Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Should we all be worried ??

Jump to newest

By *rumpyMcFuckNugget OP   Man
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

About this new virus emanating from surprise surprise, good old China !!

14 UK tests , so far 5 negative and 9 results to come.

It only takes 1 positive result and it will spread

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *illium_cobblersMan
over a year ago

swords & Derby

We,rrrrre dooooomed, doooooomed

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We're all going to die sooner or later.

By *olm_irishMan
over a year ago

Clonee

Who new..."sweet n sour" boom boom

By *ungry CatCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

No point in worrying....... just keep swinging!!!!

By *rumpyMcFuckNugget OP   Man
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"No point in worrying....... just keep swinging!!!! "

Unless it's with a Chinese person

By *mudger69Man
over a year ago

C

It’s not as bad as SARS; that didn’t wipe us out! Be grand

over a year ago

The media love to whip up a scare story. I make a point of only worrying about things that are in my control, worrying about other shit just ruins the life you should be enjoying

over a year ago

A Zombie Apocalypse could happen

Kaizer is armed with his Axe

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

"A Zombie Apocalypse could happen

Kaizer is armed with his Axe "

I'm armed to the teeth

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

I think the world needs something to reduce the population so maybe this virus might be helpful

over a year ago

I'm armed to the teeth "

Lets do this maaaan

By *antra MassageMan
over a year ago

Wicklow

Why worry.. We're an island.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Just always fascinated by this emoji, had to post one myself.

What's the question again?

By *P_80Man
over a year ago

Waterford

SARS

Bird Flu

Swine Flu

Yeah, they were gonna wipe us all out too.

over a year ago

"About this new virus emanating from surprise surprise, good old China !!

It only takes 1 positive result and it will spread "

Were due a major thining/culling of the herd, Mother Nature is a cruel but fair mistress, and she'll do what ever it takes to survive and at the moment we're her biggest treat.

It's not a matter of if but when another world wide pandemic hits. One that will wipe million of the world population. The young, the old, the sick and the poor are most at risk, but no gaurntee people outside this demographic are safe. 5-10% of the worlds population will be immune.

Then we can hit reset and start again, hopefully in a world without a monetary system.

over a year ago

"

What's the question again? "

Something is coming DH and we need to be ready

Kaizer suspects it's Zombies

over a year ago

Kaizer is armed with his Axe "

You wanna a Lobotomizer K-Dog

WORLD WAR Z

Entrenching Tool

The Standard Infantry Entrenching Tool , commonly referred to as a Lobotomizer or Lobo , was a tool and melee weapon used by the United States military. It was used to dig holes and trenches but was equally effective as a close quarters weapon against zombies, making it very popular with soldiers.

The Lobotomizer was designed by the Marine Corps as they sought to produce a cost-effective weapon that could be easily produced. Since it was made of out the metal from recycled cars their was a large amount of metal available to produce them. They were designed to function as both a tool and weapon so resembles a cross between a shovel and battle-ax. Twenty-three million were produced during World War Z, with production continuing even after the war was over.

The Lobotomizer was put into action shortly after its development during the restructuring of the military. They were used mainly as tools during the Battle of Hope and were only used as weapons in the closing stages of the battle. After the battle was won soldiers armed with Lobotomizers were assigned to roll the corpses into ditches and eliminate any zombies that had managed to survive the battle. They presumably were used throughout the war and are still being produced, indicating that they are still a popular anti-zombie weapon.

By *reland8Man
over a year ago

sandyford

WORLD WAR Z

Entrenching Tool

The Standard Infantry Entrenching Tool , commonly referred to as a Lobotomizer or Lobo , was a tool and melee weapon used by the United States military. It was used to dig holes and trenches but was equally effective as a close quarters weapon against zombies, making it very popular with soldiers.

The Lobotomizer was designed by the Marine Corps as they sought to produce a cost-effective weapon that could be easily produced. Since it was made of out the metal from recycled cars their was a large amount of metal available to produce them. They were designed to function as both a tool and weapon so resembles a cross between a shovel and battle-ax. Twenty-three million were produced during World War Z, with production continuing even after the war was over.

The Lobotomizer was put into action shortly after its development during the restructuring of the military. They were used mainly as tools during the Battle of Hope and were only used as weapons in the closing stages of the battle. After the battle was won soldiers armed with Lobotomizers were assigned to roll the corpses into ditches and eliminate any zombies that had managed to survive the battle. They presumably were used throughout the war and are still being produced, indicating that they are still a popular anti-zombie weapon."

Wait a second.......what..... I missed all of this

By *reland8Man
over a year ago

sandyford

first post I recognised but can’t place it.... second one, I’ve no clue but sounds cool!

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

Historically speaking these things would just thin the herd.

Every country had its own isolated dna, it would eventually hit one that had a natural immunity, and them people would take a step up.

However, the whole of Europe is now one genetic group, so we are all fucked, The next virus that has a high kill rate, wont just thin, it will annihilate.

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

Binge watching doomsday preppers and building a moat around my house filled with gators

over a year ago

WORLD WAR Z

Entrenching Tool

The Lobotomizer was put into action shortly after its development during the restructuring of the military. They were used mainly as tools during the Battle of Hope and were only used as weapons in the closing stages of the battle. After the battle was won soldiers armed with Lobotomizers were assigned to roll the corpses into ditches and eliminate any zombies that had managed to survive the battle. They presumably were used throughout the war and are still being produced, indicating that they are still a popular anti-zombie weapon."

That is so badass

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

WORLD WAR Z

Entrenching Tool

Where can I get one

over a year ago

WORLD WAR Z

Entrenching Tool

The Lobotomizer was put into action shortly after its development during the restructuring of the military. They were used mainly as tools during the Battle of Hope and were only used as weapons in the closing stages of the battle. After the battle was won soldiers armed with Lobotomizers were assigned to roll the corpses into ditches and eliminate any zombies that had managed to survive the battle. They presumably were used throughout the war and are still being produced, indicating that they are still a popular anti-zombie weapon.

Where can I get one "

Kaizer is getting 3

It's the Manbeasts dream Apocalypse weapon

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

if you see an Asian person sneeze please, please, please do not decapitate them with a shovel.

There is no need for that.

Just turn around and run, just run. Getting close enough to decapitate them is just too dangerous, their saliva can infect you.

over a year ago

"if you see an Asian person sneeze please, please, please do not decapitate them with a shovel.

There is no need for that.

Just turn around and run, just run. Getting close enough to decapitate them is just too dangerous, their saliva can infect you."

And thats how it starts

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple
over a year ago

ireland

Where's Brad Pitt when we need him

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

The one thing that's guaranteed is that flu will kill many more people than this will.

over a year ago

I'm thinking that Kaizer is so bad ass he is immune to zombie saliva

By *urlyloverMan
over a year ago

n Ireland

We get most things from China.Why not killer viruses as well.

over a year ago

WORLD WAR Z

Entrenching Tool

Where can I get one

Kaizer is getting 3

It's the Manbeasts dream Apocalypse weapon "

Read Mark Brooke's World War Z

Reads like a history book, if you love Zombies as much as I do, you'll really dig this book.

General Raj-Singh, the bad ass Indian general who invents the Raj-Singh manover or more commonly known as The Raj Square.

The new Pacific floating Continent made up of fishing boats, container ships, yachts, oil rigs, fleeing the zombie Infestation on the main land, all now powered buy a Chinese nuclear sub.

The Queen of England remained in Windsor castle the entire Z war, Ireland was not badly infected but other islands were not so lucky, Iceland is still heavily infected, due to its lax imergation laws after the outbreak.

The battle of Yonkers (New York) and the lessons learned in its aftermath, the still heavily infested Paris sewage system, estimated 1.5-2 million zombies still down there after people sought refuge in the sewers but were trapped once infection broke out.

How medieval castles around Europe were ideal for defence, though food supplies were a massive issue in these castles in the early days, some modern day palaces on the other hand, like the Chateau de Versailles were woefully ill equipped to defend against the zombie hordes roaming across mainland Europe.

"We enough dead heros to last us until the end of time"

I could go on and on, even though I read it years ago, like in 2007 or something but it is all still so fresh, but in fairness it did combine my favourite genres in litarture (History) and cinema (War & Zombie/Nuclear apocalypses)

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

apparently they knew about this coronavirus 3 months age..a leading US scientist warned that it could kill 6o million a year..sign of the times ahead

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

I think we should all hole up in the Winchester and wait for this all to blow over..

over a year ago

"I think we should all hole up in the Winchester and wait for this all to blow over.. "

Mrmspump.. you've got red on you!

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Anyone read Stephen King - The Stand about a similar scenario?

And they're building a rare diseases lab up the road from me

By *ungry CatCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

Getting on like its something serious like man flu

over a year ago

"The media love to whip up a scare story. I make a point of only worrying about things that are in my control, worrying about other shit just ruins the life you should be enjoying "

This. Good life rule.

Most people spend more time worrying about what they can control than doing all they can about what they can. It's well know as they think they'll have in control in time.

By *rmrspumpCouple
over a year ago

narnia

"I think we should all hole up in the Winchester and wait for this all to blow over..

Mrmspump.. you've got red on you!"

We’re Coming To Get You, Barbara!

By *etite_RosyWoman
over a year ago

Now in MALAGA (SPAIN)

"

What's the question again?

Something is coming DH and we need to be ready

Kaizer suspects it's Zombies "

By *nrealfeelMan
over a year ago

cork

Get to the chopper!!! If this is the end of days let remember what one famous holy man said ........ we’re all going to heaven ahhhhh...

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

Be grand sure.

over a year ago

Or START LOL

"No point in worrying....... just keep swinging!!!! "

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

"Anyone read Stephen King - The Stand about a similar scenario?"

Yep and it was made into a 6 hour movie that went to tv in 3/4 parts. Like IT originally went to tv as one long movie in 3 or 4 parts.

Although its 6 hours long, it still felt very rushed to me. Also Jame Sheridans hair in it was amazing, and also his dress sense.

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

"Anyone read Stephen King - The Stand about a similar scenario?

Yep and it was made into a 6 hour movie that went to tv in 3/4 parts. Like IT originally went to tv as one long movie in 3 or 4 parts.

Although its 6 hours long, it still felt very rushed to me. Also Jame Sheridans hair in it was amazing, and also his dress sense."

TV movie was pretty poor but I expect it will now be made into another 2 or 3 part movie, with the current Stephen King buzz.

The book is brilliant!

Though even looking at it makes you feel like you're about to try reading the bible!

Don't be scared. Well, you will be in places but, it really is worth the read

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Although its 6 hours long, it still felt very rushed to me. Also Jame Sheridans hair in it was amazing, and also his dress sense.

TV movie was pretty poor but I expect it will now be made into another 2 or 3 part movie, with the current Stephen King buzz.

The book is brilliant!

Though even looking at it makes you feel like you're about to try reading the bible!

Don't be scared. Well, you will be in places but, it really is worth the read "

And saying that, I'm thinking that I could pitch something to Peter Jackson

over a year ago

Never heard as much hyped up bollox in all my life. 14 “suspected” cases, all negative..... someone has been reading the Sun or daily Star too much

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

"TV movie was pretty poor but I expect it will now be made into another 2 or 3 part movie, with the current Stephen King buzz.

The book is brilliant!

Don't be scared. Well, you will be in places but, it really is worth the read "

Yeah, hes relaxed a lot about letting people mess with his content a bit for netflix type shows.

He hated the original shining movie, so much that he actually made his own version. But then he allowed Dr Sleep to be made which I havent seen yet, but its off the back of the original film and not his version.

So I would say someone is looking at it, and Id guess its all about how much freedom they get. I think they would want to tone down the religious elements.

Anyway I watched a Japanese anime the other month, and it is based in an apocolypse world. It was good for one reason they stuck to science. In it they show you how to really survive. Show you things like crushing sea shells to mix in with fertalizer, how to make black powder, how difficult it is to make antibiotics so if you can get some of them get them. Also if you can get cultures of penicillin get them, cause then you can just make your own penicillin forever.

Also we are Irish so we should be protecting our cows, cause we can drink milk and eat cheese. This is a "white" thing, lots of other races cant do that. Actually in an end of civilization scenario, being Irish would be such a huge advantage.

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Doctor Sleep isn't bad.

Fairly sticks to the book but, my recollection, the ending was fairly poor.

Bok much better. Quelle Surprise

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Book not bok

By *oserMan
over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

And they're building a rare diseases lab up the road from me "

Lol

I built one less than 10 miles from you a couple of years ago John.

The shit that they test in it would make your skin crawl

By *p4itduoCouple
over a year ago

santry

Yes we should be concerned if not worried , there is a point of no return it is a bit off yet ,it appears to have a mortality rate of around 2 and half percent which in its infancy sounds small but if medical facilities get over run could rise ,and in our case we can barely deal with our day to day affairs ,its a virus so anti-biotics of no use and very easily spread , if it gets onto to island of ireland if not contained soon it will land on our shores, no doubt about it

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

"Yes we should be concerned if not worried , there is a point of no return it is a bit off yet ,it appears to have a mortality rate of around 2 and half percent which in its infancy sounds small but if medical facilities get over run could rise ,and in our case we can barely deal with our day to day affairs ,its a virus so anti-biotics of no use and very easily spread , if it gets onto to island of ireland if not contained soon it will land on our shores, no doubt about it "

We are all fucked, extinction level event is unavoidable at this rate.

Our medical advances are not keeping up with the loss of genes.

By *ensualandslow321Man
over a year ago

Tullamore

Worry when it happens. No point in worrying about anything that is outside your control

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

"Worry when it happens. No point in worrying about anything that is outside your control"

Its not outside your control though, you are in control of your life.

By *ensualandslow321Man
over a year ago

Tullamore

"Worry when it happens. No point in worrying about anything that is outside your control

Its not outside your control though, you are in control of your life."

If it's a pandemic, no one is in control

By *Sparkie.Man
over a year ago

Ratoath

Worry is like putting a deposit down on something you might never buy, or a down payment on a problem youll never have, dont see the point in it

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

It’s almost all elderly people who have died. And they died from existing medical conditions. Not much different to normal flu. Every winter, hundreds of elderly people in UK die whilst having the flu, which exacerbates other conditions

By *unshine05Man
over a year ago

Sherborne

Lets be honest they should call it Kung flu

over a year ago

Think we should get some information or tips on how to build a hopital in 6 days. What's the cost of the children's hospital at now?

over a year ago

Well said. It can't be put any better than that

over a year ago

nah I wouldn’t worry too much about it, you should be more concerned about contracting “manflu “ it is a deadly virus

Post new Message to Thread