Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Forumites

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I’ve noticed only forumites fill threads, most of the others mostly get ignored. Anyone else noticed this trend ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have notice that people who use the forums tend to post more than people who dont

over a year ago

I have also noticed that formites fill threads

Seeing as anyone who uses the forums are formites

Hope this helps

over a year ago

"I have also noticed that formites fill threads

Seeing as anyone who uses the forums are formites

Hope this helps"

Well flutter my eye lids and wiggle my hips! Its queen leviosa!

I agree

By *eniorsxMan
over a year ago

Coggeshall

"I’ve noticed only forumites fill threads, most of the others mostly get ignored. Anyone else noticed this trend ? "

Everyone who isn't a forumite has noticed. Gets tedious real quick doesn't it

Mostly questions in new postings based on a previous post, answer, etc etc

over a year ago

"I’ve noticed only forumites fill threads, most of the others mostly get ignored. Anyone else noticed this trend ?

"

Yeah I can imagine people interacting with each other gets annoying

By *eniorsxMan
over a year ago

Coggeshall

"I’ve noticed only forumites fill threads, most of the others mostly get ignored. Anyone else noticed this trend ?

Yeah I can imagine people interacting with each other gets annoying "

Hello fancy seeing you here, what pearl of wisdom do you have for me besides the above x

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"

It really does, it’s not very inclusive on here.

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle

Just replying to fill the thread a bit

I do know what you mean though and probably why I've never started a thread! I totally see why it happens though as those that have been on here a long time all know each other. I have seen plenty of threads from lesser known people do well though also. I think it is more to do with the subject or content though x

over a year ago

OP I think I recognise ya

By *ourayloversCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

forumites are they the same as stalactites

over a year ago

Anyone can start and thread or post on one. Join in and chat and people will chat back.

I haven't been on here that long really but once I started chatting and posting, people spoke.

Hi OP

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I never use the forums so can't answer your question OP.

over a year ago

Join in a bit more OP, you’ll find that the forums are really tame at the moment as everyone is either home schooling their kids, have their spouses at home or are working hard.

Once there’s more people here, there will be more people to interact with ya

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I’ve noticed only forumites fill threads, most of the others mostly get ignored. Anyone else noticed this trend ? "

Ok I kinda get ya , but having a go at the " regular " forumites wont help your cause .

Keep trying you'll get there, i for one welcome all new forum users

over a year ago

"Join in a bit more OP, you’ll find that the forums are really tame at the moment as everyone is either home schooling their kids, have their spouses at home or are working hard.

Once there’s more people here, there will be more people to interact with ya "

Yep!

Listen to her, she's full of good info

over a year ago

"Anyone can start and thread or post on one. Join in and chat and people will chat back.

I haven't been on here that long really but once I started chatting and posting, people spoke.

Hi OP "

That's not my experience. Most of what I post just disappears into the void, people generally only engage when they decide to comment on my negativity, which only makes it worse.

over a year ago

"Join in a bit more OP, you’ll find that the forums are really tame at the moment as everyone is either home schooling their kids, have their spouses at home or are working hard.

Once there’s more people here, there will be more people to interact with ya

Yep!

Listen to her, she's full of good info "

Oh wifey I mentioned you in another thread why havnt you been to see me yet xxx

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

I wonder what percentage of Fab users know of or use the forum?

A woman that I met from here last year had no idea of the forum and wondered what I was talking about.

over a year ago

I'm assuming you mean they make threads that get filled up?

To be honest I think that you're looking at it from a biased perspective, yes there are probably more regulars who fill threads but those stand out because they're full, there's probably just as much if not more that don't get filled.

Of course people will gravitate to those they know, that's only natural and is why some of the sillier or less interesting threads get filled, because people can have a laugh.

When it comes to lesser known people making threads then content is more important, if the thread is interesting or sparks debate it will fill up because people like giving opinions. The stiller threads not so much because they don't know the OP's sense of humour or have any back jokes to rely on.

The thing is everyone was new once, everyone has felt ignored and even those "popular" people still do at times. It's not intentional but it is something you can work on if you want to just by posting as and when you like and getting yourself noticed.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It can seem very exclusive on here. It must feel quite daunting to feel excluded, express that and have people deny it happens.

All I can say from a personal point of view is join in. You will soon recognise the people who truly want to talk to everyone and the ones who will only respond under certain conditions

over a year ago

hey we're all free to use it but some are more accepted than others but thats life don't you think, if you or those you talk of were accepted then it would be someone else that isn't

over a year ago

I thought anyone who posts in forums is a forumite?

Or am I being blonde and not getting it?

over a year ago

"I thought anyone who posts in forums is a forumite?

Or am I being blonde and not getting it? "

yep blonde and definitely not getting it

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

You're blonde?

over a year ago

Or am I being blonde and not getting it? yep blonde and definitely not getting it "

Please explain it to me then.

over a year ago

Without us all the forum would just be white noise.

I comment on anything that interests me no matter who starts the thread so there.

Even popular posters get them wrong sometimes and they disappear into the forum abyss with single figure replies.

Take that rubberduck for instance, she just picks herself up and starts another one when she gets it wrong, like water of a rubberducks back

over a year ago

Or am I being blonde and not getting it? yep blonde and definitely not getting it

Please explain it to me then."

the Ops on about the lil friend groups that chat amongst themselves but this is a life thing not a forums thing

over a year ago

Or am I being blonde and not getting it? yep blonde and definitely not getting it

Please explain it to me then.the Ops on about the lil friend groups that chat amongst themselves but this is a life thing not a forums thing "

You mean a clique? Or have I got that wrong as well?

over a year ago

I think a ‘forumite’ is someone who posts regularly and looks like they rule the roost ??

A popular

When in fact a forum user should be just that - someone, anyone who uses it.

I get you OP, I’ve been here more years than I care to remember and it can feel that certain people ‘take over’

Post more and ignore the marking the territory

over a year ago

I think a ‘forumite’ is someone who posts regularly and looks like they rule the roost ??

A popular

I get you OP, I’ve been here more years than I care to remember and it can feel that certain people ‘take over’

Post more and ignore the marking the territory "

*cocks leg*

over a year ago

We were all non forumites at some point.

Just join in and get to know people . It's generally a very friendly lovely place, it can be a lot of fun.

over a year ago

Please explain it to me then.the Ops on about the lil friend groups that chat amongst themselves but this is a life thing not a forums thing

You mean a clique? Or have I got that wrong as well? "

cliques are groups of people who stick together so its no more right or wrong than any other description

over a year ago

A popular

Post more and ignore the marking the territory

*cocks leg*"

Down boy

over a year ago

Is a forumite some one who uses the forums a lot or is it a specific group ?

over a year ago

"Is a forumite some one who uses the forums a lot or is it a specific group ?"

Who knows .... who cares

I’m just a person who uses the forums

over a year ago

Haven't you been here before OP?

You seem familiar

By *erdyWoman
over a year ago

wiltshire

I find the regular users tend to post the silly threads, those I tend to ignore. I personally prefer the more serious or sensible subjects. Just do your thing OP don't worry what others are doing. Where there are groups there will always be a " clique"

over a year ago

"I find the regular users tend to post the silly threads, those I tend to ignore. I personally prefer the more serious or sensible subjects. Just do your thing OP don't worry what others are doing. Where there are groups there will always be a " clique" "

The ones that bother me are the

Do women like anal

Does anyone like cross dressing

Basically the ones where the answer is always "some do, some dont"

over a year ago

"Anyone can start and thread or post on one. Join in and chat and people will chat back.

Hi OP "

Agree with this OP. I’ve only been here a few months and my best interactions are in the forums.

over a year ago

"I find the regular users tend to post the silly threads, those I tend to ignore. I personally prefer the more serious or sensible subjects. Just do your thing OP don't worry what others are doing. Where there are groups there will always be a " clique" "

Please don’t take this the wrong way,

(which is a daft way to start a statement because you have no control over how you take this statement and then by no fault of your own you could be offended and there’s nothing I can do about that), but my interpretation of the lounge is that it’s kinda like the bar in the pub where anything goes.

It’s like you can be as daft as you like or as serious as you like but you have to accept that other people will be daft when you’re trying to talk seriously and when you’re talking seriously I might wanna pop up and say something about tits and arse.

I try hard to restrict my silly piss taking posts and humour to the lounge and I think that’s widely accepted by most people that hang around in here.

There are specific forums for more serious posters so what I’m rambling on about is that if you do lust for serious replies and discussion then you should probably concentrate on those other forums.

Don’t get me wrong I love having serious posters in the lounge because it helps with my general jibberish talk and sometimes the more serious subjects started by posters like yourself can become the most fun.

Anyway...

Carry on enjoying the forum and post whatever you like wherever you like and enjoy the chocolate chip cookie I’m virtually offering to you with a nice hot brew xxx

By *nlyIfItsWorthItMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

Hello fancy seeing you here, what pearl of wisdom do you have for me besides the above x"

Watch out mods are about.

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

"

This isn't deliberate. It's natural and occurs on every type of online forum, or even social gathering ever.

Gaming community? You need a minute to see how everyone talks.

In a new pub? The locals will chat to people they know about things they know.

First time at a social? People will begin talking to who they know there.

This isn't deliberate. Or malicious. It's human nature. Best thing to do is hang around a while, chat to some folk, maybe start a thread... y'know. Human interaction.

Gettin' to knoooooow you, gettin' to know alllll abouyeah all that good stuff

By *hav02Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

I thought forumites was a some sorta bug people are getting in lockdown..clean your bedsheets

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

Yeah I can imagine people interacting with each other gets annoying "

I kind of know what they mean - though I’d replace ‘forumites’ with popular or regular forumites and they have a point.

A popular forumite can post on a fairly inane topic and the thread will be filled by people who like that person rather than having an interest in the topic.

It’s human nature though - to want to please and show approval!

There have also been very good/interesting threads posted by people who aren’t so popular which have got nowhere!

Sadly it’s just the way it is - and fab is no different from anywhere else in this respect. X

over a year ago

This isn't deliberate. It's natural and occurs on every type of online forum, or even social gathering ever.

This isn't deliberate. Or malicious. It's human nature. Best thing to do is hang around a while, chat to some folk, maybe start a thread... y'know. Human interaction.

Gettin' to knoooooow you, gettin' to know alllll abouyeah all that good stuff "

That's fine - until the regulars pipe up about how friendly and welcoming the place is, then go back to talking on their closed circle and ignoring the new people.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

It is purely down to the content of the thread and what mood an individual is at the time, the people who have physically met and are friends will always chat and be more playful with each other, the other side is time, I may want to add my opinion to a thread but have no time to read everyone's comments, so will miss any questions that may be in there.

Keep posting and chatting everyone was new once and friends are here to be made

over a year ago

"Haven't you been here before OP?

You seem familiar"

Hmmm

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

I kind of know what they mean - though I’d replace ‘forumites’ with popular or regular forumites and they have a point.

A popular forumite can post on a fairly inane topic and the thread will be filled by people who like that person rather than having an interest in the topic.

There have also been very good/interesting threads posted by people who aren’t so popular which have got nowhere!

Sadly it’s just the way it is - and fab is no different from anywhere else in this respect. X"

I (her) absolutely agree with all of the above from Peachy.

I post the majority of comments from our profile and occasionally my small contribution is responded to but more often than not they are ignored.

I have however made some friends from the forum and we chat via DM which fulfills my own attention seeking needs and makes me feel happy, sexy or a supportive friend from a distance. Therefore the need to be accepted by forum posters (regular or not) doesn't bother me. I will still chip in where I want to, where I hope I add value or just to have fun.

People say join in, its inclusive, and there will/are threads to show that but these don't last long and it does go back to old habits.... please encourage people and make them feel welcome, not criticised or judged or ignored for sometimes taking a leap of faith and posting a reply on a thread or starting a thread as it can be daunting.

I am glad this thread was started as I have felt the need for it for a few days but never felt able to start it..so thank you OP. X

over a year ago

That's fine - until the regulars pipe up about how friendly and welcoming the place is, then go back to talking on their closed circle and ignoring the new people. "

And god forbid if you disagree with a regular, plus there's the ever helpful "grabs popcorn" comments

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I have notice that people who use the forums tend to post more than people who dont"

Lies, I never use the forums.

over a year ago

"I have notice that people who use the forums tend to post more than people who dont

Lies, I never use the forums."

What is a forum

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I have notice that people who use the forums tend to post more than people who dont

What is a forum"

I thinks it's a type of sex toy.

over a year ago

What is a forum

I thinks it's a type of sex toy."

What is a sex

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

It can seem that way and I know what you're saying. Certainly you can contribute to a thread, consider what you're saying as something interesting and informative only to be ignored or not replied to.

However it will have been read and gradually people will respond in time. I've been to clubs and talked to people who do know me from the forums. So I try not to be too controversial but will make a point if I feel strongly about it

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

I'm new

By *adMerWoman
over a year ago

Sandwich

Regular forumites fill threads because they are on here a lot and comment a lot.

Plenty of forumites post less often but probably enjoy following some threads if not feeling the need to comment

Everyone who uses the forums has an equal opportunity to comment and post threads.

It’s pretty much a free for all

over a year ago

Sadly it’s just the way it is - and fab is no different from anywhere else in this respect. X"

yes and if they are female even more so

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

There's some lovely welcoming forumites. Then there some than only converse with their 'special folk'

The way I see it is that it's their loss and they are the ones missing out by limiting themselves to their clique.

Leaves more conversational gems for the rest of us to enjoy

Doesn't spoil my enjoyment. I just roll my eyes and keep on scrolling

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

Sadly it’s just the way it is - and fab is no different from anywhere else in this respect. X

I (her) absolutely agree with all of the above from Peachy.

I post the majority of comments from our profile and occasionally my small contribution is responded to but more often than not they are ignored.

I have however made some friends from the forum and we chat via DM which fulfills my own attention seeking needs and makes me feel happy, sexy or a supportive friend from a distance. Therefore the need to be accepted by forum posters (regular or not) doesn't bother me. I will still chip in where I want to, where I hope I add value or just to have fun.

People say join in, its inclusive, and there will/are threads to show that but these don't last long and it does go back to old habits.... please encourage people and make them feel welcome, not criticised or judged or ignored for sometimes taking a leap of faith and posting a reply on a thread or starting a thread as it can be daunting.

I am glad this thread was started as I have felt the need for it for a few days but never felt able to start it..so thank you OP. X

"

Amen to the encouragement rather than judgment!

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

That's fine - until the regulars pipe up about how friendly and welcoming the place is, then go back to talking on their closed circle and ignoring the new people.

And god forbid if you disagree with a regular, plus there's the ever helpful "grabs popcorn" comments "

The ‘grabs popcorn’ comments are a pathetic attempt at humour and should have died out years ago.

I’ve disagreed with many a ‘popular’ forumite and will continue to do so. In all honesty I tend to use my brain before I post (usually - not always) so am generally perfectly able to stand my ground should I be held to account in any way!

The people I really sympathise with are the less ‘popular’ posters who, perhaps, aren’t quite so articulate.

They’re the ones who - if they dare to post an opinion which differs from that of the popular posters - are generally thrown to the lions and often, unfortunately, never come back!

I do feel that as a collective we should try harder to avoid that pack behaviour.

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

There will always be popular people and popular threads.

I rarely start threads and often forget to check / follow up on posts I make anyway.

So, it's maybe not surprising that my posts are sometimes overlooked.

To be honest, I just do my own thing, and don't let how others use the forums bother me.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Im still new hi everyone x

over a year ago

"Im still new hi everyone x"

Oh hello newbie, welcome to the forums. I hope you like it here x

over a year ago

I read a lot on here.

A lot of repeating but in the most people are helpful and supportive

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Im still new hi everyone x

Oh hello newbie, welcome to the forums. I hope you like it here x"

Thankyou what are the people like here x

over a year ago

Thankyou what are the people like here x"

We they're generally representative of society as a whole, most are nice pleasant people, some are a bit odd and a select few are complete and utter bellends.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

We they're generally representative of society as a whole, most are nice pleasant people, some are a bit odd and a select few are complete and utter bellends. "

Well you can guide me you and your massive big cock x

over a year ago

We they're generally representative of society as a whole, most are nice pleasant people, some are a bit odd and a select few are complete and utter bellends.

Well you can guide me you and your massive big cock x"

I will, it's like divining rod and steers the way!

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Well you can guide me you and your massive big cock x

I will, it's like divining rod and steers the way! "

over a year ago

Op went then oh well they'll not be accepted now

over a year ago

Awwwwwwww man

over a year ago

And god forbid if you disagree with a regular, plus there's the ever helpful "grabs popcorn" comments "

Grabs popcorn is the absolute worst firm of trolling on here. Encouraging a thread to go in a very obvious direction while saying nothing that will get them in trouble. It's pathetic

over a year ago

I have to disagree.. I think the worst kinda trolling are those who pretend they're newbies. .. especially when they where prolific posters in their previous time on here...

over a year ago

"I have to disagree.. I think the worst kinda trolling are those who pretend they're newbies. .. especially when they where prolific posters in their previous time on here... "

Oh I agree.

over a year ago

so do i

Post new Message to Thread