Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

peopled opinion bothers you ?

Jump to newest

By *un_Paul500 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

I feel on the forums I’m taken very seriously by a lot of people who don’t know me well. Most of the time it's for fun .. or to make few friends. Which I feel I m miserably failing

Anyway, Are you bothered about how people take you?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a time in my life when I did. I suppose it's only natural for a lot, if not all, of us at one point or another; a want to please everyone!

You can never do that though, be it on here or in life in general.

If Fab has taught me anything it's that you should just embrace being you . There's something or someone out there for everyone, OP, and it's best to surround yourself with people who know and like you for you

By *un_Paul500 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a time in my life when I did. I suppose it's only natural for a lot, if not all, of us at one point or another; a want to please everyone!

If Fab has taught me anything it's that you should just embrace being you . There's something or someone out there for everyone, OP, and it's best to surround yourself with people who know and like you for you "

That's some words of wisdom

over a year ago

people's opinions on here don't bother me unless the don't sit right with us i.e. far/alt right shite etc but that's us in general.

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

I try to let it not bother me. I am who i am which is not to everyones taste and thats fine.

over a year ago

Not any more, too old for that shit now. I've filed it under "things that are a waste of my life"

It can take people a while to get used to a new forum user's posting style, plus most of us will respond more readily to those with whom we are already familiar. Stick with it, and never take things personally.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

" I feel on the forums I’m taken very seriously by a lot of people who don’t know me well. Most of the time it's for fun .. or to make few friends. Which I feel I m miserably failing

Anyway, Are you bothered about how people take you? "

I feel this may be related to your earlier post today which went wrong and some comments were made that might have upset you.

My advice if it is would be not to take things personally some things are just said in jest.

I'll never meet 99% of the peoole on here so while I can appreciate the laughts in the forums,the stunning pictures of nearly everone I'll try not get upset if my posts don't get liked.

Don't change you because of some strangers opinion and hopefully someone will reach through to you on here.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

I'm not really sure what you mean when you say you are being taken seriously.. do you mean you ARENT being taken seriously?

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

" I feel on the forums I’m taken very seriously by a lot of people who don’t know me well. Most of the time it's for fun .. or to make few friends. Which I feel I m miserably failing

Anyway, Are you bothered about how people take you?

I feel this may be related to your earlier post today which went wrong and some comments were made that might have upset you.

My advice if it is would be not to take things personally some things are just said in jest.

I'll never meet 99% of the peoole on here so while I can appreciate the laughts in the forums,the stunning pictures of nearly everone I'll try not get upset if my posts don't get liked.

Don't change you because of some strangers opinion and hopefully someone will reach through to you on here.

"

Reading bogmans take on the issue I've realised that I did indeed make a smart arse comment on your earlier post but it was not meant to hurt or belittle you or anyone else op.

It was done in a light hearted manner which carried on from similar posts but I'll apologise unreservedly if it caused upset.

I'm sorry mate.

over a year ago

"I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a time in my life when I did. I suppose it's only natural for a lot, if not all, of us at one point or another; a want to please everyone!

If Fab has taught me anything it's that you should just embrace being you . There's something or someone out there for everyone, OP, and it's best to surround yourself with people who know and like you for you "

You, are a good human.

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

Opinions have no weight unless you give them weight.

So when someone tells me an opinion they have of me, I hold it in my hands and have a look at it. I'm honest with myself, if they called out something real, then it wont bother me, but I will add weight to it, so that I can change what they mentioned. If they were just being mean then their opinion is meaningless so no weight gets added and i let go to read the next thing and it just floats off.

So I will take the opinion of anyone on board, people who hate me, people who like me, people who have extreme views, none of that matters to me. If they said the truth and its something i didnt notice before and its something I can change then i will.

99% of opinions are just floating away. They are opinions given by someone who read something you wrote in an angry voice in their head so they are arguing with you for no reason. They are people who don't really know you and just trying to poke and prod at you.

You could hurl abuse at me for a week non stop, and then finally say "and you dont change your socks enough", and I wiggle my toes and think "actually my socks are a bit moist, they have a point there", and off I would go, change my socks and sit back down.

I know not everyone can shrug off everything said to them. Even a simple comment like "youre an idiot" can weigh a few tonne to them.

I didn't know some people took such things to heart so much until I was an adult. Ive never taken them to heart. When I was an adult I was going through training and they were attempting to make people snap and break. I expected people to just break due to physical exertion. Like "we walked 20 miles today and i twisted my ankle and thats it, I am out".

But the mental aspect broke way way way way more people than the physical. Crazy seeing grown men just fall to the ground from being called names and having lots of nasty stuff said in their ears, then picking themselves up and just walking off.

Its why I never insult people, even on here loads have insulted me, but I never once called anyone on here a name. Cause for some people, its like you just punched them in the face.

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

No

over a year ago

Nope wouldn't bother me in the least

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Why would you bother about opinions of people you don't know, actually you could even say you don't even know their opinion of you? You interpret their reaction/post as how they perceive your perspective of your persona. It's a projection of a projection of a projection.

Op, just be yourself and give it a bit more time

over a year ago

Why would you give a fuck what anyone on here thinks!?

over a year ago

Fuck um all dude..there's people on here don't like me without ever meeting me, probably cause I'm a bit of a class clown or cause I flirt with every girl I dont know..but you do you .keep doing you and you'll always be happy..

By *olm_irishMan
over a year ago

Clonee

"Why would you give a fuck what anyone on here thinks!? "

This

If some are silly enough to form a full opinion of you from a few lines written in your profile etc.. just move on mate

By *un_Paul500 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Thanks guys, feeling overwhelmed and humbled with response.

It wasn’t personal at all and not related to any recent post. Just finished my first month here and trying to reflect back on journey. I came across quite a few nice ppl but couldn’t work out. So was wondering if I need to change my approach,

Only approach not the attitude, I am what I am.. Mrs123.. I am listening you

Realitybites, not sure why I gave impression that it’s you. Not at all, I like craic and enjoys your banter. Though it’s nice of you to come forward and extend your support. That’s called a gentleman!

Anyway, if not friends now after this post I know I have few nice fellows fabbers who cares about others.

Enough of serious talks, let the fun begin. For all you awesome fabbers free Roses and bottle of your fav wine form my side on next Valentine. Charge it to my account in “Fabbers Bank of Heartland”. PM me for account details ??

Post new Message to Thread