Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Queens speech

Jump to newest

By *ovegames42 OP   Man
over a year ago

london

The queen to address the nation on Sunday evening “ this is unprecedented “.

To be concerned or not

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

God Save the Queen ( salutes)

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman
over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

Probably nothing to worry about, she may only be selling her palaces to feed her subjects.

By *ovegames42 OP   Man
over a year ago

london

"God Save the Queen ( salutes) "

over a year ago

Now it really feels like Christmas.

By *dward_TeagueMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

Why would be any more concerned than we already are?

I don’t watch her Christmas Day speech but will probably watch tomorrow out of idle curiosity and because there’s fuck all else to do at the moment.

By *oxladMan
over a year ago

WORKSOP

She should announce she’s opening a Palace as a Field Hospital! Or taking a pay cut!

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

If it was anything important it wouldn't be the Queen announcing it. I'm thinking it will probably be to ask eejits to stay indoors over the Easter holidays.

over a year ago

The nation is in a period of unrest

She’ll address the nation because of that.

There’s so much scaremongering going on

By *oxladMan
over a year ago

WORKSOP

Yes a pointless speech really!

over a year ago

I reckon she’s gonna plead for toilet roll

By *unkym34Man
over a year ago

London

It’s to try and prevent the predictable riots that will take place over Easter

over a year ago

"The nation is in a period of unrest

She’ll address the nation because of that.

There’s so much scaremongering going on"

. Yep, she’s a steady and calming influence for many. It’s her way of contributing and we shouldn’t knock it. She has led through so many things, and has simple wisdom gained through experience. Her Christmas message about uniting after Brexit, and that it takes time, bit by bit, comparing it to building relationships with Germany after the world wars was profoundly simple, but true

By *essie.Woman
over a year ago

Serendipity

The older generation especially will appreciate it.

over a year ago

"I reckon she’s gonna plead for toilet roll "

over a year ago

"If it was anything important it wouldn't be the Queen announcing it. I'm thinking it will probably be to ask eejits to stay indoors over the Easter holidays. "

This... And thanking those of us who have been keeping indoors.

By *hy_bangor_bi-girlWoman
over a year ago

Bangor

Don't think it will be anything too drastic just to preserve and still to lockdown.. But can't help feeling its a bit late and should have been done 2 weeks ago?

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Our Queenie

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

"The queen to address the nation on Sunday evening “ this is unprecedented “.

To be concerned or not "

I'm not concerned, I think I can take her if she challenges me.

By *hloevtTV/TS
over a year ago

norwich

Queen Lillybet gets my full respect and I will listen to her guidance and wisdom.

Xx Xx

Wish I could borrow one of her tiaras xx

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

To be concerned or not

I'm not concerned, I think I can take her if she challenges me. "

Now that I'd watch

By *eeBee67Man
over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Not really un-precedented.

But I do like a conspiracy.....

Last non christmas speeches, death if Princess Diana, death of Queen Mum.....

Prince Phillip?

over a year ago

"The older generation especially will appreciate it."

I figured this might be the reason as well, both to maybe add a calming voice for people continually identified as the vulnerable (whether they feel vulnerable or not) and also to get the message over from a voice older folk might listen to.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

A lot of people respect and look up to the monarch, or used to. I think fewer will be influenced by what she says than by WW2 speeches by George 6th we're living in a very different society. Someone living cooped up in a high rise flat with four kids and a miserable partner having lost their income is unlikely to be comforted or motivated by an immensely wealthy woman broadcasting from just one room that's larger than their entire living accommodation, asking them to stay home, keep the home fires burning and lay orf Boris.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Still think it would be more interesting if Queeny Leviosa addressed the nation .

Can you imagine

By *ikesEmBigMan
over a year ago

Herts

Zzzzzz

over a year ago

She will come in shouting bog rolls bog rolls 10 for a tenner !!!!!!!!!

By *V-AliceTV/TS
over a year ago

Ayr

To be concerned or not "

Not. It will have absolutely no impact. She is a figurehead with no power. She does the government's bidding. She knows her place.

By *eeBee67Man
over a year ago

Masked and Distant

"A lot of people respect and look up to the monarch, or used to. I think fewer will be influenced by what she says than by WW2 speeches by George 6th we're living in a very different society. Someone living cooped up in a high rise flat with four kids and a miserable partner having lost their income is unlikely to be comforted or motivated by an immensely wealthy woman broadcasting from just one room that's larger than their entire living accommodation, asking them to stay home, keep the home fires burning and lay orf Boris."

You mean just like in WW2? 8 people crammed into a back to back with an outside toilet, money only coming in from one fella who was about to be forced into the army and sent off to get shot at?

Some people wont pay any attention to it, some will like it, some will take comfort from it.

I would expect the titular head of the country to address the nation, and I will be watching.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"A lot of people respect and look up to the monarch, or used to. I think fewer will be influenced by what she says than by WW2 speeches by George 6th we're living in a very different society. Someone living cooped up in a high rise flat with four kids and a miserable partner having lost their income is unlikely to be comforted or motivated by an immensely wealthy woman broadcasting from just one room that's larger than their entire living accommodation, asking them to stay home, keep the home fires burning and lay orf Boris.

You mean just like in WW2? 8 people crammed into a back to back with an outside toilet, money only coming in from one fella who was about to be forced into the army and sent off to get shot at?

Some people wont pay any attention to it, some will like it, some will take comfort from it.

I would expect the titular head of the country to address the nation, and I will be watching."

Yes I understand that conditions were probably worse in WW2. My point is that it's society that's different.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'll be watching too. I think if the monarch is addressing the nation it's signifies the gravity of the situation we face

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

She will reinforce the message to stay home due to the change in warmer weather where everyone will be tempted to venture out

I would expect no less of our monarch

By *d cfcMan
over a year ago

CHESTERFIELD

not just the nation, she is speaking to the Commonwealth! it might be her last chance , as its not something she does very often!

By *J swingCouple
over a year ago

North

She is going to tell the

nation she is stepping down and giving the job to William as she font like Charles.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

She is just looking out for us all and any kind words will be appreciated.

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

I hardly pay any attention to the royals. They seem so irrelevant to me.

I doubt I'll listen to her speech. I'll catch up through the news. I don't particularly need to hear somebody say "We're all terribly rich so we'll be OK if you all loose your jobs. Charles owns Cornwall, you know. But we'll be thinking about you poor people as we sit in our castles and palaces. Chin up."

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

She's probably going to try to find a proper girlfriend for Andrew!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I hardly pay any attention to the royals. They seem so irrelevant to me.

I doubt I'll listen to her speech. I'll catch up through the news. I don't particularly need to hear somebody say "We're all terribly rich so we'll be OK if you all loose your jobs. Charles owns Cornwall, you know. But we'll be thinking about you poor people as we sit in our castles and palaces. Chin up." "

I think that's the difference now, people can't see the relevance of the royal family to their own life. Lots of us no longer see them as our betters or ourselves as subject to them so are less likely to be influenced by what they say.

I'm ambivalent towards them. I think they need to drastically change to remain relevant but as ever will only do so when forced in to it but I don't think we should scrap them altogether

over a year ago

I’d love it if she sat down with a cigar in her hand with her feet resting on the back of the Royal Gimp who is on all fours and just says “fuck this I’m away to that Caribbean island ma sister used to get pissed at and by the way - Charlie Willie Katie and yer three perfect kids George and the other two well you’ve no got the gig - King Harry and Queen Meghan it’s all yours and the Daily Mail can get to fuck”

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

"I’d love it if she sat down with a cigar in her hand with her feet resting on the back of the Royal Gimp who is on all fours and just says “fuck this I’m away to that Caribbean island ma sister used to get pissed at and by the way - Charlie Willie Katie and yer three perfect kids George and the other two well you’ve no got the gig - King Harry and Queen Meghan it’s all yours and the Daily Mail can get to fuck”

"

She'd also suggest the Daily Express should fuck off with their endless Diana stories!!!

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

We will be watching the Queen. The Royal family is important and good for our country. The work they do behind the scene is vast and often appreciated.

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

And theres me thinking Freddie had come out of hiding and was announcing hes kicking Adam Lambert out of the band and releasing a new queen album

By *hatHappensNextCouple
over a year ago

Essex, near basildon

"She is just looking out for us all and any kind words will be appreciated."

Totally agree, whatever you think of the royals and queen, she will be simply looking out for us. Let’s get behind our royal family as we should each other x

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

Nothing to worry about. It’s just a positive message in tough times

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"And theres me thinking Freddie had come out of hiding and was announcing hes kicking Adam Lambert out of the band and releasing a new queen album "

over a year ago

Hopefully she is telling the nation that all of the royals are stepping down to become regular people! The lot of them are a waste of space!

over a year ago

I know someone whose brother carried the cables for the sound engineer. Spoiler alert...

To cheer us all up she's going to sing, dance and do a frankly unsettling trick with ping pong balls

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I know someone whose brother carried the cables for the sound engineer. Spoiler alert...

To cheer us all up she's going to sing, dance and do a frankly unsettling trick with ping pong balls "

There was a time when you'd have been locked up in the tower for that

By *V-AliceTV/TS
over a year ago

Ayr

Apparently, she's due to say this:

"I hope in the years to come everyone will be able to take pride in how they responded to this challenge."

Even the toilet roll hoarders?

And also this:

"And those who come after us will say that the Britons of this generation were as strong as any."

Well, if they do say that - and they aren't talking about those who provide us with essential services - they'll be wrong.

over a year ago

Have we missed it ?

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"Have we missed it ?"

20.00 tonight