Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Poor conversation game

Jump to newest

By *urious4life OP   Couple
over a year ago

Limerick

Why is it that most, not all men, have very poor conversation skills via DM?

“Hey, how are you guys?” Just not going to cut it. I know it’s all copy and paste fishing nonsense but even if engaged it isn’t great. It’s the reason I don’t feel compelled to carry a conversation or even respond. Even if they may stoke an interest.

Women seem so much better at it.

Wise up guys

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

[Removed by poster at 25/07/19 19:30:44]

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

Let the women send the messages so and you will have no issues.

Problem solved.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

To be fair a first message is more statement writting than showing conversation skills if yiu have time write back if its not clicking after a message or two then you can call it

over a year ago

Limerick

I don’t understand. Men message us and I’m the one making the observation, he doesn’t care.

over a year ago

To be fair, it’s not just lads. My opening gambits are generally cringe-worthy, “send me a dick pic like a good lad” doesn’t seem to be cutting it

over a year ago

"Why is it that most, not all men, have very poor conversation skills via DM?

“Hey, how are you guys?” Just not going to cut it. I know it’s all copy and paste fishing nonsense but even if engaged it isn’t great. It’s the reason I don’t feel compelled to carry a conversation or even respond. Even if they may stoke an interest.

Wise up guys "

.....................Really?,I suggest it can be equally bad on both sides,it's like pulling teeth sometimes! slow and painful!

By *verage Joe BlackMan
over a year ago

Border Area

"To be fair, it’s not just lads. My opening gambits are generally cringe-worthy, “send me a dick pic like a good lad” doesn’t seem to be cutting it "

To save you embarrassment, why not just sit back and wait to see if any innovative guys actually send you some without asking? Would probably never happen, but hope springs eternal...

By *adylaceWoman
over a year ago

Waterford City

I have to hold my hands up and admit that I can be terrible for chats here. It’s all one word answers and lols. I don’t mean it to be like that. I’m just better at chatting face to face.

over a year ago

Limerick

Suppose it depends on people’s experiences in here. For me, speaking to women has been more relaxed and free flowing. It’s meant to be fun not mundane.

My top tip is to actually read a couples/ singles profile and make your message more personal depending on that. A little bit of effort can go a long way

over a year ago

"Suppose it depends on people’s experiences in here. For me, speaking to women has been more relaxed and free flowing. It’s meant to be fun not mundane.

My top tip is to actually read a couples/ singles profile and make your message more personal depending on that. A little bit of effort can go a long way "

...that's the key,making a little effort!.and trying to avoid questions that invite one word answers!...and have a sense of the ridiculous! ...after all we are trying to convince complete strangers to get naked with us!

By *verage Joe BlackMan
over a year ago

Border Area

"Suppose it depends on people’s experiences in here. For me, speaking to women has been more relaxed and free flowing. It’s meant to be fun not mundane.

My top tip is to actually read a couples/ singles profile and make your message more personal depending on that. A little bit of effort can go a long way "

You would be surprised how many profiles have little to nothing in them, so finding something as an opening can be tough. And if you try to make a joke about the fact the person/couple has little to nothing in their profile, they usually take it thick and don't respond anyway.

Being online is easier in some respects as it takes away the physical "approach" part of chatting someone up that you experience in real life, but that doesn't mean it's much easier either.

Many guys are shy and better once they warm up, but with the numbers game here on fab, ladies and couples want something that will catch their eye, so many normal "good" guys get overlooked as their opening line(s) may not be the best.

And that's quite sad.

Another site I am on operates like Tinder in that you "like" someone before you message and they respond in kind, so a least the confidence level rises a bit. But again the numbers game for ladies in particular may render this also unworkable.

In summary, there is no magic solution to opening lines. Most will always be bad or unappealing. All of us will suffer from poor or ill thought out opening lines. A few will get through. A smaller percentage will end up in conversation.

This is fab.

By *oseredWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

Wise up guys .....................Really?,I suggest it can be equally bad on both sides,it's like pulling teeth sometimes! slow and painful! "

I thought you were a dentist. Can I have my teeth back. I'll do better next time. Lol

By *oseredWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

My top tip is to actually read a couples/ singles profile and make your message more personal depending on that. A little bit of effort can go a long way

You would be surprised how many profiles have little to nothing in them, so finding something as an opening can be tough. And if you try to make a joke about the fact the person/couple has little to nothing in their profile, they usually take it thick and don't respond anyway.

Being online is easier in some respects as it takes away the physical "approach" part of chatting someone up that you experience in real life, but that doesn't mean it's much easier either.

Many guys are shy and better once they warm up, but with the numbers game here on fab, ladies and couples want something that will catch their eye, so many normal "good" guys get overlooked as their opening line(s) may not be the best.

And that's quite sad.

Another site I am on operates like Tinder in that you "like" someone before you message and they respond in kind, so a least the confidence level rises a bit. But again the numbers game for ladies in particular may render this also unworkable.

In summary, there is no magic solution to opening lines. Most will always be bad or unappealing. All of us will suffer from poor or ill thought out opening lines. A few will get through. A smaller percentage will end up in conversation.

This is fab. "

You're a fab chatter box so.

By *hors.HammerMan
over a year ago

Newbridge

I'm dreadful at starting mails so I don't haha.

over a year ago

Wise up guys .....................Really?,I suggest it can be equally bad on both sides,it's like pulling teeth sometimes! slow and painful!

I thought you were a dentist. Can I have my teeth back. I'll do better next time. Lol"

.You'll have to make another appointment!

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

Your profile says your not fabbing at the minute, that your not interested in single guy's and that you won't reply to them. And then you start a thread complaining about poor conversations with guy's????????

By *oserMan
over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

Wise up guys "

Hang on a sec, your profile clearly states and I quote,,,

"NOT INTERESTED IN SINGLE GUYS. We won’t be responding to messages."

Whats the point of this thread?

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"To be fair, it’s not just lads. My opening gambits are generally cringe-worthy, “send me a dick pic like a good lad” doesn’t seem to be cutting it "

Try get ur cock out

I find show us ur cunt works wonders

over a year ago

1,000,000 dick pics now in your inbox

over a year ago

Limerick

Wise up guys

Whats the point of this thread?"

My point exactly.

Thank you for reading our profile. If more people read people’s profiles and didn’t send lame ass copy and paste messages, this place would be much better. ??

By *unnyfookMan
over a year ago

Naas

we usually just want to break the ice, you just cant jum in and ask hows your fanny for a lodger

By *anKinkyMan
over a year ago

Carrick on Shannon

For me I'd say 50% of messages sent are opened and read and the other 50 never opened,so first message now is just an opener,keeping it simple,but obviously interested!!

over a year ago

Wise up guys

My point exactly.

Thank you for reading our profile. If more people read people’s profiles and didn’t send lame ass copy and paste messages, this place would be much better. ??"

Ummmm did you ever stop to think your only getting messages off the type of guys that dont read profiles and listen to peoples preferences because the ones that do, ya know, read the profile?

over a year ago

Limerick

Wise up guys

My point exactly.

Thank you for reading our profile. If more people read people’s profiles and didn’t send lame ass copy and paste messages, this place would be much better. ??

Ummmm did you ever stop to think your only getting messages off the type of guys that dont read profiles and listen to peoples preferences because the ones that do, ya know, read the profile?"

Brilliant. You get it too and by rising the point hopefully more people will become aware to read people’s profiles. Please read more of the thread where I expand further about how every one should read profiles and include something personal in DM.

But since you are clearly one of these people it doesn’t apply to you. I would love if this place was better.

over a year ago

Like most things in life, it's the effort versus reward conundrum. If the recipient isn't interested, doesn't matter what the message is, long, short, funny, serious, philosophical, the outcome will be the same. So why bother?

By *hors.HammerMan
over a year ago

Newbridge

Wise up guys

My point exactly.

Ummmm did you ever stop to think your only getting messages off the type of guys that dont read profiles and listen to peoples preferences because the ones that do, ya know, read the profile?

Brilliant. You get it too and by rising the point hopefully more people will become aware to read people’s profiles. Please read more of the thread where I expand further about how every one should read profiles and include something personal in DM.

But since you are clearly one of these people it doesn’t apply to you. I would love if this place was better. "

I doubt they will so many people don't seem to read profiles. I always read peoples profiles.

I got called a prude and stuck up last night by someone because they failed to read my profile. They'll probably see this as they replied to a post on the forums

over a year ago

Wise up guys

My point exactly.

But since you are clearly one of these people it doesn’t apply to you. I would love if this place was better. "

It's not necessarily that people don't read the profile and see your preferences - they just don't care.

Post new Message to Thread