Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

The photography thread

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Was kind of suggested in another thread...

Any photographers out there, or anyone interested in getting into it? I'm mostly talking about glamour/boudoir style portrait photography, of course

What gear are you using?

Do you have any tips?

Anyone looking for a photographer? Or just looking to pick up some tips?

I'll happily share technique and gear we use. I'm no expert, far from it I would still very much consider myself a beginner, and I learn something every time I pick up the camera.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Love photography but have only ever photograph landscape love to do some shits of lady tho some time

over a year ago

"Love photography but have only ever photograph landscape love to do some shits of lady tho some time "
shots

What gear are you using? I have a d750 and a ton of cheap strobes, speedlights and modifiers

By *oeDolansBrotherMan
over a year ago

South county

Interested in learning more. I’ve been getting into photography over the last few months. Using micro four thirds and doing some street and landscapes mostly. Could go with a nice model to practice. Or, I could take dozens of my little toy, photoshopping applies of course. So I’d be interested in knowing more.

over a year ago

Done a little bit with Jade, the first pic on here is from one, still do mostly landscape stuff though.

Canon 80d with a few lenses, studio lighting and backdrops

By *ickheadcuntCouple
over a year ago

Cork Ireland

"Was kind of suggested in another thread...

Any photographers out there, or anyone interested in getting into it? I'm mostly talking about glamour/boudoir style portrait photography, of course

What gear are you using?

Do you have any tips?

I'll happily share technique and gear we use. I'm no expert, far from it I would still very much consider myself a beginner, and I learn something every time I pick up the camera."

Would love to try some with ye

over a year ago

"Interested in learning more. I’ve been getting into photography over the last few months. Using micro four thirds and doing some street and landscapes mostly. Could go with a nice model to practice. Or, I could take dozens of my little toy, photoshopping applies of course. So I’d be interested in knowing more. "
I've a Panasonic g7 micro 4/3 .. mostly use it for the excellent 4k video (some examples on this site )

Fave Photoshop tip - add a high pass sharpening layer (Google it) adds a lovely professional sheen to an image

over a year ago

"Done a little bit with Jade, the first pic on here is from one, still do mostly landscape stuff though.

Canon 80d with a few lenses, studio lighting and backdrops"

Boo Canon! Just kidding the pic of herself lying down is lovely btw

over a year ago

What gear are you using?

Do you have any tips?

I'll happily share technique and gear we use. I'm no expert, far from it I would still very much consider myself a beginner, and I learn something every time I pick up the camera.

Would love to try some with ye "

Would love that

over a year ago

we enjoy taking pics...use my phone ..canon DS2000........its all about right place ...right time ....

By *oeDolansBrotherMan
over a year ago

South county

"we enjoy taking pics...use my phone ..canon DS2000........its all about right place ...right time .... "

Do you need splash proofing on your camera?

By *oeDolansBrotherMan
over a year ago

South county

What gear are you using?

Do you have any tips?

Would love to try some with ye

Would love that "

Like the backlighting and silhouettes. Full marks for creativity

over a year ago

"we enjoy taking pics...use my phone ..canon DS2000........its all about right place ...right time .... "
the only thing I don't like about using my phone is the lag between pressing the button and taking a picture ... It's a Samsung s9+ .. maybe newer phones are better, but with my DSLR / mirrorless it is basically instantaneous

over a year ago

we just use our phones but we enjoy sexy photography

over a year ago

"we just use our phones but we enjoy sexy photography "

What's not to like

By *safunwituMan
over a year ago

Enniscorthy

Into photography the last few years, but mostly into still life, long exposure, infrared landscape and macro photography. I have a fair bit of knowledge on photoshop and photo manipulation, but I find the less messing around on filters, effects, levels, etc, the better.

Also use it for painting.

By *ileen_cdTV/TS
over a year ago

Dublin

I like taking pictures, as you can see from my Flickr page (https://www.flickr.com/photos/_ileen_cd/), but I am not a photographer as such. I use a decent amateur camera usually (Fuji X-A2) with a slave flashlight, or just my S9 phone. Sexy photography is more difficult than a static pose photography. I tried to take a few pics while having sex, but the angles were not right or the focus was not there. One day I'd like to have a boudoir photo session with someone who knows how to do it

over a year ago

Anyone any good at Photoshop??

over a year ago

we only edit our pics to black and white ...after that what you see is what your get

over a year ago

I'm really into photography, I love that, I do lots of outdoors stuff and my camera always with me.. I have Sony a6k really capable machine, I got also sigma 30 mm , samyang 12mm and kit zoom, I do mainly landscape, street photography, and want to learn more astrophotography...

By *oeDolansBrotherMan
over a year ago

South county

"we only edit our pics to black and white ...after that what you see is what your get "

Have to say I like what I see. The black and white works well with your sexy rack.

By *ceryMan
over a year ago

Malahide & Waterford

Nikon can.... Canon can't

over a year ago

"Into photography the last few years, but mostly into still life, long exposure, infrared landscape and macro photography. I have a fair bit of knowledge on photoshop and photo manipulation, but I find the less messing around on filters, effects, levels, etc, the better.

Also use it for painting. "

Yep, get it right in camera and minimize the Photoshop is a great tip! Or profile pic is dinner with baby oil and body sheen .. possibly could've used Photoshop for skin texture but (with my skill level) less Photoshop is better!

over a year ago

*done, not dinner

By *Ike0202Man
over a year ago

Ballymena

"Anyone any good at Photoshop?? "

You don't need photoshop!

over a year ago

"Anyone any good at Photoshop??

You don't need photoshop! "

It's good fun though

By *asey666Man
over a year ago

Dublin 13

over a year ago

"Anyone any good at Photoshop??

You don't need photoshop! "

It's difficult to 'plastic wrap' without photoshop although I'm sure some would give it a go

over a year ago

For anyone who likes to print their creations, lidl currently have some very good glossy photo paper, very thick 280gsm, for 5.99 for 50 a4 sheets - a bit of a bargain we think

We've used a couple of packs so far and the colour repro is excellent - much better than some big brands we tried

By *rsmiley69Man
over a year ago

Cavan Monaghan

This makes me want to get my finger out an get back to photography, I have good equipment just sitting in the corner an a silver national medal hanging on the wall, seem to have drifted away from it once i won something, have two canons flash an a few other bits an pieces

By *renchcpl90Couple
over a year ago

wexford

Have doing landscape for years back in Ireland and the camera club scene. Had dropped it a bit with move to France. Met an other expat a few years back on one of the French swingers websites. He had a small studio in an old mill mill not to far from where we live. Started to do some shoots with him and some of his model friends. There 2 good websites for posting glamour type pic on. Love to chat with others into the same

over a year ago

"Have doing landscape for years back in Ireland and the camera club scene. Had dropped it a bit with move to France. Met an other expat a few years back on one of the French swingers websites. He had a small studio in an old mill mill not to far from where we live. Started to do some shoots with him and some of his model friends. There 2 good websites for posting glamour type pic on. Love to chat with others into the same "
I know adult folio, and I'm guessing that's one of the two - what's the other one?

By *kcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Fantastic topic. Before mini me x 2 came along I spent as much of my spare time as I could wandering streets mountains and had our spare room turned into a mini studio albeit with minimal experience and equipment.

Back then I had a D80 (still my fave cam) and a d5100, by no means high end but but with a couple of good (cheap) lenses I got some of my fave shots. YouTube is your friend when it comes to new techniques and projects.

Sadly due to fear of mini me getting his hands on my Nikon D7200 it rarely see's the light of day now. Pretty much every image on our profile has been taken and edited with my trust brick of a Samsung. The very first class I did the teacher told me your abilty to use the cheapest of equipment will serve you far better than spending thousands and not having a clue how to use it.

By *renchcpl90Couple
over a year ago

wexford

Try prupleport more glamour type work

over a year ago

"Try prupleport more glamour type work "

Thanks

over a year ago

"Fantastic topic. Before mini me x 2 came along I spent as much of my spare time as I could wandering streets mountains and had our spare room turned into a mini studio albeit with minimal experience and equipment.

Back then I had a D80 (still my fave cam) and a d5100, by no means high end but but with a couple of good (cheap) lenses I got some of my fave shots. YouTube is your friend when it comes to new techniques and projects.

Sadly due to fear of mini me getting his hands on my Nikon D7200 it rarely see's the light of day now. Pretty much every image on our profile has been taken and edited with my trust brick of a Samsung. The very first class I did the teacher told me your abilty to use the cheapest of equipment will serve you far better than spending thousands and not having a clue how to use it. "

That's true, but doesn't negate the value of good kit .. the best camera is, for sure, the one you have on you, but I still much prefer my d750 for indoor studio / strobe stuff

over a year ago

Only starting out now, doing a course super excited.. Love fetish and gothic photography that is what Im hoping to get into...

over a year ago

"Only starting out now, doing a course super excited.. Love fetish and gothic photography that is what Im hoping to get into... "

Love it .. some of the stuff on adultfolio is amazing inspo

Finding models for any kind of adult work is tough in Ireland, seems much easier in the UK

over a year ago

"Only starting out now, doing a course super excited.. Love fetish and gothic photography that is what Im hoping to get into...

Finding models for any kind of adult work is tough in Ireland, seems much easier in the UK"

I think being on here and getting more involved on the fetish scene will make it easier to find models.. Thanks for the tip will check it out x

over a year ago

"Only starting out now, doing a course super excited.. Love fetish and gothic photography that is what Im hoping to get into...

Finding models for any kind of adult work is tough in Ireland, seems much easier in the UK

I think being on here and getting more involved on the fetish scene will make it easier to find models.. Thanks for the tip will check it out x"

Sure you have me as a volunteer!

over a year ago

Time, location (lighting & theme) equipment & subject(model, clothing / underwear shoes)...

all these things need to be in order to get a great photo, a good Cannon SLR camera or the like great for capturing the second you hit the button... great hobby or career.

over a year ago

"Time, location (lighting & theme) equipment & subject(model, clothing / underwear shoes)...

all these things need to be in order to get a great photo, a good Cannon SLR camera or the like great for capturing the second you hit the button... great hobby or career. "

Or Nikon

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

What gear are you using?

Do you have any tips?

I'll happily share technique and gear we use. I'm no expert, far from it I would still very much consider myself a beginner, and I learn something every time I pick up the camera."

Your pics are always great.

over a year ago

What gear are you using?

Do you have any tips?

Your pics are always great. "

Thanks we love taking and sharing them

By *kcoupleCouple
over a year ago

"Fantastic topic. Before mini me x 2 came along I spent as much of my spare time as I could wandering streets mountains and had our spare room turned into a mini studio albeit with minimal experience and equipment.

Sadly due to fear of mini me getting his hands on my Nikon D7200 it rarely see's the light of day now. Pretty much every image on our profile has been taken and edited with my trust brick of a Samsung. The very first class I did the teacher told me your abilty to use the cheapest of equipment will serve you far better than spending thousands and not having a clue how to use it.

That's true, but doesn't negate the value of good kit .. the best camera is, for sure, the one you have on you, but I still much prefer my d750 for indoor studio / strobe stuff "

Oh I agree 100% and I wish I/We had more time on our hands to use more elaborate set ups

over a year ago

That's true, but doesn't negate the value of good kit .. the best camera is, for sure, the one you have on you, but I still much prefer my d750 for indoor studio / strobe stuff

Oh I agree 100% and I wish I/We had more time on our hands to use more elaborate set ups"

You've some great pics, and two good looking models which always helps

over a year ago

I think being on here and getting more involved on the fetish scene will make it easier to find models.. Thanks for the tip will check it out x

Sure you have me as a volunteer!"

Cant wait my beautiful friend

over a year ago

Inspired to take a few pics I tried to upload one I took today, didn't realise a person or body part at least has to be in any photo so it never made it through the filter on this site

over a year ago

"Inspired to take a few pics I tried to upload one I took today, didn't realise a person or body part at least has to be in any photo so it never made it through the filter on this site "

That was the reason I was given when I tried to upload a drawing of one of my pics but after a few attempts it was accepted; I've seen a few pics over the years of just items, views etc

I think it was timing more than anything, perhaps an influx of uploads at that particular time, but if you really like it don't be afraid to be persistent

over a year ago

What gear are you using?

Do you have any tips?

I’d love a photographer but can’t see it happening. Are you guys offering services?

over a year ago

What gear are you using?

Do you have any tips?

I’d love a photographer but can’t see it happening. Are you guys offering services?"

No, but someone else might be

over a year ago

I was thinking about uploading a pic with bts (behind the scenes) like camera settings and flash setup. We did some nice 3 light pics on Friday.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll upload.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I use my little mobile to create my selfies. I basically just mess around until i create something happy with. Easier now i have discovered the timer.

over a year ago

"I was thinking about uploading a pic with bts (behind the scenes) like camera settings and flash setup. We did some nice 3 light pics on Friday.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll upload."

Unless they're are people in them it they won't make it

I can send you the one I took of you want to look (nothing x-rated)

over a year ago

"I was thinking about uploading a pic with bts (behind the scenes) like camera settings and flash setup. We did some nice 3 light pics on Friday.

I can send you the one I took of you want to look (nothing x-rated) "

Sure. I was thinking the bts could be half lighting setup and half finished pic (replete with gorgeous model j), should get though I would think

over a year ago

I can send you the one I took of you want to look (nothing x-rated)

Sure. I was thinking the bts could be half lighting setup and half finished pic (replete with gorgeous model j), should get though I would think"

Sent it over. Your plan may work, I'll keep an eye out

over a year ago

I can send you the one I took of you want to look (nothing x-rated) "

That's a great pic, love it

over a year ago

OK have uploaded a pic from Friday's shoot with a BTS

Space

We wanted to simulate a bed with a cover on the floor in our attic. It's a tight space so limits choices. The hardest thing was covering up the skirting board

Lighting (from left to right)

- Godox 180w strobe @1/3 in 70 x 50 softbox for lighting the wall (have found this gets rid of shadows and murky grey walls when it's supposed to be white)

- Godox Ving V850 @1/2 with trigger in 80cm octabox (key)

- Godox 180w strobe @1/3 in 110cm octabox (fill)

Look & feel

We were going for a glamour look, so even lighting where a more boudoir look would have the key much higher than the fill.

I shot mostly with 50mm Sigma art 1.4 and Tamron 24-70 in and around 50mm. At narrower apertures the Tamron is as sharp as the Sigma, but shooting wide apertures (which necessitated HSS) it's no contest - the Sigma is sharper at 1.4 than the Tamron is at 2.8. I mostly kept the camera well under the 1/250 flash sync speed as you can have issues with syncing with optical slave lights, but did some HSS with a bigger aperture for some bokeh effects, might post later.

The shoot

One of the things that's great about shooting someone you know well is that we have great communication and great fun doing the shoot. We always do part of the shoot where i'm trying to make J laugh and get a picture of her. It's fun to have her dress up and be naughty too.

By *oeDolansBrotherMan
over a year ago

South county

Well done. Lots of preparation gone into that one. Will you be keeping the setup as a home studio?

over a year ago

"Well done. Lots of preparation gone into that one. Will you be keeping the setup as a home studio?"

Kind of .. it's easy enough to put up and take down. The lights and stands all fit into a relatively small bag, so we can also shoot in location

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Away for a couple of days and just catching up with the thread.

Its great to see the new pics and the detail of the set ups so thanks for sharing them

over a year ago

"Away for a couple of days and just catching up with the thread.

Its great to see the new pics and the detail of the set ups so thanks for sharing them "

Cool, np, I'll put up more from the shoot tomorrow or Weds

By *jandBertie19Couple
over a year ago

Rathgar

Contribute to Getty but mainly food and still life although erotic is a fun topic.

over a year ago

Has anyone tried one of the studios offering “Boudoir” shoots?

over a year ago

I'm a very keen (amateur) boudoir photographer. I used to be on here soley for photography meets but have since broadened my outlook.

I use a couple of Canon dSLRs with a few different lenses - my fave is a 50mm 1:1.4. I'd love some more for different situations but they are crazy expensive!

My tips:

- plan your shoot: get to know what they have in mind first, and plan some poses, settings etc. before-hand. Nothing worse than a back and forth "what do you want to do" in the middle of a shoot!

- what to capture: do they want to show off/hide certain areas of their body? Plan some shots/angles/outfits around that

- framing/composition: I think of framing in a process of reduction - what do I need in the shot to tell the story, what doesn't need to be there - cut it out.

- storytelling: that's the real art of photography, and particulary boudoiur photography. What story do you want to tell? How is your shot going to do that?

- lighting: it's all about lighting. Good/bad lighting will make or break a photo.

Overall I'd say the people I've photographed wanted to feel relaxed and comfortable before the camera came out. If they're not, then it will show in the photo.

over a year ago

"I'm a very keen (amateur) boudoir photographer. I used to be on here soley for photography meets but have since broadened my outlook.

I use a couple of Canon dSLRs with a few different lenses - my fave is a 50mm 1:1.4. I'd love some more for different situations but they are crazy expensive!

My tips:

- plan your shoot: get to know what they have in mind first, and plan some poses, settings etc. before-hand. Nothing worse than a back and forth "what do you want to do" in the middle of a shoot!

- what to capture: do they want to show off/hide certain areas of their body? Plan some shots/angles/outfits around that

- framing/composition: I think of framing in a process of reduction - what do I need in the shot to tell the story, what doesn't need to be there - cut it out.

- storytelling: that's the real art of photography, and particulary boudoiur photography. What story do you want to tell? How is your shot going to do that?

- lighting: it's all about lighting. Good/bad lighting will make or break a photo.

Overall I'd say the people I've photographed wanted to feel relaxed and comfortable before the camera came out. If they're not, then it will show in the photo.

"

Lots of good too in there, thanks. Definitely with you on planning the look, poses, outfits ahead of time.

How did the photography meets work out?

over a year ago

"I'm a very keen (amateur) boudoir photographer. I used to be on here soley for photography meets but have since broadened my outlook.

My tips:

Lots of good too in there, thanks. Definitely with you on planning the look, poses, outfits ahead of time.

How did the photography meets work out?"

Good *tips in there

By *asey666Man
over a year ago

Dublin 13

By *omStratfordMan
over a year ago

Northampton

I’ve got back into this with a new Canon Eos DL3 and some equipment from amazon.

I’m improving and have a few meets coming up to improve my skills and give members some photos. So win win!

What gear are you using?

Do you have any tips?

over a year ago

Interesting topic, always good to read other people’s ideas and thoughts.

I shoot a lot but only recently learning naughty stuff, it’s fun but hard work.

I can only echo what’s been said already, plan plan and then plan some more.

over a year ago

"Interesting topic, always good to read other people’s ideas and thoughts.

I shoot a lot but only recently learning naughty stuff, it’s fun but hard work.

I can only echo what’s been said already, plan plan and then plan some more."

It's great though, we love it, we had someone come visit us and put our mucky pics up on the wall for the event

You've some very nice pics btw

By *onyDunnMan
over a year ago

Sevenoaks

Also into photography. I used to shoot in studios around and in London with my trusty Canon A1, T90 and EOS 5.

Now I am with Nikon with a D7200 and D850.

I have my own lights, speedlights and LED for video.

Much easier to link with models via PP or AF and shoot at home or location (in summer)

Darkroom has long gone and I use Lightroom for photos and Final Copy for vids.

Main hobby and apart from Nude/glamour, I do travel, landscape and many over forms of photography.

Yes I have shot couples from here, but it is really tricky to do. There is a huge difference between watching sex and trying to film it.

over a year ago

"Also into photography. I used to shoot in studios around and in London with my trusty Canon A1, T90 and EOS 5.

Now I am with Nikon with a D7200 and D850.

I have my own lights, speedlights and LED for video.

Much easier to link with models via PP or AF and shoot at home or location (in summer)

Darkroom has long gone and I use Lightroom for photos and Final Copy for vids.

Main hobby and apart from Nude/glamour, I do travel, landscape and many over forms of photography.

Yes I have shot couples from here, but it is really tricky to do. There is a huge difference between watching sex and trying to film it."

You need good knees to be a good porn videographer

My experience is that doesn't ever come out as hot in the video as it was in your head (maybe that's just me!)

Would love to meet a hot couple some time for a 4some photoshoot and meet, I think I prefer taking stills to video

By *cotsguyyMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Love doing photoshoots, haven't in a while but after reading this I think it's time to start again.

over a year ago

At least a thread I can get behind. Photography is my source of income, although it’s very much corporate/commercial stuff.

Currently useing the Canon EOSR as the work horse with the 7Dmk2 as the backup/b camera.

Happy to offer advice to any that require it

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Can't believe this thread was my idea 24 weeks ago

And before we ever heard of the feckin virus

By *irewolffMan
over a year ago

Dublin

I always wanted to do a proper photo shoot. One day....

MsD

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"Can't believe this thread was my idea 24 weeks ago

And before we ever heard of the feckin virus"

I blame the virus for all the six month old threads that are being resurrected in the last couple of days.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"I always wanted to do a proper photo shoot. One day....

MsD"

Big rush of lads with their camera phone thinking they're David Bailey blocking your inbox now MsD

over a year ago

It was a different world

over a year ago

"I always wanted to do a proper photo shoot. One day....

MsD"

Would love to help with that

over a year ago

Ye its crazy. I basically lost all my contracts over a 48hrs. Ive done 5 socially distanced filming jobs in june and get to go film at a racetrack in 3 weeks which im looking forward to.

By *1CorkCouple
over a year ago

Cork

First time seeing this thread and unable to read back through all the messages, so apologies if going over old ground... but is there any serious photographer in Cork area that’d shoot us as a couple and individually for profile pics?

We did similar over a decade ago with a photographer we met at a swinger party and had the resulting photos on our profile on another site (probably still there).

By *rishpleasureMan
over a year ago

about

Would love to know more about your lighting rig. I use a Nikon D2500.

What gear are you using?

Do you have any tips?

By *rishpleasureMan
over a year ago

about

A1 Cork, send me a message if you need any info x.

"First time seeing this thread and unable to read back through all the messages, so apologies if going over old ground... but is there any serious photographer in Cork area that’d shoot us as a couple and individually for profile pics?

We did similar over a decade ago with a photographer we met at a swinger party and had the resulting photos on our profile on another site (probably still there)."

over a year ago

"Would love to know more about your lighting rig. I use a Nikon D2500.

"

I recently purchased a godox ad600, which I love. It's way overkill for shooting indoors though. I have a couple of godox Ving speedlights, which are excellent.

My advice is go for rechargeable battery powered flash (like the Ving or AD range). Get godox if you want good quality and functional for a reasonable price. And get a decent large octabox - they are magic

By *1CorkCouple
over a year ago

Cork

"A1 Cork, send me a message if you need any info x."

Thanks for the offer but we’d be limited to persons in the Cork area. We’d also be using profile pics as some sort of benchmark for ability - not necessarily a professional but quality and creativeness - before mailing.

Post new Message to Thread