Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

***Men need to talk***

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

As a man that suffers from depression and anxiety bin down the road an what not. I guess everyday is a battle but I win unlike last year an the year before. Some of you lovely gents females and couples where very kind to mail me. And gave me a chance to survive along with my friends and colleagues etc..

The point of my post is unfortunately a man I know lost his battle tonight and I am quite down over it as the two of us always talked no matter what. It took him time and it took me time. I just cant believe it when I heard it. I really taught we where fighting it and where winning..

So guys dont be afraid to open up and talk if the talk doesn't come out your problems will get worse trust me. Here is some numbers if you ever need them. I am also here to help people especially the guys as I know how hard it is.

Samaritans 116 123 or email jo@samaritans.ie

Aware 1800 80 48 48 (depression, anxiety)

Pieta House 1800 247 247 or email mary@pieta.ie (suicide, self-harm)

Hope admin dont mind me posting this with the above information but it is for mental health..

Keep fighting guys tomorrow is a new day..

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ollinrock77Man
over a year ago

mullingar

"As a man that suffers from depression and anxiety bin down the road an what not. I guess everyday is a battle but I win unlike last year an the year before. Some of you lovely gents females and couples where very kind to mail me. And gave me a chance to survive along with my friends and colleagues etc

The point of my post is unfortunately a man I know lost his battle tonight and I am quite down over it as the two of us always talked no matter what. It took him time and it took me time. I just cant believe it when I heard it. I really taught we where fighting it and where winning..

So guys dont be afraid to open up and talk if the talk doesn't come out your problems will get worse trust me. Here is some numbers if you ever need them. I am also here to help people especially the guys as I know how hard it is.

Hope admin dont mind me posting this with the above information but it is for mental health..

Keep fighting guys tomorrow is a new day.. "

Fair play to you for posting this hope your doing ok .

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It’s a lot to handle, and unfortunately it’s only too common.

You’re right, men do need to open up and I’m guilty of this myself.

I’m sorry to hear of your battle OP, but if you’d like, I’m willing to listen

I may not be able to help, or be qualified to, for that matter, but you can always send me a message to unload your thoughts

More than happy to lend an ear to anyone

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"It’s a lot to handle, and unfortunately it’s only too common.

I may not be able to help, or be qualified to, for that matter, but you can always send me a message to unload your thoughts

More than happy to lend an ear to anyone "

very wise words my man but all is good with me now with the help of others around me including here. Its just unfortunate its a silent killer for mostly men. And it took a man tonight close to me. So its nice to hear other lads helping each other out. I know its extremely hard for guys to express but it will build up thats a fact.

By *antra MassageMan
over a year ago

south side

"It’s a lot to handle, and unfortunately it’s only too common.

More than happy to lend an ear to anyone very wise words my man but all is good with me now with the help of others around me including here. Its just unfortunate its a silent killer for mostly men. And it took a man tonight close to me. So its nice to hear other lads helping each other out. I know its extremely hard for guys to express but it will build up thats a fact. "

I'm very sorry to hear your sad news. And at this time I appreciate you talking about your sadness, and encouraging others in the same boat to talk. Keep talking. Hope you get through the next few days OK.

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan
over a year ago

Tipperary

"As a man that suffers from depression and anxiety bin down the road an what not. I guess everyday is a battle but I win unlike last year an the year before. Some of you lovely gents females and couples where very kind to mail me. And gave me a chance to survive along with my friends and colleagues etc..

good man and sorry to hear about your friend. Keep the head up high and if u ever need to talk to a stranger don't hesitate to mail me.

By *r tayt2Man
over a year ago

Trim

over a year ago

"As a man that suffers from depression and anxiety bin down the road an what not. I guess everyday is a battle but I win unlike last year an the year before. Some of you lovely gents females and couples where very kind to mail me. And gave me a chance to survive along with my friends and colleagues etc..

Hugs xxx

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

Its awful the attitude towards it.

Don't watch a "star is born" if you are depressed or suicidal, its a film made for women not men, and its really really bad for a depressed man to watch it.

By *orguyMan
over a year ago

Tuam

My thoughts are with you and his family.

Always remember there is H.O.P.E.

Hold

On

Pain

Ends.

over a year ago

OP if you ever feel the need to talk , I am here , I fought many battles and some demons are still around so I do understand the struggle

over a year ago

Hope the brighter days are close by for you..condolences on your loss...lifes not easy at all.

By *unformeandyou84Woman
over a year ago

westmeath

Fair play for posting, I'm sorry about your friend.

As someone helping an ex/friend through depression atm, it's shocking how hard it is for men compared to women in the situation..

Keep on keeping on x

over a year ago

Hope your ok stev.. sending hugs

By *unnyfookMan
over a year ago

Naas

True story ...op

On the happy pills aswell.

Went to counseling and regular top ups aswell.and yes I am normal

over a year ago

OP Sorry to hear about your friend

Keep strong . There’s genuine respectful people on here if you ever need support or to talk .

Never be afraid to ask ...

over a year ago

Sorry to hear this Ste, very sad

over a year ago

condolences on your loss of u friend sending hugs u way

By *MissMiaXTV/TS
over a year ago

lisburn

I always listen and chat with the straight guys I meet, also massage relaxes them combined with my oral x

By *irl4fucking18Woman
over a year ago

city

Wow you have an incredible heart in saying that its hard for guys to say such words.

Its amazing to hear guys opening up of their feelings and thoughts.

It wont make any of you guys less of a man in fact guys it makes you all a harder and stronger man in my opinion..

I am sure like the rest of the people who posted above that your not short of an ear to fall on. And I can add my name to that list. #heretolisten

An condolences to your friend. Xxx

Post new Message to Thread