Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Forums and Blocking

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Since lockdown and therefore starting to use the forums a hell of a lot more, I’ve noticed that I’ve seen a few profiles I fancy checking out after their reply or seeing their avatar, only to get the “You can’t view this profile” text.

These aren’t people I’ve looked at before, as far as I’m aware and they’re apparently not barred from the site as they’re posting in the forums.

Do you think people block you based on your other posts they may have seen on other subjects? Has anyone else noticed it

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yep

Lots of people have me blocked

Ah well

Doesn’t bother me

What bothers me is when they block me, but follow me around the forums and make digs at me

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I've been blocked by a few people from the forum, some I know the reasons and others I don't so I'm assuming they just didn't like something I posted. None that I was fussed about anyway.

over a year ago

"Since lockdown and therefore starting to use the forums a hell of a lot more, I’ve noticed that I’ve seen a few profiles I fancy checking out after their reply or seeing their avatar, only to get the “You can’t view this profile” text.

These aren’t people I’ve looked at before, as far as I’m aware and they’re apparently not barred from the site as they’re posting in the forums.

Do you think people block you based on your other posts they may have seen on other subjects? Has anyone else noticed it"

That might be the filters that people have set.

over a year ago

"Since lockdown and therefore starting to use the forums a hell of a lot more, I’ve noticed that I’ve seen a few profiles I fancy checking out after their reply or seeing their avatar, only to get the “You can’t view this profile” text.

Do you think people block you based on your other posts they may have seen on other subjects? Has anyone else noticed it

That might be the filters that people have set."

That’s only for messaging, even if I have it so men can’t message me, they can still view my page

over a year ago

Not sure I've been blocked off people from forums, but I been blocked by few people just for harmless introduction message to start a convo.

over a year ago

That might be the filters that people have set."

Can people set filters to stop you even viewing their profile? I know you can so it with message filters.

By *rindiMan
over a year ago

chester

Yup, been blocked here and there, just accept it move on, lots of lovely people on here

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Are you sure it's a block O.P ? It may be just a filter.....

Sometimes I go to message someone asking for advice and I get.......

You can't message this person .... they dont want messages from :- females, people your age, singles.....

So I n say ...... they can wallow then. Cos that's how lovely I am.

over a year ago

"Not sure I've been blocked off people from forums, but I been blocked by few people just for harmless introduction message to start a convo. "

That happens a lot and I understand the reasoning. I’ve had to do the same with a few, much older couples who don’t seem to like the words ‘no thank you’

over a year ago

Can't say I've ever noticed being blocked by anyone from the forums.

I do have one person blocked who uses the forum that is it

over a year ago

"Yup, been blocked here and there, just accept it move on, lots of lovely people on here"

I’m not dwelling on it and it’s not preventing me from moving on. Just curious as to whether it’s a setting I’m unaware of or if these people were so disgusted with me they’d even preempted me looking at them and made it so I couldn’t

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Not sure I've been blocked off people from forums, but I been blocked by few people just for harmless introduction message to start a convo.

That happens a lot and I understand the reasoning. I’ve had to do the same with a few, much older couples who don’t seem to like the words ‘no thank you’"

I'm screaming ageism here.

That's cos of the type of person they are, not their age.

A git is a git.

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

It isn't something to get hung up about. They have decided that they don't want to interact for whatever reason. It happens to us all.

When I made this profile I decided there was no point in blocking anyone as I use the forums so people will always be able to see my input whether I want them to or not.

By *AYENCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

It may not have anything to do with your forum posts, it might just be they've looked at your profile, it didn't suit so they've blocked you to save the 'thanks but no thanks' message.

By *rindiMan
over a year ago

chester

"Not sure I've been blocked off people from forums, but I been blocked by few people just for harmless introduction message to start a convo.

That happens a lot and I understand the reasoning. I’ve had to do the same with a few, much older couples who don’t seem to like the words ‘no thank you’

I'm screaming ageism here.

That's cos of the type of person they are, not their age.

A git is a git. "

You made me chuckle there ????

over a year ago

Can I just say, I’m not hung up about it. It causes me no sleepless nights and it was merely curiosity and seeing if anyone else had experienced it.

over a year ago

That happens a lot and I understand the reasoning. I’ve had to do the same with a few, much older couples who don’t seem to like the words ‘no thank you’"

Yeah, i totally get that, it's not a problem for me, each to their own and everything, water of a ducks back. I haven't yet blocked anyone I don't think, had unwanted messages off guys, but kindly tell them I'm not that way inclined.

over a year ago

A lot of people view and block if you're not for them, not everyone uses the forums

over a year ago

Do you think people block you based on your other posts they may have seen on other subjects? Has anyone else noticed it"

yes they do lol or they look at your profile and youre not for them

over a year ago

Yep.

I block for various reasons.

The main ones are of they live within half a mile, they have shown bareback tendancies, or they message constantly without reading my profile first

over a year ago

"A lot of people view and block if you're not for them, not everyone uses the forums "

They must have so many bad experiences from people contacting them just because they had a nosy.

In fairness, I have loads of local people I’m not keen on blocked as there’s no point in them coming up on my searches. Some of the ones I’ve clicked on while on the forums aren’t local. They must have just taken an instant dislike to me.

over a year ago

"Yep.

I block for various reasons.

The main ones are of they live within half a mile, they have shown bareback tendancies, or they message constantly without reading my profile first"

i always read your pics

By *oneyBear100Couple
over a year ago

Gatwick area

Lots of choice on here anyway so we systematically block anyone we get a negative vibe about. Also stops them appearing on local updates.

Just another filter

over a year ago

I find lots of folk have preemptively blocked me. To be fair I would too if I could.

Post new Message to Thread