Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Face app

Jump to newest

By *llie and Apples OP   Couple
over a year ago

where ever

Just looking at the hot pics and it got me thinking .....with the latest craze of old peep pics on face App...do you still trust face pics on messages now ?

A curious Apples

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan
over a year ago

Tipperary

The transfornation in me is unreal

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Well as it’s a scam linked to a well known scam outfit in Russia, I’m amazed by the amount of numpty friends I have on Facebook doing it.

By *rownForFunMan
over a year ago

Near Toulouse

"Well as it’s a scam linked to a well known scam outfit in Russia, I’m amazed by the amount of numpty friends I have on Facebook doing it. "
because nobody is reading the terms of use.

over a year ago

"Just looking at the hot pics and it got me thinking .....with the latest craze of old peep pics on face App...do you still trust face pics on messages now ?

A curious Apples "

Ah I see what you mean.

over a year ago

Don't think anyone will be meeting old me?! , Tina said I was cute but if that's what I look like wen I'm old ill be keeping my 2019 pics for fab

By *he SophisticatsCouple
over a year ago

York

I tried that ‘face app’ (Fooey) but I came up so old that I’d already started my next life!

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

Haven't tried it myself... Not sure why anyone would feel the need to try to deceive me with altered pics anyway, because if we met I'd know.... And that would be the end of that

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"I tried that ‘face app’ (Fooey) but I came up so old that I’d already started my next life!"

I didnt think it could do magic

By *he SophisticatsCouple
over a year ago

York

"I tried that ‘face app’ (Fooey) but I came up so old that I’d already started my next life!

I didnt think it could do magic "

PMSL

Fucker!

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

Someone else put my photo through this? do the FSB know my face now?

By *hy_bangor_bi-girlWoman
over a year ago

Bangor

"Someone else put my photo through this? do the FSB know my face now?"

Well yes and no. It saves the original photo and the newly edited photo to their servers. If you have used it already the damage is done. The terms and conditions are so loose its borderline dangerous.

“You grant FaceApp a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, fully-paid, transferable sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, publicly perform and display your User Content and any name, username or likeness provided in connection with your User Content in all media formats and channels now known or later developed, without compensation to you" This is the Segment of terms and conditions sent to us which means they can do pretty much anything with your pictures, but then again most apps do anyway. But no one ever reads the terms and conditions, we all just tick the boxes and move on. The mass hysteria behind faceapp is that its russian based. Xenophobia, plain and simple! Snapchat saves every snap, conversation, location to its servers where it supposedly just deletes then immediately (yeah right!) but because snapchat is American its okay.

Its possible the before and after pictures could be used for training a facial recognition algorithm on facial aging characteristics. But thats what the "10 year challenge" on facebook exactly did. Again no uproar over that because its American but the same company crushed every last drop of metadata out of everyone. So yeah they have your pictures but so does every other camera app you download.

Post new Message to Thread