Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Silence is a cancer

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I know a classic line from a classic song..BUT I just want to say to everyone please, in these strange times be aware of yourself and others that are with you..silence is not a common way of life for many..very few have actually spent more than a few hours in a situation such as this but I have..3 years homeless and I know it's effect. The mindset changes the longer it is alone..not in everyone admittedly but for many. It adapts and before your know it you are changing..you seek more silence, you withdraw into yourself, you don t need or want people in your space. .loved ones or otherwise. You stop communicating..you may stop using your social media, you may get a can't be arsed attitude, you may stop seeking the affection you once readily shared..there is already a spike in mental health over the last few weeks so all I'm saying is monitor your loved ones and yourself for changes such as the above..silence nearly finished me and yesterday I noticed my partner showing same signs because I ve been gone everyday working so today I ve taking day off, I may do same tomorrow. It is not weakness it is an alteration, a survival instinct of the brain but it's not a good one if you don't understand it so please stay well, stay healthy in mind and body and stay aware.take care people.x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Thank you x you too x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
Post new Message to Thread