Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Need people to txt through depression

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone willing to chat offline . Looking for fellow sufferers of depression or PTSD.

I find it so much easier opening up to ladies

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Anyone willing to chat offline . Looking for fellow sufferers of depression or PTSD.

I find it so much easier opening up to ladies"

You chat to women in your everyday life?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Anyone willing to chat offline . Looking for fellow sufferers of depression or PTSD.

I find it so much easier opening up to ladies

You chat to women in your everyday life?"

At work yeah but to personal. Like random people I meet on Instagram and stuff. Like no ties to my real life

Reply privately

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Look for profiles with the as they're specifically looking to chat or cam.

You should join in more on the forums, it's a good way to interact with people.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Look for profiles with the as they're specifically looking to chat or cam.

You should join in more on the forums, it's a good way to interact with people."

Tried some but so as I add face pic there like erm nah. Perks of being ugly as sin

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm not sure Fab is a good place for acute mental health help.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm not sure Fab is a good place for acute mental health help."

I'm just looking for friends and said women are easier to talk to lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Agreed. You need to look elsewhere for support OP

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm not sure Fab is a good place for acute mental health help.

Agreed. You need to look elsewhere for support OP "

Again looking for friends is all I want.

Reply privately

By *adame 2SwordsWoman
over a year ago

Victoria, London

you can go through samaritans, they will help

Reply privately

over a year ago

"you can go through samaritans, they will help"

All I'm looking for is friends. That is all just some one to laugh and joke with

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Again looking for friends is all I want. "

On a site like this, limiting it to only women will raise suspicions and will reduce your response rate.

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a site like this, limiting it to only women will raise suspicions and will reduce your response rate."

I haven't I said I find it easier opening up to ladies. I'll talk to anyone lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If you're just looking to chat and take your mind off of things feel free to message me, I've been there and I know how tough it can be. But if you need real help then it might be a good idea to look elsewhere as others above have suggested.

I'm not interested in anything more but I'm always happy to talk to anyone that needs it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a site like this, limiting it to only women will raise suspicions and will reduce your response rate.

I haven't I said I find it easier opening up to ladies. I'll talk to anyone lol. "

You said you find it easier to talk to ladies.

Bring curious, his long before that chat turns to sex?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I haven't I said I find it easier opening up to ladies. I'll talk to anyone lol.

You said you find it easier to talk to ladies.

Bring curious, his long before that chat turns to sex?"

Not at all.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ive suffered with PTSD for twenty years. Im well over the worst of it now. You're welcome to message me bud

Reply privately

over a year ago

I find it easier to talk to men, always have. Some people just do. Hope you find people to chat to op . This situation won’t be helping anyone who suffers from this. x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I find it easier to talk to men, always have. Some people just do. Hope you find people to chat to op . This situation won’t be helping anyone who suffers from this. x "

Totally agree. All I do is night shift sleep night shift sleep

Getting me so down also people judging me is a big one

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I find it easier to talk to men, always have. Some people just do. Hope you find people to chat to op . This situation won’t be helping anyone who suffers from this. x

Getting me so down also people judging me is a big one"

Using an illness to try and get attention is definitely not a good way.

Surely you know that? ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I find it easier to talk to men, always have. Some people just do. Hope you find people to chat to op . This situation won’t be helping anyone who suffers from this. x

Surely you know that? ?"

I'm truly not. I'm looking for people to chat to only. Really upsetting people assume

Reply privately

over a year ago

Surely you know that? ?"

Seriously?? The amount of women who post threads like this about their mental health?! They don’t get comments like this.

This thread is unbelievable considering how much support I’ve seen given to people in general on here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I cant believe out of everyone you're going to sit there and say that. How many threads have you started supporting mental health and now you're going to turn someone away.

Reply privately

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 10/04/20 16:04:48]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Surely you know that? ?

Seriously?? The amount of women who post threads like this about their mental health?! They don’t get comments like this.

This thread is unbelievable considering how much support I’ve seen given to people in general on here. "

I know its disgusting in my book. There being reported do it's ok.

This world Is cruel enough without people seeking others out

Reply privately

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

It isn’t, but everyone deals with it in their own way and if the OP is looking to chat to people that have gone through similar where is the harm.

We see these kind of threads all the time, people reaching out or individuals wishing to listen as someone talks

Don’t knock it

Reply privately

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Surely you know that? ?

This thread is unbelievable considering how much support I’ve seen given to people in general on here. "

I was just going to post something similar

Reply privately

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 10/04/20 16:04:48]"

Thank you

Reply privately

over a year ago

Surely you know that? ?

This thread is unbelievable considering how much support I’ve seen given to people in general on here.

I was just going to post something similar "

Thank you lovely

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yet after merely glancing at his profile, first message from op is how he'd like to be used by a couple like us...

And. I didn't know you were here looking at me via this. People just making assumptions. How can I delete this

You need to ask admin to delete it if you want to. Just ignore the negative people. Besides people aren’t allowed to talk about private messages on here anyway so that comment will probably be deleted

Hopefully. People see my bpd as attention seeking. But its truly a deep hatred of myself and just wanting some people to offload too"

People are inherently suspicious on here about messaging just for chats. Probably not the best place to ask sadly, as a man anyway. Just join in the forum more on threads and even if its a bit of a one way chat you're still getting your thoughts out a bit x

Reply privately

over a year ago

I cant believe out of everyone you're going to sit there and say that. How many threads have you started supporting mental health and now you're going to turn someone away."

Thank you dude

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Surely you know that? ?

I'll own that I post about mental health a lot and I'm openly suspicious here.

I don't think discussing mental health is gendered and it can occasionally be used as an "in". If I've misinterpreted, OP, I'm very sorry.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yet after merely glancing at his profile, first message from op is how he'd like to be used by a couple like us...

And. I didn't know you were here looking at me via this. People just making assumptions. How can I delete this

You need to ask admin to delete it if you want to. Just ignore the negative people. Besides people aren’t allowed to talk about private messages on here anyway so that comment will probably be deleted

Hopefully. People see my bpd as attention seeking. But its truly a deep hatred of myself and just wanting some people to offload too

People are inherently suspicious on here about messaging just for chats. Probably not the best place to ask sadly, as a man anyway. Just join in the forum more on threads and even if its a bit of a one way chat you're still getting your thoughts out a bit x "

I guess my face doesn't fit as it were may just go completely. No one would miss me from here

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I cant believe out of everyone you're going to sit there and say that. How many threads have you started supporting mental health and now you're going to turn someone away."

I'm not turning anyone away. I'm acknowledging the difficulty inherent in seeking support.

When I offer support I do so in a group setting, for the most part, in a way that is never gendered.

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Chin up op. Fabs as best place as any right now.

Are you a member of a fitness forum? I have found they help quite a bit when you are down

Reply privately

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

A pot calling the kettle black moment if i've ever seen one.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I cant believe out of everyone you're going to sit there and say that. How many threads have you started supporting mental health and now you're going to turn someone away.

Thank you dude"

Dont have to thank me. I also find it easier opening to women. All my family are women (apart from inlaws) a lot of my friends are women. Shouldn't be judged for it

Reply privately

By *nvisible_beardMan
over a year ago

near newbridge, wales

If you have bpd look up cbt and find techniques that work for you.

You need to find balance in yourself rather than looking for it from others as then becomes attachment.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Surely you know that? ?

I don't think discussing mental health is gendered and it can occasionally be used as an "in". If I've misinterpreted, OP, I'm very sorry. "

You have. You belittled my struggles and made it worse. All I did was open up and you sought out to side line my issue as I'm a man on a swingers site. We struggle enough to open up. On here were men like me with average looks and bodies are over looked. You heaped attention seeker onto. Very disappointed

Reply privately

over a year ago

Surely you know that? ?

I don't think discussing mental health is gendered and it can occasionally be used as an "in". If I've misinterpreted, OP, I'm very sorry. "

Yes it can. I don’t disagree but not everyone is like that. He could be doing that, I don’t know, or it could be a cry for help. In these situations I believe the benefit of the doubt should be given instead of people making someone worse or even pushing them over the edge.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If you have bpd look up cbt and find techniques that work for you.

You need to find balance in yourself rather than looking for it from others as then becomes attachment."

I'm awaiting my dates. Has I talk over the phone as I can't go to one to one due to work and child care issues.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not turning anyone away. I'm acknowledging the difficulty inherent in seeking support.

When I offer support I do so in a group setting, for the most part, in a way that is never gendered."

It doesn't matter if its group, one to one, gendered or not. You should talk to someone before telling them they're in the wrong place.

I thought you would understand that before anyone else.

Were all going through a shit time as it is

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Chin up op. Fabs as best place as any right now.

Are you a member of a fitness forum? I have found they help quite a bit when you are down "

No I'll talk a look. I'll admit Iam over friendly but that's my bpd and I just over share

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

"Chin up op. Fabs as best place as any right now.

Are you a member of a fitness forum? I have found they help quite a bit when you are down

No I'll talk a look. I'll admit Iam over friendly but that's my bpd and I just over share"

Don’t worry mate it’s cool. You have been upfront about it.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Surely you know that? ?

I don't think discussing mental health is gendered and it can occasionally be used as an "in". If I've misinterpreted, OP, I'm very sorry.

Yes it can. I don’t disagree but not everyone is like that. He could be doing that, I don’t know, or it could be a cry for help. In these situations I believe the benefit of the doubt should be given instead of people making someone worse or even pushing them over the edge. "

Perhaps. My answers were circumspect rather than attacking anyone. Here are the risks of posting in this way in this environment. Which are true.

Reply privately

By *nvisible_beardMan
over a year ago

near newbridge, wales

"If you have bpd look up cbt and find techniques that work for you.

You need to find balance in yourself rather than looking for it from others as then becomes attachment.

I'm awaiting my dates. Has I talk over the phone as I can't go to one to one due to work and child care issues. "

Theres lots of material out there to find coping mechanisms which will help until you are able to do cbt or other courses out there to get you the help you seek.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You're alright bud. I meant that about messaging if you need to n'allowed

Reply privately

over a year ago

When I offer support I do so in a group setting, for the most part, in a way that is never gendered."

You clearly told me here isn't the place. So that is telling me to go away and try somewhere else

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

When I offer support I do so in a group setting, for the most part, in a way that is never gendered.

You clearly told me here isn't the place. So that is telling me to go away and try somewhere else "

No. I said "I'm not sure".

Many have posted about how soul destroying this site can be, how fickle people are, etc. That's true. Particularly when the need is acute.

I was advising caution.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You're alright bud. I meant that about messaging if you need to n'allowed "

Will keep it in mind. Gonna log off soon and chill with some videos on that new video app all the youngsters are on. Very funny

Reply privately

over a year ago

You clearly told me here isn't the place. So that is telling me to go away and try somewhere else

Many have posted about how soul destroying this site can be, how fickle people are, etc. That's true. Particularly when the need is acute.

I was advising caution."

No your one of those people hiding behind stuff

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Agreed. You need to look elsewhere for support OP "

And yet people start threads and get lots of help normally

Reply privately

over a year ago

I was advising caution."

Sure you were

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hopefully. People see my bpd as attention seeking. But its truly a deep hatred of myself and just wanting some people to offload too

People are inherently suspicious on here about messaging just for chats. Probably not the best place to ask sadly, as a man anyway. Just join in the forum more on threads and even if its a bit of a one way chat you're still getting your thoughts out a bit x

I guess my face doesn't fit as it were may just go completely. No one would miss me from here"

It’s not a case of face doesn’t fit. And you’re right, without sounding harsh, nobody would miss you if you left fab but that’s the same for each and everyone of us. I’d suggest interact on the forums, maybe chat to people that way. If nothing else I’m sure you’d probably make a few friends.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And yet people start threads and get lots of help normally"

Guess I dont as I ain't got six pack big cock or good looking

Reply privately

over a year ago

I guess my face doesn't fit as it were may just go completely. No one would miss me from here

It’s not a case of face doesn’t fit. And you’re right, without sounding harsh, nobody would miss you if you left fab but that’s the same for each and everyone of us. I’d suggest interact on the forums, maybe chat to people that way. If nothing else I’m sure you’d probably make a few friends. "

I'll try thank you

Reply privately

over a year ago

I was advising caution."

And this whole thread is a good example of how in an acute situation this isnt a good place, so i think you are right. There is a difference between asking for quite personal private messaging that could be a big ask, and general help in a forum group setting which can be helpful.

Reply privately

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I was advising caution."

Says the person who starts the most anxiety / coping / self help / support threads on fab. The hypocrisy is incredible.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Guess I dont as I ain't got six pack big cock or good looking "

Nothing to do with that. I've said time again that new people are treated differently to people who have been around a while.

Ignore them. No good hypocrites

Reply privately

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

That's not true at all, I think you've got low self esteem it's not about 6 packs and big cocks.

Look at guys around your age and who you consider to be similar looking to yourself and you'll find lots with veris.

I'd come off fab, learn to love myself more then try again.

Good luck with whatever you do

Reply privately

over a year ago

No. I imagine it’s because you’re male and you’re quite new.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

x

I guess my face doesn't fit as it were may just go completely. No one would miss me from here"

Don't do that, the forum is for ALL not for a select few who think you shouldn't post

Stick around, I am sure you will find someone to chat to

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I was advising caution.

And this whole thread is a good example of how in an acute situation this isnt a good place, so i think you are right. There is a difference between asking for quite personal private messaging that could be a big ask, and general help in a forum group setting which can be helpful. "

Quite.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I was advising caution.

And this whole thread is a good example of how in an acute situation this isnt a good place, so i think you are right. There is a difference between asking for quite personal private messaging that could be a big ask, and general help in a forum group setting which can be helpful.

Quite."

Can you please leave my forum

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Most of are in the same boat. I look like a bag of spanners but persevere and it will work out.

Don’t give up lad.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

that is just you, the OP is not you. Please don't put people off posting , especially as you start many a thread about mental health

Reply privately

over a year ago

Guess I dont as I ain't got six pack big cock or good looking

Most of are in the same boat. I look like a bag of spanners but persevere and it will work out.

Don’t give up lad. "

Bet you don't

Reply privately

By *essie.Woman
over a year ago

Serendipity

OP Mind have a forum called elefriends.

Hopefully that might be of some help.

Plus chat in the forums generally. I like the games forum as you can interact without overly thinking about it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"OP Mind have a forum called elefriends.

Hopefully that might be of some help.

Plus chat in the forums generally. I like the games forum as you can interact without overly thinking about it. "

I'll look

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Ok, if you want to make another thread asking for chat I will close this one OP

To anyone else, the forum is for ALL including single men and non regular forum users and not just a select few.

Reply privately