someone I lost.

It's just my "thing"

over a year ago

I love having nails done and eye liner, gf loves it and actually encourages it..my toenails are currently a deep sexy red. For me I love colour now, but for me with my past its a recent thing..I used to hide and stay in the shadows, hated standing out and being "seen" , avoided people like the plague, excuse the connection to current situation..lol...then had a major meltdown and reboot of my brain..hugely and dangerouslyrics so..the result was and is confusing and amazing at same time. I love colour so yeah go for it and once you get hang of it it's easy to do and actually I find the process of painting my nails very therapeutic. I wanna learn how to do eyes not just lined, that I can do already but I want to be able to do the odd teardrop or Egyptian style.

over a year ago

"I have thought that if I had decent nails I would give it a go"

But the colour can make the nails..try it

over a year ago

Anyways..who said colour on nails had to be a female thing only..oh yeah metaphorically speaking, we did..society! Don't be a sheep lol..hands and feet are the same on both male and female so why should it look good on one and not the other..same with eyes

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/04/20 09:02:19]

over a year ago

One night i went out in male mode en-goth and go almost as much attention as I do as Tasmin! I had eye shadow, eyeliner, dark lipstick and dark nails!

By *edoriartyCouple
over a year ago

Peterborough

"I have thought that if I had decent nails I would give it a go

But the colour can make the nails..try it "

My nails are shit and as a straight traditionally masculine guy I'm sure I would get a few questions at work!

over a year ago

"I have thought that if I had decent nails I would give it a go

But the colour can make the nails..try it

My nails are shit and as a straight traditionally masculine guy I'm sure I would get a few questions at work!"

Thats the dilemma for me , work . I probably will going out if im with my partner , which i know is a bit of a cop out in some ways . Im 50% customer facing im a predominately male environment

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

I have gone to works do's in all my rock gear and nails done and it shocked them all as in work, I'm not that assuming. I didn't care what they thought, and after the first time, which did get comments of surprise, etc no one cares too. Whatever you feel comfortable in do it. Carpe Diem

Post new Message to Thread