Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

It’s been 2 weeks since...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

...I clean shaved my beard off. Definitely happier with it growing back!! I’ve uploaded before, afters and current selfies on my profile

Also, did anyone else “BraveTheShave” or shave their hair off? How are guys cutting their hair at home? Seems easier for women than men!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"...I clean shaved my beard off. Definitely happier with it growing back!! I’ve uploaded before, afters and current selfies on my profile

Also, did anyone else “BraveTheShave” or shave their hair off? How are guys cutting their hair at home? Seems easier for women than men!! "

At a push men can get away with just shaving it all off.

Women often have more complex styles that need more maintenance, and are much less likely to be brave enough to shave it all off. I suspect hairdressers will be busy when this is all over.

over a year ago

"

At a push men can get away with just shaving it all off.

Women often have more complex styles that need more maintenance, and are much less likely to be brave enough to shave it all off. I suspect hairdressers will be busy when this is all over."

While that is true, I’ve seen many female friends use “haircut hacks” they’ve got off social media which have been simple in terms of trimming their hair, which is already long. However for guys with short hair, unless they shave it off or have partners which know how to use clippers, there doesn’t seem to be a simple way. I guess the same applies to women with short hair too to be fair.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"...I clean shaved my beard off. Definitely happier with it growing back!! I’ve uploaded before, afters and current selfies on my profile

Also, did anyone else “BraveTheShave” or shave their hair off? How are guys cutting their hair at home? Seems easier for women than men!! "

Mmmm I like Jay from the 4th April best!

Not touched my (short) hair yet as I managed to get it cut just before the lockdown, but it's going to need something soon. Our son also needs his undercut doing with clippers - am going to have to brave buying clippers and scissors online. If it goes tits up, I'll be sporting a close cut

over a year ago

"Mmmm I like Jay from the 4th April best!

Not touched my (short) hair yet as I managed to get it cut just before the lockdown, but it's going to need something soon. Our son also needs his undercut doing with clippers - am going to have to brave buying clippers and scissors online. If it goes tits up, I'll be sporting a close cut "

I didn’t mind it that length. Definitely prefer it longer though

You got a cut just at the right time! Will you post your close cut if it goes wrong

I feel like the fade on the sides for guys is the hard bit!! Good luck with your sons hair!!

over a year ago

North West

"Mmmm I like Jay from the 4th April best!

Not touched my (short) hair yet as I managed to get it cut just before the lockdown, but it's going to need something soon. Our son also needs his undercut doing with clippers - am going to have to brave buying clippers and scissors online. If it goes tits up, I'll be sporting a close cut

I didn’t mind it that length. Definitely prefer it longer though

You got a cut just at the right time! Will you post your close cut if it goes wrong

I feel like the fade on the sides for guys is the hard bit!! Good luck with your sons hair!!"

You're definitely looking hot, hot, hot with the 4th April look

If I have to chop all my hair off, I think I'll cry for a week before posting pics, is that OK?

Mum's Barbershop might have to open for business soon - not exactly confident in my abilities though

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

27th Dec for me, looks soft and silky. Stubble looks good but I don't like the friction burns

over a year ago

I did brave the shave last year after my own battle with cancer xx

over a year ago

"You're definitely looking hot, hot, hot with the 4th April look

If I have to chop all my hair off, I think I'll cry for a week before posting pics, is that OK?

Mum's Barbershop might have to open for business soon - not exactly confident in my abilities though "

Well thanks!

Hmm can’t you post the picture first then cry? We (as in the fab community) can then support you through your week of crying

I’m sure you can do the old upside down bowel technique for your son

over a year ago

"27th Dec for me, looks soft and silky. Stubble looks good but I don't like the friction burns "

Yes that is definitely the length I will be going back to. And I oil my beard so certainly is soft and it does like being stroked

over a year ago

"

I did brave the shave last year after my own battle with cancer xx"

Sounds like you fully committed to it. It feels amazingly different doesn’t it when your feel your scalp like that. I hope you’re doing well now and are in good health

over a year ago

"

I did brave the shave last year after my own battle with cancer xx

Sounds like you fully committed to it. It feels amazingly different doesn’t it when your feel your scalp like that. I hope you’re doing well now and are in good health "

I did and yes I loved it but I've been growing it back since then and yes in remission thanks xx

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

I’m feeling the pain for ladies but mines driving me mad. I think it may have to come off next week.

over a year ago

North West

"I’m feeling the pain for ladies but mines driving me mad. I think it may have to come off next week. "

I just ordered hair clippers and scissors from a well known online source. I fear the outcome of their use

By *DreamOfGenieWoman
over a year ago

London

I did my housemate's hair for him yesterday.

Except I had the clippers upside down and now he's got a 0.5cm all over crop

By *rAitchMan
over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

I shaved my head yesterday, as I do every 3 weeks, but not shaved my face for 3 weeks and now have a nice bushy beard.

Post new Message to Thread