Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Evening drink

Jump to newest

By *hysoserious2012 OP   Man
over a year ago

meath louth border

Hey all new enough too the forums. Just wondering how often do you guys drink at home. I've noticed lately I've been doing it abit too often and just wondering how too get outta the habit

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *gentleman44Man
over a year ago

dublin

"Hey all new enough too the forums. Just wondering how often do you guys drink at home. I've noticed lately I've been doing it abit too often and just wondering how too get outta the habit "
simple answer is just stop

over a year ago

meath louth border

That easy think if it was I'd be asking here lol I know there is loads of people in same situation. It's not that I rely on drink but it's just to chill and relax in evenings

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

Try becks blue..... it’s really nice ( try a blind taste test with say a bud and you will be pleasantly surprised).

over a year ago

meath louth border

Not sure would it be the same would you get that little kick we look for

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

StArt with one day a week if you find it that hard. I would be a ( very) regular drinker but can massively cut down with becks blue.

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

No you don’t get that kick

Cos it ain’t alcohol. But it’s a good stopgap and does trick the mind that you are drinking booze. Works for me and saves on the calories too

over a year ago

meath louth border

Thanks I'll definitely give it ago it's strange cause I'd never think of drinking in day or morning just around 8 or 9 o'clock bit I'd have a good few before bed

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If you think it's a problem, OP, or are worried it may become one then you've already done yourself proud acknowledging it!

Maybe channeling some focus into a hobby? Be it at home or going out somewhere, maybe keeping your mind and body active and occupied would help.

Don't hesitate to drop us a message either, OP, if just for a chat some night. It's good to talk!

By *oxic1998Woman
over a year ago

Belfast

Never drink at home.....especially if I'm by myself....just doesn't appeal to me

over a year ago

meath louth border

"Never drink at home.....especially if I'm by myself....just doesn't appeal to me "

I use to think the exact same

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

I’m having a becks blue watching the snooker - plus, I would be able to drive later on when inundated with meet requests from all the horny Saturday night fab women !!

over a year ago

meath louth border

Shit man your wise here. I had too put so many ladies off cause I couldn't drive your one step ahead lol..

By *ndefiniteSparkMan
over a year ago

ignites minds to unite ...

"I’m having a becks blue watching the snooker - plus, I would be able to drive later on when inundated with meet requests from all the horny Saturday night fab women !! "

5 point s for optimistic attitude

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

"I’m having a becks blue watching the snooker - plus, I would be able to drive later on when inundated with meet requests from all the horny Saturday night fab women !!

5 point s for optimistic attitude "

Especially when they are probably 5 sheets to the wind and I will be as fresh as a daisy lol

over a year ago

Don't buy the drink

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

"Hey all new enough too the forums. Just wondering how often do you guys drink at home. I've noticed lately I've been doing it abit too often and just wondering how too get outta the habit "

Dont be so hard on yourself its baltic out ..even getting to a pub is a struggle..best thing to do on evenings like that is put the heat on and have a drink at home..enjoy your home

over a year ago

I haven't the foggiest idea how one would stop drinking, when it's the lack of alcohol I'm suffering from

This may sound simplistic, but some folk by their very nature have a physiology predisposed to addiction. ie, I know people who can't go for a few sociable drinks, without being found in a ditch several days later having squandered every last cent on booze.

While others of us can drink in moderation, or go for lengthy periods without drinking...

If you're struggling with the demon drink, maybe you should consider a trip to your GP ...I hear AA do great work helping folk to stay on the wagon...

Hope this helps...

Post new Message to Thread