Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hands up...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Who loves their mum? I love my mum.She's ace.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uicy jonesMan
over a year ago

near a big hill in s/ shropshire NOT in

Both hands up

She my hero , and the best xxx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I do

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

Me...hats off to my mom. love her dearly

over a year ago

I do. I miss her. Can’t wait to see her (properly) again.

over a year ago

I've been back chatting with my mum for a year now after a huge fall out that last almost 10 years! It's great to have her back in my life.

over a year ago

Cherish your mothers I still miss mines 15 years on, bless the mammas

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

Hands up!

My mama is a complete shady bitch. She makes me laugh and react with horror at the stuff she comes out with. My hero! I wouldn't change her for the world.

over a year ago

"I've been back chatting with my mum for a year now after a huge fall out that last almost 10 years! It's great to have her back in my life."

Thats great bud. I was estranged from my family for a long time as well.

By *uicy jonesMan
over a year ago

"I've been back chatting with my mum for a year now after a huge fall out that last almost 10 years! It's great to have her back in my life."

Good for you , life's too short for bitterness

over a year ago

Mine is my nan , she took me on when I was a year old , she’s 90 this year and awesome x

over a year ago

Good man

By *uicy jonesMan
over a year ago

"Cherish your mothers I still miss mines 15 years on, bless the mammas "
man hugs

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

She's cool, she taught me how to swear properly

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Who loves their mum? I love my mum.She's ace."

I am not your mum!

over a year ago

"Hands up!

My mama is a complete shady bitch. She makes me laugh and react with horror at the stuff she comes out with. My hero! I wouldn't change her for the world. "

My mum is an ageing folk/punk. She had a pitch at the festival selling homemade rasta gnomes...

over a year ago

I see my mum everyday. We can’t stand each other struggle to spend more than 20 mins before a fight starts.

Nothing I do will ever be good enough.

over a year ago

By *ltra72Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

Both hands up here. Wish I could spend one last day with her ??

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/04/20 21:15:40]

over a year ago

"Who loves their mum? I love my mum.She's ace.

I am not your mum! "

I know that you big wazzock lol

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Hands up!

My mama is a complete shady bitch. She makes me laugh and react with horror at the stuff she comes out with. My hero! I wouldn't change her for the world.

My mum is an ageing folk/punk. She had a pitch at the festival selling homemade rasta gnomes..."

She sounds cool

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Cherish your mothers I still miss mines 15 years on, bless the mammas

"

That must be tough...I can't imagine it x

over a year ago

That must be tough...I can't imagine it x"

Got an awesome papa so it’s okay

By *irewolffMan
over a year ago

Dublin

My mum isnt with us anymore. Kinda glad she isnt going through this and we couldnt see her.

Give your mam's an extra special hug after this is over. I wish I could hug my mam one more time.

MsD

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Who loves their mum? I love my mum.She's ace.

I am not your mum!

I know that you big wazzock lol"

Unfortunately mine passed away 2 days before ma 7th birthday in 1969

over a year ago

My mum is amazing!! My ex doesn’t help with our oldest because he can’t handle her disability, hasn’t since we separated, so she has been the one supporting me. Love her and treasure her so much xx

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

That must be tough...I can't imagine it x

Got an awesome papa so it’s okay "

I'm glad to hear that x

By *nvisible_beardMan
over a year ago

near newbridge, wales

Me

over a year ago

I do, love her to bits but I bloody well hope she doesn't read this!

over a year ago

"I do, love her to bits but I bloody well hope she doesn't read this! "

You'll never know...

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love their mam deep down, no matter what has gone on between you, you can’t always see eye to eye

I might get to see my mam 4-5 times a year, but that is how I’ve grown up since 11. It doesn’t mean we aren’t close, far from it.

Next year I’ll be 50, my mum will be 70 on the same day. All we are going to do is spend the day together, smile, hug, chat, reminisce and probably cry.

It’s your mam, you only get one so make the most of it and remember, no matter how old you are, to them, you will always be their child

By *ensualbicockMan
over a year ago

liverpool wavertree picton clock

Hands up, baby, hand up

Gimme your heart, gimme gimme your heart gimme gimme.......

By *allyWally19Woman
over a year ago

The Road to Nowhere

13 for me momma bears are the best ever!

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

My mum has turned into a bit of a fruitcake as she's got older. I'm ill with suspected Covid-19 and all I've had are conspiracy theory videos about how no one can catch a virus and how's it's really 4G waves or whatever. I genuinely struggle to get on with her nowadays, everything that comes out of her mouth is utter drivel and I don't want her indoctrinating my kids with it all, if I'm honest. It kills me to say that and I do keep in touch with her, but there's been a lot of things over my lifetime that show very selfish, unmotherly behaviour and choices that now, at age 34, I CBA dealing with, if I'm honest. Maybe that makes me a bad person?

over a year ago

19/9/97 the saddest day of my life

over a year ago

Mine has vascular dimentia and some days I laugh at the things she says and sometimes I cry.

It is heartbreaking to see your mum change in front of you and become a child most of the time and only your mum at others.

So cherish your mums if you can.

over a year ago

"19/9/97 the saddest day of my life "

Sorry to hear that bud

over a year ago

"My mum has turned into a bit of a fruitcake as she's got older. I'm ill with suspected Covid-19 and all I've had are conspiracy theory videos about how no one can catch a virus and how's it's really 4G waves or whatever. I genuinely struggle to get on with her nowadays, everything that comes out of her mouth is utter drivel and I don't want her indoctrinating my kids with it all, if I'm honest. It kills me to say that and I do keep in touch with her, but there's been a lot of things over my lifetime that show very selfish, unmotherly behaviour and choices that now, at age 34, I CBA dealing with, if I'm honest. Maybe that makes me a bad person? "

Not a bad person at all. You're just being real like. To be honest my mum wasn't the best like. I love her to bits but when I was a kid I was pretty much dragged up, had to fend for myself a lot.

over a year ago

"Mine has vascular dimentia and some days I laugh at the things she says and sometimes I cry.

It is heartbreaking to see your mum change in front of you and become a child most of the time and only your mum at others.

So cherish your mums if you can. "

over a year ago

North West

"My mum has turned into a bit of a fruitcake as she's got older. I'm ill with suspected Covid-19 and all I've had are conspiracy theory videos about how no one can catch a virus and how's it's really 4G waves or whatever. I genuinely struggle to get on with her nowadays, everything that comes out of her mouth is utter drivel and I don't want her indoctrinating my kids with it all, if I'm honest. It kills me to say that and I do keep in touch with her, but there's been a lot of things over my lifetime that show very selfish, unmotherly behaviour and choices that now, at age 34, I CBA dealing with, if I'm honest. Maybe that makes me a bad person?

Not a bad person at all. You're just being real like. To be honest my mum wasn't the best like. I love her to bits but when I was a kid I was pretty much dragged up, had to fend for myself a lot."

Now, if you asked me if I missed my Granny (mum's mum), the answer is fuck yes! She was like my mother, she brought me up, more or less, and yes, I'm crying as I type this. My maternal Grandfather (aka surrogate father) is still alive. My mother now lives with him (her decision, not his, long story) but obviously I can't see him at the moment. I also can't stand the constant bitching from my mum about how she dislikes her father, how he's a grumpy old man etc. I can't stand him being demeaned and picked to pieces constantly. But I can't do anything about it and I can't even go and give him some respite from the fruitcakery. I will be distraught when my Grandad dies. He's 88...... My Grandparents are/were the most precious people to me, other my kids and my husband.

I have to go and find a tissue, excuse me

over a year ago

"My mum has turned into a bit of a fruitcake as she's got older. I'm ill with suspected Covid-19 and all I've had are conspiracy theory videos about how no one can catch a virus and how's it's really 4G waves or whatever. I genuinely struggle to get on with her nowadays, everything that comes out of her mouth is utter drivel and I don't want her indoctrinating my kids with it all, if I'm honest. It kills me to say that and I do keep in touch with her, but there's been a lot of things over my lifetime that show very selfish, unmotherly behaviour and choices that now, at age 34, I CBA dealing with, if I'm honest. Maybe that makes me a bad person?

Not a bad person at all. You're just being real like. To be honest my mum wasn't the best like. I love her to bits but when I was a kid I was pretty much dragged up, had to fend for myself a lot.

Now, if you asked me if I missed my Granny (mum's mum), the answer is fuck yes! She was like my mother, she brought me up, more or less, and yes, I'm crying as I type this. My maternal Grandfather (aka surrogate father) is still alive. My mother now lives with him (her decision, not his, long story) but obviously I can't see him at the moment. I also can't stand the constant bitching from my mum about how she dislikes her father, how he's a grumpy old man etc. I can't stand him being demeaned and picked to pieces constantly. But I can't do anything about it and I can't even go and give him some respite from the fruitcakery. I will be distraught when my Grandad dies. He's 88...... My Grandparents are/were the most precious people to me, other my kids and my husband.

I have to go and find a tissue, excuse me "

your granny sounded wonderful

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I will always love her.

She's no longer with us but her spirit is.

over a year ago

I have to go and find a tissue, excuse me "

I was looked after more by my nan too. She died when I was about fourteen. I cried like f*ck and went off the rails. Started drinking,taking drugs and playing fuck with the school.

over a year ago

North West

My Granny died on Remembrance Sunday 2009, I was 24. I was distraught but all it served to do was make me determined to be the mother she had been to me. My daughter (3) now, has her name as her middle name. I stood up at her funeral and gave a speech and I held it together. I held it together better than I am sat here now actually

over a year ago

"My Granny died on Remembrance Sunday 2009, I was 24. I was distraught but all it served to do was make me determined to be the mother she had been to me. My daughter (3) now, has her name as her middle name. I stood up at her funeral and gave a speech and I held it together. I held it together better than I am sat here now actually "

Im so sorry. I didn't mean this thread to cause anyone any pain x

over a year ago

No longer here but I still think of her every day for some reason or another

over a year ago

I love my mum but don’t like her as sadly she’s a monster and don’t love me ....that’s life but blessings to all that have good mums ....cherish

over a year ago

Mine passed away recently but she always knew she was loved and she always will

over a year ago

North West

"My Granny died on Remembrance Sunday 2009, I was 24. I was distraught but all it served to do was make me determined to be the mother she had been to me. My daughter (3) now, has her name as her middle name. I stood up at her funeral and gave a speech and I held it together. I held it together better than I am sat here now actually

Im so sorry. I didn't mean this thread to cause anyone any pain x"

Don't worry, no pain caused, honestly! I'm just a bloody big softie who is a bit ill and emotional!

By *ubeeStarrXoXTV/TS
over a year ago

Leeds

I love mine too, she's not just my mum but also my best friend xx

over a year ago

"My Granny died on Remembrance Sunday 2009, I was 24. I was distraught but all it served to do was make me determined to be the mother she had been to me. My daughter (3) now, has her name as her middle name. I stood up at her funeral and gave a speech and I held it together. I held it together better than I am sat here now actually

Im so sorry. I didn't mean this thread to cause anyone any pain x

Don't worry, no pain caused, honestly! I'm just a bloody big softie who is a bit ill and emotional! "

Glad to hear that. I've started a bit of a roller coaster with this one haven't I? Ehh blummin eck!

Ps nothing wrong with being a softie x

over a year ago

I was looked after more by my nan too. She died when I was about fourteen. I cried like f*ck and went off the rails. Started drinking,taking drugs and playing fuck with the school."

Children dont come with a manual!!

Parents make mistakes, I know I have and probably will again but different ones.

My parents made mistakes too but that has never stopped me loving them. After all, I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasnt for the experiences of yesterday and I dont think I turned out too bad?

I dont hold grudges but sadly my eldest sibling does and has put and continues to put our mother through hell and I can see how much it hurts her and in turn, hurts me. I no longer have anything to do with her because of it.

Remember, we are all allowed to make mistakes, the difference is whether we learn from them and apologise or continue to make the same ones.

over a year ago

"I love mine too, she's not just my mum but also my best friend xx"

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

My mum is incredible and knows pretty much everything about me there is to know....and yes that includes me being on here

over a year ago

I was looked after more by my nan too. She died when I was about fourteen. I cried like f*ck and went off the rails. Started drinking,taking drugs and playing fuck with the school.

Children dont come with a manual!!

Parents make mistakes, I know I have and probably will again but different ones.

My parents made mistakes too but that has never stopped me loving them. After all, I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasnt for the experiences of yesterday and I dont think I turned out too bad?

I dont hold grudges but sadly my eldest sibling does and has put and continues to put our mother through hell and I can see how much it hurts her and in turn, hurts me. I no longer have anything to do with her because of it.

Remember, we are all allowed to make mistakes, the difference is whether we learn from them and apologise or continue to make the same ones."

I know and now as an adult I can see that my mum didn't have the best of lives herself. You don't notice when you're a kid the hassles that grown ups have. She was abandoned twice. First by my biological father and then by her husband , my stepdad. After that I think she just went into a downward spiral love her

over a year ago

North West

Boudoir-belle, there's making mistakes and moving on, and there's being selfish and unpleasant continually over my entire life (and probably before that too), to the point of alienating the entire family. I'm not going to go into vast detail here, but I don't think my POV on my mother is unfair. I have two kids, 17 and 3 and oh yes, I've made mistakes, but I sure as hell have put their needs front and centre, and will do so forever and ever, amen! The person who's learned most from my mother's mistakes is me.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/04/20 22:46:52]

over a year ago

Sadly some mums that do have bad things happen from their past do not want better for their own kid and treat them badly too. My mums a total bitch and very nasty and will do anything she can to hurt me....her mum did same to her. I just treat my kids with love and kindness and break the cycle ....so the good news is my kids love their mum..me

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/04/20 22:47:46]

over a year ago

I do and miss her more than I think I realise, but she died 12 years ago.

Posted a third time due to bloody autocorrect

over a year ago

Just wanna say to all the people with hateful spiteful mums that we become stronger because of the fact and we always have love elsewhere...big love all xx

over a year ago

Awww I lost my Mumma 3 years ago and struggling.

Though glad she isn't around now, i'd be terrified for her

over a year ago

North West

"Just wanna say to all the people with hateful spiteful mums that we become stronger because of the fact and we always have love elsewhere...big love all xx"

This is true, very true indeed. God bless my Granny

over a year ago

Bless your granny and my grandad who made me the woman ?? am today with his kindness and love xx

over a year ago

"Sadly some mums that do have bad things happen from their past do not want better for their own kid and treat them badly too. My mums a total bitch and very nasty and will do anything she can to hurt me....her mum did same to her. I just treat my kids with love and kindness and break the cycle ....so the good news is my kids love their mum..me "

over a year ago

"Sadly some mums that do have bad things happen from their past do not want better for their own kid and treat them badly too. My mums a total bitch and very nasty and will do anything she can to hurt me....her mum did same to her. I just treat my kids with love and kindness and break the cycle ....so the good news is my kids love their mum..me

"

Thankyou x

over a year ago

North West

"Bless your granny and my grandad who made me the woman ?? am today with his kindness and love xx"

I should have added my Grandad in there too, because he was my other parent and actually still is. He's someone I'd phone for advice in a heartbeat, he's been there every step of the way, throughout my life. He's a wonderful man, so the bitching I get about him from other quarters distresses me greatly. God bless my Grandparents and your Grandad! And yes, I'm a woman too

over a year ago

I adore my mam.... she has a heart of gold and she’s hilarious .... I’m missing her like crazy

over a year ago

Yep. Love my mum to bits. I make sure to ring her everyday to check in especially now to make sure she’s doing ok or needs anything. She’s always there when I needed her growing up and now I can return that

By *uscious_Lady1Woman
over a year ago

Norwich

My mum is the best!!! Can’t wait till this is over so I can see her!!

over a year ago

"Bless your granny and my grandad who made me the woman ?? am today with his kindness and love xx

I should have added my Grandad in there too, because he was my other parent and actually still is. He's someone I'd phone for advice in a heartbeat, he's been there every step of the way, throughout my life. He's a wonderful man, so the bitching I get about him from other quarters

distresses me greatly. God bless my Grandparents and your Grandad! And yes, I'm a woman too "

Grandparents can save our lives definitely ....my grandad literally was my everything...he brought me up and gave me something i never had elsewhere which is simply unconditional love.

Blessings to you girl x

over a year ago

"Boudoir-belle, there's making mistakes and moving on, and there's being selfish and unpleasant continually over my entire life (and probably before that too), to the point of alienating the entire family. I'm not going to go into vast detail here, but I don't think my POV on my mother is unfair. I have two kids, 17 and 3 and oh yes, I've made mistakes, but I sure as hell have put their needs front and centre, and will do so forever and ever, amen! The person who's learned most from my mother's mistakes is me. "

My post wasnt aimed at you personally. It was a general observation from my own experiences. Sorry if you took it personally.

I'm sad that your experiences weren't good but on the positive side, it's made you the mum you are today. After the storm comes a rainbow.

Keep up the good work

over a year ago

I sadly lost my mum 24 years ago she was my best friend

Look after your mums guys you only get one ( love)

over a year ago

You would think it’s a given that we all love our mums and they love us back but sadly is just not fact for some of us ....so all you people who love your mums and your mums are your rocks then cherish like crazy you’re all very very lucky indeed x

over a year ago

North West

"Boudoir-belle, there's making mistakes and moving on, and there's being selfish and unpleasant continually over my entire life (and probably before that too), to the point of alienating the entire family. I'm not going to go into vast detail here, but I don't think my POV on my mother is unfair. I have two kids, 17 and 3 and oh yes, I've made mistakes, but I sure as hell have put their needs front and centre, and will do so forever and ever, amen! The person who's learned most from my mother's mistakes is me.

My post wasnt aimed at you personally. It was a general observation from my own experiences. Sorry if you took it personally.

I'm sad that your experiences weren't good but on the positive side, it's made you the mum you are today. After the storm comes a rainbow.

Keep up the good work "

No need to be sorry, don't worry. I've been a mum since I was 16 and will be for the rest of my life, so I'm sure I'll cock up plenty, but my kids (or quasi adult, in my lad's case) will definitely be my priority over everything and everyone else, always. How it should be.

Post new Message to Thread