By *acmullyCouple
over a year ago

in the land of diet coke and club orange

Love it and so easy to use too and way better for traveling as well

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eanbelfastMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Brilliant card, easy to use and you get the exchange rate in the day with foreign currency without a fee if on holiday

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Lee is all about it, I'm considering becoming a Luddite, getting a bit creeped out by technology these days.

By *nythingoes1Man
over a year ago

All over

Great card i have one easy to use and get notified within minutes of using the card

over a year ago

Have one and highly recommend it. Easy to keep track of spending, can turn off tap and online transactions if need be, transfer money to my son's card straight away, was in UK last week and no commission charges, set daily tsp limit too.

By *litoris_AllsortssWoman
over a year ago

There , or thereabouts in

revolut is brilliant.. just bought my first place in spain... having to send money to the builder regularly... so easy to transfer money from uk bank to spanish bank via revolut.... love it.... also far easier to use as a bank card whilst in another country - as long as you have that currency loaded up, theres no commisions on the basic account......BUT- they are not yet covered under the financial scheme, so if they go bust - any money you have 'in' their account isnt yet covered.. hopefully that will change soon, now they have achieved 'bank' status

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man
over a year ago

Tipperary

Sounds good.

over a year ago

"revolut is brilliant.. just bought my first place in spain... having to send money to the builder regularly... so easy to transfer money from uk bank to spanish bank via revolut.... love it.... also far easier to use as a bank card whilst in another country - as long as you have that currency loaded up, theres no commisions on the basic account......BUT- they are not yet covered under the financial scheme, so if they go bust - any money you have 'in' their account isnt yet covered.. hopefully that will change soon, now they have achieved 'bank' status"

I only transfer what I need to it so only a minimal amount in it most if the time and top up as I need. Each time I use it a small % goes into the vault which is quite handy too like a wee savings account

By *allyWally19Woman
over a year ago

The Road to Nowhere

I love it. Like everyone said...free, pretty much instant transfers, no commission on fx. Can set up vaults for rounding up spare change. And, if you're paid monthly (like me), can help with budgeting too!

By *abKenMan
over a year ago

Dundalk

I agree with all of the above. Instant transfers is excellent! If you are out for a meal with mates and are splitting the bill it's so easy.

It's also very handy when you have kids with accounts. No looking for cash, the transfer process is so so simple

By *mudger69Man
over a year ago

C

When I moved here I used them to exchange 100’s of thousands. I’d recommend them highly.

over a year ago

Tipperary

"revolut is brilliant.. just bought my first place in spain... having to send money to the builder regularly... so easy to transfer money from uk bank to spanish bank via revolut.... love it.... also far easier to use as a bank card whilst in another country - as long as you have that currency loaded up, theres no commisions on the basic account......BUT- they are not yet covered under the financial scheme, so if they go bust - any money you have 'in' their account isnt yet covered.. hopefully that will change soon, now they have achieved 'bank' status

I only transfer what I need to it so only a minimal amount in it most if the time and top up as I need. Each time I use it a small % goes into the vault which is quite handy too like a wee savings account"

what is the vault section generally for?

over a year ago

"I agree with all of the above. Instant transfers is excellent! If you are out for a meal with mates and are splitting the bill it's so easy.

It's also very handy when you have kids with accounts. No looking for cash, the transfer process is so so simple "

I find carrying a few fivers at all times to be much more economical

over a year ago

There's also a German bank going by the name N26. Apparently governed by our central bank for use so maybe more secure?

Similar great service and fee free conversion abroad. Using it myself stateside next month

over a year ago

"revolut is brilliant.. just bought my first place in spain... having to send money to the builder regularly... so easy to transfer money from uk bank to spanish bank via revolut.... love it.... also far easier to use as a bank card whilst in another country - as long as you have that currency loaded up, theres no commisions on the basic account......BUT- they are not yet covered under the financial scheme, so if they go bust - any money you have 'in' their account isnt yet covered.. hopefully that will change soon, now they have achieved 'bank' status

I only transfer what I need to it so only a minimal amount in it most if the time and top up as I need. Each time I use it a small % goes into the vault which is quite handy too like a wee savings accountwhat is the vault section generally for?"

Can just save a wee bit of money, say on holidays whatever was in vault I spent in duty free on way home

over a year ago

Tipperary

I only transfer what I need to it so only a minimal amount in it most if the time and top up as I need. Each time I use it a small % goes into the vault which is quite handy too like a wee savings accountwhat is the vault section generally for?

Can just save a wee bit of money, say on holidays whatever was in vault I spent in duty free on way home"

would anyone here nearly always pay by card when out or would you generally use cash?

By *oreThanOnceMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Both Revolut and N26 are a very handy.

The biggest difference being that Revolut is a pre paid debit card and N26 is a proper no fees bank account that gives you a debit card.

The basic free cards are good and the premium services are very handy for frequent travelers abroad.

I find Revolut handy as a daily card in Ireland too and for any online transactions.

I've saved money since I've started using both.

Post new Message to Thread