Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Dalglish

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Liverpool fans are saying, they need to appoint and manager with a proven track record to succeed Dalglish, and not an up and coming young manager, with little exp, well you have just sacked 1 so that proves that did not work,

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *onghMan
over a year ago

cardiff

Depends which Liverpool fans you're hearing from because this one isn't saying that! After the Tom & Jerry fiasco what the club needed was a period stability and evidence from the new owners that they had the interest of the club at heart. The sacking of Dalglish and the failure to move on the new stadium / Anfield re-development speaks volumes for where their priorities lie - clearly milking Liverpool as a cash cow for their Stateside franchises.

By *himanMan
over a year ago

chichester

rafa benitez to return i hope

By *edbagioMan
over a year ago

ripon

"rafa benitez to return i hope"
me too but i follow utd

By *ortheastcoupleukCouple
over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

tbh bought half a team ,takes longer to blend than a season 2 cup finals was cany the 70s n 80s will take sum catching again ,would of given another season like.

By *onghMan
over a year ago

cardiff

"rafa benitez to return i hopeme too but i follow utd "

Leeds?

By *onghMan
over a year ago

cardiff

Please, no. Have you forgotten the dross played under him?

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

"Depends which Liverpool fans you're hearing from because this one isn't saying that! After the Tom & Jerry fiasco what the club needed was a period stability and evidence from the new owners that they had the interest of the club at heart. The sacking of Dalglish and the failure to move on the new stadium / Anfield re-development speaks volumes for where their priorities lie - clearly milking Liverpool as a cash cow for their Stateside franchises."

do you REALLY believe they are milking liverpool financially?

could you PLEASE give me details of the balance sheets where the Fenway group ave taken out more than they have put in?

lets face it, they gave Droopy MILLIONS to buy average players, even the fat spanish waiters players he bought, with potential, have started playing well now.

no, im sorry, i disagree. the ONLY thing Fenway have done is listen to the idiot liverpool fans that hounded Hoodgeson out because they wanted Droopy in.

liverpool fans deserve all they get!

By *edbagioMan
over a year ago

ripon

"rafa benitez to return i hopeme too but i follow utd

Leeds?"

man utd sorry

By *onghMan
over a year ago

cardiff

Droopy and the fat spanish waiter? Really? How pathetic you are.

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

"Droopy and the fat spanish waiter? Really? How pathetic you are."

please expand on your rather short post.

if you are to insult, think it out and give reasoning, or is that too difficult?

By *onghMan
over a year ago

cardiff

You insult Dalglish and Benitez by referring to them as Droopy and fat spanish waiter respectively. That's insulting and uncalled for. Clear enough for you?

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

[Removed by poster at 16/05/12 19:30:37]

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Liverpool fans are saying, they need to appoint and manager with a proven track record to succeed Dalglish, and not an up and coming young manager, with little exp, well you have just sacked 1 so that proves that did not work,"

Dalgleish was a marked man after the Suarez nonsense I reckon. This was all the excuse needed to bin him. He was out of his depth in the modern game and would be best trotting back off to Portugal to play golf.

Hodgson for Liverpool anyone? Well he has pedigree and he is the national manager.

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

"You insult Dalglish and Benitez by referring to them as Droopy and fat spanish waiter respectively. That's insulting and uncalled for. Clear enough for you?"

you STILL havent explained your reasoning behind saying the Fenway group are milking liverpool.

compared to the other big clubs, thier turnover is minimal.

they gave Dalglish (happy?) over £100mil to spend since he came in.

where is the milking??????

instead of moaning about nicknames given to people, try giving a reasoned argument to back up your opinion.

what are they milking?

By *onghMan
over a year ago

cardiff

Dalglish has not had £100m to spend since his return. Most of the money spent was simply re-investing from the sales of Torres, Babel and other deadwood shipped out. FSG have put very little money into the club - you don't need a balance sheet to know that.

They've been in charge for well over 18 months now and have done absolutely nothing to move forward on the ground.

Torres was quoted on leaving as saying one of the reasons being the new owners weren't delivering what they promised!

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

"Dalglish has not had £100m to spend since his return. Most of the money spent was simply re-investing from the sales of Torres, Babel and other deadwood shipped out. FSG have put very little money into the club - you don't need a balance sheet to know that.

They've been in charge for well over 18 months now and have done absolutely nothing to move forward on the ground.

Torres was quoted on leaving as saying one of the reasons being the new owners weren't delivering what they promised!"

werent hicks and gillet meant to have delivered a ground too?

were liverpool, by thier own chief executives own admission, days away rom administration when fenway came in?

babel went on a free, the sales of everyone else DIDNT come to 100mil.

carrol £35mil

suarez £27mil

downing £15mil

henderson £20

is that not 100mil, or there abouts?

over a year ago

to be honest only suarez could be said to be worth his fee, the rest is your typical overhyped english player. One good season or an england cap puts 10 million on their value, or about 25 million in Carrol's case, and thats being generous to Carrol. Dalglish bought terribly in the transfer market.

over a year ago

Wonder if Gary Neville will get an interview for King Fanny's job

over a year ago

"to be honest only suarez could be said to be worth his fee, the rest is your typical overhyped english player. One good season or an england cap puts 10 million on their value, or about 25 million in Carrol's case, and thats being generous to Carrol. Dalglish bought terribly in the transfer market."

I'm no fan of Liverpool but the 3 English players they bought in should be judged after this season coming, they've had time to settle and know what playing for a semi big club feels like, so maybe they will kick on in the new season, Carrol could go to the euros and be spectacular like rooneys 1st tournament .

The Americans have just reinvested liverpools own money 50m of it was just the Torres transfer so it's not like they have dug deep, it's going to be so hard for Liverpool to challenge now , what top player would choose them over the top 5 ? Challenging for honours will be near impossible what with the city money , arsenals turnover will kick in soon , man u will invest(has anyone watched Kagawa ? Wow) spurs will invest and roman will prob start splashing It again soon too, I think they will struggle to get champ league never mind winning the thing

over a year ago

"Dalglish has not had £100m to spend since his return. Most of the money spent was simply re-investing from the sales of Torres, Babel and other deadwood shipped out. FSG have put very little money into the club - you don't need a balance sheet to know that.

Torres was quoted on leaving as saying one of the reasons being the new owners weren't delivering what they promised!

were liverpool, by thier own chief executives own admission, days away rom administration when fenway came in?

carrol £35mil

suarez £27mil

downing £15mil

henderson £20

is that not 100mil, or there abouts?"

Not quite right the reported fees are as follows

Sold

Raul Meireles £12M

Paul Konchesky1.5M

Ryan Babel £5.8M

Christian Poulsen 1M

David Ngog £4M

Chris Mavinga £1M

Sotirios Kyrgiakos £1.5M

Fernando Torres £50M

Total = 76.3M

Bought

Luis Suarez £23M

Andy Carrol £35M

Jordan Henderson £16M

Charlie Adam £7M

Stewart Downing £18M

Jose Enrique £6M

Sebastian Coates £7M

Spent = 112M

So total spent is 35.7M which is pretty average for the Premier.

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

carrol £35mil

suarez £27mil

downing £15mil

henderson £20

Sold

Raul Meireles £12M

Paul Konchesky1.5M

Ryan Babel £5.8M

Christian Poulsen 1M

David Ngog £4M

Chris Mavinga £1M

Sotirios Kyrgiakos £1.5M

Fernando Torres £50M

Total = 76.3M

Bought

Luis Suarez £23M

Andy Carrol £35M

Jordan Henderson £16M

Charlie Adam £7M

Stewart Downing £18M

Jose Enrique £6M

Sebastian Coates £7M

Spent = 112M

"

thank you for more accurate accounting figures, appreciated.

but still doesnt show where the Fenway are milking the club.

yes, they havent spent abramovich or city money, but jesus, liverpools turnover cant be anywhere near that of the clubs that finished in the top 4 this year (maybe even Newcastle also, but not sure)

will liverpool fans take finishing 10th the next 5 years so they can spend al the player money on a stadium, so that long term they can get the top table players?

of course they wont.

look at arsenal.

great new stadium yet still want success, and moan like billyo about not winning shit for 6 years.

me? i would be happy with a nice big stadium and challenging year in year out, and being financially in a much better state than ANY other club in the top division.

but then, cant please some people.

over a year ago

They're certainly not paupers. Fenway are spending the amount of money a team at their level should be spending, decent money for a team that doesn't win very often.

If you pool fans want a new stadium to finance bigger signings you're gonna have to bide your time while the finances are put in place to build it. Took them years to get Boston to win the world series.

Dalglish was the wrong choice anyway.

over a year ago

One thing I've learned in football these days: When a club owner says "His job is safe," start writing out your resume.

By *nJ_NW_cplCouple
over a year ago

wirral

carrol £35mil

suarez £27mil

downing £15mil

henderson £20

Sold

Raul Meireles £12M

Paul Konchesky1.5M

Ryan Babel £5.8M

Christian Poulsen 1M

David Ngog £4M

Chris Mavinga £1M

Sotirios Kyrgiakos £1.5M

Fernando Torres £50M

Total = 76.3M

Bought

Luis Suarez £23M

Andy Carrol £35M

Jordan Henderson £16M

Charlie Adam £7M

Stewart Downing £18M

Jose Enrique £6M

Sebastian Coates £7M

Spent = 112M

thank you for more accurate accounting figures, appreciated.

but still doesnt show where the Fenway are milking the club.

yes, they havent spent abramovich or city money, but jesus, liverpools turnover cant be anywhere near that of the clubs that finished in the top 4 this year (maybe even Newcastle also, but not sure)

will liverpool fans take finishing 10th the next 5 years so they can spend al the player money on a stadium, so that long term they can get the top table players?

of course they wont.

look at arsenal.

great new stadium yet still want success, and moan like billyo about not winning shit for 6 years.

me? i would be happy with a nice big stadium and challenging year in year out, and being financially in a much better state than ANY other club in the top division.

but then, cant please some people."

The last available accounts show Liverpool with the 8th highest revenue in the world (only united arsenal and Chelsea earn more in UK) with 225.3million so there is still a few quid coming in

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

see... this is why i am laughing at liverpool fans... NOW they say give kenny time to turn it around... I see they didn't give the same sort of grace to Roy Hodgson...

oh yeah.. he wasn't "one of theirs"......

kenny spent lots of money on average players... most managers didn't have that luxury... when Comoli left, kenny said they were his signings... the writing was on the wall!

kennys PR was awful in relation to suarez and the way he handled himself in interviews..

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

[Removed by poster at 16/05/12 21:51:48]

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

A lot of people say managers are out of touch with the fans..Well at least Kenny has something in common with his ex clubs fans...he is on the dole too!

By *entadreadMan
over a year ago

Essex

I am a Liverpool fan , and I love King Kenny, but I think he falls under the "Unlucky Manager" category. He bought badly, some managers have the knack,like Harry Redknapp, David Moyes,Fergie, others don't, like Hodgson.

The number of times, I have wreathed in agony, pulled my hair, howled in anger this season,this has been worse than Houllier's last few months at Anfield.

I am sorry but Kenny had to go, and I think FSG had no choice but to do the deed.

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

"I am a Liverpool fan , and I love King Kenny, but I think he falls under the "Unlucky Manager" category. He bought badly, some managers have the knack,like Harry Redknapp, David Moyes,Fergie, others don't, like Hodgson.

The number of times, I have wreathed in agony, pulled my hair, howled in anger this season,this has been worse than Houllier's last few months at Anfield.

I am sorry but Kenny had to go, and I think FSG had no choice but to do the deed. "

i dunno, redknapp and fergie have bought some right plums over the years.

fergie has just got away with it a lot better.

redknapp brought a player that had mental issues and then was suprised he had a breakdown, and another that got homesick for oxford.

fergie, jesus, there is a list as long as my arm (djemba djemba heads the fekker lol)

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

It just goes to show how fickle football is..especially premiership football.

I know these foreign owners know nothing about 'soccer ball' but do they actually realise that not every team in the premier can finish in the top three????..its not a franchise like some some of the overseas leagues..teams actually get relegated..they cant all win every week.

Kenny did very well,next season Liverpool could win the league, who knows...sad state of affairs when two cups finals and decent position in the league etc is seen as a failure

No loyalties any more,the modern game is a crock of shit.

By *he Happy ManMan
over a year ago

Merseyside

Yes either him or houllier. I am an evertonian tough.

By *ethany10Couple
over a year ago

falkirk

"rafa benitez to return i hopeme too but i follow utd "

Post new Message to Thread