Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why do certain people try to stop others from posting on certain threads. Isn t everyone entitled to their opinion even if you agree or disagree with what they have to say.I see a lot of don't feed the trolls when they can't give another answer.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Don't feed the throlls

over a year ago

"Don't feed the throlls "
Tell me what exactly that means on a site like this.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

You can post your opinion as long as you stick to the forum rules, so can others. There's no obligation to reply to posts. Also you have the freedom of avoiding posters you don't want to engage with.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"You can post your opinion as long as you stick to the forum rules, so can others. There's no obligation to reply to posts. Also you have the freedom of avoiding posters you don't want to engage with. "

over a year ago

"You can post your opinion as long as you stick to the forum rules, so can others. There's no obligation to reply to posts. Also you have the freedom of avoiding posters you don't want to engage with. "
Of course you can do all the above.But my question is why try telling others not to post on certain threads.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"You can post your opinion as long as you stick to the forum rules, so can others. There's no obligation to reply to posts. Also you have the freedom of avoiding posters you don't want to engage with. Of course you can do all the above.But my question is why try telling others not to post on certain threads."

There's plenty of reasons, if it's right or wrong to do so depends on the situation. Also it's down to each individual to follow or not what others suggest.

over a year ago

"You can post your opinion as long as you stick to the forum rules, so can others. There's no obligation to reply to posts. Also you have the freedom of avoiding posters you don't want to engage with. Of course you can do all the above.But my question is why try telling others not to post on certain threads.

There's plenty of reasons, if it's right or wrong to do so depends on the situation. Also it's down to each individual to follow or not what others suggest. "

What right has anyone here to tell another what to say or do.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Everyone has the right to tell anyone else here anything they like (within the rules). Who arr you to say they aren't? If you try and stop them then you are exhibiting the exact behaviour that you are yourself complaining about.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

(it would make everyone's lives a bit easier if you put in a proper subject to a thread rather than a question mark.. That's annoying)

over a year ago

"Everyone has the right to tell anyone else here anything they like (within the rules). Who arr you to say they aren't? If you try and stop them then you are exhibiting the exact behaviour that you are yourself complaining about. "
Big difference in saying what you think and telling others what to say or think. I personally have no problem with people saying or doing anything here as long as it's what they want not what others tell them.

over a year ago

"(it would make everyone's lives a bit easier if you put in a proper subject to a thread rather than a question mark.. That's annoying) "
Lol you telling me what to do.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"Everyone has the right to tell anyone else here anything they like (within the rules). Who arr you to say they aren't? If you try and stop them then you are exhibiting the exact behaviour that you are yourself complaining about. Big difference in saying what you think and telling others what to say or think. I personally have no problem with people saying or doing anything here as long as it's what they want not what others tell them. "

People arent sheep. They can make up their own minds to follow instruction or not.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"(it would make everyone's lives a bit easier if you put in a proper subject to a thread rather than a question mark.. That's annoying) Lol you telling me what to do."

No im iist telling you how to make people's lives easier. Look at the words again.

over a year ago

"Everyone has the right to tell anyone else here anything they like (within the rules). Who arr you to say they aren't? If you try and stop them then you are exhibiting the exact behaviour that you are yourself complaining about. Big difference in saying what you think and telling others what to say or think. I personally have no problem with people saying or doing anything here as long as it's what they want not what others tell them.

People arent sheep. They can make up their own minds to follow instruction or not. "

If they an't sheep then why act like sheep.

over a year ago

"(it would make everyone's lives a bit easier if you put in a proper subject to a thread rather than a question mark.. That's annoying) Lol you telling me what to do.

No im iist telling you how to make people's lives easier. Look at the words again. "

I'm not here to make anyone's life easy.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Clearly

over a year ago

"Clearly "
Now your sucking diesel.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"You can post your opinion as long as you stick to the forum rules, so can others. There's no obligation to reply to posts. Also you have the freedom of avoiding posters you don't want to engage with. Of course you can do all the above.But my question is why try telling others not to post on certain threads.

There's plenty of reasons, if it's right or wrong to do so depends on the situation. Also it's down to each individual to follow or not what others suggest. What right has anyone here to tell another what to say or do."

If it's meant as advice or a tip, there's nothing wrong with it, but again it also depends on the situation. Nobody is obliged to pick up on the advice, each individual has to decide to go along with it or not.

over a year ago

There's plenty of reasons, if it's right or wrong to do so depends on the situation. Also it's down to each individual to follow or not what others suggest. What right has anyone here to tell another what to say or do.

If it's meant as advice or a tip, there's nothing wrong with it, but again it also depends on the situation. Nobody is obliged to pick up on the advice, each individual has to decide to go along with it or not. "

So if I said don't reply to such a one on the forums because I don't like them would you be a sheep and follow the leader or would you trust your own judgment.

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

[Removed by poster at 31/08/19 18:18:17]

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Why do certain people try to stop others from posting on certain threads. Isn t everyone entitled to their opinion even if you agree or disagree with what they have to say.I see a lot of don't feed the trolls when they can't give another answer."

-------------------------

Admin is the only authority who can actually STOP someone from posting on the forums

However, is someone is posting gibberish looking for attention because they cant get a veri or asking a question that's been asked a trillion times already (in the hope of getting attention) others have the right to called them out on that

So, feed or don't feed the trolls as you see fit

over a year ago

"Why do certain people try to stop others from posting on certain threads. Isn t everyone entitled to their opinion even if you agree or disagree with what they have to say.I see a lot of don't feed the trolls when they can't give another answer.

Admin is the only authority who can actually STOP someone from posting on the forums

However, is someone is posting gibberish looking for attention because they cant get a veri or asking a question that's been asked a trillion times already (in the hope of getting attention) others have the right to called them out on that

So, feed or don't feed the trolls as you see fit "

Isn't everyone looking for attention here including yourself.

By *easingTimMan
over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Why do certain people try to stop others from posting on certain threads. Isn t everyone entitled to their opinion even if you agree or disagree with what they have to say.I see a lot of don't feed the trolls when they can't give another answer.

So, feed or don't feed the trolls as you see fit Isn't everyone looking for attention here including yourself."

--------------------------

Some more than others my friend

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

There's plenty of reasons, if it's right or wrong to do so depends on the situation. Also it's down to each individual to follow or not what others suggest. What right has anyone here to tell another what to say or do.

If it's meant as advice or a tip, there's nothing wrong with it, but again it also depends on the situation. Nobody is obliged to pick up on the advice, each individual has to decide to go along with it or not. So if I said don't reply to such a one on the forums because I don't like them would you be a sheep and follow the leader or would you trust your own judgment. "

I'm my own woman as you know, the fact I post here, proves it, I can't speak for others.

By *r tayt2Man
over a year ago

Trim

Never feed this troll starvation is what he wants

Or slimming world

As he said he was far and bald

His words

Post new Message to Thread