over a year ago

The truth might stop the questioning

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *verage Joe BlackMan
over a year ago

Border Area

"They want to know where I'm going, who I'm meeting, and what time I'll be home

Oh how the tide turns???"

Yeah... so that they know where the money will be, how much you're likely to spend, and how much youll have to give them when you get back..!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Oh how the tide turns???

Yeah... so that they know where the money will be, how much you're likely to spend, and how much youll have to give them when you get back..!"

You may have a point!

over a year ago

"The truth might stop the questioning"

Omg mam ewww gross

By *ackk25Man
over a year ago

Kilkenny

To see a man about a dog... The man selling the dog... And depends on negotiations!

over a year ago

Oh how the tide turns???

To see a man about a dog... The man selling the dog... And depends on negotiations! "

You have a dog?

By *ackk25Man
over a year ago

Kilkenny

Oh how the tide turns???

To see a man about a dog... The man selling the dog... And depends on negotiations!

You have a dog?"

No, but I've taken a loan of the neighbours Labrador... Told them he looks like he needs a walk... Geeeeesssse.... It's a tangled Web this swinging business!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

So Sad. We need to get a Hotel for a decent shag. Weve gone back 25 years....

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple
over a year ago

ireland

Oh and who where you with ,any pics etc etc -ehhh yes love a few but not for home viewing

By *r tayt2Man
over a year ago

Trim

It's hard work being devious

over a year ago

"The truth might stop the questioning

Omg mam ewww gross"

I am disgusting but effective....

By *ames brosnanMan
over a year ago

cobh

They probably want to know as much information only because they want to know if you’ll be gone long enough for them to invite someone over to do exactly what your doing think back to when you were their age. If you thought you had the house to yourself for the evening and you had someone on the go they’d be straight over for a good time before the parents get home.

over a year ago

"Oh and who where you with ,any pics etc etc -ehhh yes love a few but not for home viewing "

Who are you chatting to on your phone and what are you smiling about?

over a year ago

"They probably want to know as much information only because they want to know if you’ll be gone long enough for them to invite someone over to do exactly what your doing think back to when you were their age. If you thought you had the house to yourself for the evening and you had someone on the go they’d be straight over for a good time before the parents get home. "

No they bloody want to know everything!!

By *ames brosnanMan
over a year ago

cobh

"They probably want to know as much information only because they want to know if you’ll be gone long enough for them to invite someone over to do exactly what your doing think back to when you were their age. If you thought you had the house to yourself for the evening and you had someone on the go they’d be straight over for a good time before the parents get home.

No they bloody want to know everything!!"

Haha you just raised nosey ones so haha

over a year ago

Tell them your going to mass, on your knees and pray

over a year ago

"The truth might stop the questioning"

Or raise more! You never know whats sits inside those little heads, lol

over a year ago

I feel your pain!

God be with the days you could send them the bed early for asking too many questions.

By *aughtyglintWoman
over a year ago

Any

"The truth might stop the questioning

Omg mam ewww gross"

Sounds familiar

over a year ago

"I feel your pain!

God be with the days you could send them the bed early for asking too many questions. "

Haha for sure!

By *r tayt2Man
over a year ago

Trim

They always want to know my whereabots so they sure of a lift home later

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple
over a year ago

ireland

"Oh and who where you with ,any pics etc etc -ehhh yes love a few but not for home viewing

Who are you chatting to on your phone and what are you smiling about? "

Sounds very familiar indeed

over a year ago

"They probably want to know as much information only because they want to know if you’ll be gone long enough for them to invite someone over to do exactly what your doing think back to when you were their age. If you thought you had the house to yourself for the evening and you had someone on the go they’d be straight over for a good time before the parents get home. "

This is a bit of me especially when I was with my ex!! If I got wind of my parents going out I'd get him over straight away lol

By *exysam and StuartCouple
over a year ago

over the hills and far away

We feel your pain. We have one here that wants to know everything too. Especially if we ask that they babysit

Our one has a better social life than we do

over a year ago

"

Our one has a better social life than we do "

Tell me about it

By *rinibooWoman
over a year ago

clare

It my in-laws and mother that ask all the questions . Where am I going and what am I doing .

over a year ago

My excuse was always bingo !

Just a pity I never won fook all .

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Oh how the tide turns???

To see a man about a dog... The man selling the dog... And depends on negotiations! "

Ah I remember that years ago when I was a kid.

Classic

By *teve261970Man
over a year ago

Gateshead

Out with friends is the one I use

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Yes but these days, tech savvy parents have miniature wireless security cameras

over a year ago

I just leave and say see you in a Day or two.

over a year ago

"I just leave and say see you in a Day or two.

"

Can't really do that yet as there's a younger one too!

By *unnyfookMan
over a year ago

Naas

just be sure they are not on here

over a year ago

"So Sad. We need to get a Hotel for a decent shag. Weve gone back 25 years.... "

We feel you ..

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Mammy's meeting strangers from the internet, ffs doing exactly the opposite what you have preached to them. So you can't blame them for beingll concerned.

By *verage Joe BlackMan
over a year ago

Border Area

"Mammy's meeting strangers from the internet, ffs doing exactly the opposite what you have preached to them. So you can't blame them for beingll concerned.

"

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

It's not just adult children who present these issues. I've no kids and as far was my family are aware, was unattached.... So I'd get all those questions whenever I said I wouldn't be around, or wasn't around when they decided to just drop in It was like an inquisition!!

over a year ago

"Mammy's meeting strangers from the internet, ffs doing exactly the opposite what you have preached to them. So you can't blame them for beingll concerned.

"

Ah no, I warned them years ago that I was more of a terrible warning than a good example

over a year ago

"It's not just adult children who present these issues. I've no kids and as far was my family are aware, was unattached.... So I'd get all those questions whenever I said I wouldn't be around, or wasn't around when they decided to just drop in It was like an inquisition!! "

Didn't you know that you're meant to be at their beck and call 24/7?

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

"It's not just adult children who present these issues. I've no kids and as far was my family are aware, was unattached.... So I'd get all those questions whenever I said I wouldn't be around, or wasn't around when they decided to just drop in It was like an inquisition!!

Didn't you know that you're meant to be at their beck and call 24/7?"

I think that happens when you're the single sibling/daughter... 'ah sure Isolde will take the kids if we go out/water the plants and feed the pets while we're away/be there (and alone) if we feel like dropping in at any time'. There's an assumption that you have no life!!

By *ames brosnanMan
over a year ago

cobh

"They probably want to know as much information only because they want to know if you’ll be gone long enough for them to invite someone over to do exactly what your doing think back to when you were their age. If you thought you had the house to yourself for the evening and you had someone on the go they’d be straight over for a good time before the parents get home.

This is a bit of me especially when I was with my ex!! If I got wind of my parents going out I'd get him over straight away lol"

I’m the same, if I hear they are gone for enough time to have some good fun I’m right on that. That’s why I thought of it as it’s me haha

By *ames brosnanMan
over a year ago

cobh

Yes but these days, tech savvy parents have miniature wireless security cameras "

Thank god they haven’t reached a certain generation yet

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

I went out a few weeks ago and forgot my house key I texted my daughter fairly early on in the night saying I forgot my key, she said its ok I'm sure I be up . So around 1 got home and I ring her phone not to wake others up by ringing doorbell. She opens the door staying "what time you call this" I apologise and go to bed . Next morning shes still pissed with me till I inform her hold on I'm the mother not you... her response "will your the one forgetting your key not me

over a year ago

"I went out a few weeks ago and forgot my house key I texted my daughter fairly early on in the night saying I forgot my key, she said its ok I'm sure I be up . So around 1 got home and I ring her phone not to wake others up by ringing doorbell. She opens the door staying "what time you call this" I apologise and go to bed . Next morning shes still pissed with me till I inform her hold on I'm the mother not you... her response "will your the one forgetting your key not me "

Pmsl, I left my keys in the door the other night and my son couldn't get in when he returned home at around 4 am, so he rang his sister who was asleep to come down and let him in. I apologised to her in the morning (he wasn't up yet) and she said it's cool, consider it part payback for all the sleepless nights we gave you.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

"I went out a few weeks ago and forgot my house key I texted my daughter fairly early on in the night saying I forgot my key, she said its ok I'm sure I be up . So around 1 got home and I ring her phone not to wake others up by ringing doorbell. She opens the door staying "what time you call this" I apologise and go to bed . Next morning shes still pissed with me till I inform her hold on I'm the mother not you... her response "will your the one forgetting your key not me

Pmsl, I left my keys in the door the other night and my son couldn't get in when he returned home at around 4 am, so he rang his sister who was asleep to come down and let him in. I apologised to her in the morning (he wasn't up yet) and she said it's cool, consider it part payback for all the sleepless nights we gave you."

Haha well she was fine my daughter was a demon and for a split second I felt 18 and being told off by my mum

over a year ago

"I went out a few weeks ago and forgot my house key I texted my daughter fairly early on in the night saying I forgot my key, she said its ok I'm sure I be up . So around 1 got home and I ring her phone not to wake others up by ringing doorbell. She opens the door staying "what time you call this" I apologise and go to bed . Next morning shes still pissed with me till I inform her hold on I'm the mother not you... her response "will your the one forgetting your key not me

Pmsl, I left my keys in the door the other night and my son couldn't get in when he returned home at around 4 am, so he rang his sister who was asleep to come down and let him in. I apologised to her in the morning (he wasn't up yet) and she said it's cool, consider it part payback for all the sleepless nights we gave you.Haha well she was fine my daughter was a demon and for a split second I felt 18 and being told off by my mum "

I know what you mean!!

over a year ago

We are wondering when asking will start among our offspring and what to say if. Especially as swinging runs in Clyde's family for sometime... His parents, his brother, him. We are not sure about the grandparents but we are not ruling out either. It must be something in the genes. Only to wait when...

over a year ago

Its worse when they leave and have kids of there own then look for you to mind them at a moments notice. They dont realise we have lifes if our own.

over a year ago

"Its worse when they leave and have kids of there own then look for you to mind them at a moments notice. They dont realise we have lifes if our own. "

That's why I've informed them that I will be selling up and emigrating after the youngest finishes her education.

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"Its worse when they leave and have kids of there own then look for you to mind them at a moments notice. They dont realise we have lifes if our own. "

U gota do what u gota do they probally got a last min meet with a hot cpl and dont want to miss the chance

By *p4itduoCouple
over a year ago

santry

Oh god and keeping straight where are ye going , what time will yous be back ,we said we were going to friends house for a few drinks one night, them particular friends tried to ring us ,we were to busy to answer, they rang our daughter instead saying they couldnt get through to us and to pass a message on ,well the next morning when under ad hoc questioning we said we were with them ,thinking we could shrug it off our daughter announced that them particular friends had kept in touch throughout the night ,Oh dear our faces i will never forget , which brings us to where we are now its nobody business but our own

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

Just dont tell them, my parents don't ask me any of them questions.

But it's taken years of just not answering before they stopped.

Post new Message to Thread