Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

e-cigarettes???

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

..anyone tried them? Do they work?

I've reached the point where I don't really enjoy smoking anymore and it's getting to be a hassle to buy cigs/tobacco with supermarkets banned from displaying them and all outlets banned from 2014 so it's time to quit but I know I won't be able to do it cold turkey.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

have tried them didnt work 4 me

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"have tried them didnt work 4 me

"

can you elaborate please? Did you just not like them? Did the cravings not go away? (they do have nicotine in them so that should satisfy the chemical addiction).

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

iv tried them wishy but they didnt realy do it for me i kept getting a sore throat,

im set to go back on the champix,get it from the docs,they realy worked for me,you dont get cravings because they stop the nicotine receptors in your brain

unfortunatly i started again when i had a drink,stupid realy because i didnt even crave one,good luck

over a year ago

Don't know...but in same boat. Been researching, think I'm going to try one of those vapestick ones...seem to have good reviews.

over a year ago

I started on them just last week, after lots of exhaustive research. I'm sure you've found that there are many types out there, but because they're so new to UK markets there aren't a lot of good reviews. The one I got is supposed to be the nearest thing to a real fag you can get. You can get progressively lower-level nicotine "cartomisers" which I'm hoping will help me give up. They weigh more than a normal fag, but apart from that, they're very similar. You inhale a water vapour that can give you a good kick to the back of your throat. Even the tip glows red realistically! So far, I've successfully replaced about 5 fags a day using the e-cig. The one I have is called Freshcig and you can get a sample pack for under a fiver or a starter pack for about £12.

over a year ago

I just visited a Champix info site as I hadn't heard of this before, but regarding E-Fags, it had this to say:

Electronic Cigarettes contain nicotine, but no tar or tobacco. However, they are not intended to be a nicotine replacement therapy nor are they intended to be an aid to stopping smoking

ictt

over a year ago

"I just visited a Champix info site as I hadn't heard of this before, but regarding E-Fags, it had this to say:

Electronic Cigarettes contain nicotine, but no tar or tobacco. However, they are not intended to be a nicotine replacement therapy nor are they intended to be an aid to stopping smoking

ictt"

This is true, but you do get away from the tobacco poisons, and the nicotine levels are the same or less than you get in the patches/gum etc. Champix made me vomit quite regularly.

over a year ago

Just read Alan Carr far cheaper and not replacing 1 habit with another

over a year ago

I have smoked on and off more on than off for most of my life now. Tried the patches n everything. Thing I find that stops me from smoking these days is simply just beind surrounded by none smokers as when im with some one who dont smoke I dont feel the need for one. Yet put me around a smoker and for some strange reason I just want to light up out of habbit after sometimes not having one for maybe 2weeks

By *icksfocusMan
over a year ago

Pontefract

there was a cpl 2 weeks ago in partners smoking the e cigarettes, i asked them if they worked and said they had not had a cig for a year and they used to be on 40 a day, plus you can use them indoors

over a year ago

worked here for us

Mr B is on miniciggy with the cartomisers and that works well for him and i never thought i'd see the day he would give up but i think it was around mid feb he last smoked i'm so proud of how well he has done

i'm on totally wicked it has a liquid you add it and i found this smoother on my throat they also do different flavours mine is chocolate, obviously , although its an incredibly subtle flavour

i've been using mine since jan and i stopped using it regularly mid march but i still take it with me on nights out just to stop me being tempted to have a real one whilst drinking

we couldn't recommend them highly enough

good luck treacle whatever route you decide on

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I've given up with almost everything apart from e-cigs...Champix pills have been most successful for me (20 months and counting...will consider myself a proper ex-smoker when I have my 2 year anniversary)....there's potential side effects to Champix which your quack or quit the counsellor will go thru with you, but all I had was a few weeks slightly disturbed sleep and my dreams were a bit more vivid than normal (had a coupla sexy ones that I can still remember and wow....but I digress)....Good Luck with whatever you go with, I reckon if you're at the point where you wanna give up for yourself and are sick of being a smoker, you should do ok...xxx

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

"I've given up with almost everything apart from e-cigs...Champix pills have been most successful for me (20 months and counting...will consider myself a proper ex-smoker when I have my 2 year anniversary)....there's potential side effects to Champix which your quack or quit the counsellor will go thru with you, but all I had was a few weeks slightly disturbed sleep and my dreams were a bit more vivid than normal (had a coupla sexy ones that I can still remember and wow....but I digress)....Good Luck with whatever you go with, I reckon if you're at the point where you wanna give up for yourself and are sick of being a smoker, you should do ok...xxx"
ive been stopped for 3 years on these pill all i had was a bit of blood pressure they worked for me ex 30 a day smoker

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

I am 5 weeks smoke free now using Niquitin clear patches and have found it pretty easy. Go careful with the Champix they can have some nasty side effects for some people.

over a year ago

"I am 5 weeks smoke free now using Niquitin clear patches and have found it pretty easy. Go careful with the Champix they can have some nasty side effects for some people."

Champix caused black suicidal depression... I was damned near sectioned...

over a year ago

"I have smoked on and off more on than off for most of my life now. Tried the patches n everything. Thing I find that stops me from smoking these days is simply just beind surrounded by none smokers as when im with some one who dont smoke I dont feel the need for one. Yet put me around a smoker and for some strange reason I just want to light up out of habbit after sometimes not having one for maybe 2weeks"
Thats the problem i had being around other smokers..but will try again soon.

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

"I am 5 weeks smoke free now using Niquitin clear patches and have found it pretty easy. Go careful with the Champix they can have some nasty side effects for some people.

Champix caused black suicidal depression... I was damned near sectioned...

"

shit happens

over a year ago

I downloaded a stop smoking hypnosis app, it was fantastic, I slept like a baby and never gave smoking another thought until I went to visit my son in a country were smoking is still allowed everywhere and . . . . . . back to half a pack a day

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

I tried champix but made me realy ill had e-cigarettes for a few months now and find them satisfying and cheaper although I understand they wont be for everyone.

By *eighleedsMan
over a year ago

leeds

"worked here for us

Mr B is on miniciggy with the cartomisers and that works well for him and i never thought i'd see the day he would give up but i think it was around mid feb he last smoked i'm so proud of how well he has done

i'm on totally wicked it has a liquid you add it and i found this smoother on my throat they also do different flavours mine is chocolate, obviously , although its an incredibly subtle flavour

i've been using mine since jan and i stopped using it regularly mid march but i still take it with me on nights out just to stop me being tempted to have a real one whilst drinking

we couldn't recommend them highly enough

good luck treacle whatever route you decide on

xxxxxxxxxxxxx"

i use the TW Tornado tank along with the lackcurrent liquid, love it

You can alo buy flavour free base liquid, and small bottles of the different flavours so that you can make up your own combinations

By *eighleedsMan
over a year ago

leeds

juast a thought on E-Cigs, do people who only meet non smokers consider E-Cig users as non smokers?

over a year ago

Niquitin mist spray, it's brilliant

over a year ago

"Niquitin mist spray, it's brilliant "

Yukkkkk I tried that its disgusting

over a year ago

"there was a cpl 2 weeks ago in partners smoking the e cigarettes, i asked them if they worked and said they had not had a cig for a year and they used to be on 40 a day, plus you can use them indoors"

That is what concerns me, a year later they are still in effect smoking, just not cigarettes, replacing one addiction with another. Research has shown that people can get addicted to nicotine replacement, so maybe cold turkey is the only way

over a year ago

"there was a cpl 2 weeks ago in partners smoking the e cigarettes, i asked them if they worked and said they had not had a cig for a year and they used to be on 40 a day, plus you can use them indoors

That is what concerns me, a year later they are still in effect smoking, just not cigarettes, replacing one addiction with another. Research has shown that people can get addicted to nicotine replacement, so maybe cold turkey is the only way"

Thats why I have become very boring and bang on about reading Alan Carr

over a year ago

"there was a cpl 2 weeks ago in partners smoking the e cigarettes, i asked them if they worked and said they had not had a cig for a year and they used to be on 40 a day, plus you can use them indoors

That is what concerns me, a year later they are still in effect smoking, just not cigarettes, replacing one addiction with another. Research has shown that people can get addicted to nicotine replacement, so maybe cold turkey is the only way

Thats why I have become very boring and bang on about reading Alan Carr "

So let us in on your secret and tell us which is the best one to start with as there seem to be so many

over a year ago

So let us in on your secret and tell us which is the best one to start with as there seem to be so many"

Alan Carr the easy way to stop smoking, its not the comedian btw. Get it from amazon for a cpl pound and just read it.Dont ask me how it works its full of complete twaddle and repeats its self over and over but just read it

over a year ago

So let us in on your secret and tell us which is the best one to start with as there seem to be so many

Alan Carr the easy way to stop smoking, its not the comedian btw. Get it from amazon for a cpl pound and just read it.Dont ask me how it works its full of complete twaddle and repeats its self over and over but just read it "

I have just been there and wish listed the smoking guide for women, will sort on pay day next Friday, thanks

over a year ago

Alan Carr the easy way to stop smoking, its not the comedian btw. Get it from amazon for a cpl pound and just read it.Dont ask me how it works its full of complete twaddle and repeats its self over and over but just read it

I have just been there and wish listed the smoking guide for women, will sort on pay day next Friday, thanks "

I used the easy way to stop smoking not that one so cant comment on it sorry.

over a year ago

That is what concerns me, a year later they are still in effect smoking, just not cigarettes, replacing one addiction with another. Research has shown that people can get addicted to nicotine replacement, so maybe cold turkey is the only way"

They are not in effect smoking at all, its no different to nicotine spray or nicotine patches as they are just a method of nicotine replacement and like all of the other methods you can reduce the ammount you take until eventually you don't need it at all, some will do it in months some in years but surely as long as it reaches the same conclusion eventually that's all that matters

Post new Message to Thread