Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Any ufc fans?

Jump to newest

By *ere_for_goodtime2019 OP   Man
over a year ago

north down

Any fans of ufc? And thoughts on the upcoming ufc246?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

Used to be massive fans. Now its more about the money than the fights. I miss the good old days. Theres a few people i know feel the same way.

I think mcgregor/cerrone fight is a gimme fight for mcgregor. Cerrone at the top of his game would demolish him. Now im wouldnt be so sure. but thats just my opinion.

over a year ago

north down

My money on Cowboy, he has wanted this fight for ages

Mcgregor i was a fan and loved at press days and in the octagone but now the drugs and money has took over for him

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

"My money on Cowboy, he has wanted this fight for ages

Mcgregor i was a fan and loved at press days and in the octagone but now the drugs and money has took over for him"

had zero time for mcgregor. our interest was waning before him, he was kind of the final nail in the coffin. I didnt think there could be anyone for ignorant or annoying than frank mir but i was proven wrong lol

over a year ago

north down

Oh i hate that man just does my head in lol

By *og2018Man
over a year ago

Letterkenny

I can see a new McGregor, I think his fans turning on him was the kick up the ass he needed, the UFC and especially Dana were all yes men, inflating his ego, now I think for now hes learned his lesson, look at the respect he tweeted at Ariel helwani about Jose Aldos weight cut, his respect towards Diaz on his return against Pettis. Christ he even isnt declaring any psychological warfare on Cowboy.

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

bring back the gentlemen of the UFC lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/01/20 18:02:12]

over a year ago

I watch mma and train , not just ufc , so many amazing fighters and fights in other promotions

over a year ago

north down

Thats cause he too busy talking about he can fear with kabib and how he smells like shit, like come on man that guy beat you bad and yet he says that

By *og2018Man
over a year ago

Letterkenny

That being said, I think McGregor moving up weight will be an issue, hes a power based striker and that extra muscle with use up more oxygen, personally I think McGregor would have been smarter to take this fight at 155 and have a more legitimate claim to fight the winner of Khabin/Tony. But could be him trying to get a shot at that BMF title

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

"I watch mma and train , not just ufc , so many amazing fighters and fights in other promotions "

do bjj and mma myself. so do my two oldest kids

over a year ago

"I can see a new McGregor, I think his fans turning on him was the kick up the ass he needed, the UFC and especially Dana were all yes men, inflating his ego, now I think for now hes learned his lesson, look at the respect he tweeted at Ariel helwani about Jose Aldos weight cut, his respect towards Diaz on his return against Pettis. Christ he even isnt declaring any psychological warfare on Cowboy. "

This. He’s got the hunger back.

By *og2018Man
over a year ago

Letterkenny

"I watch mma and train , not just ufc , so many amazing fighters and fights in other promotions

do bjj and mma myself. so do my two oldest kids"

Massive oss to you guys! Been doing it long?

By *og2018Man
over a year ago

Letterkenny

You'll absolutely love Garry Tonon in ONE FC. His insta and Twitter are also halerious

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

Used to be, but its a just a bunch of steroid heads now.

GSP was the last one that I liked, thats going back a while now.

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

"I watch mma and train , not just ufc , so many amazing fighters and fights in other promotions

do bjj and mma myself. so do my two oldest kids

Massive oss to you guys! Been doing it long?"

Ive been doing martial arts since my late teens (when i gave up the gaa) my eldest has been doing it about 5 years and bjj seriously one year, she trains 4 days a week

My second started last year. shes only doing one day a week at the minute but shell move up to 3 days a week.

Im a taxi

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

and my other two will be going straight in when they are old enough as well.

Ill be training an army

By *lternative_guyMan
over a year ago

Belfast

The PPV has annoyed me with card being pretty average. Will watch on Sunday after I get up.

over a year ago

north down

"The PPV has annoyed me with card being pretty average. Will watch on Sunday after I get up."

Is it a ppv one???

By *og2018Man
over a year ago

Letterkenny

Fair play to her, I wish you and your family the best in your journeys as martial artists, hopefully we might cross paths in competition. Breaking necks and cashing cheques

By *og2018Man
over a year ago

Letterkenny

"The PPV has annoyed me with card being pretty average. Will watch on Sunday after I get up.

Is it a ppv one???"

Yup and UFC are jacking up prices in 2020

over a year ago

north down

Bastards

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

when they used to do the old cards they used to be sooo stacked.

loads of fights ud be dying to see not just the headline fight.

In saying that we left our wedding reception a couple of years ago and headed off to the gym to watch jj v rose and bisping v GSP lmao

By *og2018Man
over a year ago

Letterkenny

"when they used to do the old cards they used to be sooo stacked.

In saying that we left our wedding reception a couple of years ago and headed off to the gym to watch jj v rose and bisping v GSP lmao"

Ahahahaha that's brilliant, that's something I would do

By *og2018Man
over a year ago

Letterkenny

Also does anyone miss the days when it was an underground sport?

Remember the mohawks, shorts with skulls and fire or barbed wire on them, walk outs to nu-metal, dodgy anti doping policy where you would see these gargantuan behemoths biting down on their mouthpieces and just swinging?

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

In saying that we left our wedding reception a couple of years ago and headed off to the gym to watch jj v rose and bisping v GSP lmao

Ahahahaha that's brilliant, that's something I would do"

well it was just about over and we were only sober ones there so i dont feel too bad lol. My GOT cake was fuckin awesome tho

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

"Also does anyone miss the days when it was an underground sport?

Remember the mohawks, shorts with skulls and fire or barbed wire on them, walk outs to nu-metal, dodgy anti doping policy where you would see these gargantuan behemoths biting down on their mouthpieces and just swinging? "

i miss chuck. he should have quit while he was ahead. sad to see him go out on the losing streak. glass chin by the end

By *og2018Man
over a year ago

Letterkenny

Ahahahaha that's brilliant, that's something I would do well it was just about over and we were only sober ones there so i dont feel too bad lol. My GOT cake was fuckin awesome tho"

I'm just glad they didnt play the rains of castamere at it hahaha

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

Ahahahaha that's brilliant, that's something I would do well it was just about over and we were only sober ones there so i dont feel too bad lol. My GOT cake was fuckin awesome tho

I'm just glad they didnt play the rains of castamere at it hahaha"

lmao

over a year ago

"Any fans of ufc? And thoughts on the upcoming ufc246?"

No interest tbh ...tough tough game to be in ok ,huge respect to the fighters to go in and totally beat the crap outta each other and keep following in .

By *harlieRiderMan
over a year ago

Vauxhall/Waterloo

Big UFC fan here, was in Vegas for UFC 245 last month. Conor looking massive but I have had a small bet on Cowboy

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

McGreggor is a lightweight fighter who cuts a lot of water before a fight so he can fight featherweight, adds the water back on, and then has a massive weight advantage.

Historically this was not done at lower weights because there was no money in the fights.

Irish people wanted to see McGreggor pelt someone much smaller around so paid big money.

This created the money and caused people like khabib to do the same.

I'm gonna be as clear as I can, all these fighters are shit.

Khabib is bigger than mcgreggor he could never in a million years get down to the weights mcgreggor did.

This isnt GSP going down a weight, making it stable, and working his ass off to train for a ground game with the top ground game on the planet. Its cutting water before the weigh in, then adding it back.

If you looked at khabib off season, at his 100% natural day to day weight, he would not beat anyone in that division, cause hes shit.

The whole thing is gone to shit.

Even Joe Rogan said it, seeing people turn up to weigh in, looking like they will need to be rushed to hospital before rehydrating before the fight has given him huge worries on where the sport is going.

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

Hope he gets the shite beaten out of him

over a year ago

Its pretty straight forward I think. If McGregor doesn't put him away in the first 2 rounds he will be exhausted for rounds 3,4 and 5 and will probably get submitted or knocked out by a head kick from cowboy. I can see McGregor trying to finish it early, I wonder can cowboy survive the storm?

Its going to be a good fight regardless, looking forward to it. Pity it's on at stupid o clock!!

over a year ago

Hopefully McGreogor gets murdered

over a year ago

I don’t like this new fake mister nice guy .. the closer it gets the more I think cowboy will get the win he is more motivated

over a year ago

Anyone watching the fight tonight or in the morning i should say ?

Is he gonna win em

over a year ago

McGregor respect and new man.....fake news!

By *raleebiMan
over a year ago

tralee

Anyone watching pm me

By *ockhard and SweetcheeksCouple
over a year ago

City

Who's winning??

over a year ago

Id say Conor takes it on points.

By *sexyoneWoman
over a year ago

Northside

Does anyone know how to watch it for free online as in America cant watch it as not on tv here

By *og2018Man
over a year ago

Letterkenny

The king is back baby

over a year ago

"The king is back baby"

He ain't no King

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Win or not he's a fucking disgrace of a human,no amount of fake nice guy will wipe out him being an absolute cunt last few years

A hero for mindless scumbags still tho

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

All his fights are hand picked so he'll win..hes a cash cow for ufc..draws huge crowds and a lot of money..they dont want him to lose..thats why hes fighting bums..its fixed..he fights anyone with pedigree he gets battered like what khabib did to him

over a year ago

"All his fights are hand picked so he'll win..hes a cash cow for ufc..draws huge crowds and a lot of money..they dont want him to lose..thats why hes fighting bums..its fixed..he fights anyone with pedigree he gets battered like what khabib did to him "

20 fucking quid ppv BT wanted

By *osmicGateMan
over a year ago

louth

"All his fights are hand picked so he'll win..hes a cash cow for ufc..draws huge crowds and a lot of money..they dont want him to lose..thats why hes fighting bums..its fixed..he fights anyone with pedigree he gets battered like what khabib did to him

20 fucking quid ppv BT wanted "

Yea the real winners are the people who didnt pay that amount of money for a farce like that..did it even last a minute?

over a year ago

"All his fights are hand picked so he'll win..hes a cash cow for ufc..draws huge crowds and a lot of money..they dont want him to lose..thats why hes fighting bums..its fixed..he fights anyone with pedigree he gets battered like what khabib did to him

20 fucking quid ppv BT wanted

Yea the real winners are the people who didnt pay that amount of money for a farce like that..did it even last a minute?"

Kaizer did not

Winner here

over a year ago

"All his fights are hand picked so he'll win..hes a cash cow for ufc..draws huge crowds and a lot of money..they dont want him to lose..thats why hes fighting bums..its fixed..he fights anyone with pedigree he gets battered like what khabib did to him "

Haha hold on, all his fights were hand picked?

Explain that one, I’d love to hear it

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

"Haha hold on, all his fights were hand picked?

Explain that one, I’d love to hear it"

UFC has been doing it for years, not just for him but for others too. I think it started when GSP had too many fight offers.

They started to filter, some people were just given a blanket no. Not because they thought the person would win, but because they thought the fight would be boring.

Thats when it came into its own, they realized they could cultivate big money matches. However it was always done. Chuck liddell and tito ortiz, remember their fights? people screaming to fight them and getting a no but then Randy getting the fight even though Randy was a higher weight, everyone knew he would win etc etc. Champion vs Champion.

Thats not how its supposed to work and its how people like Khabib have to scream for years to get to fight people like conor. Their style and weight will beat Conor every day of the weeek.

UFC loses nothing by picking fights to suit Conor, as far as UFC is concerned any fighter can cause the fight to happen by beating anyone who stands in their way and openly calling conor out over and over and self promoting the event into existence. Being the number 1 contender on paper means nothing to them.

Conor is their greatest promoter, not fighter, you want a big pay day, then promote a fight with him, dont just make yourself the best fighter on paper.

over a year ago

You haven’t provided me with the hand picked fights for Conor?

By *ashy85Man
over a year ago

Waterford

Noting but fanboys hahahaha bet ye only watch when he fights... every one talks shit about him but his fights speak for themselves.

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

"You haven’t provided me with the hand picked fights for Conor?"

He is saying this one was hand picked. It was the perfect level for conor. It wasnt someone an expert in submissions, it wasn't someone who would snap him in half, it was someone everyone admitted had passed their prime.

It was a hand picked ideal first fight for conor.

Off the back of 2 losses? Not even ranked top 5? Someone on their way out, not way in.

over a year ago

He was out of action for so long, he doesn’t deserve to go straight to the top.

I doubt this was a hand picked fight, it was simply the level of fighter he deserved to get because of his hiatus.

By *ashy85Man
over a year ago

Waterford

If anyone thinks he hasn't faced good fighters then ye are mental hahaha so what if they get hand picked or not.... Aldo Alvarez Holloway Diaz cerrone are all great fighters. Khabib rematch will defo happen and we will see a different fight

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

"Noting but fanboys hahahaha bet ye only watch when he fights... every one talks shit about him but his fights speak for themselves. "

They do, The Khabib and Mayweather fights speak the loudest as they were the ones where he actually had to fight.

Losing to diaz when Diaz is not even a contender too, not top 5, just put out for entertainment.. Has nate even held a title?

over a year ago

"If anyone thinks he hasn't faced good fighters then ye are mental hahaha so what if they get hand picked or not.... Aldo Alvarez Holloway Diaz cerrone are all great fighters. Khabib rematch will defo happen and we will see a different fight"

Exactly, to say his fights are hand picked was ludicrous haha

By *ashy85Man
over a year ago

Waterford

"You haven’t provided me with the hand picked fights for Conor?

He is saying this one was hand picked. It was the perfect level for conor. It wasnt someone an expert in submissions, it wasn't someone who would snap him in half, it was someone everyone admitted had passed their prime.

It was a hand picked ideal first fight for conor.

Off the back of 2 losses? Not even ranked top 5? Someone on their way out, not way in."

You are crazy if you think cerrone is on the way out hahaha I've watched every cerrone fight and he has always been a slow starter and that makes a big difference against the likes of McGregor.

By *ashy85Man
over a year ago

Waterford

"Noting but fanboys hahahaha bet ye only watch when he fights... every one talks shit about him but his fights speak for themselves.

They do, The Khabib and Mayweather fights speak the loudest as they were the ones where he actually had to fight.

Losing to diaz when Diaz is not even a contender too, not top 5, just put out for entertainment.. Has nate even held a title?"

This just proves you are a fanboy so what if he hasn't held a title. He has been in some epic fights one of the hardest fuckers you will meet he gets more respect than guys who hold belts get out with that nonsense haha

By *ashy85Man
over a year ago

Waterford

"Noting but fanboys hahahaha bet ye only watch when he fights... every one talks shit about him but his fights speak for themselves.

Losing to diaz when Diaz is not even a contender too, not top 5, just put out for entertainment.. Has nate even held a title?"

Are you for real haha so he didn't have to fight in both Diaz fights???

By *an For YouMan
over a year ago

belfast/holywood

I really don’t like mcgregor. He’s an arrogant nasty little cunt. Not particularly into UFC either. But fuck, you can’t take away his skills in the ring/octagon

By *ashy85Man
over a year ago

Waterford

"I really don’t like mcgregor. He’s an arrogant nasty little cunt. Not particularly into UFC either. But fuck, you can’t take away his skills in the ring/octagon"

My thoughts exactly well said

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

"If anyone thinks he hasn't faced good fighters then ye are mental hahaha so what if they get hand picked or not.... Aldo Alvarez Holloway Diaz cerrone are all great fighters. Khabib rematch will defo happen and we will see a different fight"

Aldo is a great fighter in his natural weight segment, featherweight and bantomweight. How he is supposed to beat someone travelling down weights to pummel him is beyond me though.

If you watched UFC for a long time you expect the person travelling down the weight to win. 9 out of 10 times they do.

Look at his photos, he is listed as 5'9, an inch shorter than me. I am a heavyweight in ufc weights, he fought aldo at featherweight.

Conor should be light heavyweight or middleweight.

Aldo is 5'7, and 135lbs, 60kg, I could pick him up and throw him out of the ring, I could lift him over my head then run around the ring doing squats, I can curl 60kg.

I am not even big. It just shows how much a little weight difference can make, and how a big one is just a joke.

By *ashy85Man
over a year ago

Waterford

"If anyone thinks he hasn't faced good fighters then ye are mental hahaha so what if they get hand picked or not.... Aldo Alvarez Holloway Diaz cerrone are all great fighters. Khabib rematch will defo happen and we will see a different fight

Aldo is a great fighter in his natural weight segment, featherweight and bantomweight. How he is supposed to beat someone travelling down weights to pummel him is beyond me though.

If you watched UFC for a long time you expect the person travelling down the weight to win. 9 out of 10 times they do.

Look at his photos, he is listed as 5'9, an inch shorter than me. I am a heavyweight in ufc weights, he fought aldo at featherweight.

Aldo is 5'7, and 135lbs, 60kg, I could pick him up and throw him out of the ring, I could lift him over my head then run around the ring doing squats, I can curl 60kg.

I am not even big. It just shows how much a little weight difference can make, and how a big one is just a joke."

Right Aldo's walk around weight before he started 135 was 152 and had to cut to 145 for McGregor so both men had a weight cut and everyone could cleary see it was a struggle for connor. so dont give me that crap about weight. Really aldo had the advantage when it came to the weight cut plus he fought for alot longer at said weight. When you say pummel it was one punch man really???

By *ashy85Man
over a year ago

Waterford

"If anyone thinks he hasn't faced good fighters then ye are mental hahaha so what if they get hand picked or not.... Aldo Alvarez Holloway Diaz cerrone are all great fighters. Khabib rematch will defo happen and we will see a different fight

I am not even big. It just shows how much a little weight difference can make, and how a big one is just a joke."

You forget that aldo only started at 135.. no wonder you could do that to aldo after you said you would be a heavyweight... try a weight cut down to 155 and see how you feel... come on buddy you making no sense

By *ashy85Man
over a year ago

Waterford

McGregor should be middleweight or lightheavy weight hahahahaha what a joke.... 145 155 170 that is it man no way would he go higher he would be fucked.

over a year ago

Jesus

By *ashy85Man
over a year ago

Waterford

"Jesus "

Just facts of ufc hahahaha

over a year ago

He did it for his Ma and Ireland... that’s nonsense. he doesn’t represent Ireland or the Irish- he just happens to be Irish. A talented fighter but a scum bag

I Wonder will he dedicate his next fight to the poor girl from the Beacon?

By *ashy85Man
over a year ago

Waterford

"He did it for his Ma and Ireland... that’s nonsense. he doesn’t represent Ireland or the Irish- he just happens to be Irish. A talented fighter but a scum bag

I Wonder will he dedicate his next fight to the poor girl from the Beacon?"

That's if it's true tho buddy what happened to innocent till proven guilty?

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

"Win or not he's a fucking disgrace of a human,no amount of fake nice guy will wipe out him being an absolute cunt last few years

A hero for mindless scumbags still tho"

True that.

Post new Message to Thread