Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Verifications

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is it wrong to ask to view people's verifications. For me I like to read them as it gives me a better insight to that person. But when someone says no it just makes me wonder....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Its not wrong of you, but some people prefer to keep who and when they meet private.

By *he riverdeep69Couple
over a year ago

North west ish

"Is it wrong to ask to view people's verifications. For me I like to read them as it gives me a better insight to that person. But when someone says no it just makes me wonder.... "

Some people hide them for various reasons (getting abuse, stalkers etc). But I think it is reasonable to at least request to see them for a short time.

over a year ago

"Its not wrong of you, but some people prefer to keep who and when they meet private. "

Ok that is fair enough.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

It's fair enough if you're seriously looking to meet someone, but a bit rude if you arent

By *rbubbleMan
over a year ago

wild west sligo mayo roscommon

"Is it wrong to ask to view people's verifications. For me I like to read them as it gives me a better insight to that person. But when someone says no it just makes me wonder.... "

If I’m been honest I’ve caught a few males out posing as couples and basically giving themselves verifications under different username like that they had them hidden asked to see them they were great reviews but never a girl in the couple despite reviews but when I clicked into the people that reviewed them guess what I found same pics

over a year ago

"Is it wrong to ask to view people's verifications. For me I like to read them as it gives me a better insight to that person. But when someone says no it just makes me wonder....

Some people hide them for various reasons (getting abuse, stalkers etc). But I think it is reasonable to at least request to see them for a short time. "

Yes thank you

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I keep mine private who I've met is no one else's business. If they want to see a summary I will show that. If the guys I have met want to show their veris I don't mind but on my own profile it will stay private.

over a year ago

I think you’re entitled to ask, and they are entitled to what they’re comfortable with.

over a year ago

"It's fair enough if you're seriously looking to meet someone, but a bit rude if you arent"

I'd only ask to see if that person has been asking me to meet them and only if I was considering it.

over a year ago

"Is it wrong to ask to view people's verifications. For me I like to read them as it gives me a better insight to that person. But when someone says no it just makes me wonder....

If I’m been honest I’ve caught a few males out posing as couples and basically giving themselves verifications under different username like that they had them hidden asked to see them they were great reviews but never a girl in the couple despite reviews but when I clicked into the people that reviewed them guess what I found same pics "

Thats awful

over a year ago

"I keep mine private who I've met is no one else's business. If they want to see a summary I will show that. If the guys I have met want to show their veris I don't mind but on my own profile it will stay private. "

Ok that's your prerogative.

over a year ago

Well if you felt you needed to see them before a meet and they weren’t keen and it was a deal breaker it’s definitely their loss from what I can see

over a year ago

No problem showing verifications! .just don't display unless asked!

over a year ago

Well if you felt you needed to see them before a meet and they weren’t keen and it was a deal breaker it’s definitely their loss from what I can see "

Its not a deal breaker but if someone casts a little doubt over me in messages I've found that reading some of their verifications has given me the answer I needed.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/07/19 20:31:00]

over a year ago

If it's there to be read, then it would be rude not too

over a year ago

"If it's there to be read, then it would be rude not too "

Yes Mr Thunderkiss

over a year ago

"No problem showing verifications! .just don't display unless asked!"

Thank you

over a year ago

Well if you felt you needed to see them before a meet and they weren’t keen and it was a deal breaker it’s definitely their loss from what I can see

Its not a deal breaker but if someone casts a little doubt over me in messages I've found that reading some of their verifications has given me the answer I needed. "

We can chat in three years to see if I cast any doubt

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

I've seen screenshots of Fab veris appearing on other sites... Whether they were their own veris but under different usernames or 'borrowed' ones I don't know.

over a year ago

Its not a deal breaker but if someone casts a little doubt over me in messages I've found that reading some of their verifications has given me the answer I needed.

We can chat in three years to see if I cast any doubt "

ha ha okay

over a year ago

No issue displaying mine if asked. And if I'm meeting a guy I ask to see theirs. Been messed about by too many so called verified guys. As someone else pointed out can see some profiles with one Veri from a very basic profile with a Veri from the guy and noone else always raises a red flag.

over a year ago

"No issue displaying mine if asked. And if I'm meeting a guy I ask to see theirs. Been messed about by too many so called verified guys. As someone else pointed out can see some profiles with one Veri from a very basic profile with a Veri from the guy and noone else always raises a red flag."

And I've come across guys that I have chatted to but not met who will ask for a Veri to say we have met

over a year ago

"I've seen screenshots of Fab veris appearing on other sites... Whether they were their own veris but under different usernames or 'borrowed' ones I don't know. "

Well that is the risk here but not just with verifications being screenshot. I've been told that my photos have appeared on another site. Though I cannot be certain if that is true or not . .

over a year ago

"No issue displaying mine if asked. And if I'm meeting a guy I ask to see theirs. Been messed about by too many so called verified guys. As someone else pointed out can see some profiles with one Veri from a very basic profile with a Veri from the guy and noone else always raises a

And I've come across guys that I have chatted to but not met who will ask for a Veri to say we have met"

Oh that's cheeky

By *irl4fucking18Woman
over a year ago

city

I said it before all my verts are hidden. As for other peoples verts I couldn't be arsed reading them they mean absolutely noting about the person. Best to stick with your instinct thats what I do. And tbh most are from the same people attending the same parties every month yaaawwwnnn gets boring reading them. And 60% of meets I have a conversation always comes up on others they have met sometimes they can be good some times they can be awful

over a year ago

"I said it before all my verts are hidden. As for other peoples verts I couldn't be arsed reading them they mean absolutely noting about the person. Best to stick with your instinct thats what I do. And tbh most are from the same people attending the same parties every month yaaawwwnnn gets boring reading them. And 60% of meets I have a conversation always comes up on others they have met sometimes they can be good some times they can be awful "

Thank you . Its good to get other peoples perspective on this.

By *verage Joe BlackMan
over a year ago

Border Area

"I've seen screenshots of Fab veris appearing on other sites... Whether they were their own veris but under different usernames or 'borrowed' ones I don't know.

Well that is the risk here but not just with verifications being screenshot. I've been told that my photos have appeared on another site. Though I cannot be certain if that is true or not . . "

I’m pretty sure that true. I could swear i saw them in Tescos Online in the clothes and homewear section

By *eelum1988Man
over a year ago

Dublin

if they don't Want to show then have no point to meet..

By *kblueeyesCouple
over a year ago

kilkenny

Don't mind showing or reading veris just gives a little insight to the person.

over a year ago

All mine are public nothing to hide here

By *irl4fucking18Woman
over a year ago

city

"I said it before all my verts are hidden. As for other peoples verts I couldn't be arsed reading them they mean absolutely noting about the person. Best to stick with your instinct thats what I do. And tbh most are from the same people attending the same parties every month yaaawwwnnn gets boring reading them. And 60% of meets I have a conversation always comes up on others they have met sometimes they can be good some times they can be awful

Thank you . Its good to get other peoples perspective on this. "

thats just me personally whats written on a screen doesn't actually mean what the person is like. And I found that out the hard way unfortunately

over a year ago

Oh I like to read veri's and check out who they met before me. Sometimes it helps with my decision to meet or not.

over a year ago

"I've seen screenshots of Fab veris appearing on other sites... Whether they were their own veris but under different usernames or 'borrowed' ones I don't know.

Well that is the risk here but not just with verifications being screenshot. I've been told that my photos have appeared on another site. Though I cannot be certain if that is true or not . .

I’m pretty sure that true. I could swear i saw them in Tescos Online in the clothes and homewear section "

I can tell you are still feeling the effects of your anesthetic JB

over a year ago

My verifications are hidden and that's to keep things private.

I show the summery report so people know I'm verified by more than just one person.

If I'm chatting with some one and they really want to see them I'm happy to put them on show for awhile, but I turn them back off after an hours or so

over a year ago

No it’s 100% .. only way to know who’s genuine

over a year ago

if they don't Want to show then have no point to meet.."

I kind of think that way

over a year ago

"I said it before all my verts are hidden. As for other peoples verts I couldn't be arsed reading them they mean absolutely noting about the person. Best to stick with your instinct thats what I do. And tbh most are from the same people attending the same parties every month yaaawwwnnn gets boring reading them. And 60% of meets I have a conversation always comes up on others they have met sometimes they can be good some times they can be awful

Thank you . Its good to get other peoples perspective on this. thats just me personally whats written on a screen doesn't actually mean what the person is like. And I found that out the hard way unfortunately"

No but sometimes its not what is said but whom they have met has made my decision for me

over a year ago

I kind of think that way "

When a guy does not want to display or give veris I always assume they are playing without permission or dont want to pee a regular off.

over a year ago

"Don't mind showing or reading veris just gives a little insight to the person. "
exactly

over a year ago

"My verifications are hidden and that's to keep things private.

I show the summery report so people know I'm verified by more than just one person.

If I'm chatting with some one and they really want to see them I'm happy to put them on show for awhile, but I turn them back off after an hours or so"

that to me is fair.

over a year ago

I kind of think that way

When a guy does not want to display or give veris I always assume they are playing without permission or dont want to pee a regular off."

That is another way of looking at it

over a year ago

"No it’s 100% .. only way to know who’s genuine"
an insight to the person

By *verage Joe BlackMan
over a year ago

Border Area

I’ve posted on this topic in the past and i have been fairly vocal about the veri system on here and what people choose to say.

Things like “don’t miss out on her” and “treat her right” are like nails down a chalkboard for me.

If you’re going to leave a veri, make it honest, useful and accurate, not the equivalent of “ah sure it was a soft day and it was grand”.

Finally, some people keep veris hidden for very good reasons, often in agreement woth the ither person, who wants to keep anonymous for a variety of reasons. I’ve had requests in the past from ladies who had great reasons not to have me display due to something on here on Fab, so its not always sinister..

My rant is finished, i can enjoy my weekend

By *irl4fucking18Woman
over a year ago

city

"I’ve posted on this topic in the past and i have been fairly vocal about the veri system on here and what people choose to say.

Things like “don’t miss out on her” and “treat her right” are like nails down a chalkboard for me.

If you’re going to leave a veri, make it honest, useful and accurate, not the equivalent of “ah sure it was a soft day and it was grand”.

Finally, some people keep veris hidden for very good reasons, often in agreement woth the ither person, who wants to keep anonymous for a variety of reasons. I’ve had requests in the past from ladies who had great reasons not to have me display due to something on here on Fab, so its not always sinister..

My rant is finished, i can enjoy my weekend "

agreed

over a year ago

Thanks everyone for your opinions

over a year ago

"

When a guy does not want to display or give veris I always assume they are playing without permission or dont want to pee a regular off."

Surely if your playing without permission if your other half fonds your profile having veris published or not woule be the least of your problems?

over a year ago

"I’ve posted on this topic in the past and i have been fairly vocal about the veri system on here and what people choose to say.

Your a true gem

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

over a year ago

"

When a guy does not want to display or give veris I always assume they are playing without permission or dont want to pee a regular off.

Surely if your playing without permission if your other half fonds your profile having veris published or not woule be the least of your problems?"

True lol Doubt he would be fond of it...

I meant on fab though I have had guys ask for exclusive. I am sure they have no intention of it for themselves. But they would not be in a position to display or give any. Same when one half of a couple plays when agreement was only play together.

over a year ago

"

Surely if your playing without permission if your other half fonds your profile having veris published or not woule be the least of your problems?

True lol Doubt he would be fond of it...

I meant on fab though I have had guys ask for exclusive. I am sure they have no intention of it for themselves. But they would not be in a position to display or give any. Same when one half of a couple plays when agreement was only play together."

Ah fair enough I didnt think of that...

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS
over a year ago

London&Dublin

I wont show verifications to protect the identity of those who met me.

Thus i understand if people hide their verifications. However I do look at (and sometime request to see) verification summary to decide if they are potentially timewasters or not.

By *eys00Man
over a year ago

have boots will travel

I always get suspicious when all veris are hidden. Half shown half hidden is fine but why hide them all? I'm sure there are sometimes genuine reasons but I like to read them to get a feel of who I may be talking to. Call me cynical in my old age but I normally pass when its the case!

By *verage Joe BlackMan
over a year ago

Border Area

I always get suspicious when all veris are hidden. Half shown half hidden is fine but why hide them all? I'm sure there are sometimes genuine reasons but I like to read them to get a feel of who I may be talking to. Call me cynical in my old age but I normally pass when its the case!

"

Alright, you asked for it: You're cynical in your old age

By *eys00Man
over a year ago

have boots will travel

Alright, you asked for it: You're cynical in your old age

"

Oh yeah. Now slower this time

By *eanbelfastMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Just wondering, do you want to know what the verification says or do you want to know who they have met. Granted some people are more discreet than others and prefer to keep things private. For me if I were going to meet someone and they wanted to see my verifications I would have no problem sharing them, actually very happy with them though they aren't graphic but very nice

over a year ago

I have mine hidden.if I'm meeting someone I have no problem showing them the verts when I meet them but only two actually wanted to see them ever.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I wouldn't meet anyone who refuses to show some of the veris before meeting. No veris, no meet. Simples.

over a year ago

Verifications should be written in a format that doesn't reveal any information that can compromise the other parties privacy but also provide valuable feedback on that profile and meet....if warranted. If written like this than I don't see why a verification should be hidden.

over a year ago

No. Nothing wrong. My verifications and pics are hidden. I found what I was looking for

over a year ago

Veris are a little usless unless ypu know the person who has left it arent they?

I mean what use is a veri from a year ago from a profile thats hidden or 20 from a single m+g that chatting to the person yourself and arranging a meet in a safe public place couldnt do the same job.

There are plenty of well verified people that act badly or do no shows.

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS
over a year ago

London&Dublin

"Verifications should be written in a format that doesn't reveal any information that can compromise the other parties privacy but also provide valuable feedback on that profile and meet....if warranted. If written like this than I don't see why a verification should be hidden. "

Isn't verification summary fulfils that need?

By *unnyfookMan
over a year ago

Naas

i would say its not wrong, you get a feel for someone... what they are like etc

over a year ago

"Verifications should be written in a format that doesn't reveal any information that can compromise the other parties privacy but also provide valuable feedback on that profile and meet....if warranted. If written like this than I don't see why a verification should be hidden.

Isn't verification summary fulfils that need?"

Could be negative/dodgy verifications. It is also reassuring to see/check that profile leaving the verification is genuine.

over a year ago

"Veris are a little usless unless ypu know the person who has left it arent they?

I mean what use is a veri from a year ago from a profile thats hidden or 20 from a single m+g that chatting to the person yourself and arranging a meet in a safe public place couldnt do the same job.

There are plenty of well verified people that act badly or do no shows."

over a year ago

As far as I’m concerned the point of verifications are that they serve as guide to others about you. Gives them a little insight, makes the whole chats and flirting a bit more depth.

By *he riverdeep69Couple
over a year ago

North west ish

"Verifications should be written in a format that doesn't reveal any information that can compromise the other parties privacy but also provide valuable feedback on that profile and meet....if warranted. If written like this than I don't see why a verification should be hidden. "

We hid ours for a while. Some freak found it funny to message all our veris to try and get personal info about us - where we live/work etc. We are careful now and nobody knows that level of info about us. Got to remember there are some very sick puppies on here.

over a year ago

"Verifications should be written in a format that doesn't reveal any information that can compromise the other parties privacy but also provide valuable feedback on that profile and meet....if warranted. If written like this than I don't see why a verification should be hidden.

We hid ours for a while. Some freak found it funny to message all our veris to try and get personal info about us - where we live/work etc. We are careful now and nobody knows that level of info about us. Got to remember there are some very sick puppies on here."

feck that is bad

over a year ago

I personally don't read verification and I don't have any on my page for a simple reason were not children and don't need to be praised online. It should be private

By *ensualandslow321Man
over a year ago

Tullamore

Totally agree.

over a year ago

We hid ours for a while. Some freak found it funny to message all our veris to try and get personal info about us - where we live/work etc. We are careful now and nobody knows that level of info about us. Got to remember there are some very sick puppies on here."

That’s shocking!

By *unnyfookMan
over a year ago

Naas

We hid ours for a while. Some freak found it funny to message all our veris to try and get personal info about us - where we live/work etc. We are careful now and nobody knows that level of info about us. Got to remember there are some very sick puppies on here.

That’s shocking!"

dodgy alright, people often ask about my veris, ijust say find out foryourself

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

"... And I've come across guys that I have chatted to but not met who will ask for a Veri to say we have met"

I've had that too... Not a hope in hell!

over a year ago

"Veris are a little usless unless ypu know the person who has left it arent they?

There are plenty of well verified people that act badly or do no shows."

Totally agree with you Jamie

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

I've had an issue in the past with a former meet whom I had blocked following some particularly alarming, possessive behaviour. He contacted not only my other veris, but other people who had verified them in turn...

I've also had 2 occasions where other women behaved bizarrely... One had a complete meltdown because I was still on friendly terms with my former partner (whom she had recently met) and the other (a woman in the UK) messaged me demanding that I stop meeting my fwb (now my partner) because she felt I was getting in the way.

By *he riverdeep69Couple
over a year ago

North west ish

I've had an issue in the past with a former meet whom I had blocked following some particularly alarming, possessive behaviour. He contacted not only my other veris, but other people who had verified them in turn...

I've also had 2 occasions where other women behaved bizarrely... One had a complete meltdown because I was still on friendly terms with my former partner (whom she had recently met) and the other (a woman in the UK) messaged me demanding that I stop meeting my fwb (now my partner) because she felt I was getting in the way. "

Oh we have never even met them. They rejoin with a new profile ever 3-4 days. Must have alot of time on their hands. Sad really.

By *elticmale84Man
over a year ago

dublin

I have one verification on my profile and i get abuse over this most times im told i should have more for the time im on here but ive only meet one person what is with people ??

Post new Message to Thread