Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

You Eventually meet but...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

..the person you meet doesn't look anything like what they sent you in their photos ...has anyone..ladies or gents ..ever found themselves in this situation and what was your course of action ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *avie tCouple
over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

Not pictures but the description they gave wasn't arcuate... had a quick drink and told them they weren't for me....mrs

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes I've had this, it was so awkward, we got on but if there is no attraction its not gonna happen. We just chatted for abit then he left x

over a year ago

Hers is quite blunt if its not ronseal its not happening. I'll get the luck and were gone.

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS
over a year ago

London&Dublin

Yes..have that happened twice.

Just serve them drinks and confront them nicely before asking them to leave.

Awkward.

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Ye it has happened. I just chatted for a bit and then I left it is why I do social meets first.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

Yup. It has happened in the past. Just have a chat over the pre-arranged coffee or drink anyway and firmly but politely explain that it's not going to go any further than that. Unless they make a scene, or make you feel horribly uncomfortable (I once had a much older guy I hadn't wanted to meet in the first place start to wank himself under the table on the rooftop terrace of a busy café) there's no need to be rude or walk out on someone... They've ready let themselves down with their deception, no need for you to let yourself down too by being rude.

By *oreThanOnceMan
over a year ago

Dublin

It hasn't happened to me so far.

But there is a couple that keeps posting hot pics that I am sure are not theirs.

When we exchanged face pics, the quality of the pics they've sent me, compared to the ones they have on their profile, was disappointing and it made it very obvious that they are using pics from God knows where.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

"It hasn't happened to me so far.

But there is a couple that keeps posting hot pics that I am sure are not theirs.

When we exchanged face pics, the quality of the pics they've sent me, compared to the ones they have on their profile, was disappointing and it made it very obvious that they are using pics from God knows where.

"

Have you tried using Tineye or Google Reverse Image Search on their photos?

I was admiring a particularly arty photo the other day on hot pics. A woman wreathed in flames. It was the only public pic on the profile but a GRIS check took me to multiple listings of the book cover the image was stolen from. It's still a beautiful photo, just not of the woman who was using it

over a year ago

Always do a social meet first. As a woman I rarely say thank you but no thanks at the social for safety reasons. I only did this once but he was obviously a real sweet heart just not for me.

Have a chat about Fab and our experiences and then say nice to meet you I have to go. I tell them by text afterwards. Always hate doing it though.

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple
over a year ago

ireland

Yes I'd say it's happened to most here at some stage ,it is ofcourse awkward but that's why it's always better to arrange a social first .

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Yes I'd say it's happened to most here at some stage ,it is ofcourse awkward but that's why it's always better to arrange a social first ."

It's the first meet l'm asking about ..most first meets are social..so how did you react when your meet wasn't what they were cracked up to be ?..how did you handle the situation ?

By *oreThanOnceMan
over a year ago

Dublin

"Yes I'd say it's happened to most here at some stage ,it is ofcourse awkward but that's why it's always better to arrange a social first .

It's the first meet l'm asking about ..most first meets are social..so how did you react when your meet wasn't what they were cracked up to be ?..how did you handle the situation ?"

My first meet on Fab, was with a much more mature and experienced woman. I wasn't meeting her for her looks, but rather other qualities.

In general I don't judge on looks, chemistry is way more important to me, as I am looking for a regular SM interested partner, rather than casual sex.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

"Yes I'd say it's happened to most here at some stage ,it is ofcourse awkward but that's why it's always better to arrange a social first .

It's the first meet l'm asking about ..most first meets are social..so how did you react when your meet wasn't what they were cracked up to be ?..how did you handle the situation ?

My first meet on Fab, was with a much more mature and experienced woman. I wasn't meeting her for her looks, but rather other qualities.

In general I don't judge on looks, chemistry is way more important to me, as I am looking for a regular SM interested partner, rather than casual sex. "

But a SM dynamic requires trust. If you turned up to meet someone and it was blatantly clear that they had already lied about their age, height, body type, gender, or anything else, would your alarm bells not start ringing? I wouldn't be able to trust someone who had lied to me just to get a meet...

By *ingerrrrWoman
over a year ago

Meath

Yep met a 37 yr old that turned out to be 55.. I don’t know who’s photo he’d sent. I only knew it was him because he was waving at me.

I had a quick coffee and departed. He was a bit miffed I didn’t want to get into his car for a quickie

Obviously it never went any further..

over a year ago

Just because someone doesn't look like their pictures and is the age they claimed to be, it doesn't follow that there will be an attraction when you meet in person. This is the purpose of a social meet surely? And of course we all put up pics with our best angles

But someone having blatantly lied about their appearance is going to get short shrift from us.

over a year ago

It's never happened incidentally

over a year ago

yes...met for drinks...didn't recognize her when she walked in...picture years out of date .....

By *oreThanOnceMan
over a year ago

Dublin

"And of course we all put up pics with our best angles

"

Sometimes "best angles" is an understatement .

It happened to me twice, to meet someone who was using pics from when they were a "lot" less curvy and younger looking, than when we met or maybe "it was the angles of their pics" .

But again, I was looking for chemistry and serious interest in SM play.

A pitty, as the chat pre meet was very interesting and as I said many times before, I don't pre judge someone on looks.

over a year ago

We are super honest with pics an age but some have a fab ages that defy odds. Have met lots of couples obviously looking for younger people and lie about there age. I'm happy to meet an chat but if there is no sexual chemistry sorry.

By *oreThanOnceMan
over a year ago

Dublin

"And of course we all put up pics with our best angles

Sometimes "best angles" is an understatement .

It happened to me twice, to meet someone who was using pics from when they were a "lot" less curvy and younger looking, than when we met or maybe "it was the angles of their pics" .

But again, I was looking for chemistry and serious interest in SM play.

A pitty, as the chat pre meet was very interesting and as I said many times before, I don't pre judge someone on looks. "

Not to mention, than one of the women had a very bad attitude when we met, that left me almost speechless and it never happens to me, to be lost for words !

But each to their own, at least I was never stood up by anyone yet, but plenty of time for that to happen, considering the amount of women getting cold feet when I mention the SM play !

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

I have noticed that a lot of returning members will recycle old pics from previous profiles rather than upload new ones.... As if time and its effects stood still in the intervening years. Or some profiles have the same avatar since they joined 10-15 years ago.

Do you think photos should be date-stamped? Not the date it was uploaded to Fab as we currently have (they could have been taken any time), but the actual photos themselves that we upload? Would this in some way solve 2 issues... One being people using old photos of themselves, and the other being people using professional photos stolen from the Web.

over a year ago

"I have noticed that a lot of returning members will recycle old pics from previous profiles rather than upload new ones.... As if time and its effects stood still in the intervening years. Or some profiles have the same avatar since they joined 10-15 years ago.

Do you think photos should be date-stamped? Not the date it was uploaded to Fab as we currently have (they could have been taken any time), but the actual photos themselves that we upload? Would this in some way solve 2 issues... One being people using old photos of themselves, and the other being people using professional photos stolen from the Web."

Good idea

over a year ago

Yeah, was chatting with a woman for couple weeks. Eventually agreed to meet at her place.

Got there, knocked on the door & was ushered in to the sitting room.

Next thing walked in this fella completely naked. He was using his ex gf pics! Total fucking weirdo!

over a year ago

"Yeah, was chatting with a woman for couple weeks. Eventually agreed to meet at her place.

Got there, knocked on the door & was ushered in to the sitting room.

Next thing walked in this fella completely naked. He was using his ex gf pics! Total fucking weirdo!"

Who ushered you into the sitting room?

over a year ago

I knocked the door, the door opened to a dark hallway & briefly saw a hand point to the sitting room. I assume he went down the hallway into the kitchen which opened to the sitting room.

Strangest thing was that he got pissed at me for getting mad & leavin!

over a year ago

"I knocked the door, the door opened to a dark hallway & briefly saw a hand point to the sitting room. I assume he went down the hallway into the kitchen which opened to the sitting room.

Strangest thing was that he got pissed at me for getting mad & leavin!"

That’s fucking hilarious. Thankfully it didn’t get nasty.... wonder had it worked for him before?? Or after.... odd indeed....

I had a coffee meet once and when the girl opened her mouth she had bad teeth.... so immediately that was it.... I managed to make small talk for a while before leaving and not interacting with her again....

over a year ago

My pics are random along the ages but if I plan to meet someone I always send a recent one as in right now and expect the same courtesy , if I get to the meet and the pics won't match , I just walk away , did it before ( not on a fabs date )

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

Yeah I just closed my eyes and thought of the queen and got on with it.

but nah not really, I have met people without any photos and stuff, it basically means nothing at all to me, I don't meet often and its usually cause they are awesome so looking a bit different means nada.

Post new Message to Thread