Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

It's the most important thing to do here

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi Fab people.

So I've been here 4 going on 5 months now.

It was important to me to get tested before I joined and met people.

A clean start let's say.

This place is crazy and I'm enjoying myself chatting and have luckily have had a meet or four.

Unluckily for me one of those meets left me with a little present. Chlamydia!

Usually no symptoms but I felt something wasn't just. So off to get tested. Got diagnosis and treatment. I should be right as rain in a week or so.

I did what needs needs to be done and contacted anyone who could have infected me or I them within the time frame.

So people , it is the most important thing you'll do for yourself in this style of living. Go get tested.

(Profile has had a change. Just for a week or so. It'll get a rejig soon)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Fair play to the Op. For a swing site I am surprised that sexual health is not discussed more here. A good New year's resolution is to get checked regularly. Here's a list of services

HSE STI services in Ireland

Carlow

STI Clinic, Carlow District Hospital, Athy Road. Tel: 051 842 646

Clare

STI Clinic, University Hospital Ennis. Tel: 061 482 382

Cork

STI Clinic, South Infirmary Victoria University Hospital, Old Blackrock Road. Tel: 021 496 6844

STI Clinic, Youth Health Service, Penrose House, Penrose Quay, Cork City. Tel: 076 108 4150

Donegal

GUM/ STI Clinic, Letterkenny General Hospital, Letterkenny. Tel: 074 912 3715

Dublin

GUIDE Clinic, St. James’s Hospital, James’s Street, Dublin 8. Tel: 01 416 2315/6

STI Clinic, Mater Hospital, Eccles Street, Dublin 7. Tel: 01 803 2063

Gay Men’s Health Service, Meath Primary Care Centre, Heytesbury Street, Dublin 8. Tel: 01 921 2730

Galway

STI Clinic, Portiuncula Hospital, Ballinasloe. Tel: 090 964 8372 (ext 676)

University Hospital Galway, Newcastle Road. Tel: 091 525 200

Kerry

STI Clinic, University Hospital Kerry, Tralee. Tel: 021 496 6844

Laois

STI Clinic, Out patients Dept., Midland Regional Hospital, Block Rd., Portlaoise. Tel: 086 859 1273

Limerick

STI Clinic, University Hospital Limerick, Dooradoyle. Tel: 061 482 382

Louth

GUM Clinic, Louth County Hospital, Dublin Road, Dundalk. Tel: 086 824 1847

STI Clinic, Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital Drogheda. Tel: 086 824 1847

Mayo

STI Clinic, Mayo General Hospital, Castlebar. Tel: 094 902 1733 (ext 3501)

Monaghan

GUM Clinic, Monaghan General Hospital, Monaghan. Tel: 086 824 1847

Sligo

GUM Clinic, Sligo General Hospital, The Mall. Tel: 071 917 0473

Tipperary

STI Clinic, South Tipperary General Hospital, Clonmel. Tel: 051 842 646

STI Clinic, University Hospital Nenagh. Tel: 061 482 382

Waterford

STI Clinic, University Hospital Waterford Dunmore Road. Tel: 051 842 646

Westmeath

STI Clinic, Midland Regional Hospital, Longford Road, Mullingar. Tel: 086 416 9830

over a year ago

@RosyRedLips cheers for the info.

over a year ago

Dont forget you can also get tested at your GP practice.

over a year ago

Recently tested for EVERY STI & happy to say all clear.

over a year ago

I have healthy checkups every 3 months. Having sex or not, I always ask for STI/STD. My GP looks at me like I'll be UFO. I don't mind,I have beaten cancer twice and my health is my priorarity. I live just one life and wanna see my grandchildren.

Its no harm to do a regular checkups. You cannot trust anyone. So what if you having one or two regular partners? Are you sure they are honest with you?

Maybe I'm too suspicious but I live one life and health is very important to me. Don't ignore it. You will be sick and spread infections on others. Its like domino effect. Be careful! And get tested regularly!

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"I have healthy checkups every 3 months. Having sex or not, I always ask for STI/STD. My GP looks at me like I'll be UFO. I don't mind,I have beaten cancer twice and my health is my priorarity. I live just one life and wanna see my grandchildren.

Its no harm to do a regular checkups. You cannot trust anyone. So what if you having one or two regular partners? Are you sure they are honest with you?

Maybe I'm too suspicious but I live one life and health is very important to me. Don't ignore it. You will be sick and spread infections on others. Its like domino effect. Be careful! And get tested regularly! "

Why would you get tested when you had no sex?

over a year ago

"I have healthy checkups every 3 months. Having sex or not, I always ask for STI/STD. My GP looks at me like I'll be UFO. I don't mind,I have beaten cancer twice and my health is my priorarity. I live just one life and wanna see my grandchildren.

Maybe I'm too suspicious but I live one life and health is very important to me. Don't ignore it. You will be sick and spread infections on others. Its like domino effect. Be careful! And get tested regularly!

Why would you get tested when you had no sex? "

PM please. I cant send you PM. I will explain you

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Why would you get tested when you had no sex?

PM please. I cant send you PM. I will explain you"

Lol, can't pm you either but lowered my age limit so you should be able to pm me.

By *ustin-SiderMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"Hi Fab people.

A clean start let's say.

This place is crazy and I'm enjoying myself chatting and have luckily have had a meet or four.

Usually no symptoms but I felt something wasn't just. So off to get tested. Got diagnosis and treatment. I should be right as rain in a week or so.

I did what needs needs to be done and contacted anyone who could have infected me or I them within the time frame.

So people , it is the most important thing you'll do for yourself in this style of living. Go get tested.

"

Did you use protection on your meets? Not taking a dig, just curious as to whether or not you caught the infection even with using protection.

It definitely is important that people who are sexually active get tested periodically.

Some people could sleep with dozens of people and still be ok but it can take just the one person or one meet to catch something.

Never play with your health folks.

over a year ago

"Hi Fab people.

A clean start let's say.

Did you use protection on your meets? Not taking a dig, just curious as to whether or not you caught the infection even with using protection.

It definitely is important that people who are sexually active get tested periodically.

Some people could sleep with dozens of people and still be ok but it can take just the one person or one meet to catch something.

Never play with your health folks. "

Protection was used. I did find out who the source of the infection was. I now know it was through giving oral that I got it. As there was no penetrative sex

By *ouandme4240Couple
over a year ago

Galway

I was wondering how do you protect yourself giving oral to female. Or if you have threesome with to FF and using condoms you could transfer from one girl to another.

By *etergemmaCouple
over a year ago

South Dublin Area

"I was wondering how do you protect yourself giving oral to female. Or if you have threesome with to FF and using condoms you could transfer from one girl to another."
Change condoms

By *ouandme4240Couple
over a year ago

Galway

"I was wondering how do you protect yourself giving oral to female. Or if you have threesome with to FF and using condoms you could transfer from one girl to another.Change condoms "

over a year ago

Would you not think its important to put up your profile so people can avoid you as you are a high risk? No judgement pal but I would be very upset if I was with you or people were with the people you were with. Gives a chance to stop it being passed around.

By *man79Man
over a year ago

newry dundalk. warrenpoint

Check yourself before you wreck yourself. Or somebody else !!

over a year ago

"Would you not think its important to put up your profile so people can avoid you as you are a high risk? No judgement pal but I would be very upset if I was with you or people were with the people you were with. Gives a chance to stop it being passed around."

Thank you for your opinion. I see your profile states you dislike rude and ignorant people. Me too

Enjoy fab.

over a year ago

"Hi Fab people.

A clean start let's say.

"

Respect OP

Takes guts to put up a post like this.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Would you not think its important to put up your profile so people can avoid you as you are a high risk? No judgement pal but I would be very upset if I was with you or people were with the people you were with. Gives a chance to stop it being passed around."

As far as I'm concerned the op did the right thing by getting tested and treated and informing anyone who has met him so that they can do the same. Also I find it quite brave that he's open about it. It can happen to anyone. Unfortunately fetching a sti is a taboo topic and your reaction shows why. Most stis can be treated when recognised, there's absolutely no need to treat people like outcasts.

By *man79Man
over a year ago

In the north now you can order a home sti testing kit. You order it ,do the tests, send it back and you then get texted with your results it’s all done through the NHS. I do mine every 2/3 months

By *elfastDMan
over a year ago

belfast

"In the north now you can order a home sti testing kit. You order it ,do the tests, send it back and you then get texted with your results it’s all done through the NHS. I do mine every 2/3 months "

It’s so easy to do as well, very handy for anyone who is generally busy with everyday life

over a year ago

"

Thank you for your opinion. I see your profile states you dislike rude and ignorant people. Me too

Enjoy fab.

"

Davecork, I have the name of a good burn cream if need it. It looks like you are in need of it.

over a year ago

over a year ago

"In the north now you can order a home sti testing kit. You order it ,do the tests, send it back and you then get texted with your results it’s all done through the NHS. I do mine every 2/3 months

It’s so easy to do as well, very handy for anyone who is generally busy with everyday life

"

Word of warning to those who are scared of needles - this test includes several finger pricks that you're supposed to use to prick your own fingertips to fill quite a large vial of blood.

It requires multiple pricks on different fingers.

I ordered one for myself only to see the size of that vial and nope the hell out of it.

I'll stick to the clinic where they take blood samples from the vein all in one go.

over a year ago

"In the north now you can order a home sti testing kit. You order it ,do the tests, send it back and you then get texted with your results it’s all done through the NHS. I do mine every 2/3 months

Word of warning to those who are scared of needles - this test includes several finger pricks that you're supposed to use to prick your own fingertips to fill quite a large vial of blood.

I ordered one for myself only to see the size of that vial and nope the hell out of it.

I'll stick to the clinic where they take blood samples from the vein all in one go. "

Oh I never knew that Missus thanks for the information. I can just about cope with the nurse drawing it if I close my eyes

over a year ago

"Would you not think its important to put up your profile so people can avoid you as you are a high risk? No judgement pal but I would be very upset if I was with you or people were with the people you were with. Gives a chance to stop it being passed around.

Enjoy fab.

"

By *man79Man
over a year ago

I'll stick to the clinic where they take blood samples from the vein all in one go.

Oh I never knew that Missus thanks for the information. I can just about cope with the nurse drawing it if I close my eyes "

Sure it’s only a little prick!

over a year ago

Oh I never knew that Missus thanks for the information. I can just about cope with the nurse drawing it if I close my eyes

Sure it’s only a little prick! "

I deal with enough little pricks here my dear

over a year ago

Thanks for the positivity guys. Well bar one. There's always One

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/01/20 21:04:05]