Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Question for the singles

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Would you date a single parent?

Would number of kids/ages/genders turn you off?

Being truthful...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Off course i would and have done been a single parent myself.

By *Sparkie.Man
over a year ago

Ratoath

Dont see any issue with it at all, very common these days, more common than folks with no kids almost

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Wouldn't bother me at all. Just not really looking to date at present but if it happened someone being a single parent wouldn't bother me

By *eanbelfastMan
over a year ago

Belfast

On here Id say it doesn't come into the equation at all for the majority apart from planning a meet around childcare responsibilities. Assuming this is a dating question rather than a swinging one and for me its about the other person and the chemistry you have, that attraction both physically and mentally, how I click with them. Like everything in life on here and off it comes down to personal taste and preference.

over a year ago

"On here Id say it doesn't come into the equation at all for the majority apart from planning a meet around childcare responsibilities. Assuming this is a dating question rather than a swinging one and for me its about the other person and the chemistry you have, that attraction both physically and mentally, how I click with them. Like everything in life on here and off it comes down to personal taste and preference."

Yes specifically relating to dating..

Of course that's all in the making of any relationship but there's an added layer of responsibility, priorities and sharing of time, etc when the person has children to consider.

By *rutus83Man
over a year ago

naas

Wouldn't bother me at all. But I knew a woman that had a baby but wouldn't date another single parent she wanted her next partner not to any kids which is her choice but was weird as fook in my eyes

By *obrayMan
over a year ago

Craigavon

Wouldn't bother me at all but I did find it extremely hard to find a women that wants to date a single parent.

By *eanbelfastMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"On here Id say it doesn't come into the equation at all for the majority apart from planning a meet around childcare responsibilities. Assuming this is a dating question rather than a swinging one and for me its about the other person and the chemistry you have, that attraction both physically and mentally, how I click with them. Like everything in life on here and off it comes down to personal taste and preference.

Yes specifically relating to dating..

Of course that's all in the making of any relationship but there's an added layer of responsibility, priorities and sharing of time, etc when the person has children to consider. "

Indeed it adds another element to the relationship and there has to be an understanding that the person has competing priorities but theres no reason why it cant work

By *eductively_SweetWoman
over a year ago

wexford

"Wouldn't bother me at all. But I knew a woman that had a baby but wouldn't date another single parent she wanted her next partner not to any kids which is her choice but was weird as fook in my eyes "

I can understand that my oldest is 19 youngest is 12 I'm not sure if I'd want to date a single parent of a toddler/young kid. It's a case of been there don't want to do it all over again.

over a year ago

I have children myself and I’ve dated girls since my break up that have no children and had children. It wouldn’t bother me at all, it’s about the person your dating and then a little further down the line, you have a chat about what you both want in the future and figure your children into that also.

By *rutus83Man
over a year ago

naas

"Wouldn't bother me at all. But I knew a woman that had a baby but wouldn't date another single parent she wanted her next partner not to any kids which is her choice but was weird as fook in my eyes

I can understand that my oldest is 19 youngest is 12 I'm not sure if I'd want to date a single parent of a toddler/young kid. It's a case of been there don't want to do it all over again. "

She had a baby herself I do get your case just not hers

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

Attraction is attraction

...so if there's chemistry between 2 people

I don't think it should matter

I do find a single woman who's also a proud mum

really nice to see!

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

If i was single and had no kids (obviously speaking from the very big IF scenario and going back to when i was in my early 20's) I wouldnt go out with someone who had kids. mrs

over a year ago

"If i was single and had no kids (obviously speaking from the very big IF scenario and going back to when i was in my early 20's) I wouldnt go out with someone who had kids. mrs"

I agree. I think time of life has a lot to do with people's stance on this.

By *addywhackerMan
over a year ago

Derry

Not a problem with me

By *adrarfjordr VoyeurMan
over a year ago

Waterford

"Would you date a single parent?

Being truthful... "

Kids wouldn't put me off and I wouldn't care about gender. I have a feeling it might be personally easier for me to deal with younger kids but I don't think age would put me off.

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

"If i was single and had no kids (obviously speaking from the very big IF scenario and going back to when i was in my early 20's) I wouldnt go out with someone who had kids. mrs

"

Tbh if i was still single now i dont think i would date someone with kids either but thats just me.

over a year ago

"If i was single and had no kids (obviously speaking from the very big IF scenario and going back to when i was in my early 20's) I wouldnt go out with someone who had kids. mrs

Tbh if i was still single now i dont think i would date someone with kids either but thats just me. "

You've had the experience now. I'm equally scarred for life

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

Tbh if i was still single now i dont think i would date someone with kids either but thats just me.

You've had the experience now. I'm equally scarred for life "

Lol they are hard bloody work. My youngest is sick at the minute and my god shes like a screaming clinging vine. I know she cant help it but when ur running on about an average of 2 hours sleep for the last three nights im like nahhh i cant deal with this today lol

over a year ago

It's a tricky situation to be in

Yes I would like to date someone and have dated, some of those dates have be short lived and some have been a regular thing for a time

But none of those dates have ever been introduced to my children,

For me I will only ever indroduce that man, if I can see it lasting longer than dates

Been divorced quite some time and my 2 kids are older now, but still feel reluctant to bring men into their lives when I don't things will go beyond dating

over a year ago

Lol they are hard bloody work. My youngest is sick at the minute and my god shes like a screaming clinging vine. I know she cant help it but when ur running on about an average of 2 hours sleep for the last three nights im like nahhh i cant deal with this today lol"

I should probably state on dating profiles I'm seeking a second pair of hands, no romance. Thanks.

over a year ago

"It's a tricky situation to be in

Yes I would like to date someone and have dated, some of those dates have be short lived and some have been a regular thing for a time

For me I will only ever indroduce that man, if I can see it lasting longer than dates

Been divorced quite some time and my 2 kids are older now, but still feel reluctant to bring men into their lives when I don't things will go beyond dating

"

Completely understandable and way it should be imo. It's a huge step and such a change for children, no matter the age.

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

Lol they are hard bloody work. My youngest is sick at the minute and my god shes like a screaming clinging vine. I know she cant help it but when ur running on about an average of 2 hours sleep for the last three nights im like nahhh i cant deal with this today lol

I should probably state on dating profiles I'm seeking a second pair of hands, no romance. Thanks. "

or someone that will pay for a nanny lol.

By *at3232Woman
over a year ago

Castlebar

"Attraction is attraction

...so if there's chemistry between 2 people

I don't think it should matter

I do find a single woman who's also a proud mum

really nice to see! "

over a year ago

Being truthful... "

One of my FwBs is a single parent. Already full custody for a 10 yo girl. And I have no problem dating him.

My daughter is in the same age, so patents and kids are friends

It is possible but found it difficult if the person might live a bit far away from me.

Good luck OP!

over a year ago

Being truthful...

One of my FwBs is a single parent. Already full custody for a 10 yo girl. And I have no problem dating him.

My daughter is in the same age, so patents and kids are friends

It is possible but found it difficult if the person might live a bit far away from me.

Good luck OP! "

Thanks Smokey. Love a good story!

By *ellboy777Man
over a year ago

Drogheda

"Wouldn't bother me at all but I did find it extremely hard to find a women that wants to date a single parent. "

I have found the same myself with slot of women.

over a year ago

No problem and have done a few times in the past. Have to expect new partners to probably have either children or divorced (or both) as I get into my 30s lol

I'd be a lot more wary if she had children and didn't see them for whatever reason though!

over a year ago

"Wouldn't bother me at all. But I knew a woman that had a baby but wouldn't date another single parent she wanted her next partner not to any kids which is her choice but was weird as fook in my eyes "
For me I wouldnt date a guy wit smaller kids. Mine grown up so I'd prefer sumone wit kids grown up too.

over a year ago

Being truthful... "

I'm a single father I have dated single mother before and also girls with no kids.

The girl's with no kids aren't as understanding and behave like kids themselves.

So yes definitely would

over a year ago

Of course I would

over a year ago

Hay are you hitting on me

over a year ago

"It's a tricky situation to be in

"

Well said ,there is a lot more to be considered before decisions like introducing anyone into your kids lives..

over a year ago

I have my own wee ones and wouldnt mind if someone I was interested in had kids.

I think if you like a person enough that you just need to accept their extra bonuses as they come

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

I should probably state on dating profiles I'm seeking a second pair of hands, no romance. Thanks. "

Man wanted with experience of cleaning,cooking,child minding and a degree in how to please a woman

Sur ull find them every where

Thinking long and hard on this id have to say the woman would come first then what the future holds and how their or my kids would impact on all that

Mind you at my age would i date a twenty something with kids hell yea

By *ogladyWoman
over a year ago

The bog

"Wouldn't bother me at all. But I knew a woman that had a baby but wouldn't date another single parent she wanted her next partner not to any kids which is her choice but was weird as fook in my eyes

I can understand that my oldest is 19 youngest is 12 I'm not sure if I'd want to date a single parent of a toddler/young kid. It's a case of been there don't want to do it all over again. "

I'd be the same as this as my oldest is 23 and youngest is 21

By *safunwituMan
over a year ago

Enniscorthy

Last relationship I was in she had 4 children, 2 under 10 and the other 2 in their early 20's. Have dated many women with kids in the past and was never an issue.

By *ewadventures2017Couple
over a year ago

some where near

Wouldn't or shouldn't be a issue I think but that's just me

I don't have kids my partner does

It just means been more open not been able to meet at the drop of a hat is all

over a year ago

I’ve done so in the past

Basically when you reach a certain age your going to have baggage and people you meet need to accept that and you there’s

By *yesgreenMan
over a year ago

north and south

"I’ve done so in the past

Basically when you reach a certain age your going to have baggage and people you meet need to accept that and you there’s "

Yes always have always will, most of the kids they have now will end up on here few years from now

over a year ago

I adore them all.

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman
over a year ago

Magical Forrest

I wouldnt mind.... being myself....

over a year ago

Well I have a child too so if we get on the I would date someone with kids but i think I agree with you, I would take things very very slow and really get to know the person first before introducing her to my child x

over a year ago

If I had children myself then yes I would,but if I didn’t I would be reluctant. If I start dating someone or go further I’d want to be they’re number 1,when a parent already has kids they are and will always be they’re number 1 priority. That’s how I feel about it anyway

By *trangetides41Man
over a year ago

Kildare

Being truthful... "

Definitely date a single parent, as a single parent myself I find it difficult to meet anyone as my time is limited but I try to enjoy what ever time I get with someone

By *un_Paul500Man
over a year ago

Dublin

This is not a dating site, so I won't mind.

By *allyWally19Woman
over a year ago

The Road to Nowhere

I would have no issues in dating a single parent. Have done in the past and would fo in the future

By *winger212Woman
over a year ago

Live in spain

Yes I would. Once they are teenagers then I'm ok when that. I raised my kids and having my life back I refuse to do a U-turn

By *P_80Man
over a year ago

Waterford

I wouldn't do it again.

While the break up was mutual and we ended on good terms, in fact we're still good friends, it was that bit harder because of how close I became with her daughter.

I'm still in my ex's daughters life, and love being so, but I wouldn't put myself through that again.

Not a chance.

Post new Message to Thread