Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Requesting phone#

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I just had a meeting for tonight pulled because I didn't hand over my phone number. I only have and want one phone and not going to hand out my personal number.

I could get a swing phone but isn't Kik and messages on here for getting in touch

What do ye think?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

well if i was meeting some one i would insist on a phone number . i had people mess me about cos i had no phone number .

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Thats really the persons prerogative isnt it.

Im not sure I would meet someone who refused to give me their number.. I have met people without swapping numbers but its more about the feeling of not being trusted enough to swap numbers but enough to swap body fluids

By *exyDownUnderWoman
over a year ago

Westmeath

I don't hand out my number either. Sure kik is a great app for communicating.

Think you dodged a bullet tbh.

over a year ago

"Thats really the persons prerogative isnt it.

Im not sure I would meet someone who refused to give me their number.. I have met people without swapping numbers but its more about the feeling of not being trusted enough to swap numbers but enough to swap body fluids "

It's not about trust... I just want to keep the two lives separate

By *unLovingCriminalMan
over a year ago

Somewhere

"I don't hand out my number either. Sure kik is a great app for communicating.

Think you dodged a bullet tbh."

Agreed

over a year ago

Im not sure I would meet someone who refused to give me their number.. I have met people without swapping numbers but its more about the feeling of not being trusted enough to swap numbers but enough to swap body fluids

It's not about trust... I just want to keep the two lives separate"

And they dont want to meet because of it. No harm no foul either way.

One bit if advice take the update slagging them down, it makes you look a bit petulant and might put off other potential meets

over a year ago

One bit if advice take the update slagging them down, it makes you look a bit petulant and might put off other potential meets"

over a year ago

One bit if advice take the update slagging them down, it makes you look a bit petulant and might put off other potential meets

"

No point letting one let down rujn other chances

By *oxic1998Woman
over a year ago

Belfast

Never give my number to anyone from here I dont trust. Very few have it. Especially if it's a first meet....kik or no meet....simple.

over a year ago

3 people from fab have my number and they are guys I've known years, I did make the mistake of giving out my number before and the 3am d*unk texts and calls started, never again. I think its perfectly reasonable to want to keep it private.

over a year ago

I would never give anyone from fab my number. No way what wrong with fab for contacting each other.

By *igBlondeDommeWoman
over a year ago

middle of nowhere

I'm not keen on giving out my number because of a bad experience.

over a year ago

I like to think I'm good judge of character,so three have my number!.. None have abused it!.

By *oxic1998Woman
over a year ago

Belfast

"I'm not keen on giving out my number because of a bad experience. "

Learnt the hard way too when I first joined

By *nniKWoman
over a year ago

España

I've given my phone number before but never again. My phone number is linked to few social media accounts and on these platforms I've been approached by Fab users who had my number. I want to keep Fab separate from the real life.

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

each to their own . i nearly missed a meet thank god we had swapped phone numbers . iarrived at the wrong mcdonalds

By *oreThanOnceMan
over a year ago

Dublin

I was asked once for my phone number, as she wanted to ring me and hear my voice and accent.

It was a short 5 minute talk and she called me, but she made sure she wasn't showing her number.

No one else ever asked for my number or a phone call since.

Kik, face pics and live Kik video calls, are usually enough.

The verifications and a good chat for few days, is enough for both me and them.

Very few here don't use Kik and the ones who don't want to exchange Kik profiles don't interest me.

I say good luck to them fairly quick.

By *eductively_SweetWoman
over a year ago

wexford Dublin

Im not sure I would meet someone who refused to give me their number.. I have met people without swapping numbers but its more about the feeling of not being trusted enough to swap numbers but enough to swap body fluids "

I refuse to give out my number because it's connected to my personal private life. You can learn and find out about by a mobile number your whole life is connected to it. There is no need to give out yournumber just to have sex that's what kik is for. If ppl refuse to meet as a result so be it. No sleep will be lost over strangers

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"I've given my phone number before but never again. My phone number is linked to few social media accounts and on these platforms I've been approached by Fab users who had my number. I want to keep Fab separate from the real life. "

Id say ur number is 34-32-34

over a year ago

"I've given my phone number before but never again. My phone number is linked to few social media accounts and on these platforms I've been approached by Fab users who had my number. I want to keep Fab separate from the real life. "

Exact same thing happened to me.

Im very very careful who gets my number...and im not afraid of blocking if i get annoying texts lol

By *igBlondeDommeWoman
over a year ago

middle of nowhere

"I'm not keen on giving out my number because of a bad experience.

Learnt the hard way too when I first joined "

Exactly this.

over a year ago

"

The verifications and a good chat for few days, is enough for both me and them.

Very few here don't use Kik and the ones who don't want to exchange Kik profiles don't interest me.

I say good luck to them fairly quick. "

No face pics. I sent one. Few decent veris. Just didn't do Kik and wanted number. Not a loss just thought it was odd in the end

over a year ago

I always chat on kik first see how it goes if we meet and get on great .. then exchange numbers after a few meets .

By *oreThanOnceMan
over a year ago

Dublin

I said it before, a "horny man" is as vulnerable as any woman, on Fab or elsewhere.

Unscrupulous people, men posing as women, women or couples using someone else's pics love to prey on men, exactly as some men like to prey on women.

There is a very fine balance between sharing a bit of your privacy (like face pics) or a fair bit more than that (like accomodating in your own house) versus being totally paranoid about it.

Someone's behaviour during Kik chats, always gives good hints and will raise red flags fairly quick.

There are always ones that master the "chat" and can be very deceiving and I haven't found any solution to spot them, apart from using the good old "too good to be good" rule.

These resulted always in ghosting or worst, being "stood up".

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/07/19 21:01:57]

over a year ago

"I just had a meeting for tonight pulled because I didn't hand over my phone number. I only have and want one phone and not going to hand out my personal number.

I could get a swing phone but isn't Kik and messages on here for getting in touch

What do ye think?"

Yes I think kik is sufficient enough and is actually better to cam aswell.

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I don't give out my number on here anymore. I have twice and both times regretted it so I won't anymore. Kik or here is what I use. If someone won't meet me because they don't have my number well that's fine we won't meet.

By *hors.HammerMan
over a year ago

Newbridge

Never ever hand out your number here before a meet after yes maybe if it goes well but before unless it's a throw away number don't give it out. Was literally just telling someone about a stalker I got off here. always be safe as most people have phone numbers attached to personal accounts on social media and it's very easy to find information from it.

over a year ago

See no need whatsoever to give out our numbers, if people aren't happy with that, then we won't be meeting.

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

Would never meet a man without a face pic and phone number for personal safety reasons. If something bad were to happen a kik ID is fuck all use to the Gardai.

No issue giving my number out either, if I get an annoying text or call it takes less than 30 seconds to block someone - hardly a big deal, and I don't consider nuisance calls to be a risk on the same level as meeting a stranger with no means of identifying them.

I've had men refuse me their number before and it's a deal breaker for me. I find it a huge red flag when a guy puts their convenience before my comfort.

over a year ago

Fabbers who I've became friends with have my number and are on my Facebook. Obviously, not every random Jim and Joe. Only ones I grew to like and trust over time.

Every fabber first and foremost is a human. If you become friends with that human, I don't see why they couldn't or shouldn't be a part of every day life.. well knowing how busy I am - more like every few months. But keeping in touch and a courtesy message asking how they're doing - is always appreciated.

over a year ago

Well said x

By *yesgreenMan
over a year ago

north and south

"I'm not keen on giving out my number because of a bad experience. "
But sometimes fab does not work when out and about, I missed a meeting because could not get on line , is there a way to pick up great reception or another way? Or kik is cool

over a year ago

kik the way to go ...canm chat great way of getting rid of the fakes ....

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

"I just had a meeting for tonight pulled because I didn't hand over my phone number. I only have and want one phone and not going to hand out my personal number.

What do ye think?"

Personally I'm reluctant even to add folk on kik, never mind give out my phone number, and know exactly where the OP is coming from. Chatting and making arrangements on Fab is fine. You log in when it's convenient, check and reply to messages, then log out and get on with your life. Once someone has your kik or phone number you lose that... They can now contact you whenever they want to regardless of if it is convenient for you... And worse still... Add you to bloody irritating kik or WhatsApp/Viber groups, which then gives every other twat in the group your kik address or phone number to start annoying you with 'why aren't you replying?' messages when you're trying to work, sleep, cook, poop, drive, iron, cut grass, relax with family members... It all becomes far too intrusive.

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Would never meet a man without a face pic and phone number for personal safety reasons. If something bad were to happen a kik ID is fuck all use to the Gardai.

No issue giving my number out either, if I get an annoying text or call it takes less than 30 seconds to block someone - hardly a big deal, and I don't consider nuisance calls to be a risk on the same level as meeting a stranger with no means of identifying them.

I've had men refuse me their number before and it's a deal breaker for me. I find it a huge red flag when a guy puts their convenience before my comfort. "

I see your point but a lot have a fab phone (second phone for fab meets only) and I'd say there's ways of getting prepaid sim cards without giving your personal details. So where does that leave you regarding safety and security?

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

What do ye think?

Personally I'm reluctant even to add folk on kik, never mind give out my phone number, and know exactly where the OP is coming from. Chatting and making arrangements on Fab is fine. You log in when it's convenient, check and reply to messages, then log out and get on with your life. Once someone has your kik or phone number you lose that... They can now contact you whenever they want to regardless of if it is convenient for you... And worse still... Add you to bloody irritating kik or WhatsApp/Viber groups, which then gives every other twat in the group your kik address or phone number to start annoying you with 'why aren't you replying?' messages when you're trying to work, sleep, cook, poop, drive, iron, cut grass, relax with family members... It all becomes far too intrusive. "

^^^^^This is it

over a year ago

What do ye think?

Personally I'm reluctant even to add folk on kik, never mind give out my phone number, and know exactly where the OP is coming from. Chatting and making arrangements on Fab is fine. You log in when it's convenient, check and reply to messages, then log out and get on with your life. Once someone has your kik or phone number you lose that... They can now contact you whenever they want to regardless of if it is convenient for you... And worse still... Add you to bloody irritating kik or WhatsApp/Viber groups, which then gives every other twat in the group your kik address or phone number to start annoying you with 'why aren't you replying?' messages when you're trying to work, sleep, cook, poop, drive, iron, cut grass, relax with family members... It all becomes far too intrusive. "

Just use the block function.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

What do ye think?

Personally I'm reluctant even to add folk on kik, never mind give out my phone number, and know exactly where the OP is coming from. Chatting and making arrangements on Fab is fine. You log in when it's convenient, check and reply to messages, then log out and get on with your life. Once someone has your kik or phone number you lose that... They can now contact you whenever they want to regardless of if it is convenient for you... And worse still... Add you to bloody irritating kik or WhatsApp/Viber groups, which then gives every other twat in the group your kik address or phone number to start annoying you with 'why aren't you replying?' messages when you're trying to work, sleep, cook, poop, drive, iron, cut grass, relax with family members... It all becomes far too intrusive.

Just use the block function. "

I do. But it is far easier just to be super selective in the first place. Only my closest friends have my contacts

over a year ago

"I don't hand out my number either. Sure kik is a great app for communicating.

Think you dodged a bullet tbh."

I agree totally all my meets are through kik. Less than a hand full I trust have my number,that is my choice...

over a year ago

What do ye think?

Just use the block function.

I do. But it is far easier just to be super selective in the first place. Only my closest friends have my contacts "

over a year ago

What do ye think?

We've never had issues like this, but we're superselective about giving even Kik to people. We make no apologies for guarding our privacy, nor have we ever had to.

over a year ago

What do ye think?

We've never had issues like this, but we're superselective about giving even Kik to people. We make no apologies for guarding our privacy, nor have we ever had to."

This.... Exactly, it's my privacy, my personal life. Kik in my opinion is fine. I've notifications disabled for it so it never intrudes on myife till I open the app

By *irl4fucking18Woman
over a year ago

city

[Removed by poster at 19/07/19 16:59:02]

By *irl4fucking18Woman
over a year ago

city

Last time I gave my phone number out I was harassed on my social media accounts.

I 100 percent dont give my phone number out to anyone anymore.

Instead I bought a cheap phone in tescos 35euro and thats my fab phone new number just for fab etc.

I only use it for fab and nothing else. And its not connected to my life outside of here.

Its switched off if I am not meeting. And thrown into the locker. Problem solved

over a year ago

Depends on verifications if I would provide a phone number

Post new Message to Thread