Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Has all this made you think?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

About what’s important etc. Do you think you’ll just go totally back to normal after this nightmare or do you think you’ll change your life a little? And if so how and what will you change?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm going panic buying when all this is over

Just in case

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

Honestly it hasn't made much difference to me. I'm pretty introverted as it is, it just means that I'm not going with K for luxury trips out to restaurants or the cinema and things.

over a year ago

"I'm going panic buying when all this is over

Just in case "

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Sadly, I suspect a month after it's all finished , most will go back to their old ways .

I hope not, but I can live in hope

over a year ago

"Sadly, I suspect a month after it's all finished , most will go back to their old ways .

I hope not, but I can live in hope "

I think this has to have affected everyone and how they think/look at life in some way or another. Don’t you think?

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

I’m not sure things will be “normal” for a long time.

By *ensualbicockMan
over a year ago

liverpool wavertree picton clock

It's made me realise that when we want, the whole world can come together. Just a pity it took this. 6 million people die of hunger every year. Surely this is

the catastrophe that should of had a worldwide response long ago. We can help everyone if we want.

over a year ago

I think the nature of my work will change dramatically in a post COVID world. I doubt international travel will be viewed in the same way. I will definitely keep in contact with friends and family in a different way and more frequently. I’ll be utilising the new skills I learn during this time more often and more fully. I will also use the space in the house differently.

over a year ago

"I’m not sure things will be “normal” for a long time. "

I agree x

over a year ago

"It's made me realise that when we want, the whole world can come together. Just a pity it took this. 6 million people die of hunger every year. Surely this is

the catastrophe that should of had a worldwide response long ago. We can help everyone if we want. "

over a year ago

"I'm going panic buying when all this is over

Just in case

. "

I’m going now

over a year ago

"It's made me realise that when we want, the whole world can come together. Just a pity it took this. 6 million people die of hunger every year. Surely this is

the catastrophe that should of had a worldwide response long ago. We can help everyone if we want. "

It’s heartwarming to see what’s happening in my village. Everyone’s out shopping and helping everyone else. I know neighbours I never knew before. I think and hope some good will come out of this awful situation.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Sadly, I suspect a month after it's all finished , most will go back to their old ways .

I think this has to have affected everyone and how they think/look at life in some way or another. Don’t you think?"

Yes it has , but once it's all over it will quickly be forgotten about and people will go back to whinging about everything.

I know its pessimistic but sadly , it will happen

By *MP3Man
over a year ago

Between Scylla and Charybdis

I'm going to buy a caravan for me Ma after this. Periwinkle blue. I like to look after me Ma. I might also get a dag.

over a year ago

I think this has to have affected everyone and how they think/look at life in some way or another. Don’t you think?

Yes it has , but once it's all over it will quickly be forgotten about and people will go back to whinging about everything.

I know its pessimistic but sadly , it will happen "

Yes. Of course we will all go back to whingeing. That’s life though. I think things like this make you put things into perspective but only for a short while. I find that happens anyway in life though.

By *xhib12Man
over a year ago

Blyth

I'm going to use less loo roll now that I see what a valuable commodity it really is.

over a year ago

"I'm going to buy a caravan for me Ma after this. Periwinkle blue. I like to look after me Ma. I might also get a dag."

Shut up and sit down you big bald fuck

By *erdyWoman
over a year ago

wiltshire

Us humans, soon forget. I imagine all will go back to our " normal " whatever that may be

over a year ago

"I'm going to use less loo roll now that I see what a valuable commodity it really is."

Haha I was amazed at how much I used just for a wee . There’s really no need

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

[Removed by poster at 02/04/20 11:17:39]

over a year ago

I'm going to prepare an emergency rucksack (NBC suit included) learn to snare animals, navigate by the stars, create shelter, make clothing and create clean water sources...after that I'll work on starting my own tribe. Could be fun!

over a year ago

"I'm going to prepare an emergency rucksack (NBC suit included) learn to snare animals, navigate by the stars, create shelter, make clothing and create clean water sources...after that I'll work on starting my own tribe. Could be fun!"

. Love this

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I will go back to normal, I love my life as it is and will keep doing my contribution to help my community

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

I’m not taking the ability to travel for granted anymore. Can’t wait to make some plans to go away to the sunshine and also fly home for a month or two.

By *MP3Man
over a year ago

Between Scylla and Charybdis

"I'm going to buy a caravan for me Ma after this. Periwinkle blue. I like to look after me Ma. I might also get a dag.

Shut up and sit down you big bald fuck "

Save your breath for cooling your porridge

over a year ago

"I'm going to prepare an emergency rucksack (NBC suit included) learn to snare animals, navigate by the stars, create shelter, make clothing and create clean water sources...after that I'll work on starting my own tribe. Could be fun!"

I’m just using my zombie apocalypse pack for this.

By *asIsaCouple
over a year ago

harrow

"I’m not taking the ability to travel for granted anymore. Can’t wait to make some plans to go away to the sunshine and also fly home for a month or two. "

Sadly aviation and other cross country travel is a long away away now and until (if) a vaccine is found , it's highly unlikely to happen. At best, countries may quarantine but it's probably all 2-3 years away. That is the the belief of the CAA, (civil aviation authority ) not me. I'm a pilot and don't know when I'll fly again

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I had a bit of a wobble last night thinking about exactly this. Sadly there are some situations that I can't change even though I would like to, but I will be working on those things that I can change.

over a year ago

I think I'll probably appreciate being with people more. I'm usually quite happy on my own but this has been really tough.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"About what’s important etc. Do you think you’ll just go totally back to normal after this nightmare or do you think you’ll change your life a little? And if so how and what will you change?"

Not completely back to normal no. It has made me realise how much I need other people and how valuable their friendships are. And how valuable they are as people. So I'm going to make a lot more effort to spend time with them, whether that's talking in person or face to face.

I've also realised that there's a lot more I want to do so I'm going to try and do things that push me a bit and also look after my body more - my mental health improves the fitter I am so I want to keep on that.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

"I’m not taking the ability to travel for granted anymore. Can’t wait to make some plans to go away to the sunshine and also fly home for a month or two.

Sadly aviation and other cross country travel is a long away away now and until (if) a vaccine is found , it's highly unlikely to happen. At best, countries may quarantine but it's probably all 2-3 years away. That is the the belief of the CAA, (civil aviation authority ) not me. I'm a pilot and don't know when I'll fly again "

No it will be fine. I will find a way to get there.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I never, ever thought I'd have to worry that my children and parents didn't have access to food.

I think it depends how long this goes on as to whether there's a permanent change in my thinking though.

over a year ago

"About what’s important etc. Do you think you’ll just go totally back to normal after this nightmare or do you think you’ll change your life a little? And if so how and what will you change?

Not completely back to normal no. It has made me realise how much I need other people and how valuable their friendships are. And how valuable they are as people. So I'm going to make a lot more effort to spend time with them, whether that's talking in person or face to face.

I've also realised that there's a lot more I want to do so I'm going to try and do things that push me a bit and also look after my body more - my mental health improves the fitter I am so I want to keep on that."

I can relate to all that _eli x

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Us humans, soon forget. I imagine all will go back to our " normal " whatever that may be "

I think you're right.

over a year ago

"About what’s important etc. Do you think you’ll just go totally back to normal after this nightmare or do you think you’ll change your life a little? And if so how and what will you change?

I've also realised that there's a lot more I want to do so I'm going to try and do things that push me a bit and also look after my body more - my mental health improves the fitter I am so I want to keep on that."

I've had similar realizations with regarding interacting with people...hope to be better connected with more distant family + friends in the future with all the virtual tools

Am toying with selling up /travelling the world.. I didnt do it when I was younger.. Feels like this might be the impetuous i need. Would love to do some charity work too

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

I've also realised that there's a lot more I want to do so I'm going to try and do things that push me a bit and also look after my body more - my mental health improves the fitter I am so I want to keep on that.

I've had similar realizations with regarding interacting with people...hope to be better connected with more distant family + friends in the future with all the virtual tools

Am toying with selling up /travelling the world.. I didnt do it when I was younger.. Feels like this might be the impetuous i need. Would love to do some charity work too"

Travelling about was one of the best things I did. Can’t wait to get cracking again.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Home life wise there hasn’t been much change, family and friends aren’t near so used to seeing them when planned and sporadically rather than just popping in.

Food shop hasn’t changed, I only ever bought what we needed and I’m actually finding it less stressful now than before all this, as it’s quieter and calmer in the shops. Only exception to this is missing the basics like eggs.

Life wise you realise time is short, so when you can get out there and do the things you want to do. 2020 was supposed to be that for me but in the grand scheme of things it’s not important that I get to do them. One day maybe I’ll find the free time again to cross some things off my list.

over a year ago

over a year ago

The crazy thing is everybody knew 2020 had a weird vibe about from since January...ww3 etc we all knew something big was coming

over a year ago

It's made me think hugely.

We put so many things off in our lives, we'll do it soon, we'll do it tomorrow. In the future bla bla bla.

Time.

Fucking time.

Either drags or flies but we will never have enough to do the things we want, to make our lives happier, to make people smile, to fulfill our goals, to tell people we love them, to make a difference, we will NEVER have the time to do those things unless we actually fucking try and stop believing we have a future to do it in, coz it will always be just out of reach unless we act.

There will be so many changes in relationships all over the world. You'll have babies born of this, divorce papers being served asap, people bonded closer than they ever imagined and a mountain of people who are being kept a secret realising they're being taken for a cunt. I think there's gonna be a massive amount of evaluating going on and people making choices to live instead of merely existing and plodding.

P

over a year ago

"It's made me think hugely.

We put so many things off in our lives, we'll do it soon, we'll do it tomorrow. In the future bla bla bla.

Time.

Fucking time.

Either drags or flies but we will never have enough to do the things we want, to make our lives happier, to make people smile, to fulfill our goals, to tell people we love them, to make a difference, we will NEVER have the time to do those things unless we actually fucking try and stop believing we have a future to do it in, coz it will always be just out of reach unless we act.

There will be so many changes in relationships all over the world. You'll have babies born of this, divorce papers being served asap, people bonded closer than they ever imagined and a mountain of people who are being kept a secret realising they're being taken for a cunt. I think there's gonna be a massive amount of evaluating going on and people making choices to live instead of merely existing and plodding.

P"

I think you’re right P x

over a year ago

Time.

Fucking time.

P"

It’s made think more carefully about food, in terms of how to buy and consume sensibly.

It’s also made me think twice about some career changes I was going to make.

over a year ago

At some point next year this will be old news and fade out

The media are good at that

over a year ago

looking to downsize, much smaller house and more land if possible

already retired, may do some more charity work

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Yep. I’m getting married after this, to the first man who asks!

I should be glorifying in having a man in me balls deep, not stressing out over overhanging tree branches and pressure washing the patio area.

over a year ago

Apart from not getting out on my bike or off to the gym in the mornings its not really bothered me. When all this is over, I'll just revert straight back to my regular routine.

over a year ago

"Yep. I’m getting married after this, to the first man who asks!

I should be glorifying in having a man in me balls deep, not stressing out over overhanging tree branches and pressure washing the patio area.

"

If you take it up the bum, I'll. Marry you!

over a year ago

It's great to see people looking out for each other

By *indy louTV/TS
over a year ago

durham

"I'm going to buy a caravan for me Ma after this. Periwinkle blue. I like to look after me Ma. I might also get a dag.

Shut up and sit down you big bald fuck "

. Them sausages ready yet Turkish....

over a year ago

I think some businesses with realise that some staff can work from home and may utilise this. Sometimes when companies are forced to put things in place they realise things can be done.

I think life will be different post virus. I think we'll continue to see face masks being worn for sometime.

What made me think the other day while queuing to get into a supermarket was a sign that said "please only handle fresh fruit and veg if you intend to buy" but surely that should the case regardless. I've often seen people handling loads of the same fruit and the putting one onion in their trolley. That really f***s me off.

I think the tourism industry in places like Spain, Italy and China will suffer for a while. I feel that we as a nation should make an effort to try and boost our own economy once the dust has settled and buy British, eat locally, weekends/weeks away in our own country, visit local attractions etc. We've all come together during this awful time and one thing which instantly springs to mind is last week at 8pm, the claps for the NHS (there's another today too). Locally I've seen people deliver food and supplies to the vulnerable, I've seen communities pulling together. When all this eventually comes to and end let's make Britain great again!

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Time.

Fucking time.

P"

Those are very wise words P - I’m already re-evaluating....

over a year ago

I think this has to have affected everyone and how they think/look at life in some way or another. Don’t you think?"

We humans seem to forget pretty quickly though I think. And once we get our comforts back, everything troubling can then be someone elses problem to sort out. Id hope not, but I dont know

over a year ago

And thats the sad thing, we only take action when it directly affects our own or immediate families health/lifestyle in ways we can see with our own eyes

over a year ago

I really want to believe that the biggest change will be people having more respect for shop workers, bin men, factory workers, etc. All jobs that have been widely looked down on, but they're the people holding some semblance of normality together now. And by and large, they don't even earn a living wage.

I would love to think that people in general will re-prioritise how much of their lives they give over to work, and that we'll see more people cutting down their work hours to spend time with family or doing voluntary work in their community. I say that as someone who was working 60 hours a week before this all started, and is now embracing the opportunity for a complete career change!

Also, I'm apparently a massive hippy and idealist

By *lutinnylons69TV/TS
over a year ago

Woodbridge Suffolk

Politicians will be the first to forget the courage and dedication of all the front line services.

As for me will definitely be giving out more hugs in male and female guises.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

It's certainly made me think about what's important in my life & also the little things we used to take for granted. Will I/everything go back to normal after? It's too early to say but, I'd like to think the experience will make me a better person in some ways

over a year ago

It made me more aware of my emotional needs pyramid. And fragile nature of world. How we are getting swept by a one tiny virus and our lives thrown upside down. It's a bit adjusting lesson.

over a year ago

It's made me think life is even more precious and I should be making the most of life, because it can all be over in a second.

over a year ago

"It's made me think life is even more precious and I should be making the most of life, because it can all be over in a second.

"

over a year ago

Actually it has. In many ways our life isnt that different, but I think I will value my family and friends far more highly, and I absolutely cannot wait to hug them all tightly!!

over a year ago

I’m gonna build an air rade shelter complete with disco booze n biscuits

By *nvisible_beardMan
over a year ago

near newbridge, wales

Life will be forced to change for some as they wont have anything to go back to when this all ends.

Some wont have jobs. Some wont have money. Some wont want to go out. Some will want to save for the next world shut down.

The end of the world survivalists with their bomb shelters dont look so crazy anymore to me

over a year ago

"Life will be forced to change for some as they wont have anything to go back to when this all ends.

Some wont have jobs. Some wont have money. Some wont want to go out. Some will want to save for the next world shut down.

The end of the world survivalists with their bomb shelters dont look so crazy anymore to me "

The future is uncertain. That’s true

By *iker boy 69Man
over a year ago

midlands

"I'm going to buy a caravan for me Ma after this. Periwinkle blue. I like to look after me Ma. I might also get a dag."

I watched that yesterday again

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I feel society is more fragile and less cohesive, people less civilised, than I thought. I'm trying to keep away from dark thoughts about it, pull myself and others out of pits.

I feel insignificant and helpless, even as I'm helping.

My politics and values have become much stronger than they were.

over a year ago

"I feel society is more fragile and less cohesive, people less civilised, than I thought. I'm trying to keep away from dark thoughts about it, pull myself and others out of pits.

My politics and values have become much stronger than they were. "

I think we all feel a bit helpless. I do little things I can like I sorted out the playroom and posted on a local Facebook site that I’d put lots of toys and games outside for people to help themselves on their “daily walk”. I think most of us are doing what we can. Don’t feel insignificant though. You’re not.

over a year ago

I agree we all feel helpless there’s no other way to feel BUT I think people are being even more friendly and social interaction is gonna be amazing as people all crave to just be normal again. I can’t wait to go to a bar and have the best time ever with happy fun people whom are happy just to be free again

Good times to come

over a year ago

"I agree we all feel helpless there’s no other way to feel BUT I think people are being even more friendly and social interaction is gonna be amazing as people all crave to just be normal again. I can’t wait to go to a bar and have the best time ever with happy fun people whom are happy just to be free again

Good times to come "

Yes. I think people are too. Certainly they are where I live. Everyone is really pulling together. It’s so nice to see. Good times to come for sure!

over a year ago

"I agree we all feel helpless there’s no other way to feel BUT I think people are being even more friendly and social interaction is gonna be amazing as people all crave to just be normal again. I can’t wait to go to a bar and have the best time ever with happy fun people whom are happy just to be free again

Good times to come

Yes. I think people are too. Certainly they are where I live. Everyone is really pulling together. It’s so nice to see. Good times to come for sure! "

Exactly girl. People pulling together. People going out to the shops for the old that need it. People being supportive even here on a sex site forum. There’s a lot of love going around and we all have had a shake up. Our freedom will be celebrated when it comes and I think most people will be even better humans. I shall drink to that

over a year ago

Good times to come

Yes. I think people are too. Certainly they are where I live. Everyone is really pulling together. It’s so nice to see. Good times to come for sure!

Exactly girl. People pulling together. People going out to the shops for the old that need it. People being supportive even here on a sex site forum. There’s a lot of love going around and we all have had a shake up. Our freedom will be celebrated when it comes and I think most people will be even better humans. I shall drink to that "

Absolutely!

over a year ago

Digging a bunker in the back garden is actually a lot harder than I anticipated

over a year ago

Well apart from the inconveniences of lockdown it hasn't made any difference other than to make work more tedious as I'm now office based...

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I feel society is more fragile and less cohesive, people less civilised, than I thought. I'm trying to keep away from dark thoughts about it, pull myself and others out of pits.

I think we all feel a bit helpless. I do little things I can like I sorted out the playroom and posted on a local Facebook site that I’d put lots of toys and games outside for people to help themselves on their “daily walk”. I think most of us are doing what we can. Don’t feel insignificant though. You’re not. "

I just feel like... The difference I'm making is less than the harm others are causing, and less than the cost of my keep.

Trying to resist dark thoughts.

over a year ago

I think we all feel a bit helpless. I do little things I can like I sorted out the playroom and posted on a local Facebook site that I’d put lots of toys and games outside for people to help themselves on their “daily walk”. I think most of us are doing what we can. Don’t feel insignificant though. You’re not.

I just feel like... The difference I'm making is less than the harm others are causing, and less than the cost of my keep.

Trying to resist dark thoughts."

There will always be not so wise people in the world making bad choices. Most are making good ones including yourself. All this will be over at some point and the world will go on. Look to the positives. Look at all the people that are doing the right thing including yourself and gain power n strength from that. Positive thoughts x

over a year ago

There will always be not so wise people in the world making bad choices. Most are making good ones including yourself. All this will be over at some point and the world will go on. Look to the positives. Look at all the people that are doing the right thing including yourself and gain power n strength from that. Positive thoughts x"

Pretty much sums up what I was going to type

over a year ago

There will always be not so wise people in the world making bad choices. Most are making good ones including yourself. All this will be over at some point and the world will go on. Look to the positives. Look at all the people that are doing the right thing including yourself and gain power n strength from that. Positive thoughts x

Pretty much sums up what I was going to type "

Think we’re on the same page. Got to be positive. I’ve had a hard life growing up in abusive house I stay positive about everything. Hope and being kind is everything. No dark thoughts no..just good ones

over a year ago

Ps best way is instead of focusing on the small minority doing bad ...focus on the large majority doing good .....that’s got to be a good thing

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've climbed out of the worst of my pit, oddly. I'm no longer paralysed by anxiety. But that feels insufficient and I fear we'll learn nothing from this global trauma.

over a year ago

"Ps best way is instead of focusing on the small minority doing bad ...focus on the large majority doing good .....that’s got to be a good thing "

. And there’s so many of them too

over a year ago

"I've climbed out of the worst of my pit, oddly. I'm no longer paralysed by anxiety. But that feels insufficient and I fear we'll learn nothing from this global trauma."

Time will tell. I think we will though.

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Trying to resist dark thoughts."

Reminds me of a story..

A huge storm had washed up thousands and thousands of starfish on to a beach.

A man walking down the beach came across a woman who kept stopping and throwing a starfish back into the water.

The man called to the woman, “there are thousands of them, your not going to make a difference”.

The woman bent down picked one up and threw it back into the sea. “Made a difference to that one”.

over a year ago

"I've climbed out of the worst of my pit, oddly. I'm no longer paralysed by anxiety. But that feels insufficient and I fear we'll learn nothing from this global trauma.

Time will tell. I think we will though. "

Take the positive thoughts that most have. Take all OUR positive outlooks and when you feel down think about the good things. We are sending YOU YOURSEL massive positive vibes and love. You cannot feel down with LOVE being directly sent to YOU

over a year ago

Reminds me of a story..

A huge storm had washed up thousands and thousands of starfish on to a beach.

A man walking down the beach came across a woman who kept stopping and throwing a starfish back into the water.

The man called to the woman, “there are thousands of them, your not going to make a difference”.

The woman bent down picked one up and threw it back into the sea. “Made a difference to that one”."

Love that

over a year ago

"About what’s important etc. Do you think you’ll just go totally back to normal after this nightmare or do you think you’ll change your life a little? And if so how and what will you change?"

Personally l think the good decent people that were will still be the good decent people after and unfortunately l think the arrogant condesending, pompous , obnoxious assholes will still be the same after... leopards do not change their spots ...

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Thanks everyone. I'm weirdly ok. Just resigned to... Shit. Many people suck.

Post new Message to Thread