Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Newbies club night?

Jump to newest

By *ohndunboyne OP   Man
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Just saw a thread about Townhouse in the UK.

They are having a newbies night.

Folks are given a tour around, if they arrive at the appropriate time, whilst also being explained the rules and etiquette.

Not sure if Vanilla or RVC run these but may be an interesting idea for them, if not.

I haven't gone to website to read all the rules, as I'm not intending to travel to UK soon myself but, those with an interest may want to and, perhaps, ask your local Irish club to consider the idea.

Just a thought, seeing as there is some effort going into introducing new males to couples both sides of the country at the moment. I'm presuming that the club nights could be made available to newbies of any sexual orientation.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *etergemmaCouple
over a year ago

South Dublin Area

It is a good idea John, is it that dissimilar to what Missus is trying to achieve by her newbie social?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Just saw a thread about Townhouse in the UK.

They are having a newbies night.

Folks are given a tour around, if they arrive at the appropriate time, whilst also being explained the rules and etiquette.

Not sure if Vanilla or RVC run these but may be an interesting idea for them, if not.

I haven't gone to website to read all the rules, as I'm not intending to travel to UK soon myself but, those with an interest may want to and, perhaps, ask your local Irish club to consider the idea.

Just a thought, seeing as there is some effort going into introducing new males to couples both sides of the country at the moment. I'm presuming that the club nights could be made available to newbies of any sexual orientation. "

My own experience as a newbie attending The Vanilla Club was there was pre drinks at a different location and on arrival at the club I was given a tour and shown the facilities. I'm just presuming that RVC would offer the same. A lot of other lifestyle events would also have this approach.

I'm not sure what policy Vanilla and RVC have on inviting new non verified fab members.

Some events other than these clubs use a vouching system and some clubs can only be gained entrance to by applying for membership with ID and with household utility bill.

It can be very difficult to get new members to turn up for a coffee or social, so a club night for newbies probably wouldn't fill the venue and wouldn't pay, regarding costs, to run the night. Great idea but would it be a success?

By *mokey and the bandit 1Couple
over a year ago

Dublin

The two problem with allowing lots of unverified newbies are:

1 lots of drop outs you'd have to get the all to pre pay

2 that group of unverified newbies could easily contain reporters etc

By *ohndunboyne OP   Man
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

"It is a good idea John, is it that dissimilar to what Missus is trying to achieve by her newbie social?"

Hey Folks.

Not dissimilar but in Dublin and Cork just.

From one of the other posters here, seems VC do treat newbies similarly, so fair play to them and I guess all questions answered

Post new Message to Thread