Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

56 Up

Jump to newest

By *yrdwoman OP   Woman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

The TV programme, not my usual Saturday night

Do you watch this series of programmes? I've watched it since 21 Up and find it fascinating how their lives have changed over the years.

Would you have volunteered if they'd asked?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

One of my friends does it, not the one on the television, but the one where they just monitor their lives every 5 years. They just check her height, weight, health, things like that.

She has been doing it since she was a child, think they wanted people born certain month certain year and she was put forward for it

By *yrdwoman OP   Woman
over a year ago

"One of my friends does it, not the one on the television, but the one where they just monitor their lives every 5 years. They just check her height, weight, health, things like that.

She has been doing it since she was a child, think they wanted people born certain month certain year and she was put forward for it"

I think Robert Winston started one for the BBC around the millennium but it seesm to have petered out.

You got to give ITV kudos for sticking with it so long.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I had posted the same a little while back. I have been watching this nearly all of my life. Michael Apted has remained with it from the beginning and I am sure ITV would have let it go years ago but for him.

The first and best, reality and longitudinal documentary ever to my mind.

By *yrdwoman OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I had posted the same a little while back. I have been watching this nearly all of my life. Michael Apted has remained with it from the beginning and I am sure ITV would have let it go years ago but for him.

The first and best, reality and longitudinal documentary ever to my mind."

Whoops, sorry. Didn't see it.

Yes, it really is interesting viewing.

Post new Message to Thread