Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Lurkers

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi. I just saw the "Forumites" thread and it led me to this one.

Firstly, the word Lurker is a bit shit, but it represents folk on here who read the threads on the forum but don't comment. You maybe don't comment because you are shy or feel like "you aren't part of the gang" or clique as it's been said. Either of the reasons above or any other that have led you to not comment are your reasons and that's fine, but if the forum interests you enough to read I implore you to comment and get involved yourself. A place only becomes "cliquey" if only a core group keep it alive, if some of you who want to make threads do it will encourage other non regulars to get involved and help to make it feel more inclusive to those who don't feel like it is.

So, what I would love(who the fuck am I hear you say? Lol I mean well, read on) is if non regular posters only commented on this thread. Myself and anyone else that would post often enough will stay away and give the newbies and non regulars a chance to get to know each other and then hopefully you guys will come and join us and post on the other threads, and of course make your own

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

*tiptoes through the thread and out the other side

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"*tiptoes through the thread and out the other side"

Perhaps you should stay

By *nlyIfItsWorthItMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

I've been harassed for talking on too many threads. Can't win, don't bother trying to.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"*tiptoes through the thread and out the other side

Perhaps you should stay "

I didnt want to get told off

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"*tiptoes through the thread and out the other side

Perhaps you should stay

I didnt want to get told off "

Little chance of that

By *onkyLemonsCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

We’re not new - but definitely infrequent posters (although probably not so infrequent recently, thanks Coronavirus!?).

I don’t think we’re particularly scared or intimidated to post. I don’t even think we’re bothered by (or have even noticed) any cliques.

We just prefer to peruse and add our nonsensical opinions here and there as opposed to posting in every topic for the sake of it!

Post new Message to Thread