Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Second messages

Jump to newest

By *ildmovement OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

I don’t hassle people on here and mostly here for the banter, a bit of craic and the off chance that there is someone on the site where we will click and have mutual fun.

My question is what are your thoughts on, if you have messaged someone, possibly over a year ago and there was no reply that if you went to send them another message and the warning notification came back that you had messaged them before and received no reply would you message them again?

I rarely would send another message to someone I had sent a message to previously as I would see that as hassling them!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Ye you should send a message often have replied to a second message later on. Mainly because I may have missed the first one or else just had so many messages the first time that I just gave a quick reply back but we never got talking. I'd send one and see what happens worse they can do is not reply.

By *essicaRabbit1Woman
over a year ago

Dublin

"I don’t hassle people on here and mostly here for the banter, a bit of craic and the off chance that there is someone on the site where we will click and have mutual fun.

My question is what are your thoughts on, if you have messaged someone, possibly over a year ago and there was no reply that if you went to send them another message and the warning notification came back that you had messaged them before and received no reply would you message them again?

I rarely would send another message to someone I had sent a message to previously as I would see that as hassling them! "

Second message is fine, they can be missed, the person may not be meeting at that time, you may do a bulk delete. Second read and no reply would give impression of not interested.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A few months apart I wouldnt see as a big deal if the first wasnt opened....

After that though Id call it a day

By *ildmovement OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Sometimes I think that, especially if it up to 12 months or so since I would have sent one and think it may have being a time they were looking for something else.

But then I don’t want to be hassling someone if they haven’t replied.

By *ildmovement OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"I don’t hassle people on here and mostly here for the banter, a bit of craic and the off chance that there is someone on the site where we will click and have mutual fun.

I rarely would send another message to someone I had sent a message to previously as I would see that as hassling them!

Second message is fine, they can be missed, the person may not be meeting at that time, you may do a bulk delete. Second read and no reply would give impression of not interested."

A lot of the time they aren’t deleted or even read! Hard to gauge what someone is thinking receding so many messages !

over a year ago

Second message is fine, they can be missed, the person may not be meeting at that time, you may do a bulk delete. Second read and no reply would give impression of not interested."

Exactly this, I'd very rarely send a third, after that it's bordering staking..

By *essicaRabbit1Woman
over a year ago

Dublin

Second message is fine, they can be missed, the person may not be meeting at that time, you may do a bulk delete. Second read and no reply would give impression of not interested.

A lot of the time they aren’t deleted or even read! Hard to gauge what someone is thinking receding so many messages !"

I open most, I tend not to reply to all, but if it's someone I may be interested in i will reply and see how conversation flows.

By *essicaRabbit1Woman
over a year ago

Dublin

Exactly this, I'd very rarely send a third, after that it's bordering staking.. "

I've had up as many as 8 without reply.

over a year ago

Depends if the message is a copy and paste job of the first message I will delete straight away

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

I normally tend to message about 8 or 9 times just to be 100% sure they are not jntrested

By *ildmovement OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"Depends if the message is a copy and paste job of the first message I will delete straight away "

Oh I don’t copy paste, read the profiles and try to message in relation to the profile itself! But a lot of similar profiles on here !-/

By *ildmovement OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"I normally tend to message about 8 or 9 times just to be 100% sure they are not jntrested"

How’s that working for you? I haven’t tried that tact myself now

By *oo32Man
over a year ago

tipperary

"I normally tend to message about 8 or 9 times just to be 100% sure they are not jntrested

How’s that working for you? I haven’t tried that tact myself now "

To be completely honest...its going terribly...I'm normally blocked

over a year ago

"I normally tend to message about 8 or 9 times just to be 100% sure they are not jntrested

To be completely honest...its going terribly...I'm normally blocked"

Time for for a tactical change?

over a year ago

To be completely honest...its going terribly...I'm normally blocked

Time for for a tactical change? "

10 message minimum?

By *ildmovement OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

I don’t think swinging can be done with tactics. is it not more to the moon and planets aligning that a game plan to win something

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan
over a year ago

Tipperary

I rarely would send another message to someone I had sent a message to previously as I would see that as hassling them! "

I have, on numerous occasions messages women once, no reply, could try another time and get a reply. That's fab.

By *ildmovement OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

I rarely would send another message to someone I had sent a message to previously as I would see that as hassling them! I have, on numerous occasions messages women once, no reply, could try another time and get a reply. That's fab. "

True, who knows what’s happening the other end of a phone to whom your messaging!

over a year ago

No harm in sending a 2nd message but I'd leave it if that one goes unanswered

By *ildmovement OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"No harm in sending a 2nd message but I'd leave it if that one goes unanswered "

Lol most all messages go unanswered

over a year ago

"No harm in sending a 2nd message but I'd leave it if that one goes unanswered

Lol most all messages go unanswered "

Aww, that just means they weren't the right ones. The message or the women lol you decide

By *ildmovement OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"No harm in sending a 2nd message but I'd leave it if that one goes unanswered

Lol most all messages go unanswered

Aww, that just means they weren't the right ones. The message or the women lol you decide "

I’d say your right on both counts there

By *ildmovement OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

But then when does any man get it right first time

By *exyDownUnderWoman
over a year ago

Westmeath

Send again. The woman could be in a different head space after a few months. As no response could be due to various reasons at the time.

By *ildmovement OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"Send again. The woman could be in a different head space after a few months. As no response could be due to various reasons at the time.

"

Now I’m going to be cheeky and say a woman’s head space can change a lot quicker than a few months

over a year ago

Well it's depends. If you mail them first and you see they read a message and didn't respond or they just deleted it. That is a no go zone. So you shouldn't bother them anymore. But if they mail you or wink you or you had some conversation with those people or person. And they didn't respond but you want to get the conversation going yes mail them again. Cause maybe they didn't see your message because they are getting too many. But of course don't bombard with messages nor getting upset and mail them a nasty one

By *ildmovement OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"Well it's depends. If you mail them first and you see they read a message and didn't respond or they just deleted it. That is a no go zone. So you shouldn't bother them anymore. But if they mail you or wink you or you had some conversation with those people or person. And they didn't respond but you want to get the conversation going yes mail them again. Cause maybe they didn't see your message because they are getting too many. But of course don't bombard with messages nor getting upset and mail them a nasty one

"

Oh if the message is deleted straight after reading I won’t message again. In fact lately I just block people that do that so as not to message them again and be annoying them.

over a year ago

"Well it's depends. If you mail them first and you see they read a message and didn't respond or they just deleted it. That is a no go zone. So you shouldn't bother them anymore. But if they mail you or wink you or you had some conversation with those people or person. And they didn't respond but you want to get the conversation going yes mail them again. Cause maybe they didn't see your message because they are getting too many. But of course don't bombard with messages nor getting upset and mail them a nasty one

Oh if the message is deleted straight after reading I won’t message again. In fact lately I just block people that do that so as not to message them again and be annoying them. "

Yeah I do the same

over a year ago

I just be happy to get any mail but your question. Is I forget who I have sent mail to so yes I go to sometimes send mail again. But I don't.

By *nquisitive ladyWoman
over a year ago

meath

Its very easy here for ladies to miss seeing messages and I'm sure many a good guy has been overlooked. So yes send a second message..

By *ildmovement OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

The site sends you a warning message that they haven’t replied so even if you forgot you sent one the site reminds you.

By *exyDownUnderWoman
over a year ago

Westmeath

"Send again. The woman could be in a different head space after a few months. As no response could be due to various reasons at the time.

Now I’m going to be cheeky and say a woman’s head space can change a lot quicker than a few months "

Smartarse

By *ildmovement OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Now I’m going to be cheeky and say a woman’s head space can change a lot quicker than a few months

Smartarse "

I did say I was going to be cheeky

over a year ago

To be completely honest...its going terribly...I'm normally blocked"

I wonder why lol lads take note if ye wanna be blocked try this method

over a year ago

"

Anyone sending nasty messages ruins this for everyone.

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

I wont, I would be afraid they would make a forum thread or status update saying "no reply means no".

Wouldnt be able to look my reflection in the eye.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

After a year I'd think it was OK to try again...

It's when someone keeps doing it every week even though you haven't replied or have replied saying not interested that it becomes tiresome.

over a year ago

"After a year I'd think it was OK to try again...

It's when someone keeps doing it every week even though you haven't replied or have replied saying not interested that it becomes tiresome. "

I have had a message every other day for the last 2 weeks. My name is ......

By *ohndunboyneMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

"A few months apart I wouldnt see as a big deal if the first wasnt opened....

After that though Id call it a day"

This

By *anKinkyMan
over a year ago

Carrick on Shannon

I've sent messages to women on here and they have never been read,as a gold member I can see who reads or not.I guess they get so many messages.It's hit or miss here really

Post new Message to Thread