Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to London

Bricklayer looking for advice

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Strange place to post I know but I'm thinking of moving to London and just looking for advice on best places to go for bricklaying jobs and cheap places to stay. Any help would be really appreciated thanks.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *unLondonLadMan
over a year ago

Enfield

I'm a construction manager in London; accommodation in London is always cheaper in rougher areas such as peckham or harlesden, or Edmonton. As for bricklaying jobs, I would say your best bet is an agency, if your work is good subbies will keep you. If you need more specific advice, just message me. Cheers

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thanks for the advice I appreciate it

By *antileveredCouple
over a year ago

North London

"Strange place to post I know but I'm thinking of moving to London and just looking for advice on best places to go for bricklaying jobs and cheap places to stay. Any help would be really appreciated thanks. "

If you're coming over from Ireland, it's worth getting in touch with some of the London based GAA clubs. They often have an informal or sometimes even formal employment liaison officer to help chaps into work and unsurprisingly their contact networks usually include numerous construction, sub contracting, and civil engineering firms. If GAA isn't your thing, the same principle applies to rugby, kayaking, athletics etc. If you're short on contacts, get busy with social media and hustle a bit.

Post new Message to Thread