Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Potential meets

Jump to newest

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man
over a year ago

Tipperary

What's the best way for you to narrow down the people ud like to potentially meet? Just add them to your hotlist?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hotlist and if you are in their area, then message a few weeks in advance to see if there is mutual attraction.

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Hotlist and if you are in their area, then message a few weeks in advance to see if there is mutual attraction.

"

location is probably a big one alrite. I'm back on the looking scene but I find there is very few in or around my area. Travelling to an extent is no issue to me as I drive.

over a year ago

We find that the social events organised are a great way to meet people who actually meet - been pleasantly surprised putting faces to profiles and have had such great times at them.

You should try a few.

Put organisers on your hotlist so you get informed when tickets are available.

over a year ago

Tipperary

"We find that the social events organised are a great way to meet people who actually meet - been pleasantly surprised putting faces to profiles and have had such great times at them.

You should try a few.

Put organisers on your hotlist so you get informed when tickets are available. "

ye, it's something I havnt done before. I think I'd find it hard going to one on my own though.

over a year ago

Plenty of people shall be attending so strike up a conversation with a few and ask if there is pre drinks organised.

We all find it daunting, attending these functions but once you attend one it should get easier.

Stop putting barriers up for yourself.

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Plenty of people shall be attending so strike up a conversation with a few and ask if there is pre drinks organised.

We all find it daunting, attending these functions but once you attend one it should get easier.

Stop putting barriers up for yourself. "

I just think personally for myself the one to one scenario suits better but I understand what your saying in relation to socials where you interact with a bundle of people at once.

over a year ago

there is a difference between a house party type social and a Meet & Greet.

certainly arriving alone at a house party can be difficult, but a M&G tends to be in a pub, so going is like going g out for the night, but you are meeting like minded people and get the opportunity to put faces to names.

at a M&G people also get to see your personality, not just the keyboard warrior that may have messaged them.

if you are able to go out to a club to meet people, then a M&G should be no bother

over a year ago

Tipperary

"there is a difference between a house party type social and a Meet & Greet.

certainly arriving alone at a house party can be difficult, but a M&G tends to be in a pub, so going is like going g out for the night, but you are meeting like minded people and get the opportunity to put faces to names.

at a M&G people also get to see your personality, not just the keyboard warrior that may have messaged them.

if you are able to go out to a club to meet people, then a M&G should be no bother"

it is but the thing with a normal night out in a pub/ club, you're going with friends, people you know. The meet and greet scene might be great, I don't know but I find it's a way alot of women like meeting whether it be for safety or time restraints or what not.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Hotlist is the way to go. Also use the notes facility, I find it's really useful.

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Hotlist is the way to go. Also use the notes facility, I find it's really useful. "

over a year ago

"there is a difference between a house party type social and a Meet & Greet.

if you are able to go out to a club to meet people, then a M&G should be no botherit is but the thing with a normal night out in a pub/ club, you're going with friends, people you know. The meet and greet scene might be great, I don't know but I find it's a way alot of women like meeting whether it be for safety or time restraints or what not. "

I remember my first m&g, was already prepared to go on my own when suddenly someone I know popped into my inbox asking if I'm going too and if I need company. Told him I was okay, but will let him know if I change my mind.

Then the group chat started and I realized all the same people, who I've already been chatting to in forums or my own private messages are coming.

Walking into that big room was like walking into a place full of old pals as once you put a face to a profile - you already feel like you know that person.

It's different for guys who solely rely on private messages as fab can be a very lonely world full of rejection. If all of my messages would get deleted on a daily basis, sure as hell I wouldn't go to a party where I will potentially get ignored.

Not your case OP.

By *etite_RosyWoman
over a year ago

Now in MALAGA (SPAIN)

"Plenty of people shall be attending so strike up a conversation with a few and ask if there is pre drinks organised.

Stop putting barriers up for yourself. "

Great advice

OP, dont looking for excuses

One M&G event and you will be grand.

Good luck!

over a year ago

Attending my 1st social in March,definitely going on my own,will be a little daunting for sure but can't wait,nothing great was ever achieved in a comfort zone!

You could maybe try the "meet up" app too,plenty of singles nights on that which would def help lose your nerves

over a year ago

Tipperary

Here's a question I have. Do many meet in a one to one scenario. I mean without attending socials and meet and greets

over a year ago

"Here's a question I have. Do many meet in a one to one scenario. I mean without attending socials and meet and greets "

I used to, only there's so many flakes out There, there's just not enough ice cream around for all of them

over a year ago

A brief yet informative survey supported by some visual aids

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Here's a question I have. Do many meet in a one to one scenario. I mean without attending socials and meet and greets "

I contacted Sydney University for you, here are the results:

38.73% do and 61.27% don't.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

No, I find them too time consuming, most of the time they end in being ghosted anyway.

over a year ago

Tipperary

"Here's a question I have. Do many meet in a one to one scenario. I mean without attending socials and meet and greets

No, I find them too time consuming, most of the time they end in being ghosted anyway. "

no shows?

By *upermanslovechildMan
over a year ago

Glasnevin

"We find that the social events organised are a great way to meet people who actually meet - been pleasantly surprised putting faces to profiles and have had such great times at them.

You should try a few.

Put organisers on your hotlist so you get informed when tickets are available. "

How do you find out about social meets? I only ever see something posting about one after its happened

over a year ago

You should try a few.

Put organisers on your hotlist so you get informed when tickets are available.

How do you find out about social meets? I only ever see something posting about one after its happened "

Look at the forums. Read forum threads - there's always something going on in all different places

over a year ago

I have a few on my wishlist but with a full-time job and 2 young kids it nigh on impossible to pin down a mutually convenient date

By *adylaceWoman
over a year ago

Waterford City

Time is my biggest problem. I work very long hours and I have a hobby that keeps me pretty busy. So I find going to a social is a better way of getting to chat to a few people for future fun meets than arranging separate coffee/drinks meets for them only to not show up.

over a year ago

Tipperary

So are lads who don't go to socials or meets and greets in bother?

By *adylaceWoman
over a year ago

Waterford City

"So are lads who don't go to socials or meets and greets in bother?"

I wouldn’t say that they are in bother. There are plenty of people that still do one to one socials. I still do the odd one myself if I find I’m free. But they are missing out on a golden opportunity to become known by lots of lovely ladies.

By *ayhall27Man
over a year ago

Antrim

I find that advice very good. And will be looking to attending some events but my issue is that I have never met anyone on here so have no verification which is a requirement

over a year ago

I've been to quite a few socials/MnG and they are great for meeting people but I find a one on one social suits me better. I'm not overly confident and at a social it can be hard to approach a guy I may like as someone else is trying to get his attention.

As for potential meets, I watch the forums, use the chat rooms and hopefully a coffee and chat in person may lead to some fun.

Post new Message to Thread