Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Trans Disrespect

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

The Guardian reports that the Hungarian President is ruling by decree because of the importance of fast decisions to fight Corona. If I read it right then by stealth they are brining in draft legislation that will prevent trans people legally changing their sex at birth.. if this is true then they are one step from being a dictatorship. Bad day for trans rights...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sorry but how does this make them one step away from being a dictatorship?

I don't get the correlation between allowing trans people and the structure of their government

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Sorry but how does this make them one step away from being a dictatorship?

I don't get the correlation between allowing trans people and the structure of their government"

The president is ruling by decree under the guise of fighting Corona and could use that power to dictate in unrelated matters.. just my thoughts.. I won't die in a ditch over it..

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

[Removed by poster at 03/04/20 14:57:04]

over a year ago

"Sorry but how does this make them one step away from being a dictatorship?

I don't get the correlation between allowing trans people and the structure of their government

The president is ruling by decree under the guise of fighting Corona and could use that power to dictate in unrelated matters.. just my thoughts.. I won't die in a ditch over it.."

Ahh ok, I get it now

No it doesnt look good at all

over a year ago

You ok Tom

over a year ago

Has nobody seen legislation in this country that's got rid of habius corpus? Or in Philippines where army/police are allowed to shoot to kill for people not adhering to lockdown?

No offence intended, but think these are a step closer to totalitarianism. And I'm not saying that trans rights are less important, but think aforementioned laws or legislation are a wee bit more serious..

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"You ok Tom "

Yes thank you. It's one thing having emergency laws to fight the virus but we had had cross party support and reviews by our Parliament built in. Not sure it's good ever to have just one person in ultimate charge.

over a year ago

"You ok Tom

Yes thank you. It's one thing having emergency laws to fight the virus but we had had cross party support and reviews by our Parliament built in. Not sure it's good ever to have just one person in ultimate charge. "

Nobody is in charge of you or anyone Tom you have the freedom of speech and no one person will take that away from you but unfortunately the masses are and will if we’re not careful

over a year ago

"You ok Tom

Yes thank you. It's one thing having emergency laws to fight the virus but we had had cross party support and reviews by our Parliament built in. Not sure it's good ever to have just one person in ultimate charge.

Nobody is in charge of you or anyone Tom you have the freedom of speech and no one person will take that away from you but unfortunately the masses are and will if we’re not careful "

Unfortunately, we don't have freedom of speech. The only country in the world that does is America, and that is and has been under attack.

over a year ago

"You ok Tom

Nobody is in charge of you or anyone Tom you have the freedom of speech and no one person will take that away from you but unfortunately the masses are and will if we’re not careful

Unfortunately, we don't have freedom of speech. The only country in the world that does is America, and that is and has been under attack. "

Yes we do but it is being slowly eradicated... not by government by the people

over a year ago

"You ok Tom

Unfortunately, we don't have freedom of speech. The only country in the world that does is America, and that is and has been under attack.

Yes we do but it is being slowly eradicated... not by government by the people "

Nowhere in the British law does it say we have freedom of speech. There is freedom of press, but that is quite different.

over a year ago

"You ok Tom

Nowhere in the British law does it say we have freedom of speech. There is freedom of press, but that is quite different. "

Great enjoy the rest of your day and I’ll enjoy mine

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Yup he wants people to be known by their birth sex on legal docs.

More will follow. There are people out there who are somewhat aggrieved by misconceptions and the perception that their safe spaces and way of life are under threat.

over a year ago

"You ok Tom

Nowhere in the British law does it say we have freedom of speech. There is freedom of press, but that is quite different.

Great enjoy the rest of your day and I’ll enjoy mine "

Wasn't meaning to sound like a dick, was just pointing it out. Agree that speech is being eroded, but we've never had free speech in first place.

over a year ago

"You ok Tom

Great enjoy the rest of your day and I’ll enjoy mine

Wasn't meaning to sound like a dick, was just pointing it out. Agree that speech is being eroded, but we've never had free speech in first place. "

Yes we have we always have otherwise you wouldn’t be doing it now and unlike the masses today you can say what you like to me and I won’t be offended but I worry as to what I can say to you and that’s the problem.... no government has instigated that fear the people have done it themselves

over a year ago

Isn't there enough crap in the world as it is without creating more. Trouble is 70% of the straight world must be LBGT phobic, put one of them in charge when special measures are in place then it's almost inevitable, I don't think anyone would be surprised if other leaders hadn't thought of it at some time but not dared in fear of a public outcry from the politically correct trendy types

By *etLikeMan
over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

I’m a bit confused as to why a thread about transphobia has got onto so called freedom of speech.

The fact that the UK does not have freedom of speech (enshrined, constitution bollocks) allows protection of trans people and others. In the US, people can say pretty much what they like and hide behind freedom of speech.

over a year ago

I didn't mean to get off on a tangent into the whole freedom of speech malarky, my problem is with governments dictating how a person can exress themselves.

I can and do say what I like, at risk of offending people, and if I do, that is their problen, and I will deal with consequences. Just as in, if someone identifies as a certain gender, I have absolutely no problem with that.

What a person gets up to in their own lives is up to them, as long as they don't steal, harm others, couldn't really care less.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

I have now idea why it matters to others what people put on their docs.

Is it going to ever impact on me? Doubtful

over a year ago

"I have now idea why it matters to others what people put on their docs.

Is it going to ever impact on me? Doubtful "

It probably won't. But there are some legal ramifications. In the 80's, a man transitioned to female, was able to retire earlier due to this, and once said person did, transitioned back to male.

Obviously a very rare case, and bit of a scumbag for doimg this.

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

It probably won't. But there are some legal ramifications. In the 80's, a man transitioned to female, was able to retire earlier due to this, and once said person did, transitioned back to male.

Obviously a very rare case, and bit of a scumbag for doimg this. "

Sure, but there are people who take advantage of every rule out there. But when straight/cis people cheat the system, we don't take it that those groups need to be denied rights.

over a year ago

Sure, but there are people who take advantage of every rule out there. But when straight/cis people cheat the system, we don't take it that those groups need to be denied rights. "

Straight/cis? Not sure what cis means..

And yes, lots of people cheat the system, which is wrong. But I'm not saying should be denied rights. People these days have more rights than ever in history, but nobody talks about responsiblities, what about those? Too many people think they are owed something, rather than pull up their boot straps..

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's one step away, as he's gouging power, to be able to do what he wants.

This is a fundamental human right, viewed from the EUs perspective, so he's immediately crossed the border, beyond respectability. When rights for some are removed, making them become almost non-persons, then all should be very concerned.

He is another populist, right-winger who stirs the negative emotions of the citizens against others. Sounds familiar? People should immediately stop the bandwagon, when the best some smooth talking muppet can do is to point fingers of hate at others.

Too many have bought into the right-wing sham interest in the masses, when they have zero interest in their well-being, merely pulling their strings like puppets.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Sure, but there are people who take advantage of every rule out there. But when straight/cis people cheat the system, we don't take it that those groups need to be denied rights. "

Those rights are universal rights, irrespective of how some elements try to divide and conquer, instead of the leaders being fully held responsible.

Post new Message to Thread