Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Keeping busy.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So what have people been doing during lockdown? Learnt anything new? Picked up any new skills? Fallen back in love with an old hobby?

I personally have reignited my love for guitar playing.

(Bonus of that. Hand speed for masturbation has rocketed up. Haha)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Played my banjo a few times

over a year ago

"Played my banjo a few times "

Haha. Gotta get the energy out somewhere.

over a year ago

"So what have people been doing during lockdown? Learnt anything new? Picked up any new skills? Fallen back in love with an old hobby?

"

I've also picked my guitar back up! I used to play classically and got to around grade 6 (not officially but was going by grade books with my teacher) but haven't played for years! My goal is to be able to read music again by the end of lockdown

I'm also doing lots of baking, crocheting and diamond painting which is like paint by numbers but with little gems

over a year ago

"So what have people been doing during lockdown? Learnt anything new? Picked up any new skills? Fallen back in love with an old hobby?

I've also picked my guitar back up! I used to play classically and got to around grade 6 (not officially but was going by grade books with my teacher) but haven't played for years! My goal is to be able to read music again by the end of lockdown

I'm also doing lots of baking, crocheting and diamond painting which is like paint by numbers but with little gems "

It's shocked me how little music I can read. Can still do tab but actual music is more a mystery than I would like.

By *uriousMe2018Couple
over a year ago

Aldershot

I have picked up a guitar and have decided to start teaching myself! Always wanted to be able to play!

over a year ago

I'm also doing lots of baking, crocheting and diamond painting which is like paint by numbers but with little gems

It's shocked me how little music I can read. Can still do tab but actual music is more a mystery than I would like.

"

Haha luckily my 5yo nephew is learning the piano so going through scales and junior books with him gave me a bit of a base again. Tab has its uses if you're already familiar with the song but I much prefer music as it tells you HOW to play it as opposed to just what notes to play.

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

I finished a set of speakers that I had been making forever, put a raspberry pi audio streamer together. I've been playing guitar as well, thinking about a making one from a kit. A lot of podcasts as usual, making soup and eating way too many biscuits.

over a year ago

"I finished a set of speakers that I had been making forever, put a raspberry pi audio streamer together. I've been playing guitar as well, thinking about a making one from a kit. A lot of podcasts as usual, making soup and eating way too many biscuits."

How difficult is the raspberry pi to deal with? My eldest is watching videos about them the now so it's on his want list. I'm pretty useless at programming though.

over a year ago

My piano is my lifeblood so I play and practice relentlessly, had a mini concert and party with a few friends on Saturday night via video link great fun.

over a year ago

"My piano is my lifeblood so I play and practice relentlessly, had a mini concert and party with a few friends on Saturday night via video link great fun."

Should get some little 1 min snippets up on here of you playing. Bring some music to the masses of bored and horny swingers. Haha. If the song titles could be pun based that would be fab haha

By *oggoneMan
over a year ago

Derry

"I finished a set of speakers that I had been making forever, put a raspberry pi audio streamer together. I've been playing guitar as well, thinking about a making one from a kit. A lot of podcasts as usual, making soup and eating way too many biscuits.

How difficult is the raspberry pi to deal with? My eldest is watching videos about them the now so it's on his want list. I'm pretty useless at programming though. "

As difficult as you want them to be, the thing is they have so many different uses, some are plug n go, others might require programming or soldering. So it really depends what you want to do but you don't need any programming ability. If you can follow a youtube tutorial or follow a guide, you're set.

over a year ago

"I finished a set of speakers that I had been making forever, put a raspberry pi audio streamer together. I've been playing guitar as well, thinking about a making one from a kit. A lot of podcasts as usual, making soup and eating way too many biscuits.

How difficult is the raspberry pi to deal with? My eldest is watching videos about them the now so it's on his want list. I'm pretty useless at programming though.

As difficult as you want them to be, the thing is they have so many different uses, some are plug n go, others might require programming or soldering. So it really depends what you want to do but you don't need any programming ability. If you can follow a youtube tutorial or follow a guide, you're set."

Shall look into it more.

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Usual home tech work and gardening. Was lovely weather for planting. Tomato seeds are already sprouting.

over a year ago

"

I've also picked my guitar back up! I used to play classically and got to around grade 6 (not officially but was going by grade books with my teacher) but haven't played for years! "

I did that with piano; could play but as a kid was always too nervous to sit the actual exams.

The thought of buying a keyboard during lockdown and having a play again has occurred!

over a year ago

"My piano is my lifeblood so I play and practice relentlessly, had a mini concert and party with a few friends on Saturday night via video link great fun.

Should get some little 1 min snippets up on here of you playing. Bring some music to the masses of bored and horny swingers. Haha. If the song titles could be pun based that would be fab haha "

Hmmm Not really in keeping with the type of videos I have seen though, probably will not get approved by admin.

But I just might do that.

over a year ago

"My piano is my lifeblood so I play and practice relentlessly, had a mini concert and party with a few friends on Saturday night via video link great fun.

Should get some little 1 min snippets up on here of you playing. Bring some music to the masses of bored and horny swingers. Haha. If the song titles could be pun based that would be fab haha

Hmmm Not really in keeping with the type of videos I have seen though, probably will not get approved by admin.

But I just might do that."

Always worth a go

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I wonder if my neighbours (I live in a flat) will hate me if I pick my clarinet up.

over a year ago

"I wonder if my neighbours (I live in a flat) will hate me if I pick my clarinet up."

Nah it'll be fine

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Lol

Post new Message to Thread