Favourite film scenes - What's yours?

Jump to newest

By *rFunBoy OP   Man
over a year ago

Longridge

NETWORK - 1976

"I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!"

Enjoy...

“I don’t have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It’s a depression. Everybody’s out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel’s worth. Banks are going bust. Shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there’s nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there’s no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that’s the way it’s supposed to be.

We know things are bad – worse than bad. They’re crazy. It’s like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don’t go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is: ‘Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won’t say anything. Just leave us alone.’

Well, I’m not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get MAD! I don’t want you to protest. I don’t want you to riot – I don’t want you to write to your congressman, because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write. I don’t know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you’ve got to get mad. (shouting) You’ve got to say: ‘I’m a human being, god-dammit! My life has value!’

So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell: ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’

I want you to get up right now. Sit up. Go to your windows. Open them and stick your head out and yell – ‘I’m as mad as hell and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’ Things have got to change. But first, you’ve gotta get mad!…You’ve got to say, ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’ Then we’ll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first, get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Too much writing mate !

By *uicy jonesMan
over a year ago

near a big hill in s/ shropshire NOT in

"Too much writing mate ! "

I thought the same, he must be pretty bored

By *eniorsxMan
over a year ago

Coggeshall

Wilder/Prior Getting bad, in Stir crazy

By *uicy jonesMan
over a year ago

The words" fuck Rambo" , when Billy blows up the Lorry in Beverly Hills Cop II

over a year ago

Mine’s easy- Salma Hayek dancing to After Dark in Dusk til Dawn x

Viv x

By *nvisible_beardMan
over a year ago

near newbridge, wales

The credits or outtakes in most films

By *uicy jonesMan
over a year ago

"Mine’s easy- Salma Hayek dancing to After Dark in Dusk til Dawn x

Viv x"

that's one crazy film ,,, but watched it many times for your above reason

By *rFunBoy OP   Man
over a year ago

Longridge

"Too much writing mate ! "

You've got 3 months at home to read it..

over a year ago

Viv x that's one crazy film ,,, but watched it many times for your above reason "

I only watch that scene for tips on dancing, of course, and not because she looks hot as fook!! xx

By *uicy jonesMan
over a year ago

Viv x that's one crazy film ,,, but watched it many times for your above reason

I only watch that scene for tips on dancing, of course, and not because she looks hot as fook!! xx"

Yes she's a real minger

over a year ago

The lift scene in Drive, the end scene in Death proof when they catch stuntman mike.

The cafe scene in pulp fiction.

The final dance in dirty dancing.

I could be here all night!

By *emma HoldenTV/TS
over a year ago

Ramsey

Bohemian Rhapsody in Wayne World.

Or the outbreak of farting in Blazing Saddles. Childish but oh so funny.

over a year ago

Viv x that's one crazy film ,,, but watched it many times for your above reason

I only watch that scene for tips on dancing, of course, and not because she looks hot as fook!! xx

Yes she's a real minger "

She is! Don’t know what all the fuss was about tbh xx

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

So many....

Dead Poets Society - "captain, my captain"

Field of Dreams - "wanna have a catch"

Cemetery Junction - "wish we'd taken the holiday now"

Shawshank Redemption - the poster reveal

Mona Lisa - Beach walk

Inception - Corridor fight

Last of the Mohicans - catch up run

Mississippi Burning - Social club visit

Commitments - Try a little Tenderness

... think of more later.

over a year ago

"Worth waiting for"..John Mills and Anthony Quayle downing a beer after trekking across the desert to Alexandria in North Africa during WW2. Carlsberg used it as an ad.

"Fucking A" and " surfs up dude" Pointbreak.

" My mom used to say life is like a box of chocolates"

over a year ago

Sorry bud but I’m a guy and my attention went after the first two lines

over a year ago

"NETWORK - 1976

"I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!"

Enjoy...

“I don’t have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It’s a depression. Everybody’s out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel’s worth. Banks are going bust. Shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there’s nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there’s no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that’s the way it’s supposed to be.

We know things are bad – worse than bad. They’re crazy. It’s like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don’t go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is: ‘Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won’t say anything. Just leave us alone.’

Well, I’m not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get MAD! I don’t want you to protest. I don’t want you to riot – I don’t want you to write to your congressman, because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write. I don’t know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you’ve got to get mad. (shouting) You’ve got to say: ‘I’m a human being, god-dammit! My life has value!’

So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell: ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’

I want you to get up right now. Sit up. Go to your windows. Open them and stick your head out and yell – ‘I’m as mad as hell and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’ Things have got to change. But first, you’ve gotta get mad!…You’ve got to say, ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’ Then we’ll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first, get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’

"

Peter Finch; such a brilliant and underrated actor

over a year ago

I can tell that I'm in a sappy mood this morning, cos I saw the thread and immediately thought of the "kiss in the rain" scene from The Notebook.

over a year ago

Rita sue and bob too the car scene lol amazing

over a year ago

The bit of The Dambusters just after the news report- showing some of the crews coming back and then those that didn’t........... all done with no music. The only sounds are the actors moving. The most haunting part is the table being cleared for a crew never to return.

Saw that film when I was five with my grandad..... still remember how tears were in his eyes

Post new Message to Thread