Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Acrylic painting

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hello

I am not entirely sure that this is the right place for this question, but I’m interested in learning how to paint with acrylics, using brushes and palette knives.

Does anyone have any experience of this style of painting?

I’ve found a few starter kits online, but was curious if anyone could provide any tips/helpful guidance.

Thanks in advance you sexy fuckers!

Will x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

It’s not just that I’m bored !

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

I’ve never used them, only water colours. Im sure if you google it (other browsers available, you’ll find videos and tutorials to help you pick your materials and get started

over a year ago

"I’ve never used them, only water colours. Im sure if you google it (other browsers available, you’ll find videos and tutorials to help you pick your materials and get started "
m

Thanks

I’ve googled already, I was just after personal advice and referral, but apparently this topic isn’t as hot as “rate me rate me”, or “would you duck my wife with your friends bicycle pump”. Lol

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

Check out some artists on Youtube for some great palette knife tips and for a lot of content to see those tips in action... there's some great abstract artists that really show off a variety of technique

over a year ago

"Check out some artists on Youtube for some great palette knife tips and for a lot of content to see those tips in action... there's some great abstract artists that really show off a variety of technique "

Thanks. Just found a guy with a channel called wow art, he’s incredible. Looks very difficult though! Was after understanding what basic kit I need

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

"Check out some artists on Youtube for some great palette knife tips and for a lot of content to see those tips in action... there's some great abstract artists that really show off a variety of technique

Thanks. Just found a guy with a channel called wow art, he’s incredible. Looks very difficult though! Was after understanding what basic kit I need "

There's different thoughts on what to start with depending on who you listen to...

I'd probably just go to the Hobbycraft website and pick out whatever looks fun to ya, there's so many variations on how to express

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Just muck about with it and experiment.

Use brushes and palette knives, spread it thickly and scrape it off, make it smooth or rough. Lots you can do. Enjoy it

over a year ago

"Check out some artists on Youtube for some great palette knife tips and for a lot of content to see those tips in action... there's some great abstract artists that really show off a variety of technique

Thanks. Just found a guy with a channel called wow art, he’s incredible. Looks very difficult though! Was after understanding what basic kit I need

There's different thoughts on what to start with depending on who you listen to...

I'd probably just go to the Hobbycraft website and pick out whatever looks fun to ya, there's so many variations on how to express "

Thank you, mate!

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"I’ve never used them, only water colours. Im sure if you google it (other browsers available, you’ll find videos and tutorials to help you pick your materials and get started m

Thanks

I’ve googled already, I was just after personal advice and referral, but apparently this topic isn’t as hot as “rate me rate me”, or “would you duck my wife with your friends bicycle pump”. Lol

"

Haha no it’s not. There are a couple of artists here, so they might pop in and help

over a year ago

"Hello

I am not entirely sure that this is the right place for this question, but I’m interested in learning how to paint with acrylics, using brushes and palette knives.

I’ve found a few starter kits online, but was curious if anyone could provide any tips/helpful guidance.

Will x "

Dunno if anyone else has mentioned this but learning how to make a wet pallet is vital for acrylic painting

over a year ago

"Hello

Will x

Dunno if anyone else has mentioned this but learning how to make a wet pallet is vital for acrylic painting"

What’s one of those?! Thanks

over a year ago

"Hello

Will x

Dunno if anyone else has mentioned this but learning how to make a wet pallet is vital for acrylic painting

What’s one of those?! Thanks "

Its easy enough to make one. You need a wide waterproof tray or dish, a couple of thick layers of blotting paper and a sheet of baking or greaseproof paper. Put the blotting paper in the tray, wet it so its nice and damp but not dripping. And then lay the greaseproof paper on top. You can then squeeze your paints onto it and they wont dry out in minutes which happens with acrylics.you can then stretch some clingfilm over the tray and your paints will stay good overnight.

over a year ago

"Hello

Will x

Its easy enough to make one. You need a wide waterproof tray or dish, a couple of thick layers of blotting paper and a sheet of baking or greaseproof paper. Put the blotting paper in the tray, wet it so its nice and damp but not dripping. And then lay the greaseproof paper on top. You can then squeeze your paints onto it and they wont dry out in minutes which happens with acrylics.you can then stretch some clingfilm over the tray and your paints will stay good overnight."

That’s great advice Thanks

over a year ago

"Hello

Will x

Its easy enough to make one. You need a wide waterproof tray or dish, a couple of thick layers of blotting paper and a sheet of baking or greaseproof paper. Put the blotting paper in the tray, wet it so its nice and damp but not dripping. And then lay the greaseproof paper on top. You can then squeeze your paints onto it and they wont dry out in minutes which happens with acrylics.you can then stretch some clingfilm over the tray and your paints will stay good overnight.

That’s great advice Thanks "

You're welcome bud. Acrylics are a great medium. Learn how to stretch paper for painting on as well

Post new Message to Thread